ET vs JS vs RC

mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
8/1/2018 8:52am
Park Boys wrote:
Too hard to try and compare eras, for one Tomac can't lay back and wait to the end with those guys or a healthy Roczen. The...
Too hard to try and compare eras, for one Tomac can't lay back and wait to the end with those guys or a healthy Roczen.

The perfect MX season happend for only 5 races, the 2007 MX season. After 5 races and multiple Stewart mistakes and crashes they were only separated by 15 points. The 26 year old RC won 7 motos and the 21 year old Stewart won 3 and crashed all by himself at Red Bud while leading at the end of the race in what would be their last race together. Point is, it was close. James in 06,07 pushed RC into making more mistakes in a two years than a careers worth of races against Reed and Windham.

RC retired and Stewart thought he was gonna be unbeatable and his Ego defeated him. RC retired because of Stewarts abiltly to take risks, admits it in Sam Jones interview no longer wanted to take the risks with jumps in SX. Which is a shame because their outdoor battles are still the best ever IMO.

ET vs KR vs JH would be the perfect season now. But Herlings was still on 250s when Roczen was 100% and when Roczen was 100% in 16 Tomac wasn't quite there and in Tomacs amazing 2015 run Roczen was coming off injures and now Tomac and Herlings are at 100% Roczen is not. A cruel sport as far as match ups go.
agree with this.
kage173
8/1/2018 9:11am
zehn wrote:
I wish I had something witty to say but I don’t
x2
TimR
8/1/2018 9:21am
scootch wrote:
Here's how it would go: JS qualifies fastest RC takes the overall with a 2-1 JS wins moto 1 then crashes while leading moto 2 and...
Here's how it would go:

JS qualifies fastest
RC takes the overall with a 2-1
JS wins moto 1 then crashes while leading moto 2 and salvages a 3rd
ET gets 2 10th place starts and goes 3-2 on the day
Lol I thought the exact same thing when I read the title.

NateDawg
8/1/2018 12:38pm
Park Boys wrote:
Too hard to try and compare eras, for one Tomac can't lay back and wait to the end with those guys or a healthy Roczen. The...
Too hard to try and compare eras, for one Tomac can't lay back and wait to the end with those guys or a healthy Roczen.

The perfect MX season happend for only 5 races, the 2007 MX season. After 5 races and multiple Stewart mistakes and crashes they were only separated by 15 points. The 26 year old RC won 7 motos and the 21 year old Stewart won 3 and crashed all by himself at Red Bud while leading at the end of the race in what would be their last race together. Point is, it was close. James in 06,07 pushed RC into making more mistakes in a two years than a careers worth of races against Reed and Windham.

RC retired and Stewart thought he was gonna be unbeatable and his Ego defeated him. RC retired because of Stewarts abiltly to take risks, admits it in Sam Jones interview no longer wanted to take the risks with jumps in SX. Which is a shame because their outdoor battles are still the best ever IMO.

ET vs KR vs JH would be the perfect season now. But Herlings was still on 250s when Roczen was 100% and when Roczen was 100% in 16 Tomac wasn't quite there and in Tomacs amazing 2015 run Roczen was coming off injures and now Tomac and Herlings are at 100% Roczen is not. A cruel sport as far as match ups go.
RC was not at his best in 2007 and I think that's obvious. Whenever Stewart raced him full-time outdoors he rarely had anything for Ricky.

The Shop

TDeath21
8/1/2018 12:56pm
Park Boys wrote:

NateDawg wrote:
RC was not at his best in 2007 and I think that's obvious. Whenever Stewart raced him full-time outdoors he rarely had anything for Ricky.
Yeah I don’t think 07 is a good indicator at all. Carmichael was focused on NASCAR at that point and didn’t do much testing or training during the week. He came into Hangtown and crashed a few times just from being rusty and gave Stewart the first moto. In 06 when Carmichael was at full strength, Stewart only had something for him when he was pushing the ragged edge at the beginning of the year and we saw how that ended up at High Point. Then he also did well at Washougal, Carmichael’s worst track. And in that race Carmichael crashed and caught Stewart from way back before crashing again.
ruy
8/1/2018 12:56pm

Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
8/1/2018 4:16pm
Park Boys wrote:

NateDawg wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
Yeah I don’t think 07 is a good indicator at all. Carmichael was focused on NASCAR at that point and didn’t do much testing or training...
Yeah I don’t think 07 is a good indicator at all. Carmichael was focused on NASCAR at that point and didn’t do much testing or training during the week. He came into Hangtown and crashed a few times just from being rusty and gave Stewart the first moto. In 06 when Carmichael was at full strength, Stewart only had something for him when he was pushing the ragged edge at the beginning of the year and we saw how that ended up at High Point. Then he also did well at Washougal, Carmichael’s worst track. And in that race Carmichael crashed and caught Stewart from way back before crashing again.
I disagree I think 07 was hands down him at his peak in SX and MX. He said multiple times he is training like a full season plus coupled with him doing NASCAR and he wore himself down by the time MxDN rolled around. A lot of it to me looked like he had that bike dialed better than any bike he had ever ridden. he was killing everyone in 05 for example but I didn't think his bike looked the best. Not gonna argue that RC is not the GOAT as he is and it's not even debatable. 2006 would have been great had James not yard saled by him self out front. Back to back nasty crashes at high point and southwick and James wasn't the same and he gave RC a couple inches and he took a mile. But James was only 20 going after the greatest MX rider in history. Part of it too is when RC was Stews age I don't think he was as good at that point in his career. I.E. Stew at 20 was faster than RC I think but RC kept progressing throughout his career where as Stewart hit his outdoor peak at 22 and then quit outdoors. I like them both, I'm not a fan of just RC or James. I like em both and like a said when James moved up he pushed RC into making more mistakes in a couple years than he had done in the pervious 5.
toroP
8/1/2018 4:45pm
bbhMoto wrote:
What I meant is that in last weekends race, I have never seen anyone rail those outside corners like ET. Maybe JS did from time to...
What I meant is that in last weekends race, I have never seen anyone rail those outside corners like ET. Maybe JS did from time to time, but ET seems to pull it out a lot more often. Herlings does the same thing. It's a whole different level of speed and you can see it as the race unfolds. RC maybe rode a tad slower but he never let up and one more races because of that. RC was a superfast RD5 in terms of consistency.
toroP wrote:
You need to re-watch Roczen’s title run.
Watch him make Tomac look slow.
Crush wrote:
I mean, Eli was on the mend from double shoulder surgery and on a bike he had barely ridden outdoors.

Kinda like Kenny right now.
My reference to Kenny was primarily regarding this quote, “I have never seen anyone rail those outside corners like ET”.
toroP
8/1/2018 4:55pm
Recommended viewing:
2016, Spring Creek, 450, Moto 2
ctbale
8/1/2018 11:52pm
This is an amazing thread, great info on the history of the racers.

Do you guys think JS7 is reading this stuff, just wondering. Wink

Post a reply to: ET vs JS vs RC

The Latest