East coast riding over Christmas/New Year break

4DAIVIPAI2K5
I took off a few days, December 28 - Jan 1 to take the boy riding down in the south east. We usually hit up East Bend and others in that area of North Carolina on weekend trips. Hoping to hit some other spots and with a wanting to ride Fri- Tues I figure we will have a problem finding tracks open on the week days. Does anyone have any input of places that maybe open?
|
Bry145
11/25/2018 11:29am
Club MX is a great place to go.

There are bike trails and fishing there as well.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
11/25/2018 11:32am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2018 11:42am
Bry145 wrote:

Is club open to the public?

We will have our MTB with us as he has found a love for it and rekindled my love for it. Planned on taking fishing poles with us even thought about a tent we really find our way south and into warm over night weather.

The Shop

Bry145
11/25/2018 1:45pm
Bry145 wrote:

Is club open to the public? We will have our MTB with us as he has found a love for it and rekindled my love for...
Is club open to the public?

We will have our MTB with us as he has found a love for it and rekindled my love for it. Planned on taking fishing poles with us even thought about a tent we really find our way south and into warm over night weather.
They have a practice facility and are on Instagram with updates: clubmxpracticefacility.

I camp there over winter but it can be brutally cold at night. I wouldn't recommend that for a kid. It sucks for adults, but I'm not paying for a hotel room.

They have a shower on site that is free to use.

Bojangles is down the street for some good vittles.

Kids can ride bikes around the complex and the neighboring streets to tire them out before bed.

Markee
Fantasy
1890th
11/25/2018 2:02pm
Club mx is awesome. The practice facility was open Thursday - Sunday.. but they moved it or totally re did it recently, thought I saw it's open fri-sunday now.

Is the sand loop open to the public?
honda907
11/25/2018 2:18pm
Markee wrote:
Club mx is awesome. The practice facility was open Thursday - Sunday.. but they moved it or totally re did it recently, thought I saw it's...
Club mx is awesome. The practice facility was open Thursday - Sunday.. but they moved it or totally re did it recently, thought I saw it's open fri-sunday now.

Is the sand loop open to the public?
No, the sand track in the back is not, although it might be open if they get a lot of rain since that place is a sponge.
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1724th
11/25/2018 3:30pm
Have a bud that goes south for spring break the last couple of years. Says Club MX and Durhamtown are both awesome.

I love me some Bojangles and Cook out. You southern guys have the best junk food.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
11/25/2018 3:40pm
Got a message from East bend, they plan on being open the 26th - 1st
billyp330
11/26/2018 8:06am
I thought I remember hearing good things about Durhamtown MX
I definitely recommend Durhamtown. They have several cool mx tracks and some fun trails. I am actually going there this upcoming weekend (Driving all day 12-1 riding 12-2 then driving back 12-3). My father, brother, and I have been there several times over the years (about 1-2 times a year for past 8 years) but still love going. They only prep their main track (Bomber Track), the rest are just refaced about every couple months, so they are hard pack and bumpy, but still fun to ride. Most of their tracks (believe they have 9 in total) have great flow and are fairly easy with nice safe but still decent sized jumps. The Bomber and Big Buck tracks have nice sized booters and are really fun long tracks. Also have a full blown AX style track and a mini straight rhythm. Most of the trails are one way and four wheeler trails so really easy, but they do have some more challenging bike only single track trails as well. Also have cabins available to rent at reasonable prices, however they are not luxurious by any means. Some "cabins" are actually just old campers retired from the road but they are decent and like i said, reasonably priced. They have tent/rv camping sites as well.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
11/26/2018 9:46am
Awesome thanks for the info. I really want to find some sand tracks. He has moved up from the 50jr to the 50sr and 65jr I don't know if he will make it to the regional, but if so I don't want his first time on sand to be at baja. lol
752dad
11/26/2018 10:29am
Awesome thanks for the info. I really want to find some sand tracks. He has moved up from the 50jr to the 50sr and 65jr I...
Awesome thanks for the info. I really want to find some sand tracks. He has moved up from the 50jr to the 50sr and 65jr I don't know if he will make it to the regional, but if so I don't want his first time on sand to be at baja. lol
I would recommend West Craven MX. Good sand track and great owner. He is very accommodating for out of towners schedules.
Baja is our home track, they are having the regional for amateur but not for the youth divisions.

KC
billyp330
11/26/2018 10:32am
Awesome thanks for the info. I really want to find some sand tracks. He has moved up from the 50jr to the 50sr and 65jr I...
The Mid-East regional for youth is Red Bud, not Baja. Both are in June so got plenty of time to hit either of those tracks in the spring.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
11/26/2018 6:22pm
Oops must have looked at it wrong, thanks for getting me straight.
Supermofoo
11/27/2018 12:43pm
Check out JWTF in Maysville NC. Just got back from there and it was awesome.
11/27/2018 12:50pm
If you're in the raleigh area on your way south or north, try out NCMP in Henderson, NC. It is an 8ncredibly nice facility that has usually been well maintained when I was there. The tracks are great & they have nice trails as well. I believe around 20 miles of trail riding. I have only ridden the tracks but they are really nice typically. Durham town is a nice, all in one facility but kind of hillbilly quad heaven & unprepped rock hard red clay that stains everything. At least the 2 times I was there. Lots of squids. Lol
4DAIVIPAI2K5
11/27/2018 1:15pm
Supermofoo wrote:
Check out JWTF in Maysville NC. Just got back from there and it was awesome.
Was just told about them, I'll check them out.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
11/27/2018 1:20pm
If you're in the raleigh area on your way south or north, try out NCMP in Henderson, NC. It is an 8ncredibly nice facility that has...
If you're in the raleigh area on your way south or north, try out NCMP in Henderson, NC. It is an 8ncredibly nice facility that has usually been well maintained when I was there. The tracks are great & they have nice trails as well. I believe around 20 miles of trail riding. I have only ridden the tracks but they are really nice typically. Durham town is a nice, all in one facility but kind of hillbilly quad heaven & unprepped rock hard red clay that stains everything. At least the 2 times I was there. Lots of squids. Lol
Good to know thanks!
EHink450
11/27/2018 10:33pm
Anyone riding the pits in central/south Jersey?

Post a reply to: East coast riding over Christmas/New Year break

The Latest