Easiest way to remove shock 21 crf450

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2021 11:59 AM

any tricks or the usual. Thanks

|

1/20/2021 2:33 PM

I ended up just pulling the whole subframe.

|

1/20/2021 2:42 PM

mxrider118 wrote:

any tricks or the usual. Thanks

The usual, use some tools. 😉😂🤙

|

1/20/2021 2:57 PM

I was able to get it out by removing all 4 subframe bolts, the ecu plastic cover and carefully pulling it out the right side while holding up on the subframe. It’s tight with the battery and all the electrical wiring. Alcohol and patience also helps

|

1/20/2021 3:47 PM

I changed my spring without taking the shock out. Removed the linkage, lift the swingarm a bit and it comes right out the bottom. I didn’t want to remove everything just to change the spring.

|

1/20/2021 3:53 PM

Greenguy wrote:

I changed my spring without taking the shock out. Removed the linkage, lift the swingarm a bit and it comes right out the bottom. I didn’t want to remove everything just to change the spring.

Why didn't I think of that.. 🤦

|

1/21/2021 11:05 AM

mxvet90 wrote:

I was able to get it out by removing all 4 subframe bolts, the ecu plastic cover and carefully pulling it out the right side while holding up on the subframe. It’s tight with the battery and all the electrical wiring. Alcohol and patience also helps

On my 20 KTM factory edition, I was able to remove muffler, swingarm bolt and linkage. Got the wife to hold them while I slid shock out. Would that work

|