ET3, KR, WEBB, or BAM BAM??

Shaned9326
5/26/2020 7:40pm
RandyS wrote:
The first race is going to erase Tomacs altitude advantage, the Florida guys have been running in the heat for weeks if not months, it's going...
The first race is going to erase Tomacs altitude advantage, the Florida guys have been running in the heat for weeks if not months, it's going to be low 90s at race time. Someone needs to pounce big while they have the advantage. Of course the odds of 1 or 2 of them not making it to the end are pretty high. I say Webb shocks the SX world again.
Heat doesn’t compare to altitude training as just look at the nationals when tomac races the east coast like buds creek in august in 90 degree heat and walks the Florida boys time and time again as seen it many times as they hit the walk and he gets stronger at the end of every moto!!
McG194
5/27/2020 6:58am
McG194 wrote:
You are totally missing the point. Sunday won't tell us much at all. It is 7 races in 3 weeks. This is something that has never...
You are totally missing the point. Sunday won't tell us much at all. It is 7 races in 3 weeks. This is something that has never happened before in the sport, my money is on the guy who shows himself to be mentally strongest. Of the bunch Cooper is the only one that has stood up to the pressure of a SX season.
Shaned9326 wrote:
Tomac has won three strait 450 national championships in a row and will smoke them again this summer so I think he can handle pressure pretty...
Tomac has won three strait 450 national championships in a row and will smoke them again this summer so I think he can handle pressure pretty damn good myself and I realize he’s had some mistakes in supercross series and he may have some issue when they return but as far as any of the guys strait up beating him on a track that allows good passing I just don’t see it but sure we will find out in next few weeks and I’m just damn glad we have racing again period and hope they all give it hell!,,,
Not sure if you know this but the pressure cooker of SX is far more intense than outdoors. If you asked the Kawi bosses if they would rather have outdoor titles or SX titles what do you think they would choose? The vast majority of United States moto effort goes to SX not Motocross. You can not like what I'm saying but it is absolutely true. There is a reason why a top guy could get a SX only ride but never a National only ride. If guys want moto only they have to go to Canada.

Eli very well may win it all because he is the fastest guy but until now he has choked in SX every year.
mxb2
5/27/2020 7:30am
McG194 wrote:
You are totally missing the point. Sunday won't tell us much at all. It is 7 races in 3 weeks. This is something that has never...
You are totally missing the point. Sunday won't tell us much at all. It is 7 races in 3 weeks. This is something that has never happened before in the sport, my money is on the guy who shows himself to be mentally strongest. Of the bunch Cooper is the only one that has stood up to the pressure of a SX season.
Shaned9326 wrote:
Tomac has won three strait 450 national championships in a row and will smoke them again this summer so I think he can handle pressure pretty...
Tomac has won three strait 450 national championships in a row and will smoke them again this summer so I think he can handle pressure pretty damn good myself and I realize he’s had some mistakes in supercross series and he may have some issue when they return but as far as any of the guys strait up beating him on a track that allows good passing I just don’t see it but sure we will find out in next few weeks and I’m just damn glad we have racing again period and hope they all give it hell!,,,
McG194 wrote:
Not sure if you know this but the pressure cooker of SX is far more intense than outdoors. If you asked the Kawi bosses if they...
Not sure if you know this but the pressure cooker of SX is far more intense than outdoors. If you asked the Kawi bosses if they would rather have outdoor titles or SX titles what do you think they would choose? The vast majority of United States moto effort goes to SX not Motocross. You can not like what I'm saying but it is absolutely true. There is a reason why a top guy could get a SX only ride but never a National only ride. If guys want moto only they have to go to Canada.

Eli very well may win it all because he is the fastest guy but until now he has choked in SX every year.
Sx more money less work. Dont kid yourself outdoors is way harder. So you would take 1 sx title over 3 outdoor titles? Guess kroc choked also. Hrc paying him alot of $$. No titles. Mx or sx.
5/27/2020 7:32am
McG194 wrote:
Not sure if you know this but the pressure cooker of SX is far more intense than outdoors. If you asked the Kawi bosses if they...

Choked in SX every year? You can say he choked in 2017 and I would agree, the rest of the years he simply just got beat. I guess using your logic the only people who don’t “choke” would be Webb and Anderson as they have won the SX title.

The Shop

McG194
5/27/2020 7:37am
Shaned9326 wrote:
McG194 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Sx more money less work. Dont kid yourself outdoors is way harder. So you would take 1 sx title over 3 outdoor titles? Guess kroc choked...
Sx more money less work. Dont kid yourself outdoors is way harder. So you would take 1 sx title over 3 outdoor titles? Guess kroc choked also. Hrc paying him alot of $$. No titles. Mx or sx.
You nailed it on the first sentence. More money and less work says it's the prestigious title and yes I'd take one SX over 3 outdoor. If I was an advertiser I would want titles where the eyeballs are. The focus in the US is SX, why do you think we have slipped in MXdN?

