ET3 on BB's Comments...

davistld01
Tomac has always been fairly quiet...but I'm surprised that he's not had one word to say in response to the quip Blake Baggett made about his father after the last race. I have no idea what brought that on, or what it was referring to...but bringing a parent into the shit talking is usually a no-no.

I'm wondering if we'll hear anything from Tomac today...
|
Forty
6/17/2017 7:56am
You will. " I'd like to thank my sponsors".
ATKpilot99
6/17/2017 7:58am
I don't think what he said was a personal attack on Eli's dad. Wasn't it something to the effect that he didn't need a dad who was a champion to motivate him or something like that ? It wasn't a big deal imo.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
6/17/2017 7:59am
Unprovoked comments deserve no response. Tomac seems to be more of an action than words guy, good or bad.
HenryA
6/17/2017 8:01am
Eli has already won the "beef" by not taking that stinking bait Bagget put out.

The Shop

davistld01
6/17/2017 8:01am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I don't think what he said was a personal attack on Eli's dad. Wasn't it something to the effect that he didn't need a dad who...
I don't think what he said was a personal attack on Eli's dad. Wasn't it something to the effect that he didn't need a dad who was a champion to motivate him or something like that ? It wasn't a big deal imo.
Never said that it was an attack...but just that it brought a parent into the situation, and that's usually frowned on. Nobody mentions Tony Alessi when they criticize Mike, and nobody says anything about anybody else's folks.
sickboy3636
6/17/2017 8:10am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I don't think what he said was a personal attack on Eli's dad. Wasn't it something to the effect that he didn't need a dad who...
It wasn't a "big deal", but it was a clear shot at ET and there really was no reason for it. He also felt the need to throw a rock in another pond with the Aldon Baker comments. I've liked Baggett over the years, but you better put your money where your mouth is. And there's no logical reason to keep lining up enemies for the hell of it.
trevor310mx
Fantasy
3272nd
6/17/2017 8:13am
Give it another 2 hours, I feel like ET3 is going to a have a 30 minute +2 response.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/17/2017 8:17am
I think this Baggett comment thing is getting way overblown. He never actually mentioned Eli or his dad, it was just inferred that he wasn't "Racing someone's dad" (which yes we all know it was directed at Eli - who is ahead of him in points right now and was a favorite to win the series). He also took a subtle swipe comment at Musquin via talking about Baker. I didn't take it as a slam toward either rider, but more about talking about the top 2 riders in points and likely the biggest threats for the championship who are ahead of him right now. Maybe I'm just not a drama queen, but I didn't think the comments were all that much of an issue.
Crush
6/17/2017 8:20am
TbonesPop wrote:
I think this Baggett comment thing is getting way overblown. He never actually mentioned Eli or his dad, it was just inferred that he wasn't "Racing...
I think this Baggett comment thing is getting way overblown. He never actually mentioned Eli or his dad, it was just inferred that he wasn't "Racing someone's dad" (which yes we all know it was directed at Eli - who is ahead of him in points right now and was a favorite to win the series). He also took a subtle swipe comment at Musquin via talking about Baker. I didn't take it as a slam toward either rider, but more about talking about the top 2 riders in points and likely the biggest threats for the championship who are ahead of him right now. Maybe I'm just not a drama queen, but I didn't think the comments were all that much of an issue.
I've listened to it three times and I think it was a direct shot at Eli because of an inferred rep... "Dad's gnarly"

And at Baker directly, Blake used to train with him.
cason402
6/17/2017 8:21am
you do know these young men, have known each other since they were kids don't you?

the context, that moto fans listen to this stuff in, is so detached from the small community of top riders and their history.

of course it makes for long ridiculous argument, no matter how far from reality it goes.
MXMattii
6/17/2017 8:45am
Indeed it isn't only at Jon Tomac but also to Aldon Baker the trainer from the KTM/Husqvarna family. Very smart if you are riding a semi-factory KTM WoohooShocked
gnarwhip
6/17/2017 8:50am
MXMattii wrote:
Indeed it isn't only at Jon Tomac but also to Aldon Baker the trainer from the KTM/Husqvarna family. Very smart if you are riding a semi-factory...
Indeed it isn't only at Jon Tomac but also to Aldon Baker the trainer from the KTM/Husqvarna family. Very smart if you are riding a semi-factory KTM WoohooShocked
It's full factory. Same parts as Marv.
JRT812
6/17/2017 8:53am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2017 8:54am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Never said that it was an attack...but just that it brought a parent into the situation, and that's usually frowned on. Nobody mentions Tony Alessi when...
Never said that it was an attack...but just that it brought a parent into the situation, and that's usually frowned on. Nobody mentions Tony Alessi when they criticize Mike, and nobody says anything about anybody else's folks.
Actually a lot of people bring pappa Alessi up when referring to Mike's career
kage173
6/17/2017 9:10am
davistld01 wrote:
Tomac has always been fairly quiet...but I'm surprised that he's not had one word to say in response to the quip Blake Baggett made about his...
Tomac has always been fairly quiet...but I'm surprised that he's not had one word to say in response to the quip Blake Baggett made about his father after the last race. I have no idea what brought that on, or what it was referring to...but bringing a parent into the shit talking is usually a no-no.

