Earned my respect! Team USA!!!!

Patrick461
Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 1:05pm
I lost respect for Anderson over the years for his well earned dirty riding reputation, I didn’t like Zacho when he destroyed Savatchy in Vegas, Motocross is dangerous enough without blatant take out moves. And I was on the fence as a Cooper fan BUT man oh man do I RESPECT the hell out of these guys who manned up and answered the call. I am now a fan of all three of these guys who were at least man enough to go race dirt bikes for our national pride!As a former service member, like all the men and women have ,( who singed the blank check for up to my limbs and or life) I bleed red white and blue. You would think no one would refuse the honor of racing for the Des Nations Team. Yes I’m old. It’s still the Des Nations to me!
I will not respect the selfish whiney babies who decline to race for team America. I’m too busy blah blah blah. That line is blown out of the water by Zach’s Anderson and Cooper they found the time. I know the Euros do everything they can to tilt the scales in their favor but dammit give em hell boys! France is out. Tommy Searal (sp) is out for the Brits. We really only need to worry about the Freaky Deaky Dutch Where can I donate to the team?
|
H4L
9/7/2019 5:08am
I’m not a fan of any of the 3 riders representing the USA either for some of the reasons you mentioned, but will be rooting for the B team.
TymeMoto
9/7/2019 5:18am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2019 5:19am
Searle
PastranaWho
9/7/2019 5:39am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2019 5:40am

Thats what its all about, kudos to anderson,osborne and cooper for representing.
YZ324
9/7/2019 5:41am
I like these guys because they all will lay it ALL on the line and send it when needed. Our team this year is not the "B" team in my book. Given a good start they can all run up front and that's what it takes in this event. If all 3 riders can run top 5 we should have a shot. You never know with sand tracks though, anything can and will happen. Give em hell boys!!! ***USA***

The Shop

49weasel
9/7/2019 5:44am
B Team ? Get fucked.
This is the strongest team we’ve had in years.
YZ324
9/7/2019 5:55am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/09/07/371470/s1200_2010_MXoN_Team_USA_Rich_2_960px.jpg[/img] Thats what its all about, kudos to anderson,osborne and cooper for representing.

Thats what its all about, kudos to anderson,osborne and cooper for representing.
I was there and what a baddass weekend!!! Great experience!
agn5009
9/7/2019 5:57am
How do you not respect any of these guys qualifying for mains?
St Ann More
9/7/2019 6:06am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2019 6:06am
Assen can't be appetising for any AMA based rider.

I've gone from respecting these three, to being a fan. They stepped up!
Racer111
9/7/2019 6:56am
To not respect these 3 would be assenine!

See what I did there?
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
9/7/2019 7:06am
Anderson showed up big time last time he raced des nations and went way beyond what anyone expected him to do, and he would have led us to victory if he didn't get landed on. Cooper gets good starts and can run the pace of any 250 rider in the world, maybe not in sand, but he'll do well enough. Osborne has a lot of experience in sand and won't have that 'American disadvantage' that people like to say. It's between us and Netherlands in my opinion, and it comes down to Coldenhoff and Vlaanderen showing up for not.
aroark247
9/7/2019 7:18am
Anderson showed up big time last time he raced des nations and went way beyond what anyone expected him to do, and he would have led...
Anderson showed up big time last time he raced des nations and went way beyond what anyone expected him to do, and he would have led us to victory if he didn't get landed on. Cooper gets good starts and can run the pace of any 250 rider in the world, maybe not in sand, but he'll do well enough. Osborne has a lot of experience in sand and won't have that 'American disadvantage' that people like to say. It's between us and Netherlands in my opinion, and it comes down to Coldenhoff and Vlaanderen showing up for not.
Isn’t Vlaanderen South African?
Steve 396
9/7/2019 7:22am
Patrick461 wrote:
I lost respect for Anderson over the years for his well earned dirty riding reputation, I didn’t like Zacho when he destroyed Savatchy in Vegas, Motocross...
I lost respect for Anderson over the years for his well earned dirty riding reputation, I didn’t like Zacho when he destroyed Savatchy in Vegas, Motocross is dangerous enough without blatant take out moves. And I was on the fence as a Cooper fan BUT man oh man do I RESPECT the hell out of these guys who manned up and answered the call. I am now a fan of all three of these guys who were at least man enough to go race dirt bikes for our national pride!As a former service member, like all the men and women have ,( who singed the blank check for up to my limbs and or life) I bleed red white and blue. You would think no one would refuse the honor of racing for the Des Nations Team. Yes I’m old. It’s still the Des Nations to me!
I will not respect the selfish whiney babies who decline to race for team America. I’m too busy blah blah blah. That line is blown out of the water by Zach’s Anderson and Cooper they found the time. I know the Euros do everything they can to tilt the scales in their favor but dammit give em hell boys! France is out. Tommy Searal (sp) is out for the Brits. We really only need to worry about the Freaky Deaky Dutch Where can I donate to the team?
Agree with most of this...... I browse this almost everyday and reading all the excuses, reasons why and such is ridiculous. When your country calls you answer. Shame on Kawasaki for not allowing their riders to race. Shame on all those that put money ahead of representing your country. We have become a greedy, money hungry, what do i get out of it nation. Its not just SX / MX, its in all parts of our society. Sad......