I've been consistent in that. If Kenny or Eli don't win this year they will never win, the door is closing and fast guys are coming up.
McG194
5/27/2020 7:38am
Choked in SX every year? You can say he choked in 2017 and I would agree, the rest of the years he simply just got beat...
Choked in SX every year? You can say he choked in 2017 and I would agree, the rest of the years he simply just got beat. I guess using your logic the only people who don’t “choke” would be Webb and Anderson as they have won the SX title.
Choked is having the most wins in the past 5 years or so and zero titles.

WWSD
mxb2
5/27/2020 7:42am
McG194 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Sx more money less work. Dont kid yourself outdoors is way harder. So you would take 1 sx title over 3 outdoor titles? Guess kroc choked...
McG194 wrote:
You nailed it on the first sentence. More money and less work says it's the prestigious title and yes I'd take one SX over 3 outdoor...
You nailed it on the first sentence. More money and less work says it's the prestigious title and yes I'd take one SX over 3 outdoor. If I was an advertiser I would want titles where the eyeballs are. The focus in the US is SX, why do you think we have slipped in MXdN?

I've been consistent in that. If Kenny or Eli don't win this year they will never win, the door is closing and fast guys are coming up.
Like i said kroc hasnt won any title for hrc, alot of money for a few wins. And i love both sx and.mx, but prefer outdoors. If you ask the mxgp fans sx doesnt mean shit lol.
5/27/2020 8:05am
McG194 wrote:

WWSD
Well I guess I would rather be a “choker” like Tomac than someone like Kenny or Musquin who have yet to contend for an SX title. Whistling
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/27/2020 8:25am
McG194 wrote:

WWSD
Well I guess I would rather be a “choker” like Tomac than someone like Kenny or Musquin who have yet to contend for an SX title...
Well I guess I would rather be a “choker” like Tomac than someone like Kenny or Musquin who have yet to contend for an SX title. Whistling
Who have yet to contend for an SX title?

If he had decided to pull out of outdoors last year and get his knee fixed, he'd be contending for the SX title again this year.

He's no slouch on a dirt bike.

MX

5/27/2020 8:34am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2020 8:35am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Who have yet to contend for an SX title? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/27/429691/s1200_Screenshot_20200527_111852_Chrome.jpg[/img] If he had decided to pull out of outdoors last year and get his knee fixed...
Who have yet to contend for an SX title?

If he had decided to pull out of outdoors last year and get his knee fixed, he'd be contending for the SX title again this year.

He's no slouch on a dirt bike.

MX

While I may have exaggerated in saying he has yet to contend for an SX title (I mean 450 SX title btw), he still has yet to really come close to winning. Keep in mind Anderson’s mechanical at SLC in 2018 when he had a huge lead (Musquins best SX season).

You’re basically proving my original point too, no one refers to Musquin as a “choker” but somehow Tomac is? Shit happens and people get beat, just how the sport goes.
KX500
5/27/2020 8:35am
I find it interesting that Tomac feels his biggest advantage in the upcoming races at altitude is the Horsepower change to the bike - since he trains at elevation, he is used to the lowered power output, where everybody else has to adapt.

If he thinks there is something to that, there probably is.

Complete familiarity with a situation is much better than trying to get reacquainted with it - especially at a level where being off your game by 2% will be a very big deal.
toroP
5/27/2020 9:00am
Fandom sucks. Why does supporting one rider mean disrespecting others? All the riders mentioned above are great. This place needs therapy.
McG194
5/27/2020 9:38am
mxb2 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
You nailed it on the first sentence. More money and less work says it's the prestigious title and yes I'd take one SX over 3 outdoor...

mxb2 wrote:
Like i said kroc hasnt won any title for hrc, alot of money for a few wins. And i love both sx and.mx, but prefer outdoors...
Like i said kroc hasnt won any title for hrc, alot of money for a few wins. And i love both sx and.mx, but prefer outdoors. If you ask the mxgp fans sx doesnt mean shit lol.
It doesn't matter what MXGP fans think, they are just stinky Euros. Hahaha

Seriously if you polled the manufacturers and sponsors the order of importance in titles is SX, MXGP, and then Outdoor nationals. I love the outdoors and have spent many a sweaty summer day at Red Bud, Kenworthy's, and now WW Ranch but SX is the top dog.
Mr. Afterbar
5/27/2020 9:50am
McG194 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Like i said kroc hasnt won any title for hrc, alot of money for a few wins. And i love both sx and.mx, but prefer outdoors...
McG194 wrote:
It doesn't matter what MXGP fans think, they are just stinky Euros. Hahaha Seriously if you polled the manufacturers and sponsors the order of importance in...

