ESR cylinder machining problems

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2020 3:47 PM

Doesn’t sound too good for production ....
|

1/26/2020 3:55 PM

Sux for his business but I guess he wont be building any MEC winners this year either

|

1/26/2020 4:06 PM

That really sucks, I know the feeling when you invest a whole bunch of money on specially equipment and it doesnt work properly and you need it working to earn a living.

Hope the guy can turn things around

|

1/26/2020 4:11 PM

Dammit.
I wanted one so badly.
I've read that it's the best bike in the world and you're really stupid if you buy something else.

|

1/26/2020 4:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2020 4:29 PM

Wow. That’s a hell of a post. I am curious what machine it is... as a programmer and long time machinist I imagine I could help, but I have a feeling that for $400k or more the machine isn’t the issue here. Also, isn’t ESR Racing kind of redundant like saying ATM machine?

|

1/26/2020 4:35 PM

I hope that guy with the yz325 comes in to give his input. And maybe posts a pic of that sweet ride..

|

2018 CRF250R

1/26/2020 4:41 PM

It s a shame that someone did not do their research properly before making such a big investment.
Sucks mostly for customers that probably put their deposit money down.

|

1/26/2020 4:51 PM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

It s a shame that someone did not do their research properly before making such a big investment.

Sometimes things dont workout despite doing research... especially if you are working with cutting edge technology

|

1/26/2020 5:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2020 5:26 PM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

I watched a company drop 1.8 million in equipment. 4 machines after 2 years of research. Only to find out that what it "could do" it couldn't. They spent next year trying everything they could to make it work and couldn't. It was supposed to do everything faster at closer tolerances less down time different angles ECT ect. They almost lost everything. It sadly happens.

|

1/26/2020 5:27 PM

Sometimes it's best not to believe the hype.

|

1/26/2020 7:01 PM

It's an American company rehashing japanese motorcycle parts, I can't imagine "cutting edge" technology.

|

1/26/2020 7:22 PM

Probably got conned by the Haas guys.... they are pretty good at overhyping their garbage machines

|

1/26/2020 9:02 PM

Looks like that first post isn't live anymore.
Need more details. If there were promises made by a mfg and the machine couldn't deliver, and the mfg tried to help...... might be time for the right attorney. And I hate to say that... but most give mfg a chance to resolve the issue. if a sales rep/mfg overstated what the machine could do simply return it. Also do some research... most likely not an isolated event with the mfg. Meaning they did it to someone else.

|

1/26/2020 9:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2020 9:29 PM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

Sometimes things dont workout despite doing research... especially if you are working with cutting edge technology

It should be pretty straight forward if you know what you are buying with machining centers.

1) The buyer didn't know the machine capability/capacity
2) The machine is defective (not holding tolerance?)
3) The salesman said it can do everything you want and someone believed them.

Should have done a machine buy off if they didn't. Put it in the contract that it needs to do what you want it to do.

|

1/26/2020 9:43 PM

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THE MIND OF GUY WITH GRAMMAR LIKE THAT

|

1/26/2020 9:45 PM

feelit2morrow wrote:

I hope that guy with the yz325 comes in to give his input. And maybe posts a pic of that sweet ride..

That thing is fyre bro 🔥

|

1/27/2020 12:17 AM

It would be good to get some detail on the specific issues.
Machining a cylinder from a casting should be a single setup these days

|

If the glass is half full it's twice as big as it needs to be.

1/27/2020 4:40 AM

After seeing his hideous yz of his, then seeing him get pissy and butthurt all over here about it when myself and others were just being smartasses making fun of it, my guess here is it’s probably not all the machines fault.

|

1/27/2020 6:05 AM

motomike894 wrote:

After seeing his hideous yz of his, then seeing him get pissy and butthurt all over here about it when myself and others were just being smartasses making fun of it, my guess here is it’s probably not all the machines fault.

Why do you get off being a dick? Low self-esteem?

|

2013 KTM 450SXF, 1983 YZ 250K, & 1983 CR 250

1/27/2020 6:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2020 6:37 AM

motomike894 wrote:

Madmax31 wrote:

Why do you get off being a dick? Low self-esteem?

Wow someone is sensitive lol

If you saw the bike and the shit he was talking you would understand

|

1/27/2020 6:54 AM

Motocross, what a family sport, where people support each other....lots of bashing of riders and companys these days?

|

1/27/2020 7:27 AM

motomike894 wrote:

Is that the owner of ESR, or is it just some evangelist? But yeah, that white-blue (and no other accent color) YZ is not an attractive bike

|

1/27/2020 8:22 AM

Think it's just a zelote owner...
Hopefully.
If it's the owner it's even worse.

|

1/27/2020 8:29 AM

GODZILLA wrote:

Think it's just a zelote owner...
Hopefully.
If it's the owner it's even worse.

BRO a 325 twostroke is so much cheaper and and faster than a 450 bro!

|

1/27/2020 8:30 AM

The man works 7 days a week, close to a year, after investing 400k in a new machine.

I think the caps lock rant is more than justified.

|

1/27/2020 8:58 AM

I buy and sell new/ used CNC machines. A lot of people buy these things and think they are magic. They don't take into account: workholding, perishable tooling, and a lot of other things that go along with these machines.

|

1/27/2020 9:01 AM

Dtat720 wrote:

Probably got conned by the Haas guys.... they are pretty good at overhyping their garbage machines

I don't think Haas makes a 400K machine. Even an EC-400 with pallet pool and all the bells and whistles is still around 350K prior to any discounting. I think the answer is on his website.

|

1/27/2020 9:02 AM

seth505 wrote:

It should be pretty straight forward if you know what you are buying with machining centers.

1) The buyer didn't know the machine capability/capacity
2) The machine is defective (not holding tolerance?)
3) The salesman said it can do everything you want and someone believed them.

Should have done a machine buy off if they didn't. Put it in the contract that it needs to do what you want it to do.

100% true. Having built industrial CNC equipment, you always do a runoff to verify capability. Dry runs, capability studies, gauge studies, etc. It would be interesting to know the rest of the story for sure.

|

1/27/2020 9:08 AM

Privateer454 wrote:

100% true. Having built industrial CNC equipment, you always do a runoff to verify capability. Dry runs, capability studies, gauge studies, etc. It would be interesting to know the rest of the story for sure.

This.

|

If the glass is half full it's twice as big as it needs to be.

1/27/2020 9:34 AM

Dtat720 wrote:

ti473 wrote:

I don't think Haas makes a 400K machine. Even an EC-400 with pallet pool and all the bells and whistles is still around 350K prior to any discounting. I think the answer is on his website.

Makino a51nx should be able to do everything he is wanting to do. Highly suspect user/ operator error on this one. Seriously doubt its a machine issue knowing now the machine

|