Early Speculation (KTM)

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2017 11:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2017 11:23 AM

Who is going to land in Dungey's old position as a teammate to moose-can?
KTM is a powerhouse.

So hypothetically, fellow vitards. Who would you choose?

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

5/30/2017 11:27 AM

As roger said, nobody because no free riders can podium.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

5/30/2017 11:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2017 11:47 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

Sad but true

I'd like to see how Bogle does with an opportunity over there nevertheless

Anderson, too but I think he's got a year with husky left

|

5/30/2017 11:44 AM

heard some rumblings on one of the Matthes pods about Webb to KTM not being out of the question down the road..

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

5/30/2017 11:47 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

w00t grin grin devil whistling whistling

pretty much explains my reaction to that lol, that is what makes this open spot so interesting to me.
|

5/30/2017 11:48 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

heard some rumblings on one of the Matthes pods about Webb to KTM not being out of the question down the road..

That might be a dangerous combo, if they can get him off the yamaha

|

5/30/2017 11:51 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Webb under Aldon and DeCoster... woah...

|

5/30/2017 12:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2017 12:07 PM

Webb is the only one in the 450 class with potential to win in the future(elite level rider). How many years is left on the Yamaha deal? I don't see anyone on the TLD KTM team that can be better than Marvin or a future 450 title contender. There are in my opinion 4 elite level riders in US. Roczen, Tomac, Marvin and Anderson. Webb could and should become one someday.

Marvin will be the number 1 guy on KTM for multiple years unless they sign Webb and he fulfills his potential. There are a few riders in 250s that could become a new Anderson or Marvin(Forkner, AC).

But i'm 99,9% sure that KTM has had their post-Dungey plan somewhat figured out for years already. Who knows what it is. One thing is certain, they will have a rider that can win titles for them.

|

5/30/2017 12:42 PM

So now that DW15 has another full year with Husky, and with RD5's retirement creating an "open space" at the Baker Factory, is DW15 now on the full program? And if so, does he stay on it for 2018?

|

5/30/2017 12:52 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

MX Guy wrote:

Webb under Aldon and DeCoster... woah...

Hell yeah

|

pbody wrote:

So now that DW15 has another full year with Husky, and with RD5's retirement creating an "open space" at the Baker Factory, is DW15 now on the full program? And if so, does he stay on it for 2018?

If I was Wilson I wouldn't change a thing until 2018 prep starts. From A1 until now, he has done more than we have seen in a lot of years.

Barca to ktm? Flip a coin and see which guy shows up to the track on Saturday.

What about Cannard?

|

So are you guys saying it's the bike then?

|

5/30/2017 2:10 PM

Just Stew

|

5/30/2017 2:13 PM

How much do the baker factory guys pay for the program?

|

5/30/2017 2:16 PM

109 wrote:

Just Stew

Factory ktm or Roger d, won't touch any Stewart. They want sx and mx riders.

|

5/30/2017 2:18 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

Who is going to land in Dungey's old position as a teammate to moose-can?
KTM is a powerhouse.

So hypothetically, fellow vitards. Who would you choose?

Perfect title to a thread followed by a proper question! Good job man! wink

|

5/30/2017 2:21 PM

Musquin as the number 1 rider
Canard/Barcia as the second riders. Both have potential to show race winning speed, and both pretty cheap I would imagine.

|

Current: 2010 TM 250MX
Previous: 2012 KX450f, 2009 K8 RM250, 2012 RMZ250, 2008 YZ125

5/30/2017 2:25 PM

109 wrote:

Just Stew

mxb2 wrote:

Like Trey Canard

|

5/30/2017 2:26 PM

109 wrote:

Just Stew

mxb2 wrote:

109 wrote:

Like Trey Canard

Yep,top 5 guy when healthy. No baggage or drama.

|

5/30/2017 2:30 PM

Unless Roger has another Dungey sitting in the wings, the only guy that remotely seems interesting is Webb. That's only because I have no idea when his Yamaha deal ends. Somebody will rise into the top tier, but I'll be damned if I know who that will be right now. My crystal ball is foggy.

|

5/30/2017 2:31 PM

Jmart

|

5/30/2017 2:41 PM

I have no clue about who, good question, but i would love to see the 250 riders from TLD ktm and Rockstar husky, who have let us say more than 2 full seasons in 250, making the opposite coast on the 450. Much more exposure for actually not such a big difference budget wise, a good indication on how the riders could transition (I think Osborne would have made at least a podium like Canards "rookie" fill in season, but who else?), and more experience/credibility to make a good transition/land a good ride.

|

5/30/2017 2:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2017 3:42 PM

Jeffrey Herlings is just out of the question for the US? Shame for us.
Coldenhoff is 26. Are any MXGP guys a possibility?