Seriously if you polled the manufacturers and sponsors the order of importance in titles is SX, MXGP, and then Outdoor nationals. I love the outdoors and have spent many a sweaty summer day at Red Bud, Kenworthy's, and now WW Ranch but SX is the top dog.
Saying one SX championship is more gratifying or important than back to back to back outdoor championships removes what little integrity your opinion carried to begin with. Get real.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/27/2020 9:56am
While I may have exaggerated in saying he has yet to contend for an SX title (I mean 450 SX title btw), he still has yet...
While I may have exaggerated in saying he has yet to contend for an SX title (I mean 450 SX title btw), he still has yet to really come close to winning. Keep in mind Anderson’s mechanical at SLC in 2018 when he had a huge lead (Musquins best SX season).

You’re basically proving my original point too, no one refers to Musquin as a “choker” but somehow Tomac is? Shit happens and people get beat, just how the sport goes.
I think people refer to Tomac as a choker simply because he's got a whole bunch of wins in SX and no titles which is really unheard of.

He holds the record for most wins without a title. It's not exactly a record to be proud of.
McG194
5/27/2020 10:00am
mxb2 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
It doesn't matter what MXGP fans think, they are just stinky Euros. Hahaha Seriously if you polled the manufacturers and sponsors the order of importance in...

Saying one SX championship is more gratifying or important than back to back to back outdoor championships removes what little integrity your opinion carried to begin...
Saying one SX championship is more gratifying or important than back to back to back outdoor championships removes what little integrity your opinion carried to begin with. Get real.
If Eli does win this you watch his celebration and tell me which is more important. I'm not arguing that winning outdoors isn't as hard because the outdoor championship is gnarly as hell. The fact is it isn't as prestigious cannot be argued.
Mr. Afterbar
5/27/2020 10:07am
McG194 wrote:

Saying one SX championship is more gratifying or important than back to back to back outdoor championships removes what little integrity your opinion carried to begin...
McG194 wrote:
If Eli does win this you watch his celebration and tell me which is more important. I'm not arguing that winning outdoors isn't as hard because...
If Eli does win this you watch his celebration and tell me which is more important. I'm not arguing that winning outdoors isn't as hard because the outdoor championship is gnarly as hell. The fact is it isn't as prestigious cannot be argued.
Explain to me who wouldn't be more excited to win their first SX title than something they've already accomplished three times. Funny thing is if Eli does win this title, the Webb nuthuggers won't have anything left to hold over Eli. Then it'll just be Eli has three more big bike championships than Webb and 10x the wins.
Mr. Afterbar
5/27/2020 10:17am
While I may have exaggerated in saying he has yet to contend for an SX title (I mean 450 SX title btw), he still has yet...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think people refer to Tomac as a choker simply because he's got a whole bunch of wins in SX and no titles which is really...
I think people refer to Tomac as a choker simply because he's got a whole bunch of wins in SX and no titles which is really unheard of.

He holds the record for most wins without a title. It's not exactly a record to be proud of.
I don't know about you, but myself and 99.99999999% of everyone else that's ever raced a dirt bike would be more than stoked to hold that record.
Shaned9326
5/27/2020 10:19am
McG194 wrote:
If Eli does win this you watch his celebration and tell me which is more important. I'm not arguing that winning outdoors isn't as hard because...
That’s all good and I’ve been going to Supercross races since McGrath was a rookie and the nationals as well and no comparison between the circus show and the one that separates the men from the boys and Eli has stated many times that his national titles to him are the most important titles to win period!! I hope he wins the “prestigious “ title this year but if not he damn sure will get the real title this summer!!
McG194
5/27/2020 10:23am
Explain to me who wouldn't be more excited to win their first SX title than something they've already accomplished three times. Funny thing is if Eli...
Explain to me who wouldn't be more excited to win their first SX title than something they've already accomplished three times. Funny thing is if Eli does win this title, the Webb nuthuggers won't have anything left to hold over Eli. Then it'll just be Eli has three more big bike championships than Webb and 10x the wins.
Sorry bro I don't know what a nuthugger is. Personally I don't like Webb that much but I do know that the man is a straight up Great White shark with those dead eyes looking at those other riders like they are baby seals.

If you notice I don't say anything bad about Eli other than he chokes. We should be in the middle of questioning weather he is on the Mt. Rushmore of moto and instead we are talking about if he will win his first. He was better than Dungey in 17 but still went home empty handed. Instead of wondering if Eli can win his 4th consecutive SX title we are questioning weather he wins one at all.