Soap box off now.......

Huge thanks to Zach, Jason, and Cooper for representing our Red, White, and Blue. We support and appreciate your efforts, win or lose.... GO TEAM USA!!!

P.S. Thumbs down all you want, IDC......
Fourth_Floor
9/7/2019 7:23am
49weasel wrote:
B Team ? Get fucked.
Agreed. Not sure why I keep seeing all this "B" team shit on here. I like Anderson and Osborne's chances in a one off race way more than Eli's. All 3 of these guys are going to bring it and leave nothing on the table.

Eli is awesome, clearly, but the shit he talked after last years MXoN, saying things like "that race added a few years onto my career" etc. left me with the impression that it would've been him heading overseas a month early to prepare for this race. The motivation isn't there with that guy so I have zero percent interest in seeing him on the team. This is our "A" team.
GaryC1
9/7/2019 7:27am
aroark247 wrote:
Isn’t Vlaanderen South African?
If I remember correctly he has dual citizenship and always considered himself to be South African but the federation took some sort of issue with him running their flag without getting their consent first so he basically said screw you and now considers himself a Dutch
KX500
9/7/2019 7:35am
I would say Thanks to all who served this country in the Military.

But I'm pretty sure there was never an expectation that they do it for free or give back earned vacation time.

Isn't this kind of what we ask of riders who do the MXON?

If a rider tells me that he needs a month off, to get away from racing & recharge the batteries for next year, who am I to say he doesn't? I've certainly never been in the position to know what it takes to compete in MX/SX at the highest levels. There could be a little stress involved in competing for & winning championships.

I do respect the team that is going, but I'm not mad at the guys who aren't going, but maybe could have.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
9/7/2019 7:42am
It's cool that they stepped up , but this Race has run its course imo , and something new should be created to replace it.
Huevos
9/7/2019 7:58am
Tarz483 wrote:
It's cool that they stepped up , but this Race has run its course imo , and something new should be created to replace it.
If Team USA hadn't been losing the last 6-7 years in a row I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune.
kpiper
9/7/2019 8:02am
I agree that probably Eli would not have been the best choice since I suspect he does not want to go again.

Having three guys who really want to go AND are super fast is huge. Cooper can win the 250 race or for sure top three.

JA and ZO can win their classes as well with a little luck. They will both be in great shape AND both those guys will be willing to bang bars with Herlings if they get the chance. They won't be afraid of him one bit IMO.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
9/7/2019 8:12am
49weasel wrote:
B Team ? Get fucked.
Agreed. Not sure why I keep seeing all this "B" team shit on here. I like Anderson and Osborne's chances in a one off race way...
Agreed. Not sure why I keep seeing all this "B" team shit on here. I like Anderson and Osborne's chances in a one off race way more than Eli's. All 3 of these guys are going to bring it and leave nothing on the table.

Eli is awesome, clearly, but the shit he talked after last years MXoN, saying things like "that race added a few years onto my career" etc. left me with the impression that it would've been him heading overseas a month early to prepare for this race. The motivation isn't there with that guy so I have zero percent interest in seeing him on the team. This is our "A" team.
People are calling it a B team because this board is 80% blind Tomac fans. It’s hilarious how biased they are.

This team is so solid. They’re headstrong and will do anything to get it done.
Forty
9/7/2019 8:14am
We’re gonna win. U.S.A!
mxb2
9/7/2019 8:25am
49weasel wrote:
B Team ? Get fucked.
Agreed. Not sure why I keep seeing all this "B" team shit on here. I like Anderson and Osborne's chances in a one off race way...

People are calling it a B team because this board is 80% blind Tomac fans. It’s hilarious how biased they are. This team is so solid...
People are calling it a B team because this board is 80% blind Tomac fans. It’s hilarious how biased they are.

Its a great team,. Not really a b team. That being said , tomac is the best sand rider in the usa and the best outdoor rider in the usa. 3 titles in a row prove it.
aeffertz
9/7/2019 8:40am
People are calling it a B team because this board is 80% blind Tomac fans. It’s hilarious how biased they are. This team is so solid...