Love to see Tickle get a shot . Or Christian Craig

|

5/30/2017 2:55 PM

Ferrandis, ktm usa two french guy team.
Get ferrandis on aldon program.

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

5/30/2017 2:56 PM

Stoneface wrote:

Prado,lawrence have said they wont to come to usa...

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

5/30/2017 3:13 PM

Stoneface wrote:

struth wrote:

Prado,lawrence have said they wont to come to usa...

Prado and Lawrence are 16 and 17 I think. Not much older. If they can stay injury free, you would think they would be attractive prospects over here in the US. Ferrandis is sure making good.

I would think KTM would want to hang on to Prado. Seems like a crowd pleaser.

|

5/30/2017 3:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2017 3:45 PM

I think hill is looking for a ride on 450, his second go around with mitch proved he has his head on strait and his championship in supercross proved he has the speed. Not to mention his 450 riding on the ktm at monster cup was about the best I've seen out of a young rookie and his best ride on a ktm the entire time he spent there. Did osborne say he wanted a 450 deal in 18? Pretty sure he's going to be defending his lites plate but could be a possibility... Anderson proved he deserved that ride in Vegas for 18 but in order for him to move over some big changes would have to transpire, Roger leads the 450 guys and has been steering away from having a 250 guy, maybe in the future Rockstar husky becomes the new 250 team for the ktm husky program and Anderson moves. Don't see that happening with Wilson having his deal in 18 but I would assume that's the direction the big company will go for future program. Webb would be a great racer for the spot if he wasn't so independent, can't mold him like decoster and aldon want for that next big guy. I think hill would be easier to adapt to that program but not perfect like they want. Osborne is that guy. It's a loop between those guys. no one else I can think of for the spot. I think we could see 18 being a MM effort, that second guy may not be there till 19...

|

5/30/2017 3:46 PM

nascarnate326 wrote:

So are you guys saying it's the bike then?

lol !!!

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

5/30/2017 3:47 PM

Jeff alessi wrote:

I think hill is looking for a ride on 450, his second go around with mitch proved he has his head on strait and his championship in supercross proved he has the speed. Not to mention his 450 riding on the ktm at monster cup was about the best I've seen out of a young rookie and his best ride on a ktm the entire time he spent there. Did osborne say he wanted a 450 deal in 18? Pretty sure he's going to be defending his lites plate but could be a possibility... Anderson proved he deserved that ride in Vegas for 18 but in order for him to move over some big changes would have to transpire, Roger leads the 450 guys and has been steering away from having a 250 guy, maybe in the future Rockstar husky becomes the new 250 team for the ktm husky program and Anderson moves. Don't see that happening with Wilson having his deal in 18 but I would assume that's the direction the big company will go for future program. Webb would be a great racer for the spot if he wasn't so independent, can't mold him like decoster and aldon want for that next big guy. I think hill would be easier to adapt to that program but not perfect like they want. Osborne is that guy. It's a loop between those guys. no one else I can think of for the spot. I think we could see 18 being a MM effort, that second guy may not be there till 19...

A lot of sense there Jeff...

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

5/30/2017 4:04 PM

thorns wrote:

Musquin as the number 1 rider
Canard/Barcia as the second riders. Both have potential to show race winning speed, and both pretty cheap I would imagine.

Barcia ??? are you on drugs??

If i was Roger D i would be beating a path to Star Yamaha to see what Plessinger is going to cost . The guy has been stand out good , and his results are only what they are because he cant get the bike off the gate because he is a huge dude.. he was still in the hunt for the championship until he made a mistake, and he will rip on a 450.

Canard is made of chalk, Barcia is the guy who left factory Honda , and has been in a downward spiral, apart from odd flashes, ever since. Unless he podiums A LOT , i dont see him anywhere other than JGR .

If you cant get Plessinger , Ciancirulo is the only other guy id wager on to go 'full career ' mode.. Hill looks weak outdoors, Savatgy is .. well Savatgy , Osborne is already under the KTM 'wing' and Anderson will go career with Rockstar Husky.

That leaves the Yellow guys... Bisceglia, Peick, Tickle and Bogle , all have potential, i think Suzuki would be daft to let Tickle and Bogle go, and Peick is solid for a lot less money than Barcia. Bisceglia is still an unknown, but i dont see anyone else worth that ride just yet.

|