ET3, KR, WEBB, or BAM BAM??

Motofinne
5/29/2020 12:47am
I’m always rooting for the boys in blue, but as this thing gets closer, I’m getting the feeling that the #1 is going to make this...
I’m always rooting for the boys in blue, but as this thing gets closer, I’m getting the feeling that the #1 is going to make this very interesting.

It’s been mentioned several times already, but the dude is just a gamer. He’s also one of the best at adapting to changing, deteriorating tracks which these will most certainly be, maybe even at an exponential rate like we’ve seldom seen due to the heat, lack of moisture and amount of laps on the same dirt.

The KTM is one of the best handling, most forgiving platforms and has excellent traction which will be at a premium on these tracks. He’s also a smaller guy on the lightest bike(?), so he will not need any more power, even at this elevation. If he can start at the front consistently, look out.

I’m sure he knows the championship is a long-shot so he really has no incentive to protect or be conservative like maybe Eli or Ken.

He probably knows the 51 is in a somewhat desperate situation right behind him, so hopefully that gives him extra motivation to try to get holeshots and avoid any drama with Bam.

Then consider he’s on arguably the best 450 team, with The Man, Ian and a bunch other fast dudes on orange and white bikes (wonder if there’s been any talk between those guys and the 22?). The stakes are high and we should expect the Austrians to do everything possible to keep the 450SX title streak going (and Aldon’s even longer streak - one title short of a decade).

And we know Aldon has him ready to go physically.
kiwifan wrote:
"The KTM is one of the best handling, most forgiving platforms and has excellent traction which will be at a premium on these tracks. He’s also...
"The KTM is one of the best handling, most forgiving platforms and has excellent traction which will be at a premium on these tracks. He’s also a smaller guy on the lightest bike(?), so he will not need any more power, even at this elevation. If he can start at the front consistently, look out."

You do know that these are factory bikes, you can bet your bottom dollar that the factory YZF, CRF and RMZ (yes even that one) will be as forgiving, great handling, great traction and lighter just like the production KTM. So factory bike wise thats not going to be the difference.
Didn't Chad Reed say that his Husqvarna in 2018 was significantly lighter than any other 450 factory bike that he had been on up to that point? Or maybe it was specifically the Yamaha in 16-17 he was talking about.
5/29/2020 1:23pm
Yeah, but Chad doesn’t know what he’s talking about, lol.

It’s no secret that the factory bikes are actually pretty close to the consumer bikes and sometimes heavier for durability...
kpiper
5/29/2020 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2020 6:09pm
WCRider wrote:
Utah 1 will be like A1 so, I bet on AC for the win.

For some reasons, I think Ken will be the next champ.
I kind of think this will be true except for probably Kenny wins (if he gets the start). Kenny is fast out of the gate and fast to start the season.

Eli takes a few laps to get going and slow to get going at the start of the season. Probably going to be the same Sunday.

But a lot of races in a short period of time should favor Eli if he gets rolling and doesn't crash/fall.
5/29/2020 6:19pm
kpiper wrote:
I kind of think this will be true except for probably Kenny wins (if he gets the start). Kenny is fast out of the gate and...
I kind of think this will be true except for probably Kenny wins (if he gets the start). Kenny is fast out of the gate and fast to start the season.

Eli takes a few laps to get going and slow to get going at the start of the season. Probably going to be the same Sunday.

But a lot of races in a short period of time should favor Eli if he gets rolling and doesn't crash/fall.
Not sure about your last sentence. I think if this format favors anyone, it’s the Bakers factory guys based on the way they do “practice” motos together at race pace multiple times per week.

The Shop

kpiper
5/29/2020 6:23pm
kpiper wrote:
I kind of think this will be true except for probably Kenny wins (if he gets the start). Kenny is fast out of the gate and...

Not sure about your last sentence. I think if this format favors anyone, it’s the Bakers factory guys based on the way they do “practice” motos...
Not sure about your last sentence. I think if this format favors anyone, it’s the Bakers factory guys based on the way they do “practice” motos together at race pace multiple times per week.
I was thinking about how when Eli gets rolling he is unstoppable and he often comments that he wishes there would be no breaks in the racing.

The new baby could be an issue but Eli is always in as good of shape or better than anyone out there. He seems to wear everyone down. So logically I thought the others would get worn out more than he would with the compact schedule.
5/29/2020 6:29pm
kpiper wrote:
I was thinking about how when Eli gets rolling he is unstoppable and he often comments that he wishes there would be no breaks in the...
I was thinking about how when Eli gets rolling he is unstoppable and he often comments that he wishes there would be no breaks in the racing.

The new baby could be an issue but Eli is always in as good of shape or better than anyone out there. He seems to wear everyone down. So logically I thought the others would get worn out more than he would with the compact schedule.
I got ya. But I think anyone with positive momentum feels (or should feel) that way.
5/29/2020 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2020 6:39pm
As much as I’m hoping for the #1 to get in there and mix it up, I still wouldn’t bet against Eli for the title.

These guys are all in amazing shape, though. I think the altitude thing is being a little overblown from an athletic performance standpoint, especially since most of the riders will have arrived early and started the acclimation process. Some of the races will be in the 90’s, and I think that may be a bigger issue for them to deal with. Especially if the humidity is a little higher than usual.

Again, not making a case or rooting against Eli, but let’s not forget he’s the one who seems to struggle with freak arm pump from time to time.

Post a reply to: ET3, KR, WEBB, or BAM BAM??

The Latest