Of course it’s a solid team, no one is arguing that. B team isn’t some derogatory term, it’s just stating the team isn’t as good as it could be. Simply put, If AC and Tomac could go, everybody would pick them since they are the best in their class right now. Just look at the results from this year of the guys going for us... I’m cheering for our guys, obviously, but it would be a better team if AC and Tomac were on it. If you are saying Zacho and Anderson are both better than Tomac, then I don’t know why to tell you.

This isn’t discrediting Zach, Jason, or Justin, they are all fast guys and get my respect for choosing to go race. I don’t see why you can’t see that.
APLMAN99
9/7/2019 8:47am
Patrick461 wrote:
I lost respect for Anderson over the years for his well earned dirty riding reputation, I didn’t like Zacho when he destroyed Savatchy in Vegas, Motocross...
While I respect your service, comparing this race to that is not even apples to oranges. It's apples to hamburger.

The race is now a huge payday for Luongo & Co., and they leverage "patriotism" to try to multiply that payout. The French issue with the Red Bull hat costing the rider his position while the Monster hat with 2 green claws was allowed did away with any pretense of this race now being anything more than that.

Tomac has rode the MXoN in the past and given it his best.

Do you not respect service members who do their agreed to enlistments and then discharge? Or do you only respect those that continue to reenlist even though they've already served? That's how ridiculous this "respect" criteria of yours is.......
Nighttrain
9/7/2019 9:04am
APLMAN99 wrote:
While I respect your service, comparing this race to that is not even apples to oranges. It's apples to hamburger. The race is now a huge...
While I respect your service, comparing this race to that is not even apples to oranges. It's apples to hamburger.

The race is now a huge payday for Luongo & Co., and they leverage "patriotism" to try to multiply that payout. The French issue with the Red Bull hat costing the rider his position while the Monster hat with 2 green claws was allowed did away with any pretense of this race now being anything more than that.

Do you not respect service members who do their agreed to enlistments and then discharge? Or do you only respect those that continue to reenlist even though they've already served? That's how ridiculous this "respect" criteria of yours is.......
That’s a really good summary, Aplman99.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
9/7/2019 9:09am
Not sure how anyone can lose respect for a rider for doing everything they can to win a title. Its life altering stuff getting that win and if you have to plow some poor sucker out of the way to get there any one of us is going to. The only time I don't like it is if youre racing backwards, blocking the rider behind you or cutting in front of them, especially in the air.
Patrick461
9/7/2019 9:32am
Patrick461 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
While I respect your service, comparing this race to that is not even apples to oranges. It's apples to hamburger. The race is now a huge...

Hang on there bud. You miss under stood, I don’t respect dirty riding, and “what’s that going to get me ? attitudes. In that order. No you don’t have to re enlist. Once is enough, and you don’t have to be in the military for me to respect you. Hard working decent God fearing and enough decency to not blast profanity laced “music” in the pits or spill it out of your mouth in front of women and children. You know just decent people. Apparently they are becoming rare these days.
kpiper
9/7/2019 9:53am
aeffertz wrote:
Of course it’s a solid team, no one is arguing that. B team isn’t some derogatory term, it’s just stating the team isn’t as good as...
Of course it’s a solid team, no one is arguing that. B team isn’t some derogatory term, it’s just stating the team isn’t as good as it could be. Simply put, If AC and Tomac could go, everybody would pick them since they are the best in their class right now. Just look at the results from this year of the guys going for us... I’m cheering for our guys, obviously, but it would be a better team if AC and Tomac were on it. If you are saying Zacho and Anderson are both better than Tomac, then I don’t know why to tell you.

This isn’t discrediting Zach, Jason, or Justin, they are all fast guys and get my respect for choosing to go race. I don’t see why you can’t see that.
Eli is my favorite rider but if he had no burning desire to go chances are good he would not have ridden as well as a motivated JA or ZO.

And actually this year he did not seem to be as comfortable in the sand for some reason as prior years. Southwick is a good example.

I think JA and Zacko are going to let it all hang out. Crash or win. They both are on a mission to prove something. That fact should worry the Euro's.

I would love seeing the two of them sandwich Mr. Herlings! Smile
Phantom 661
9/7/2019 9:58am
The way I remember it, savatgy flamed out while Zach went into full on never say die mode. We all know what happened. Yes, savatgy got destroyed and it wasn't pretty for him but damn... I was proud of Zach over that mission. I'd like to see that same spirit in all three of our guys at MXON this year.

Post a reply to: Earned my respect! Team USA!!!!

The Latest