It's not about being a fanboy or hater, it's about looking at cold hard numbers and asking the questions.
Mr. Afterbar
5/27/2020 10:36am
McG194 wrote:
Sorry bro I don't know what a nuthugger is. Personally I don't like Webb that much but I do know that the man is a straight...
Sorry bro I don't know what a nuthugger is. Personally I don't like Webb that much but I do know that the man is a straight up Great White shark with those dead eyes looking at those other riders like they are baby seals.

If you notice I don't say anything bad about Eli other than he chokes. We should be in the middle of questioning weather he is on the Mt. Rushmore of moto and instead we are talking about if he will win his first. He was better than Dungey in 17 but still went home empty handed. Instead of wondering if Eli can win his 4th consecutive SX title we are questioning weather he wins one at all.

It's not about being a fanboy or hater, it's about looking at cold hard numbers and asking the questions.
Cold hard numbers show that Webb has one SX championship. Check out Eli's numbers. I really don't care what you think, but struggle to understand the delusion that makes Webb so much better. I read over and over how he has the best racecraft in the business. What a crock of shit.
5/27/2020 10:57am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think people refer to Tomac as a choker simply because he's got a whole bunch of wins in SX and no titles which is really...

KX500
5/27/2020 11:08am
One thing about this 'record' is, it takes a fair number of wins to hold it.

Yes, it must suck to have a fair number of SX wins - the most of any rider in the last how many years?

Who could be proud of that?

But yes, the SX championship would be nice, too.

McG194
5/27/2020 11:11am
Cold hard numbers show that Webb has one SX championship. Check out Eli's numbers. I really don't care what you think, but struggle to understand the...
Cold hard numbers show that Webb has one SX championship. Check out Eli's numbers. I really don't care what you think, but struggle to understand the delusion that makes Webb so much better. I read over and over how he has the best racecraft in the business. What a crock of shit.
I never said Webb was better, I said Eli should be an all time great, as of now he's the all time "What-If."

Just watch him stalk some poor bastard at the end of a race. It's like watching Jason slow walking up on an extra in a Halloween movie. Somebody is about to get got.
5/27/2020 11:13am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2020 11:13am

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Definitely not a record one would strive for but also not one to be ashamed of, especially when you consider the fortune that comes with those wins. No denying from me that Tomac has choked in the past but I think three straight outdoor titles puts that whole thing to bed. I mean that is likely one of the all time high pressure situations you can be in in this sport and the guy has prevailed.

I guess we'll see, if Tomac implodes in one of the upcoming races I would have to eat my words but I tend to think he's got better at dealing with those situations over the years.

Been awhile since we've been able to discuss actual racing on here, maybe I'm getting a little too excited lol.
mxb2
5/27/2020 11:18am
McG194 wrote:
Sorry bro I don't know what a nuthugger is. Personally I don't like Webb that much but I do know that the man is a straight...

Cold hard numbers show that Webb has one SX championship. Check out Eli's numbers. I really don't care what you think, but struggle to understand the...
Bingo, check resume , titles, wins. Etc. Tomac has more 450 wins and titles than stewart. Guess stewart isnt an all time great. Credit to webb for the sx title, but comparing the two is comical.
KX500
5/27/2020 11:32am
If Tomac isn't already one of the all time greats, then nobody racing today is (expect maybe Reed - or is he done?).

Check the records books - Pretty sure the argument could be made Tomac is already there.

The lack of an SX championship doesn't exclude a rider from the list anymore than one SX championship can put another rider on the list.
mxb2
5/27/2020 11:44am
KX500 wrote:
If Tomac isn't already one of the all time greats, then nobody racing today is (expect maybe Reed - or is he done?). Check the records...
If Tomac isn't already one of the all time greats, then nobody racing today is (expect maybe Reed - or is he done?).

Check the records books - Pretty sure the argument could be made Tomac is already there.

The lack of an SX championship doesn't exclude a rider from the list anymore than one SX championship can put another rider on the list.
Come on man, didnt you hear. Magoo, kdub, bradshaw suck also. No sx title , Not even close to tomacs resume. But vital has them as legends. Lol.
McG194
5/27/2020 11:52am
KX500 wrote:
If Tomac isn't already one of the all time greats, then nobody racing today is (expect maybe Reed - or is he done?). Check the records...

No one ever said that one title puts you on an all time greats list but if Eli is sitting around bs'ing with MC, RC and the Ryans he will be like Shooter McGavin in the bar without the jacket.

Post a reply to: ET3, KR, WEBB, or BAM BAM??

The Latest