El Hombre in Slow Mo

7I3N
Posts
1434
Joined
10/22/2009
Location
Moto Paradise, UT US
8/23/2022 8:18pm
I don't know what you call this, but it's bad ass!

2
|
Mucktub
Posts
628
Joined
1/31/2016
Location
GB
8/23/2022 8:23pm
It's amazing what we don't notice.
kicker
Posts
18
Joined
2/22/2022
Location
Emeryville, CA US
8/23/2022 8:24pm
It’s like poetry in motion 😉 but yeah, love to see what these guys do so naturally while on the ragged edge
2
8/23/2022 8:40pm
I saw that yesterday. Crazy how these guys just make a 450 their bitch.
2

The Shop

8/24/2022 4:21am
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy hitting that?
1
Crush
Posts
20197
Joined
4/26/2009
Location
Sydney AU
8/24/2022 4:33am
Chase was doing some gnarly shit over that rise too.
8/24/2022 4:46am
These kind of shots would be great in the broadcast.
6
2
SEE ARE125
Posts
5163
Joined
3/28/2012
Location
TN US
8/24/2022 5:03am
I say we call it a power scrub. It’s like a powerslide/scrub combo.
9
GG121
Posts
101
Joined
3/17/2022
Location
MD US
8/24/2022 5:18am
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy...
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy hitting that?
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't see anything during the race. Was he doubling down the hill before the mechanics area?
1
snillum
Posts
115
Joined
7/25/2017
Location
Greer, SC US
8/24/2022 5:29am
That's called "Another reason why the rest of us aren't pros"
Press516
Posts
2394
Joined
9/11/2018
Location
Gilbert, AZ US
8/24/2022 5:55am
Poetry... He was on the gas.

Oh, and whoever down voted that has never ridden a dirtbike...
2
Holigan
Posts
1329
Joined
6/18/2008
Location
Dallas, TX US
8/24/2022 6:06am
If I did that it would be called "An out of control lucky save."
8/25/2022 1:05am
When he does it, it’s called “poetry in motion”
If I did it, it would be called “what happened right before I went to the hospital”
SEEMEFIRST
Posts
8953
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX US
8/25/2022 6:00am
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy...
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy hitting that?
GG121 wrote:
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't...
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't see anything during the race. Was he doubling down the hill before the mechanics area?
I kept looking for it too.

Anyone have any insight?
AH387
Posts
1103
Joined
8/29/2019
Location
Bridgeville, PA US
8/25/2022 6:18am
Awesome. Crazy how controlled and deliberate that looked. Little stuff like that is just a reminder how good the top guys are.
1
sandtrack315
Posts
1892
Joined
7/19/2013
Location
Philadelphia, PA US
8/25/2022 8:55am
Where on the track was this? Can’t place it.
Broseph
Posts
831
Joined
4/28/2018
Location
Stevenson, WA US
8/25/2022 9:24am
I remember my first time watching a pro rider. He was messing around on this little no-name track. I was standing on a 90 degree corner that had a small table right at the exit. He came into this corner perpendicular to the berm and carrying so much speed I thought I was witnessing a crash. At the last second he threw the bike sideways and just crushed that berm. This collision shed about 75% of his speed, leaving 25% to pop over the table and downside it perfectly. It was at that moment I realized I didn’t know how to ride a motorcycle.
5

Pit Row

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
Markee
Posts
3424
Joined
4/15/2013
Location
Suffolk, VA US
8/25/2022 10:09am
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy...
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy hitting that?
GG121 wrote:
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't...
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't see anything during the race. Was he doubling down the hill before the mechanics area?
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I kept looking for it too.

Anyone have any insight?
There was a bump added to that inside leading to the table top before henry hill. He made it a double. It was fast too.
TalinH112
Posts
354
Joined
1/30/2022
Location
Belgrade, MT US
8/25/2022 10:20am
Press516 wrote:
Poetry... He was on the gas.

