EMX Open class

ATKpilot99
11/24/2019 9:05am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2019 4:20am
So this new EMX class is riders aged 16-50 175 to 450 cc machines 2 or 4 stroke. Who will be racing this class , mainly aged out 250 GP riders who can't get an MXGP ride ?
|
11/24/2019 9:10am
Aged out EMX250 guys and some that did EMX300 would be my guess.
Bidirella
11/24/2019 9:44am
They should go back to a GP MX3 class like back in the days.

Would be a good series. The struggle and crazyness with getting a ride in the MXGP is just crazy and every year it’s becoming a bigger problem for allot of guys.

This would create some new teams and would be allot more fun for allot of guys instead of going allin for P15 or futher down the leaderboard..
philG
11/24/2019 10:32am
I asked the MX Vice boys the same question... it could be a great class for all the guys not in GP's and aged out of MX2. I can think of half a dozen decent british lads who would be worthwhile chasing this, and the same for the rest of europe, easily get a good 25-30 rider grid, however, with teams stretched for money, its about budgets , while satisfying the demands of the local sponsors, and domestic championships.

roninho
11/24/2019 12:52pm
Bidirella wrote:
They should go back to a GP MX3 class like back in the days. Would be a good series. The struggle and crazyness with getting a...

Would be a good series. The struggle and crazyness with getting a ride in the MXGP is just crazy and every year it’s becoming a bigger problem for allot of guys.

This would create some new teams and would be allot more fun for allot of guys instead of going allin for P15 or futher down the leaderboard..
I don't really see the use for adding a GP MX3 class (as in an official world championship class) if the bikes are also raced in MXGP or MX2.

If you really want to add a GP MX3 class with open cc why not make it a class where you need to race a production enduro bike and only slight modifications are being allowed.

Personally i would love to see a 125cc world championship with no age limits, but that isn't going to happen.

The Shop

philG
11/24/2019 1:10pm
Bidirella wrote:
They should go back to a GP MX3 class like back in the days. Would be a good series. The struggle and crazyness with getting a...

roninho wrote:
I don't really see the use for adding a GP MX3 class (as in an official world championship class) if the bikes are also raced in...
I don't really see the use for adding a GP MX3 class (as in an official world championship class) if the bikes are also raced in MXGP or MX2.

If you really want to add a GP MX3 class with open cc why not make it a class where you need to race a production enduro bike and only slight modifications are being allowed.

Personally i would love to see a 125cc world championship with no age limits, but that isn't going to happen.
Why an enduro bike ?? No cost saving at all.

125cc is catered for with the EMX125 , its a feeder class, and great to watch .

roninho
11/24/2019 1:25pm
Bidirella wrote:

roninho wrote:
I don't really see the use for adding a GP MX3 class (as in an official world championship class) if the bikes are also raced in...

philG wrote:
Why an enduro bike ?? No cost saving at all. 125cc is catered for with the EMX125 , its a feeder class, and great to watch...
Why an enduro bike ?? No cost saving at all.

125cc is catered for with the EMX125 , its a feeder class, and great to watch .

I'd support a low cost bring whatever you like support class at the gps for guys to old for mx2/emx250, not enough $ for mxgp etc.

But i'm not in favor of this class as an official world championship as Biridella suggests (or at least thats my translation of an "mx3 gp class") if the mx3 world champ is running the same bike as the mxgp class.
Bearuno
11/24/2019 8:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/24/2019 8:06pm
I'm pretty sure that it is an 'Open' class, but with a maximum capacity of 450cc - so, not fully, 'open'. But, 2ts and 4ts of, potentially, equal capacity.

Of course, it will be hugely 450 4ts, as, that's what is most available, and, most backed / promoted. And, most competitive. But, dickheads committed to "4ts are the very bestest", whilst hiding behind handicapping rules that have stopped much more than over bored 250s being 'big' 2ts, will carry on about the lack of 2ts, just as they do with EMX250.

I'm not sure if 250 2ts can still be run in EMX2, with the reduction in the up to 300cc 2t class, to 250cc 2ts this year, for EMX2t. A 250 2t did get an overall in EMX250, in France about two / three years ago - at Villo's Escargot (that's what I call it, though he never made it that far..... bummer as I was there to see him. and, all the other riders, of course) . A Brit, James Dunn(e?), I think it was.

All I want to see is MX2, and MXGP, be open to any ICE type, up to each classes maximum CCs. It will still be a horde of 4ts, because, as I wrote above, that's what's mostly made, and promoted. Fair enough, but, just make the rules, fair, FFS!

And No flamin' age limits. And No bloody Title limits. It's complete and utter BS.

125cc, 250cc, and, 450cc World Championships classes. And, the same in EMX Classes, as 'feeders'.
spimx
11/25/2019 1:00pm
There is way too many classes in the EMX series. There should be a minimum for classes and they need to fill the gates so people arent sitting waiting all day
philG
11/26/2019 10:54am
spimx wrote:
There is way too many classes in the EMX series. There should be a minimum for classes and they need to fill the gates so people...
There is way too many classes in the EMX series. There should be a minimum for classes and they need to fill the gates so people arent sitting waiting all day
Apart from the EMX300, the rest are over subscribed at every proper European round,
11/26/2019 11:47am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2019 11:50am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
So this new EMX class is riders aged 16-50 175 to 450 cc machines 2 or 4 stroke. Who will be racing this class , mainly...
So this new EMX class is riders aged 16-50 175 to 450 cc machines 2 or 4 stroke. Who will be racing this class , mainly aged out 250 GP riders who can't get an MXGP ride ?
I know who won't be racing: JMB aged out of the class this year.

What sport has a friggin' 50 year old age out rule? Bizarre.
11/27/2019 12:12am
Bidirella wrote:

The MX3 class was a joke as a world championship. It was for the most part a hobby class for veteran MX1 riders. I said back then they should just make it a EMXGP class. Hopefully it could gain some steam and become a bit like the EMX250 class is now. I know it wont be as big, but atleast fill the gates with riders good riders that could have a shot at MXGP.

As for riders that will be lining up, atleast Kim Savaste is gonna line up. Has anyone heard of other guys? I would assume there would be a good handful of guys that usually do a round or two in MXGP that would line up.

Post a reply to: EMX Open class

The Latest