El Hombre in Slow Mo

7I3N
I don't know what you call this, but it's bad ass!

|
kicker
8/23/2022 8:24pm
It’s like poetry in motion 😉 but yeah, love to see what these guys do so naturally while on the ragged edge

The Shop

8/24/2022 4:21am
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy hitting that?
Crush
8/24/2022 4:33am
Chase was doing some gnarly shit over that rise too.
SEE ARE125
8/24/2022 5:03am
I say we call it a power scrub. It’s like a powerslide/scrub combo.
GG121
8/24/2022 5:18am
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy...
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy hitting that?
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't see anything during the race. Was he doubling down the hill before the mechanics area?
snillum
Fantasy
325th
8/24/2022 5:29am
That's called "Another reason why the rest of us aren't pros"
Press516
Fantasy
90th
8/24/2022 5:55am
Poetry... He was on the gas.

Oh, and whoever down voted that has never ridden a dirtbike...
Holigan
8/24/2022 6:06am
If I did that it would be called "An out of control lucky save."
8/25/2022 1:05am
When he does it, it’s called “poetry in motion”
If I did it, it would be called “what happened right before I went to the hospital”
SEEMEFIRST
8/25/2022 6:00am
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy...
GG121 wrote:
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't...
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't see anything during the race. Was he doubling down the hill before the mechanics area?
I kept looking for it too.

Anyone have any insight?
AH387
8/25/2022 6:18am
Awesome. Crazy how controlled and deliberate that looked. Little stuff like that is just a reminder how good the top guys are.
Broseph
8/25/2022 9:24am
I remember my first time watching a pro rider. He was messing around on this little no-name track. I was standing on a 90 degree corner that had a small table right at the exit. He came into this corner perpendicular to the berm and carrying so much speed I thought I was witnessing a crash. At the last second he threw the bike sideways and just crushed that berm. This collision shed about 75% of his speed, leaving 25% to pop over the table and downside it perfectly. It was at that moment I realized I didn’t know how to ride a motorcycle.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
8/25/2022 10:09am
GG121 wrote:
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't...
SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Anyone have any insight?
There was a bump added to that inside leading to the table top before henry hill. He made it a double. It was fast too.
TalinH112
8/25/2022 10:20am
Press516 wrote:
Poetry... He was on the gas.

Oh, and whoever down voted that has never ridden a dirtbike...
Even worse they ride a quad!
GG121
8/25/2022 10:23am
Where on the track was this? Can’t place it.
I think this is Unadilla in the section immediately after gravity cavity
Not-a-Fan
8/25/2022 10:27am
Honestly, I've been straight dusted by a quad before. Some of those dudes are something serious too tbh
Hammer 663s
8/25/2022 10:36am
Broseph wrote:
I remember my first time watching a pro rider. He was messing around on this little no-name track. I was standing on a 90 degree corner...
I remember my first time watching a pro rider. He was messing around on this little no-name track. I was standing on a 90 degree corner that had a small table right at the exit. He came into this corner perpendicular to the berm and carrying so much speed I thought I was witnessing a crash. At the last second he threw the bike sideways and just crushed that berm. This collision shed about 75% of his speed, leaving 25% to pop over the table and downside it perfectly. It was at that moment I realized I didn’t know how to ride a motorcycle.
I had the good fortune a few years back to water Hangtown while Geico Honda was doing a suspension test day on their way back from the Seattle SX. Canard, Barcia, and Tomac were all doing sessions. Tomac was hitting the berm before the powerline triple so hard it was moving a foot every time he went thru. I could feel the ground shake 30 feet away. The speed, power, and control of the elite is so far above anything I can even dream of.
snillum
Fantasy
325th
8/25/2022 10:39am
GG121 wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Anyone have any insight?
I don't know which section it was, but it was a two lane, steep down hill section (almost a drop off) which had a left hand turn at the bottom. The inside line had a pretty large man made speed hump near the bottom. The outside did not have a bump. Most of the riders were rolling down the hill in the inside lane, hard on the brakes and then rolling over that speed hump. Jason just jumped from the top of the hill to the back side of the hump basically landing in the inside berm. I think it was during moto 2 that you could catch a glimpse of him jumping it.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
8/25/2022 11:00am
I will say that while Jason didn't quite have the overall consistent speed to compete with Chase and Eli for the title, he absolutely upped his outdoor race game and now is a threat to win each week. His comeback rides at Pala were impressive as hell and he's pretty much been the next best guy to the lead duo week in and week out.

Doesn't hurt that I'm a fan either. Wink

sandtrack315
8/25/2022 11:09am
Broseph wrote:
I remember my first time watching a pro rider. He was messing around on this little no-name track. I was standing on a 90 degree corner...
Yeah I pretty much gave up any hopes of making money racing the first time Josh Grant went by me at Glen Helen.
SGoodman
8/26/2022 7:03am
Dude is hauling for using the old riding style... gotta work twice as hard to go the same speed...

Post a reply to: El Hombre in Slow Mo

The Latest