ET3 defending his MX title in 2018

Question
5/9/2018 4:13pm

Tomac: the favorite, plus he is a good starter now. If he keeps it on 2 wheels he should wrap it up 1 race early. (prediction: 5 wins)

Musquin; made a lot of progress over the last 12 months, will be in the hunt but he will need to capitalize on holeshots when Eli doesn't, if he hopes to challenge for the title. (prediction: 3 wins)

Roczen: mad first laps, can run ET3's amazing speed I think, but with his previous injuries, I would be surprised if he goes for a 3rd outdoor title this year. I think he will try to stay top3-top5 to possibly make a charge in the 2nd part of the championship when everybody also starts to be really tired from a long season and count points. (prediction: 3 wins)

Anderson: will be in the hunt too but will also regroup from a mentally heavy season. (prediction: 1 win)

Baggett: will have great weekends, but it is sad to see his wrist injury is not helping him to show his full potential. (prediction: 2 moto wins)

Barcia: will be fast too and will have some good week ends too with a few podiums. (prediction: 1 moto win)

Peick: always there near the front, possibly 1 or 2 podiums.

I just hope everyone stay healthy to see some good battles !
BobbyM
5/9/2018 6:02pm
Anderson will step it up and win the whole enchilada.
5/9/2018 9:33pm
Question wrote:
Tomac: the favorite, plus he is a good starter now. If he keeps it on 2 wheels he should wrap it up 1 race early. (prediction...

Tomac: the favorite, plus he is a good starter now. If he keeps it on 2 wheels he should wrap it up 1 race early. (prediction: 5 wins)

Musquin; made a lot of progress over the last 12 months, will be in the hunt but he will need to capitalize on holeshots when Eli doesn't, if he hopes to challenge for the title. (prediction: 3 wins)

Roczen: mad first laps, can run ET3's amazing speed I think, but with his previous injuries, I would be surprised if he goes for a 3rd outdoor title this year. I think he will try to stay top3-top5 to possibly make a charge in the 2nd part of the championship when everybody also starts to be really tired from a long season and count points. (prediction: 3 wins)

Anderson: will be in the hunt too but will also regroup from a mentally heavy season. (prediction: 1 win)

Baggett: will have great weekends, but it is sad to see his wrist injury is not helping him to show his full potential. (prediction: 2 moto wins)

Barcia: will be fast too and will have some good week ends too with a few podiums. (prediction: 1 moto win)

Peick: always there near the front, possibly 1 or 2 podiums.

I just hope everyone stay healthy to see some good battles !
One thing to note with Tomac's starts is in SX they have been using the metal grates for the starts, outdoors will be on dirt which he is historically not so good. Honestly if Roczen can be close to the level he was at in 2016 I believe he will be champion, but that's a big if.
drt410
5/10/2018 6:10pm
I dont see Baggett winning this. This injury has been nagging him for years and he was being bothered by it more and more at the end of the sx season if you watch the post race interviews. He only has 1 week off before mx thats not enough time. I honestly dont know what his options are at this point. Its basically as “repaired“ as its going to get yet still not anywhere close to 100% and progressively gets worse as the seasons drag on. I wish there was something he could do but I think he said it has a plate and screws and damage that means its basically as good as its going to get. That must suck being in severe pain every time you race.

The Shop

hamncheeze
5/10/2018 6:33pm
I don't see Roczen being anywhere near 100% for the first half of the season. He's barely back on the bike. I'm sure he'll win some motos and overalls but they'll be in the back half of the season.

Tomac is the favourite, but not overwhelmingly. The only thing is that he's been riding outdoors more this year compared to 2017 where he was fighting for the SX title. I think he'll have his setup nailed down better this year.

Musquin will be very good, not so much in California but he has his tracks like High Point and Washougal where he's ripping fast. His consistency will be difficult for Tomac to match.

Baggett will be fast, no doubt. I just can't see him getting through the season at 100% health though. His wrist is already jacked up, he said as much in the Vegas press conference. Props to him for racing through it, but it is a limiter.

Anderson will be solid, but a tick off Tomac and Musquin. He's won a moto here and there, but never really performed at the top top level outdoors.

Barcia is the "sleeper". If he gets going like he did in 2015 on the Yamaha he could be a problem for Tomac and Musquin.

The real outsider is Deano. He's a former champ on the 250 and a badass outdoors. Not sure how his thumb is going to be after he hurt it in SLC.

Post a reply to: ET3 defending his MX title in 2018

The Latest