Early 2018 Silly Season

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2017 3:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 5:53 PM

I've got a couple key topics:
1) Will Dungey retire? If so, who fills his spot?
2) Eli's contract is up, do y'all think he stays with Kawasaki where he is comfortable, or look for more money?
3) Also, I've heard rumor of Tim Gajser coming over to America next year, what are the odds that it happens?
4) Which 250 riders move up next year, and where do you see them going?
5) Will we see James call it quits before next year?

|

Instagram: @marshallneilson
Twitter: @mneilson25
YouTube: mn25

4/3/2017 4:04 PM

Yes, Chad Reed

|

4/3/2017 4:06 PM

Haha too much current drama to start thinking about next year already. And there about 8,689 other threads talking about Dungey's potential retirement.

|

4/3/2017 4:11 PM

MN25 wrote:

2) Eli's contract is up, do y'all think he ...more

Dungey has already said he was going to retire. Don't ask me where the interview is, go look for it. He stated that his wife wanted him to retire so they could start a family and he stated that since he had 1 year left on his contract, he didn't want to let Decoster down so he was going to finish his contract out

Personnally, I think he finds an excuse to not do the out door series and retires early. Just my opinion

|

4/3/2017 4:15 PM

cappelmans wrote:

Yes, Chad Reed

He filled the wide spot this past weekend !!!

|

4/3/2017 4:15 PM

Yes. Musquin. Who takes Musquin's spot?

|

4/3/2017 4:17 PM

MN25 wrote:

With Marv starting to come on strong, do they need to replace Dungey with anyone?

|

Current: 2010 TM 250MX
Previous: 2012 KX450f, 2009 K8 RM250, 2012 RMZ250, 2008 YZ125

4/3/2017 4:27 PM

MN25 wrote:

thorns wrote:

With Marv starting to come on strong, do they need to replace Dungey with anyone?

And Marvin was MUCH faster than him in St Louis.....MUCH!!!!

|

4/3/2017 4:29 PM

MotoX85 wrote:

Dungey has already said he was going to retire. Don't ask me where the interview is, go look for it. He stated that his wife ...more

No, he hasn't stated he would retire in an interview yet. Just as he stated the other night he could after this season but will make his decision before Las Vegas. He can retire after this outdoor season or take on a one year extension to compete in 2018. It has not been decided upon between him and KTM yet, they're giving him the time to think about it and haven't locked in a "replacement".

|

4/3/2017 4:34 PM

I spent some time with his driver at a recent super cross and he said better get out as much as possible to watch him this year cause there won't be a next .......

|

4/3/2017 4:36 PM

MN25 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

Dungey has already said he was going to retire. Don't ask me where the interview is, go look for it. He stated that his wife ...more

ML512 wrote:

No, he hasn't stated he would retire in an interview yet. Just as he stated the other night he could after this season but ...more

And the only thing he said about it before this past weekend was that he would decide during the summer. I imagine he moved that date up to Vegas so that the team can have ample time to find somebody else, should Ryan decide to call it quits.

|

4/3/2017 4:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 4:38 PM

MotoX85 wrote:

Because of people like you is that stupid rumors Get created

|

Damn!

4/3/2017 4:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 4:44 PM

MN25 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

No, he hasn't stated he would retire in an interview yet. Just as he stated the other night he could after this season but ...more

Yes he has, now you are gonna make me go find it.

His almost exact words what I typed. His wife Lindsey wants to start a family so she wanted him to retire. But he had a year left on his contract and didn't want to let Decoster down so he agreed to finish his contract.

Sorry if this ruins your plans for a big suspense thread but he has already stated this on camera.

|

4/3/2017 4:43 PM

MN25 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

ab wrote:

Because of people like you is that stupid rumors Get created

OK

|

4/3/2017 4:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 4:51 PM

MotoX85 wrote:

His almost exact words what I typed. His wife Lindsey wants to start a ...more

I know what you're saying about his wife and the family, and him commenting about finishing up his contract. But, he has yet to say he's retiring at the end of 2017. If he had, you'd see all of us media groups talking about it being done every week. We're not and speculating about next year because he hasn't said he will retire at the end of this contract (2017). I'll gladly bet on it.

I've talked to multiple members of the team, asked Ryan, his brothers, etc...about the situation, nothing is finalized, no one has been signed to take his place as he may race another season. But, my personal opinion leans towards him retiring.

|

4/3/2017 5:10 PM

ML512 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I know what you're saying about his wife and the family, and him commenting about finishing up his contract. But, he has yet ...more

Ok, yes. Recently he has not stated for sure he is retiring. And yes he has not "officially" not signed a contract with KTM.

But last year he stated in an interview that he was going to retire last year but said he wanted to finish out his contract out of respect for Decoster. So I am only taking Dungey to his word and "assume" he means to do what he has said he was going to do. IF you guys want to spin that in whatever direction you would like, knock yourself out. Where I come from, people usually do what they say they are going to do and when he puts it like that, with his wife and family plans, I take that as serious.

