Efi remapping

Moto3731
Edited Date/Time 6/3/2015 8:50pm
Just curious what some of your experiences are with remapping, who did what and how your bike ended up. I have a new 450 factory edition and am curious of the gains plus throttle response. I am running straight VP t4 race gas and you can only get so far by playing around with the tps. The bike runs great but certain parts of the power and are still a tad lean.
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
6/2/2015 4:30pm
I have the FE 250 with full FMF and backfire screen removed with VP T4. I had Tokyo mods remap my ECU. It's runs smooth all over, no flame outs and starts right up every time.
MXD
6/2/2015 4:33pm
I have had great success with a Bazzaz control unit and O2 sensor. Basically, you screw in the O2, put the control unit into "learn mode" and go ride a 15-20 minute moto. The unit collects data as you ride and builds a map. When you're done with your moto you take the O2 sensor out and plug the bung and then apply the new map to the control unit. I use this system on my 2011 RMZ and it made a huge difference in performance. I run straight leaded 110 and it pulled out about 15-20% of the fuel almost across the board from the pump gas (stock) map that was in there. Huge improvement in throttle response and crispness off the bottom and through the middle. It was tough to tell the difference on top but I'm sure it cleaned it up.
TeamGreen
6/2/2015 4:39pm
Mapping and Testing on a Dyno, preferably in your locale, is the ONLY Way to Go...

Then you go out to a near-by track and test it for yourself.

But, I could be wrong.
yzrider53
6/2/2015 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2015 4:58pm
This is what I have done, so far with the TPS at .53 @2200. I still think I need a little more. This is for a screenless cage and stock exhaust. TeamGreen is 100% correct...

The Shop

Preston412
6/2/2015 5:32pm
Like team green said, best way to do it is on a dyno and then test the adjustments at the track. I have yet to have to change map settings once adjusted.
500guy
6/2/2015 6:13pm
All I know is be careful who you let do the maping, I heard some times when people sabotaged the bike on purpous and demand money to put it back right.

Some kind of Fonzie scheme.
KTMShane699
6/2/2015 6:20pm
After Glen Helen and their drama there, that's a company that won't ever see a penny of my hard earned money.

Any place that can't keep private matters (like money) private, well...

Shane
FB
6/3/2015 12:49am
FB wrote:
After Glen Helen and their drama there, that's a company that won't ever see a penny of my hard earned money. Any place that can't keep...
After Glen Helen and their drama there, that's a company that won't ever see a penny of my hard earned money.

Shane
What happened? I've only heard good things about them.
Moto3731
6/3/2015 2:48am
yzrider53 wrote:
This is what I have done, so far with the TPS at .53 @2200. I still think I need a little more. This is for a...
This is what I have done, so far with the TPS at .53 @2200. I still think I need a little more. This is for a screenless cage and stock exhaust. TeamGreen is 100% correct...

Hey question about the user setting program when you change a map on the stock ecu can you add a 4 the map and keep the stock maps? I wanted to keep the stock maps just because. I was also looking at the vortex ignition and heard there pretty nice but the only thing is is I love the new ktms launch control and want to leave it as is. I wonder how many maps you can put on the stock ecu I mean the dial goes to 9. Thanks guys!
pete24
6/3/2015 6:04am
FB wrote:
After Glen Helen and their drama there, that's a company that won't ever see a penny of my hard earned money. Any place that can't keep...

Shane
that guy has balls and stands up for what he thinks is rite, he went up in my respect scale, not down
Darryl916
6/3/2015 6:13am
FB wrote:

Shane
Details?
Moto3731
6/3/2015 4:04pm
I have the FE 250 with full FMF and backfire screen removed with VP T4. I had Tokyo mods remap my ECU. It's runs smooth all...
I have the FE 250 with full FMF and backfire screen removed with VP T4. I had Tokyo mods remap my ECU. It's runs smooth all over, no flame outs and starts right up every time.
Hey when you sent your ecu and had it remapped I wonder if you should put your tps back to the normal setting. When they map the ecu does it still benefit from richening the tpsNapier plan on sending mine out after my race this weekend.
KTMShane699
6/3/2015 4:19pm
pete24 wrote:
that guy has balls and stands up for what he thinks is rite, he went up in my respect scale, not down
Good for him for standing up for what he thought was right. And getting paid for work performed is right. But his execution and false pretenses in doing it were wrong. They mapper was hooked up under the pretense of fixing an issue. Only after they got to make changes under that premise did they say they made it so the bike wouldn't run right and why. That's also about as dishonest as it gets.

But this is a separate topic. Just saying I wouldn't give rocket a penny of my hard earned money after that stunt...and I even pay my bills.

Shane
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
6/3/2015 7:42pm
I have the FE 250 with full FMF and backfire screen removed with VP T4. I had Tokyo mods remap my ECU. It's runs smooth all...
Moto3731 wrote:
Hey when you sent your ecu and had it remapped I wonder if you should put your tps back to the normal setting. When they map...
Hey when you sent your ecu and had it remapped I wonder if you should put your tps back to the normal setting. When they map the ecu does it still benefit from richening the tpsNapier plan on sending mine out after my race this weekend.
Yeah I never changed the TPS, only did the ECU remap which I believe should take care of everything.... ?
Mallet
6/3/2015 7:54pm
Yeah I never changed the TPS, only did the ECU remap which I believe should take care of everything.... ?
The problem with changing the TPS is all the reports you're required to fill out.
T.Page
6/3/2015 8:08pm
pete24 wrote:
Good for him for standing up for what he thought was right. And getting paid for work performed is right. But his execution and false pretenses...
Good for him for standing up for what he thought was right. And getting paid for work performed is right. But his execution and false pretenses in doing it were wrong. They mapper was hooked up under the pretense of fixing an issue. Only after they got to make changes under that premise did they say they made it so the bike wouldn't run right and why. That's also about as dishonest as it gets.

But this is a separate topic. Just saying I wouldn't give rocket a penny of my hard earned money after that stunt...and I even pay my bills.

Shane
I don't have first hand knowledge of the situation, but Pete is right in my opinion. Fucking thieves, I guess he/they should have done nothing. It also seems private handling of the situation was not working. The thieves deserve public shame and a disabled bike. Also it appears the individual that altered the ecu was a sub contractor of rocket and owed money on the deal as well. They handled things just fine and I hope they get their money. O ya, fucking thieves suck.
jloucks742
6/3/2015 8:38pm
Mallet wrote:
The problem with changing the TPS is all the reports you're required to fill out.
end of thread
moto314
6/3/2015 8:50pm
I have the Vortex ignition which has several different maps you can change with just a screwdriver. I have 2 race maps, one with less engine braking, a map for the start, and even the stock map so I can compare back to back. Josh at Rocket did my maps on a dyno and it is a huge difference. I really like it with less engine braking, feels more like a 2 smoker coming into corners. On my last bike I used a piggy back system made by Dobeck and sold by everyone (mine was a Wiseco one) which was very easy to use. It made some difference but only did fuel without the software.

Post a reply to: Efi remapping

The Latest