Oh, and whoever down voted that has never ridden a dirtbike...
Even worse they ride a quad!
2
GG121
Posts
101
Joined
3/17/2022
Location
MD US
8/25/2022 10:23am
Where on the track was this? Can’t place it.
I think this is Unadilla in the section immediately after gravity cavity
2
Not-a-Fan
Posts
138
Joined
7/27/2022
Location
UpMeOwnBum, CA US
8/25/2022 10:27am
Honestly, I've been straight dusted by a quad before. Some of those dudes are something serious too tbh
Hammer 663s
Posts
1904
Joined
6/2/2016
Location
Forest Grove, OR US
8/25/2022 10:36am
Broseph wrote:
I remember my first time watching a pro rider. He was messing around on this little no-name track. I was standing on a 90 degree corner...
I remember my first time watching a pro rider. He was messing around on this little no-name track. I was standing on a 90 degree corner that had a small table right at the exit. He came into this corner perpendicular to the berm and carrying so much speed I thought I was witnessing a crash. At the last second he threw the bike sideways and just crushed that berm. This collision shed about 75% of his speed, leaving 25% to pop over the table and downside it perfectly. It was at that moment I realized I didn’t know how to ride a motorcycle.
I had the good fortune a few years back to water Hangtown while Geico Honda was doing a suspension test day on their way back from the Seattle SX. Canard, Barcia, and Tomac were all doing sessions. Tomac was hitting the berm before the powerline triple so hard it was moving a foot every time he went thru. I could feel the ground shake 30 feet away. The speed, power, and control of the elite is so far above anything I can even dream of.
2
snillum
Posts
115
Joined
7/25/2017
Location
Greer, SC US
8/25/2022 10:39am
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy...
Can't wait to see some slo-mo of that double step down line he had over at the back at Budds Creek. Was he the only guy hitting that?
GG121 wrote:
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't...
Where was this double he was hitting? I've heard several people mention this but I can't figure out the placement on the track, and I didn't see anything during the race. Was he doubling down the hill before the mechanics area?
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I kept looking for it too.

Anyone have any insight?
I don't know which section it was, but it was a two lane, steep down hill section (almost a drop off) which had a left hand turn at the bottom. The inside line had a pretty large man made speed hump near the bottom. The outside did not have a bump. Most of the riders were rolling down the hill in the inside lane, hard on the brakes and then rolling over that speed hump. Jason just jumped from the top of the hill to the back side of the hump basically landing in the inside berm. I think it was during moto 2 that you could catch a glimpse of him jumping it.
Press516
Posts
2394
Joined
9/11/2018
Location
Gilbert, AZ US
8/25/2022 11:00am
I will say that while Jason didn't quite have the overall consistent speed to compete with Chase and Eli for the title, he absolutely upped his outdoor race game and now is a threat to win each week. His comeback rides at Pala were impressive as hell and he's pretty much been the next best guy to the lead duo week in and week out.

Doesn't hurt that I'm a fan either. Wink

3
sandtrack315
Posts
1892
Joined
7/19/2013
Location
Philadelphia, PA US
8/25/2022 11:09am
Broseph wrote:
I remember my first time watching a pro rider. He was messing around on this little no-name track. I was standing on a 90 degree corner...
I remember my first time watching a pro rider. He was messing around on this little no-name track. I was standing on a 90 degree corner that had a small table right at the exit. He came into this corner perpendicular to the berm and carrying so much speed I thought I was witnessing a crash. At the last second he threw the bike sideways and just crushed that berm. This collision shed about 75% of his speed, leaving 25% to pop over the table and downside it perfectly. It was at that moment I realized I didn’t know how to ride a motorcycle.
Yeah I pretty much gave up any hopes of making money racing the first time Josh Grant went by me at Glen Helen.
SGoodman
Posts
224
Joined
8/17/2022
Location
Aurora, CO US
8/26/2022 7:03am
Dude is hauling for using the old riding style... gotta work twice as hard to go the same speed...

Post a reply to: El Hombre in Slow Mo

The Latest

The Latest