Now can you tell forum member "ab" that it is not a stupid rumor (actually I'm just teasing, I don't care what newby thinks)

|

4/3/2017 5:14 PM

ML512 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I know what you're saying about his wife and the family, and him commenting about finishing up his contract. But, he has yet ...more

I didn't read the last line of your first paragraph, and since I "have friends too". I will gladly bet you a soda that he retires at the end of the year. (this is my standard bet since I work to hard for my money)

I will also go out on a limb (hears the stupid rumor I'm starting ab) that says he finds a reason, injury, illness, whatever that says he does not finish the MX series and will bet you another soda on that. ala Villapoto. (although I think RVs reason was legit).

|

4/3/2017 5:20 PM

MotoX85 wrote:

I didn't read the last line of your first paragraph, and since I "have friends too". I will gladly bet you a soda that he ...more

I like this bet... Dr. Pepper is my drink of choice... But sadly, I did agree that he will retire at the end of this year. So we're on the same side of that bet...but fuck it, I like bets, so I'll go against my opinion and bet he stays next year. Just because I like the chance of winning something.

I will gladly take you on the bet for the outdoor series too.

|

4/3/2017 5:30 PM

He said he'd make a decision by Vegas, but if you listened to his tone during the cutaway interview before the St. Louis main, it sure sounds to me like he's already decided.

|

4/3/2017 5:33 PM

Thinking he should retire this week, and buy Eli a gold watch.

|

4/3/2017 5:40 PM

Eli's contract is up, do y'all think he stays with Kawasaki where he is comfortable, or look for more money? Also, I've heard rumor of Tim Gajser coming over to America next year, what are the odds that it happens?

|

Instagram: @marshallneilson
Twitter: @mneilson25
YouTube: mn25

4/3/2017 5:46 PM

ML512 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

I didn't read the last line of your first paragraph, and since I "have friends too". I will gladly bet you a soda that he ...more

ML512 wrote:

I like this bet... Dr. Pepper is my drink of choice... But sadly, I did agree that he will retire at the end of this year. So ...more

Sounds good, Pepsi for me

|

4/3/2017 5:51 PM

It's crazy that at this time last year, the Dung was so into the sport still, wanted to grow it, and race forever. This year on the other hand, he is totally over it, or at least it seems with his interviews. Even early in the year when he had a massive points lead, he was over it. Eriely reminiscent of RV his last supercross season. The work and risk these guys put in is absolutely crazy!

|

4/3/2017 5:59 PM

Eli doesn't gel with the Kawasaki so I wouldn't look for him to stay after his contract is up.

Not my comment but some vitard after round 3

|

4/3/2017 6:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 6:10 PM

Kawasaki - Eli's contract up - likely to renew...not sure if they will keep Grant, maybe target Seely
Honda - already have Roczen locked in, Gajser joining? Seely contract up? Will Honda want to keep him? Jeremy Martin on a 450 but under Geico tent, could Seely also go under Geico tent?
Suzuki - Roster unlikely to change unless they manage to get Eli or Seely if Barcia's contract is not renewed?
KTM - be interesting to see if Dungey does indeed retire as speculated in this thread, if he does who do they target...Eli? Seely? ...likely Seely? I doubt they would want Barcia is he doesnt stay at JGR
Yamaha - unlikely to change
Husky - does Osbourne join the Rockstar 450 team?

Biggest movers likely to be Seely and Barcia as my guess. I dont think Dungey will retire in 2018. an Eli unlikely to leave Kawasaki.

Lots of unknowns and speculation....

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

4/3/2017 6:44 PM

ML512 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I like this bet... Dr. Pepper is my drink of choice... But sadly, I did agree that he will retire at the end of this year. So ...more

Shit is getting real around here.

|

4/3/2017 6:56 PM

I would say if Tomac going back to Kawi is about 90% done, I have no inside info but he's never been this good in his career so I can't see him leaving. I also think Dungey retires at the end of the year, just because of the way he's been acting and he's had an amazing career and has won pretty much everything.

I love to see Tim Gajser go to America, I think if he's expressed interest in doing it and he wins the MXGP title again I say he goes to America.

|

4/3/2017 6:58 PM

MN25 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

This is strictly opinion: I am betting retirement. Dunge has nothing more to prove and a bad ass on a dirt bike.

|

bd

4/3/2017 7:01 PM

By the way ML512, awesome job on PulpMX. I would love to read a thread/test on A Kit, B Kit, Semi Works forks (Showa, KYB, WP).

|

bd

4/3/2017 7:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 7:22 PM

MN25 wrote:

Eli's contract is up, do y'all think he stays with Kawasaki where he is comfortable, or look for more money? Also, I've heard ...more

Eli stays with Kawasaki - they are gelling and on fire.
Gajser comes to US on HRC (he will race for the 450MX title). Like Tomac post injury year, it will be a year before we see 100% Roczen.

|

bd