ESPN On Marv's Million

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2017 8:28 PM

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

10/18/2017 8:29 PM

Saw that, crazy it took this long to post.

|

10/18/2017 9:37 PM

"Everything has to go perfect, and [Saturday] night, everything went perfect for me," Musquin said.

"You're welcome that I crashed out," Tomac said.

|

10/18/2017 10:12 PM

Cool. That shows the marketing value of the $1 million prize.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

10/18/2017 10:52 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

"Everything has to go perfect, and [Saturday] night, everything went perfect for me," Musquin said.

"You're welcome that I crashed out," Tomac said.

Uh, yeah, I'm sure that's what Tomac said...

|

10/19/2017 4:10 AM

Nice article. It is easy for the casual or non fan to understand except for the part about the "joker lane". Do we really need man made start ramps and joker lanes?

|

10/19/2017 4:42 AM

motomike137 wrote:

Nice article. It is easy for the casual or non fan to understand except for the part about the "joker lane". Do we really need man made start ramps and joker lanes?

Do we really need MEC?

|

10/19/2017 4:51 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

"Everything has to go perfect, and [Saturday] night, everything went perfect for me," Musquin said.

"You're welcome that I crashed out," Tomac said.

Did you really think Tomac would have 3 perfect races under pressure?

|

10/19/2017 4:56 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

"Everything has to go perfect, and [Saturday] night, everything went perfect for me," Musquin said.

"You're welcome that I crashed out," Tomac said.

ButteryWaffles wrote:

Did you really think Tomac would have 3 perfect races under pressure?

All he needed was one to make sure no one won the million, and he was well on his way to it before the red flag

|

10/19/2017 6:00 AM

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

All he needed was one to make sure no one won the million, and he was well on his way to it before the red flag

He’s always well on his way before disaster strikes.

|

10/19/2017 6:02 AM

According to Ralph, anyone who's in front is always "well on his way". Pretty sure its the dudes favorite thing to say.

|

10/19/2017 6:12 AM

Donovan759 wrote:

According to Ralph, anyone who's in front is always "well on his way". Pretty sure its the dudes favorite thing to say.

Not sure how long you've been around the sport but I'd beg to differ.

Pretty sure his favorite thing to say is or should I say was....Stewart, James Stewart lol.

Seeing has he hasn't lined up in a very long time he might have replaced it with something else like...quad. He's been saying that quite a bit over the last year or two.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/19/2017 6:18 AM

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

All he needed was one to make sure no one won the million, and he was well on his way to it before the red flag

And after the restart? When marvin passed him and was pulling away from Tomac, was he still well on his way?

|

10/19/2017 6:22 AM

Donovan759 wrote:

According to Ralph, anyone who's in front is always "well on his way". Pretty sure its the dudes favorite thing to say.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not sure how long you've been around the sport but I'd beg to differ.

Pretty sure his favorite thing to say is or should I say was....Stewart, James Stewart lol.

Seeing has he hasn't lined up in a very long time he might have replaced it with something else like...quad. He's been saying that quite a bit over the last year or two.

Been following closely since about 2002 when my family got a cable network that allowed us to watch the races.
And you're right. "Stewart, James Stewart" will forever ring in my ears... Dude could be first or last and Ralph would still get one of those in about 18 times a race.

Listen for "well on his way" this year. When someones pulling away out front you'll hear it at least 3 times a moto. Heats, semi's and mains all included.

|

10/19/2017 6:24 AM

CrGuy2T wrote:

He’s always well on his way before disaster strikes.

2017 450 Motocross champion. What a disaster.

|

10/19/2017 6:39 AM

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

All he needed was one to make sure no one won the million, and he was well on his way to it before the red flag

CrGuy2T wrote:

He’s always well on his way before disaster strikes.

Squirrelings wrote:

2017 450 Motocross champion. What a disaster.

Jeez man.

I like Tomac but he’s melted down more than a few times, that’s all he was trying to say.

|

10/19/2017 6:53 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

"Everything has to go perfect, and [Saturday] night, everything went perfect for me," Musquin said.

"You're welcome that I crashed out," Tomac said.

I'm not sure he'd say that since Marvin passed him

|

10/19/2017 7:50 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

"Everything has to go perfect, and [Saturday] night, everything went perfect for me," Musquin said.

"You're welcome that I crashed out," Tomac said.

As Marvin replied..."I didn't see you crash, as I passed you and was pulling away"...

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

10/19/2017 8:14 AM

Surely no one here thinks that Tomac crashing and not being in the second and third races was not a HUGE part of Musquin's $1,000,000?

If Musquon did the same, I think it would have been a huge help to Tomac.

Either one not winning the million after the other one crashed would have been the mega story of the day" this site.

How many seconds behind Musquin was Anderson each race? If you had a ride lined up with team white KTM and the guy about to won a million dollars was your riding partner, wouldn't you lay up? I'm not saying he did, but I sure would.

|

10/19/2017 8:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 8:19 AM

Donovan759 wrote:

According to Ralph, anyone who's in front is always "well on his way". Pretty sure its the dudes favorite thing to say.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not sure how long you've been around the sport but I'd beg to differ.

Pretty sure his favorite thing to say is or should I say was....Stewart, James Stewart lol.

Seeing has he hasn't lined up in a very long time he might have replaced it with something else like...quad. He's been saying that quite a bit over the last year or two.

Donovan759 wrote:

Been following closely since about 2002 when my family got a cable network that allowed us to watch the races.
And you're right. "Stewart, James Stewart" will forever ring in my ears... Dude could be first or last and Ralph would still get one of those in about 18 times a race.

Listen for "well on his way" this year. When someones pulling away out front you'll hear it at least 3 times a moto. Heats, semi's and mains all included.