I think this has gotten overblown, even by Matthes. There was a pre-season show where Matthes said that BB, MM and JA were all good and would win, but ET had it. Then he went on to say why he thought that and he started saying that Eli has the momentum, his Dad is a mountain bike champion, and his training program is above and beyond. He kept going on about Tomacs dad. Maybe it was Weege or JT, but I think it was Matthes.

As soon as I hear BB start on about it, I knew he was talking about that and that was the reason he was bringing it up. It was more about Matthes being an idiot by focusing on ET's dad than it was about talking shit about ET and John Tomac.

In fact, if you listen back, somebody on the show even says that BB was mad at Matthes so they picked up on that. I was surprised that Matthes didn't figure it out and took it as BB just coming hard at ET.

At least that's the way I took it.
6/17/2017 9:13am
davistld01 wrote:
Tomac has always been fairly quiet...but I'm surprised that he's not had one word to say in response to the quip Blake Baggett made about his...

Some of you whiners really like to make something outta nothing! Get a life man!
Lester
6/17/2017 9:32am
davistld01 wrote:

Tomac isn't going to waste his time with a has been who has only won one outdoor 450 race.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/17/2017 9:41am
He didn't slam his dad just stated he's sick of hearing it. He's correct, it has nothing to do with who's on the race track.
THEOUTSIDER
6/17/2017 9:41am
Bagget sometimes speaks out of pure emotion when in the moment. He has done that in the past when he and Deano used to battle hard in the 250's. I don't fault him for it. We all think stuff like that too. He just lets it out.

6/17/2017 9:47am
On the one hand I understand where BB4 is coming from, he is a former national champion who used to school ET and probably feels like he has been written off somewhat by the media and the industry. I also understand former clients of Baker having beef with him. What I dont understand is taking a shot, even indirectly, at John Tomac, a gracious, level headed, absolutely ZERO drama guy but just happens to be a dude of epic gnarlyness. You can choose your trainer/coach but you cant choose your Dad and its not ETs fault he Dad is a bad ass. You can make good arguments for and against Baker's program, but it is not metaphysically possible to argue against John Tomac's level of gnar.

I have always been a BB4 fan, and I still am, but I think he is better off letting his riding do the talking.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
6/17/2017 10:00am
Just wait til he goes 1-1 and Georgia puts the mic in front of him
dmoore611
6/17/2017 10:05am
Some sandy vaginas in here. Isn't trash talk part of sports in general? Shoot my wife does it on Thursdays when we play coed softball.
6/17/2017 10:09am
I'm totally cool with trash talking other riders, IMO not enough of that is done today, but why go after a guys Dad unless he went after you? I dont get it, thats all.
6/17/2017 10:11am
dmoore611 wrote:
Some sandy vaginas in here. Isn't trash talk part of sports in general? Shoot my wife does it on Thursdays when we play coed softball.
Yeah but generally you don't come out guns blazing nearly throwing everyone under the bus that you can after one win.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
6/17/2017 10:28am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2017 10:30am
dmoore611 wrote:
Yeah but generally you don't come out guns blazing nearly throwing everyone under the bus that you can after one win.
Blake Bagget isn't a general dude. Goes to show what kind of animal comes out with a touch of confidence will do to a racer.

Have you ever been around any 65 or 85 D class racers? They jump there first double and they are winning Loretta B class this fall, you better watch out.
USMCMXer
6/17/2017 10:51am
Lester wrote:
Tomac isn't going to waste his time with a has been who has only won one outdoor 450 race.
Hahahahahaha
JRT812
6/17/2017 10:55am
Lester wrote:
USMCMXer wrote:
Hahahahahaha
Looks on par to win another
malachi177
6/17/2017 10:58am
davistld01 wrote:

Lester wrote:
Waste his time...lmao Tomac has the same amount of big bike titles as Blake. Give me a break. Blake is funny as hell and genuine. Eli is arrogant and obnoxious. Baggett is no stranger to waxing Tomac outdoors in the 250 class. It will be friggin awesome to see it happen again and have Eli knocked off his high horse.
6/17/2017 10:59am
Looks like Blake is the only one wanting this title. Everyone else looks like they took the summer off.
6/17/2017 11:00am
Looks like Blake is the only one wanting this title. Everyone else looks like they took the summer off.
Haha very true!
davistld01
6/17/2017 11:00am
imoto34 wrote:
Blake Bagget isn't a general dude. Goes to show what kind of animal comes out with a touch of confidence will do to a racer. Have...
Blake Bagget isn't a general dude. Goes to show what kind of animal comes out with a touch of confidence will do to a racer.

Have you ever been around any 65 or 85 D class racers? They jump there first double and they are winning Loretta B class this fall, you better watch out.
Haha!!! That second paragraph tho...

Funny stuff. Kids are awesome! Laughing

Post a reply to: ET3 on BB's Comments...

The Latest