East Rutherford SX Bench Racing - Night Show

yak651
Fantasy
168th
4/30/2017 7:44am
Moens_Andy wrote:
So yo guys think i'm over reacting? I don't really give a damn! My honest opinion which you guys probably don't give a damn about both...
So yo guys think i'm over reacting? I don't really give a damn!
My honest opinion which you guys probably don't give a damn about both either way here it is.
This sport is and always has been a sport where every rider races for himself, there has been no team tactics involved for the majority except to let Brock by.
I have always showed respect for Dungey and how he rides and carries himself and i completely agree that Tomac effed this race up on his own. However this title is not thanks to Dungey's outright skills or performance he's been handed 6 points due to team tactics.
That picture perfect humble dude we once knew, is turned into a winey little bitch that cant stand up for himself nor can he fight his own battles. Don't get me wrong here I have a tremendous respect for the things he has done in the sport and his ability to be so efficient on a bike but this is a bridge to far for my personal liking. Why? Because i want to see honest clean and fair fights.
'll conclude with this.
I've never been a huge fan of putting an asterisk besides any Title but if he wins this one next week there should definitely be one.
Yep you really are over reacting...
cameron96
4/30/2017 7:52am
TbonesPop wrote:
There's a saying (and it's not mine and i know we've all heard it many times before). You win your championships on your bad days. Do...
There's a saying (and it's not mine and i know we've all heard it many times before). You win your championships on your bad days. Do a compare and contrast this season of Dungeys bad days versus Eli's. Enough said IMO.
Dunge is the King of damage control, Worst case, he's last off the start and gets a 4th
4/30/2017 8:06am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2017 8:20am
moto111 wrote:
As a fan of supercross, I am bummed that KTM have stolen, what could have been the most spectacular Las Vegas final showdown in recent history...
As a fan of supercross, I am bummed that KTM have stolen, what could have been the most spectacular Las Vegas final showdown in recent history, from me.
If the championship was decided with a win, I'd agree. But even without the 3 points that where given to him Dungey doesn't need a win. Blame Tomac instead.
4/30/2017 8:58am
As long as there are teams and teammates in the sport, you will never see completely impartial racing throughout a season. The lesser of two teammates will always make things easier for the guy who can still win the title. This starts earlier in the year very subtly, and increases more and more as the points gap widens (beyond being realistically assailable) and the dominant teammate is firmly established. The only exception to this is when teammates positively hate each other and there's a ton of bad blood. But even then most riders, at a critical moment, will put the team first and foremost above their own personal grudge. It's been that way since the sport (indeed most Motorsports) took shape. Expecting anything different this year or anything different in the future etc, is naive in the extreme. Honestly, as with Dungey probably becoming the first rider in history to be blamed for the actions of a lapper purposely trying to hold him up and ruin his race - so we see the same sort of mental gymnastics all over again. Swap Tomac for Dungey and I'd be willing to bet that half of these threads/complaints would've never come into being.

The Shop

Ebs
4/30/2017 2:52pm
marx41 wrote:
If Tomac wins Dungey would have to get >= 5th, if he gets 2nd Dungey would have to finish >= 8th, 3rd would be >= 10th...
If Tomac wins Dungey would have to get >= 5th, if he gets 2nd Dungey would have to finish >= 8th, 3rd would be >= 10th, 4th >= 12th, 5th >= 14th, and 6th or worse he needs Dungey to be 9 spots behind him.
Thanks for the run-down on the numbers.

Keep in mind Marvin would likely be one of the guys between Tomac and Dungy in those scenarios, now that its Team KTM for the championship.

Post a reply to: East Rutherford SX Bench Racing - Night Show

The Latest