ET3, KR, WEBB, or BAM BAM??

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2020 7:59 PM

Be honest....how many of you here have considered naming your first born "Eli".... or perhaps legally changing your own name to "Eli".

Asking for a friend.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.



5/29/2020 12:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2020 12:10 AM

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

I’m always rooting for the boys in blue, but as this thing gets closer, I’m getting the feeling that the #1 is going to make ...more

"The KTM is one of the best handling, most forgiving platforms and has excellent traction which will be at a premium on these tracks. He’s also a smaller guy on the lightest bike(?), so he will not need any more power, even at this elevation. If he can start at the front consistently, look out."

You do know that these are factory bikes, you can bet your bottom dollar that the factory YZF, CRF and RMZ (yes even that one) will be as forgiving, great handling, great traction and lighter just like the production KTM. So factory bike wise thats not going to be the difference.

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

5/29/2020 12:37 AM

Utah 1 will be like A1 so, I bet on AC for the win.

For some reasons, I think Ken will be the next champ.

|

5/29/2020 12:47 AM

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

I’m always rooting for the boys in blue, but as this thing gets closer, I’m getting the feeling that the #1 is going to make ...more

kiwifan wrote:

"The KTM is one of the best handling, most forgiving platforms and has excellent traction which will be at a premium on these ...more

Didn't Chad Reed say that his Husqvarna in 2018 was significantly lighter than any other 450 factory bike that he had been on up to that point? Or maybe it was specifically the Yamaha in 16-17 he was talking about.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

5/29/2020 1:23 PM

Yeah, but Chad doesn’t know what he’s talking about, lol.

It’s no secret that the factory bikes are actually pretty close to the consumer bikes and sometimes heavier for durability...

|

5/29/2020 6:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2020 6:09 PM

WCRider wrote:

Utah 1 will be like A1 so, I bet on AC for the win.

For some reasons, I think Ken will be the next champ.

I kind of think this will be true except for probably Kenny wins (if he gets the start). Kenny is fast out of the gate and fast to start the season.

Eli takes a few laps to get going and slow to get going at the start of the season. Probably going to be the same Sunday.

But a lot of races in a short period of time should favor Eli if he gets rolling and doesn't crash/fall.

|

5/29/2020 6:19 PM

kpiper wrote:

I kind of think this will be true except for probably Kenny wins (if he gets the start). Kenny is fast out of the gate and ...more

Not sure about your last sentence. I think if this format favors anyone, it’s the Bakers factory guys based on the way they do “practice” motos together at race pace multiple times per week.

|

5/29/2020 6:23 PM

WCRider wrote:

Utah 1 will be like A1 so, I bet on AC for the win.

For some reasons, I think Ken will be the next champ.

kpiper wrote:

I kind of think this will be true except for probably Kenny wins (if he gets the start). Kenny is fast out of the gate and ...more

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

Not sure about your last sentence. I think if this format favors anyone, it’s the Bakers factory guys based on the way they do ...more

I was thinking about how when Eli gets rolling he is unstoppable and he often comments that he wishes there would be no breaks in the racing.

The new baby could be an issue but Eli is always in as good of shape or better than anyone out there. He seems to wear everyone down. So logically I thought the others would get worn out more than he would with the compact schedule.

|

5/29/2020 6:29 PM

kpiper wrote:

I was thinking about how when Eli gets rolling he is unstoppable and he often comments that he wishes there would be no breaks ...more

I got ya. But I think anyone with positive momentum feels (or should feel) that way.

|

5/29/2020 6:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2020 6:39 PM

As much as I’m hoping for the #1 to get in there and mix it up, I still wouldn’t bet against Eli for the title.

These guys are all in amazing shape, though. I think the altitude thing is being a little overblown from an athletic performance standpoint, especially since most of the riders will have arrived early and started the acclimation process. Some of the races will be in the 90’s, and I think that may be a bigger issue for them to deal with. Especially if the humidity is a little higher than usual.

Again, not making a case or rooting against Eli, but let’s not forget he’s the one who seems to struggle with freak arm pump from time to time.

|