Electric ktm mini?

6/15/2020 7:09am
mark911 wrote:
Hello, I design and build custom electric conversions per request. Here's an example of a KTM65 conversion. If you have any questions regarding electric bikes just...
Hello,
I design and build custom electric conversions per request. Here's an example of a KTM65 conversion. If you have any questions regarding electric bikes just text or email me and I'll try to answer them. Mark at MSC Engineering 602 752 0083 or maxvonauto@aol.com

That’s how cobra started my guy! Needed a more competitive bike that didn’t break....you’re appealing to a new electric market. You could be onto something here. Really cool!
mikec265
6/15/2020 7:19am
mark911 wrote:
For the bigger (little) kids and adults that think an electric 65 can't be competitive I'd direct you to this video of the prototype ktm 65...
For the bigger (little) kids and adults that think an electric 65 can't be competitive I'd direct you to this video of the prototype ktm 65 conversion I built for Electro and Company in action. Enjoy.

Mark, MSC Engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjh1dH86Mc
You've got my interest with the mention of the KX65 and KTM kits. Do you guys have an idea of a price point yet for the kit?
We just bought another KX65 for $500 which would be a good ready to roll chassis, but I think the KTM like you used would be the better chassis.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
6/15/2020 8:12am
mark911 wrote:
Hello, I design and build custom electric conversions per request. Here's an example of a KTM65 conversion. If you have any questions regarding electric bikes just...
Hello,
I design and build custom electric conversions per request. Here's an example of a KTM65 conversion. If you have any questions regarding electric bikes just text or email me and I'll try to answer them. Mark at MSC Engineering 602 752 0083 or maxvonauto@aol.com

That’s how cobra started my guy! Needed a more competitive bike that didn’t break....you’re appealing to a new electric market. You could be onto something here...
That’s how cobra started my guy! Needed a more competitive bike that didn’t break....you’re appealing to a new electric market. You could be onto something here. Really cool!
Holy cow that's a big back sprocket!
mark911
6/15/2020 12:49pm
mark911 wrote:
Hello,

That’s how cobra started my guy! Needed a more competitive bike that didn’t break....you’re appealing to a new electric market. You could be onto something here...
yak651 wrote:
Holy cow that's a big back sprocket!
That was an early development picture. We've tried several different combinations since. We're closer to a more conventional size right now, however, the taller gearing puts a larger load on the motor and range suffers. So, probably in between the "big dude" and the smallish 48 is the sweet spot.

The Shop

mark911
6/15/2020 1:03pm
mikec265 wrote:
You've got my interest with the mention of the KX65 and KTM kits. Do you guys have an idea of a price point yet for the...
You've got my interest with the mention of the KX65 and KTM kits. Do you guys have an idea of a price point yet for the kit?
We just bought another KX65 for $500 which would be a good ready to roll chassis, but I think the KTM like you used would be the better chassis.
Our intent is to make the kit very economical. The biggest cost driver is the battery pack which right now puts the kit in a price range we feel wouldn't be commercially viable. However, we are working on alternative chemistries to rectify that situation.

Another cost cutting initiative we're working on is to rely more on the buyers skills and time to fabricate and/or assemble certain items from provided parts/materials so we don't incur the labor cost.

The R&D process for any new chassis is quite expensive and time consuming, but if the initial offerings are successful we will expand the product line to include other frames such as the Kawasaki. Of course, if you want an electrice conversion and can't wait, I do custom conversion to your specifications.

Mark.

Post a reply to: Electric ktm mini?

The Latest