ET3 and the red plate

Has Tomac ever held the red plate in supercross for more than one round? Not hoping to start a debate about "what's wrong with him", I'm just curious.
|
2/10/2019 7:10am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 7:11am
Sort of. He's never had sole possession of the red plate for more than a round but in 2017 Dungey and him shared it at SLC and then he had it at the next round in NJ where he obviously threw it away.
walent215
2/10/2019 7:26am
I think Tomac is very comfortable in his position right now. Hes a couple points out with alot of racing left. In the Dirt shark interview he touched on how he used to get too excited trying to get up front really quick. I believe hes managing this cship very well right now ,however , hes got a few others doing the same....lol. So far it's making great racing for all of us. When it's time for Tomac to get his money I believe he will. Cant wait to see what happens in Vegas!!
2/10/2019 7:34am
Horrible start didn’t help anything last night. Track sucked imo. Very one lined and everybody was doing the same rhythm combos and the single line through the whoops. First lap timing & scoring showed Eli in 16th. Finished 6th (with help from baggets crash) which I thought was pretty good considering the track. Had he of gotten a better start I believe he would still have the red plate

The Shop

2/10/2019 8:03am
Sort of. He's never had sole possession of the red plate for more than a round but in 2017 Dungey and him shared it at SLC...
Sort of. He's never had sole possession of the red plate for more than a round but in 2017 Dungey and him shared it at SLC and then he had it at the next round in NJ where he obviously threw it away.
Thanks man
yeroc281
2/10/2019 8:12am
Horrible start didn’t help anything last night. Track sucked imo. Very one lined and everybody was doing the same rhythm combos and the single line through...
Horrible start didn’t help anything last night. Track sucked imo. Very one lined and everybody was doing the same rhythm combos and the single line through the whoops. First lap timing & scoring showed Eli in 16th. Finished 6th (with help from baggets crash) which I thought was pretty good considering the track. Had he of gotten a better start I believe he would still have the red plate
Me and a buddy were watching the race thinking "man this track is one lined and cookie cutter". Then it dawned on me that the promoters/track builders probably want a basic layout for the first round of the East Coast. Maybe to save some CarnageNot sure if it's true but just a thought.
2/10/2019 8:14am
Horrible start didn’t help anything last night. Track sucked imo. Very one lined and everybody was doing the same rhythm combos and the single line through...
yeroc281 wrote:
Me and a buddy were watching the race thinking "man this track is one lined and cookie cutter". Then it dawned on me that the promoters/track...
Me and a buddy were watching the race thinking "man this track is one lined and cookie cutter". Then it dawned on me that the promoters/track builders probably want a basic layout for the first round of the East Coast. Maybe to save some CarnageNot sure if it's true but just a thought.
Kinda what I was thinking also. Except the carnage part. That 250 lcq was nuts lol
slipdog
2/10/2019 8:21am
Eli is probably just happy his front brake hasn't locked up on him yet.
mauidex
2/10/2019 8:28am
slipdog wrote:
Eli is probably just happy his front brake hasn't locked up on him yet.
or his pants fall down!!GrinningGrinning
Press516
Fantasy
126th
2/10/2019 8:38am
Yep, that was a points preservation ride... He is going to need to get better on his starts, it's a lingering problem. The field is too deep for even midpack to the front rides these days.
Motofinne
2/10/2019 8:46am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 8:47am
He rode good, he was matching his laptimes to the top riders times. Bad start and 6th was all he could do. Marvin started 10th and 3rd was all he could do. Yesterdays race was all about getting the track position and minimizing the mistakes.

I do wonder about Tomacs starts. He was the best starter of 2018, where are the good starts that he had all season long in 2018?
VasageXx
2/10/2019 8:57am
I don’t think it’s a big deal to him atm, yeah the start was shitty but he did come up quite a bit on a tough track, especially to pass on, I think he salvaged the best he could. Marv had the same issues with the start but was able to come up but had Blake not gone down he might have just taken 4th cause Blake looked really good yet again and no one hardly talks about him.
biscuit11
2/10/2019 9:20am
Through 6 rounds Jason and Justin have already taken themselves out of the fight. A few weeks from now we will be talking about 1 or 2 of the top 4 currently and how they took themselves out of contention. By week 12-14 if we need to start seeing beast mode, then we will see beast mode. Its easier later in the year to salvage a good run off a bad start after the field thins out a bit more. By that time he will know who he is battling for the championship. Part of me still doesnt think Webb will be in the hunt come round 15.
biscuit11
2/10/2019 9:23am
He had the red plate in Salt Lake and had one of his memorable rides even with the extra weight of the plate.
robkinuk
2/10/2019 3:54pm
Eli being Eli.........?.. up and down more times than a bride's nightie on her honeymoon!??
liver
2/10/2019 4:15pm
Bad start, one lined track....
Mit12
2/10/2019 4:46pm
With how good Joey is riding, If Tomac does not win the SX championship this year Kawasaki will let him go and keep Joey and Adam. Shades of Stewart and Villopoto.
2/10/2019 5:04pm
Right now if I were Eli, I’d put the red plate out of my mind and focus on beating Webb since momentum is quickly swinging Webb’s way.
2/10/2019 5:06pm
Out of all the red plate holders this season, plus Marv, I think Eli will be more likely to give up the most points in a bad race.
2/10/2019 5:26pm
Mit12 wrote:
With how good Joey is riding, If Tomac does not win the SX championship this year Kawasaki will let him go and keep Joey and Adam...
With how good Joey is riding, If Tomac does not win the SX championship this year Kawasaki will let him go and keep Joey and Adam. Shades of Stewart and Villopoto.
Did Kawi let Stewart go or did Stewart leave Kawi? I tend to think it's more of the latter. Also AC nor Savatgy are on the level Villopoto was when he moved up.
2/10/2019 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2019 3:00am
Motofinne wrote:
He rode good, he was matching his laptimes to the top riders times. Bad start and 6th was all he could do. Marvin started 10th and...
He rode good, he was matching his laptimes to the top riders times. Bad start and 6th was all he could do. Marvin started 10th and 3rd was all he could do. Yesterdays race was all about getting the track position and minimizing the mistakes.