Lol I'll definitively keep my ears open for that one. By the sound of it, it might be a good thing that I don't drink or I'd be drunk on my ass before the main events start. Maybe before?

James didn't even have to be at the races and he'd still manage to drop his name during the broadcast lol.

Drinking game for the 2018 SX season

Have a shot of each time the following is said.

#Quad
#WellOnHisWay
#CantThank
#ForSure
#YeahNo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/19/2017 9:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 9:18 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

"Everything has to go perfect, and [Saturday] night, everything went perfect for me," Musquin said.

"You're welcome that I crashed out," Tomac said.

Marv's reply to that shit comment

Photo

|

10/19/2017 9:31 AM

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

All he needed was one to make sure no one won the million, and he was well on his way to it before the red flag

CrGuy2T wrote:

He’s always well on his way before disaster strikes.

Squirrelings wrote:

2017 450 Motocross champion. What a disaster.

He broke under pressure which led to the shenanigans in Vegas then he cracked again racing for a million dollar payday at the Cup. Proof is in the pudding brother.

|

10/19/2017 9:36 AM

CrGuy2T wrote:

He’s always well on his way before disaster strikes.

Squirrelings wrote:

2017 450 Motocross champion. What a disaster.

BobbyM wrote:

He broke under pressure which led to the shenanigans in Vegas then he cracked again racing for a million dollar payday at the Cup. Proof is in the pudding brother.

No doubt, probably would've thrown away outdoors also if Marv didn't take a knee and give him a nice point cushion

|

10/19/2017 9:41 AM

Probabley and reality aren't =

|

10/19/2017 9:57 AM

The same people on here that say Dungey was so great and didn't get the respect he deserved for his SX championship this year, are the same one's who are constantly shitting all over Tomac, even after he proved he can win a big bike title.

|

10/19/2017 10:20 AM

I think Eli was fast but from what I seen it would have been a battle more so between Eli and Anderson then with Marv. Had it not been for the restart Marv would have had to earn that million but I think it would have been the same result.

|

10/19/2017 10:34 AM

I was there. Red flag just killed the race. If that original first moto had went on. Not saying Tomac would won the million but great chance Marv wouldn't have. Saw Tomacs crash and all I could think was wtf this is Kenny all over again just hope nothing is broke. Like SX 18 needs more riders on the injured list. Love SX but the injuries are just brutal. Need slower tracks. Go watch some early 80s to mid 80s SX races. From lap to lap leads often changed.
Crashed you got back up and kept going. Didn't get hauled off in the Mule.

|

10/19/2017 10:37 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not sure how long you've been around the sport but I'd beg to differ.

Pretty sure his favorite thing to say is or should I say was....Stewart, James Stewart lol.

Seeing has he hasn't lined up in a very long time he might have replaced it with something else like...quad. He's been saying that quite a bit over the last year or two.

Donovan759 wrote:

Been following closely since about 2002 when my family got a cable network that allowed us to watch the races.
And you're right. "Stewart, James Stewart" will forever ring in my ears... Dude could be first or last and Ralph would still get one of those in about 18 times a race.

Listen for "well on his way" this year. When someones pulling away out front you'll hear it at least 3 times a moto. Heats, semi's and mains all included.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Lol I'll definitively keep my ears open for that one. By the sound of it, it might be a good thing that I don't drink or I'd be drunk on my ass before the main events start. Maybe before?

James didn't even have to be at the races and he'd still manage to drop his name during the broadcast lol.

Drinking game for the 2018 SX season

Have a shot of each time the following is said.

#Quad
#WellOnHisWay
#CantThank
#ForSure
#YeahNo

He says these things much more:

"He's making a statement" (my wife even jokes about this)
"He's really pushing...*enter race adjective here*
"And here comes...*riders name here*

lol

|

10/19/2017 10:37 AM

aroark247 wrote:

The same people on here that say Dungey was so great and didn't get the respect he deserved for his SX championship this year, are the same one's who are constantly shitting all over Tomac, even after he proved he can win a big bike title.

Lol yep.. it's just funny how the same people are singing a completely different tune 6 months later. After SX it was all about being there all season and not making mistakes. During the outdoors when Tomac makes a mistake the experts on here say he "choked" but when Musquin and Baggett make a mistake and injure themselves those same people just chalk it up to bad luck.. funny how that works. silly

|

10/19/2017 11:06 AM

Donovan759 wrote:

Been following closely since about 2002 when my family got a cable network that allowed us to watch the races.
And you're right. "Stewart, James Stewart" will forever ring in my ears... Dude could be first or last and Ralph would still get one of those in about 18 times a race.

Listen for "well on his way" this year. When someones pulling away out front you'll hear it at least 3 times a moto. Heats, semi's and mains all included.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Lol I'll definitively keep my ears open for that one. By the sound of it, it might be a good thing that I don't drink or I'd be drunk on my ass before the main events start. Maybe before?

James didn't even have to be at the races and he'd still manage to drop his name during the broadcast lol.

Drinking game for the 2018 SX season

Have a shot of each time the following is said.

#Quad
#WellOnHisWay
#CantThank
#ForSure
#YeahNo

kNewc wrote:

He says these things much more:

"He's making a statement" (my wife even jokes about this)
"He's really pushing...*enter race adjective here*
"And here comes...*riders name here*

lol

Gotta love Sheheen lol.

I honestly wouldn't know what he says I tend to tune out and concentrate on what's going on the screen.

But I have noticed that he uses some words a lot.

Like I previously said it might be a good thing I don't drink. The way things are going I'd be drunk by the semi's.

How long has he been announcing SX? Anyone know? Was watching an early-mid 2000's race not long ago and he was commentating.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."