Electric Trials Bike... Flame away.

303MX
Short story, we moved and I no longer have a pump track or pit bike.

I kind of got use to the idea of not being able to rip around in my backyard anymore, but I saw a guy with an Oset 24.0 electric trials bike the other day. It was actually pretty impressive. I’d love an option that would allow me to ride without pissing off the neighbors or having the cops show up.

The guy I saw was having a blast in a neighborhood park and the bike he was on was almost silent. The suspension also seemed capable, and he was hitting some terrain features that would require more than just minimal performance from the fork and shock.

I couldn’t find too much on reviews for the Oset 24.0, but what I did see was mostly all positive.

Anyone have any insight into these? Also feel free to make any jokes about getting a trials bikes and going gay.
|
TeamGreen
12/14/2019 9:41am
Go ping Geoff Aaron on social media...he knows allll about them (well, his kids do...if I recall correctly).
1983YZ125
Fantasy
1406th
12/14/2019 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2019 12:43pm
My niece rides the smallest one they make. Very nice bikes for the price and a good first bike for her when she turned 3 a couple years ago. No issues out of it and my oldest nephew is on it now as well. They’re looking to add the next size up in the stable soon.

Last weekend at the trials event in Austin a guy was out on a 24. He had no problem getting around. Definitely doesn’t have the same size brakes, wheels, etc as my sherco but for what you are looking to do be perfect. I doubt I could outride one of those at my current riding level at any event I’ve been at.

Fair warning, trials is extremely addicting.
We had a small area to play at our last house and are now building a few sections at our new house. Our dirtbikes this last year sat more than the trials bikes. Just don’t buy the spandex riding gear and you’ll keep your masculinity lol

If you haven’t yet, check Facebook for a local trials group. May get lucky and find someone who has one that will let you ride it or at a minimum a group of people to ride with.
Unfortunately no great trials forums I’ve found, best by far is advrider and fb groups
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
12/14/2019 12:43pm
Thank for all the replies guys!

Anyone know if anybody has any more information?

Thanks in advance!

The Shop

oldblood
12/14/2019 3:59pm
kzizok wrote:
Thank for all the replies guys!

Anyone know if anybody has any more information?

Thanks in advance!

splain.
Bike Rat
12/14/2019 6:33pm
Check out the Sur Ron owners group on Facebook. Fun cheep electric bike that can be set up for trials
Bearuno
12/15/2019 4:40am
Trials is the section of Motorcycle Sport that E Tech is most suited to, currently.

There are some very trick E Trials bikes out there, the Yamaha posted above, the Gas Gas that beat it for the title the last 2 years(?) - I wonder what will happen with that with the KTGG set up?- that Mecatecno, and more. I stumbled upon another Chinese made full sized Trials bike owners video a while ago - I can't remember the brand name, but it came out well in the report.

Post a reply to: Electric Trials Bike... Flame away.

The Latest