I do wonder about Tomacs starts. He was the best starter of 2018, where are the good starts that he had all season long in 2018?
?
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
2/10/2019 5:53pm
Motofinne wrote:
He rode good, he was matching his laptimes to the top riders times. Bad start and 6th was all he could do. Marvin started 10th and...

I’ve wondered if his inconsistent starts this season are related to the new hydraulic clutch on the Kawis
2/10/2019 5:59pm
His results are directly inversely reflective of my fantasy picks. So I’ll let you know where I put him later this week.

If I put him in my top he doesn’t come close. If I don’t put him in the top 5 he wins.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
2/10/2019 6:03pm
His results are directly inversely reflective of my fantasy picks. So I’ll let you know where I put him later this week. If I put him...
His results are directly inversely reflective of my fantasy picks. So I’ll let you know where I put him later this week.

If I put him in my top he doesn’t come close. If I don’t put him in the top 5 he wins.
Mannn, I felt the same way...took him out of the top spot in San Diego and the dude shows up and waxes everyone! Pinch
PRM31
2/10/2019 6:09pm
Doesn’t ride month prior to series, riding a new bike, and now he’s in about as good of shape point wise as he’s ever been. He’s fine.
He could stand work on starts. Like all week...
Gandorlf
2/10/2019 6:45pm
Mit12 wrote:
With how good Joey is riding, If Tomac does not win the SX championship this year Kawasaki will let him go and keep Joey and Adam...
Unlikely, pretty sure he signed a 3 year extension in 2018 (possibly 2017) he will more than likely end his career on a Kawi. You seriously think they would ditch Tomac instead of Savatgy? Wondering what your thoughts process there is?
nick610s
2/10/2019 7:47pm
I think we are going to see Tomac and roczen peaking here pretty soon and start to wax everyone, those two are going to be the guys for the title. They are both playing the dungey game. 6th is Tomac worst so far this year. I think Webb is peaking now and will start to show it here soon. Marvin actually passed some people through the whoops though so there is that. Great season so far!
Kkawi
2/10/2019 8:18pm
Mit12 wrote:
Gandorlf wrote:
Unlikely, pretty sure he signed a 3 year extension in 2018 (possibly 2017) he will more than likely end his career on a Kawi. You seriously...
Unlikely, pretty sure he signed a 3 year extension in 2018 (possibly 2017) he will more than likely end his career on a Kawi. You seriously think they would ditch Tomac instead of Savatgy? Wondering what your thoughts process there is?
I can't believe you would think they would let Eli go. He just won the 2018 Motocross championship...
trav389
2/10/2019 8:20pm
Mit12 wrote:
Gandorlf wrote:
Unlikely, pretty sure he signed a 3 year extension in 2018 (possibly 2017) he will more than likely end his career on a Kawi. You seriously...
I assumed he was trolling
2/10/2019 11:47pm
walent215 wrote:
I think Tomac is very comfortable in his position right now. Hes a couple points out with alot of racing left. In the Dirt shark interview...
I think Tomac is very comfortable in his position right now. Hes a couple points out with alot of racing left. In the Dirt shark interview he touched on how he used to get too excited trying to get up front really quick. I believe hes managing this cship very well right now ,however , hes got a few others doing the same....lol. So far it's making great racing for all of us. When it's time for Tomac to get his money I believe he will. Cant wait to see what happens in Vegas!!
I agree with you. He is being smart but so is everyone else.
The main issue with Eli is that he can’t execute consistent good starts. (Whilst the rest seem to be able to). He needs to get top 5 starts every time.
Whoever wins this championship is going to need a run of wins soon.
Who will be the first to throw away a race like Bagget did? I could see Cooper making a mistake. Ken and Marv will be solid all the way through.

Post a reply to: ET3 and the red plate

The Latest