El Chupacabra status?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2020 1:19 PM

Seems really weird for him to be selling his compound. Wonder what is in the works. Photo

|

7/24/2020 1:48 PM

I dont know... if he retires i'll miss him more than most of the other top guys.
I still remember his PC 250 days.

|

rarararaataatatatata

7/24/2020 1:53 PM

MZ193 wrote:

I dont know... if he retires i'll miss him more than most of the other top guys.

Those days are why he’s still my favorite rider! I wish he could of kept momentum going after beating tomac at thunder valley, I think it was 2017 maybe.

From what I understand he has functionally zero range of motion in his wrists. Hope he not looking at retirement.

|

7/24/2020 2:03 PM

MZ193 wrote:

nskerb wrote:

Those days are why he’s still my favorite rider! I wish he could of kept momentum going after beating tomac at thunder valley, I think it was 2017 maybe.

From what I understand he has functionally zero range of motion in his wrists. Hope he not looking at retirement.

He has a young baby, so my guess is he retires.
Shouldn't sell the property because in like 10 years he may need it for his son😏

|

rarararaataatatatata

7/24/2020 2:07 PM

Too bad. I thought he always seemed to imply that was his long term home even after racing.

|

7/24/2020 2:17 PM

I think it's a joke

|

7/24/2020 2:49 PM

Perhaps having big money tied up late in his career isnt worth it.. Sell, go back to a more affordable set up, invest the money in more sustainable means for the future of his family?

or lay it all on red and see what happens.

|

7/24/2020 3:19 PM

mh226 wrote:

Perhaps having big money tied up late in his career isnt worth it.. Sell, go back to a more affordable set up, invest the money in more sustainable means for the future of his family?

or lay it all on red and see what happens.

That would be the dumbest thing he could ever do. You always bet on black. grin

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/24/2020 3:33 PM

Market is hot and can probably get good ROI.

|

7/24/2020 5:47 PM

what ever he`s doing its not really working so a change could be a good thing for him

|

7/24/2020 5:56 PM

Weird. He talked about that place turning into a long term deal a lot.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

7/24/2020 6:20 PM

He knows what’s coming.

|

7/24/2020 6:26 PM

Could also be looking at using the Baker Factory instead to reduce overheads?

|

7/24/2020 6:41 PM

They had all the Baker guys at his places last week so I won’t be shocked if he joins Aldons program.

|

7/24/2020 6:45 PM

Aldon is pissed he lost his 1st SX title in like 75 years. He is now taking any and all KTM, Husky,GasGas, Husaberg, ATK riders under his wing. This includes Brake Brakett.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

7/24/2020 6:59 PM

BB4 has built up a solid resumé of “unintended self-destruction” this past year; Pala, Anaheim 2, and Daytona to name a few.

Would like to see him get that fixed and competing at a high level again.

|

7/25/2020 12:19 AM

Blake is one of the few guys that can wipe the field one moto and then get 10th in the next

Once he hurt his thumb, I feel like he was never quite the same..tough SOB tho-I remember him having to glue his hand to the grip to hang on!

|

7/25/2020 6:39 AM

He did all the SX rounds and was 12th in points. That property is a lot to maintain for that kind of result. He was a first time 450 SX winner last year. Not good to follow that up with a 12th in points the next year.

|

7/25/2020 7:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2020 7:03 AM

Gukamonster wrote:

He did all the SX rounds and was 12th in points. That property is a lot to maintain for that kind of result. He was a first time 450 SX winner last year. Not good to follow that up with a 12th in points the next year.

This post is umm.. yeah. You think getting 12th in points this season gives you a snapshot into his financials? C'mon man.

|

7/25/2020 7:18 AM

But he said how hard he worked on that...and he practically was living there with his whole fam...not that long ago..so..idk

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

7/25/2020 7:14 PM

Gukamonster wrote:

Jt$ wrote:

This post is umm.. yeah. You think getting 12th in points this season gives you a snapshot into his financials? C'mon man.

I would certainly defend your team and "imply" Gukamonster meant financial. Top notch industry post.

|

7/25/2020 7:53 PM

Gukamonster wrote:

I’m pretty sure performance out on the track and performance maintaining your facility are mutually exclusive

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

7/25/2020 10:38 PM

how much $$ could he realistically be earning from his current ride?

I do believe he comes from money so if his parents were supporting his 'facility' so to speak and things arent going well then that could be why

the economy is imploding as we speak..things are going to get very, very bad.

|

7/25/2020 10:50 PM

I thought he was in line to take over the family concrete business in the Riverside area when he retired from racing? I remember seeing videos too of his place in Florida where he basically said every cent he had went into his compound. He must have spent $20K on diesel just to build that friggin hill in the middle of the track. I think he and his family were maybe living in an RV inside the garage there, maybe they are over that kind of lifestyle? Anyway, would be sweet to to see him regain the form he had a couple of years ago, but I don't know if that is possible with his injuries...

|

7/25/2020 11:05 PM

vtec wrote:

how much $$ could he realistically be earning from his current ride?

I do believe he comes from money so if his parents were supporting his 'facility' so to speak and things arent going well then that could be why

the economy is imploding as we speak..things are going to get very, very bad.

About $35,874.32 which really equals about tree fiddy

|

7/25/2020 11:29 PM

Would be cool to hear that he's selling his ranch, packing up the family and chasing MXGP titles...but the reality is probably that his wife just wanted to live anywhere but there.

|

7/26/2020 3:38 AM

dirtworldmx wrote:

Would be cool to hear that he's selling his ranch, packing up the family and chasing MXGP titles...but the reality is probably that his wife just wanted to live anywhere but there.

I would happy doing a lot more than that to keep that particular wife happy haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

7/26/2020 4:03 AM

Gukamonster wrote:

Jt$ wrote:

No but it’s a fair assumption to say he probably wants to cut over heads..
Owning your own facility doesn’t seem a sure fire way to consistently run top 5. Having your own compound could be a thing of of the past? .
paying a fee to use a professionally run facility with soap dispensers and hand gel could be the future .. but hey I’m sure you know a hell of a lot more then me and the vast majority on this forum. regards

|

7/26/2020 6:54 AM

Takes a lot if time and money to upkeep a compound. As you get older those two things can start to become in short supply.

Made sense when he had the money and the speed. But father times waits for no one. Injuries, new guys moving up, age, etc.

Plenty of reasons to start limiting the cash going out the door in the twilight of your career.

|

7/26/2020 7:30 AM

Has Chad passed on his Florida setup?

|

If the glass is half full it's twice as big as it needs to be.