EKS Goggles/Rich Taylor

stackman17
12/8/2011 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:02pm
My son has been getting assistance from EKS for a couple of years. I emailed Rich last week and requested consideration for the 2012 racing season. He responded within the hour and has chosen to to support us. I asked for additional decals for helmets and gear. Today, I recieved a box from EKS that contained three new pairs of goggles and packages of tear offs. This was completely unexpected and greatly appreciated. Thanks Rick.
|
RexBackman
12/8/2011 6:33pm
Professional, courteous service like this I actually remember and does sway what and when I purchase again. Good service pays dividends.
Bauer
12/8/2011 6:47pm
Rich is a really good guy, and Matthes does a good job repping them at the races, especially considering he's usually juggling a bunch of media workload also. EKS Brand goggles gave our Warthog Team total support...and that's a helluva lot of riders, which means a lot of goggles, lenses and tear-offs over a season. The best part about them is that the product is excellent! I really think that their goggles are as good as any out there and better than nearly everyone else's.
ebers
Fantasy
170th
12/8/2011 6:54pm
There service is far beyond any other company out there... not to mention a great goggle. I don't mind one bit paying retail from them and supporting Rich.

This was my first season wearing them, and I love them. I have a couple sets and I always let buddies try a pair, they all come back liking them and a couple have jumped on the Eks band wagon with me.
Sherwood
12/8/2011 6:56pm
Guy was one of my favorite riders growing up. Think it was Terrafirma 2 when I became a fan of his style.

The Shop

TeamGreen
12/8/2011 7:01pm
Hey!

A positive post!
Sherwood
12/8/2011 7:05pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Hey!

A positive post!
It's hard to say something bad about Rich Taylor.
Friday
12/8/2011 7:48pm
Rich is awesome! Great at what he does across the board and a great guy/Dad to boot. He's helped me out many times and I love the EKS Brand!
jgmxdad251
12/8/2011 8:52pm
Last weekend at my best friends fund raiser for his family, he donated a bunch of stuff, EKS goggles and a few helmets.See him a lot at our local bmx track.Super cool dude.

RIP. Brian Gress
DustinB333
12/8/2011 9:01pm
I raced with Rich in the 4 stroke nationals he was always cool and super fast..I like the Eks goggles cool rich is part of it.
St Ann More
12/9/2011 3:51am
Good story - seen a few advertisements in the UK this month featuring the brand, hopefully it grows here too.
NP301
12/9/2011 3:57am
stackman17 wrote:
My son has been getting assistance from EKS for a couple of years. I emailed Rich last week and requested consideration for the 2012 racing season...
My son has been getting assistance from EKS for a couple of years. I emailed Rich last week and requested consideration for the 2012 racing season. He responded within the hour and has chosen to to support us. I asked for additional decals for helmets and gear. Today, I recieved a box from EKS that contained three new pairs of goggles and packages of tear offs. This was completely unexpected and greatly appreciated. Thanks Rick.
They are taking great care of me too!
Flatliner
12/9/2011 6:13am
Sherwood wrote:
Guy was one of my favorite riders growing up. Think it was Terrafirma 2 when I became a fan of his style.
his metal god 1 leap was badass.

I've purchased a few sets, quality product.
Rocket88
12/9/2011 6:15am
Cool guy, great goggles.
flyinb501
Fantasy
392nd
12/9/2011 8:00am
He seems like a cool guy, and I love hearing his podcasts. He has some great stories.
mx_563
12/9/2011 10:48am
Wasn't it Rich in the original Crusty video riding a CR500 at Pismo? Good stuff!

For the money, I don't think there's a better goggle out there. It's a lot of bang for the buck. They look pretty original too, which I personally like.
BLAHBLAH
12/9/2011 10:56am
I was a long time spy guy, I probably have 30+ pairs.... I just bought my first pair of Eks brands and I love them, I will probably never buy a different brand. I am glad to see them getting some quality guys on the team like Brayton and Chisolm, both seem to represent the same values of the eks brand company.
12/9/2011 11:22am
BLAHBLAH wrote:
I was a long time spy guy, I probably have 30+ pairs.... I just bought my first pair of Eks brands and I love them, I...
I was a long time spy guy, I probably have 30+ pairs.... I just bought my first pair of Eks brands and I love them, I will probably never buy a different brand. I am glad to see them getting some quality guys on the team like Brayton and Chisolm, both seem to represent the same values of the eks brand company.
Brayton deal didn't go through.
lumpy790
12/9/2011 11:45am
Met Rich a couple years ago when our displays were next to each other in a distributors booth. Super nice guy with fine quality goggles! He has been in the industry forever....everyone walking by knew him. Pretty sure he still tests for Transworld.
mxb2
12/9/2011 2:57pm
How is he making a profit if he is hooking everybody up?, lol
GuppyGahoo
12/9/2011 3:01pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Hey!

A positive post!
Let me help. I got a pair this fall. The strap adjuster broke the first time I wore them. In looking at it since it's clear that that clear piece of plastic is the only low quality piece on the goggles. Good thing they have a one year warranty. I'll probably never call to get it corrected though. Oh well.
xbrandrt
12/9/2011 3:04pm
Hey everyone, this is Rich Taylor.... I just want to say THANK YOU for all the great words about me and more importantly my goggles. Todd, from Vital e-maled me the link to this thread and I couldn't believe how gracious all of you are. Its very refreshing to read the comments of people that actually race and ride and know what's going on. That is rare these days in the motocross social media.

The hardest part of owning and running this compnay myself is trying get people to understand that we sell a great goggle with more to offer than most other brands, for a much nicer price. To have you guys point those facts out when you don't work for me and are getting nothing from me is amazing. Again, I thank you sooo much!

I still am out at the tracks around So Cal about three days a week. If you see me or my van, come by. I will let you try out a set of goggles if you have never tried them...

Again, I can't stress enough how thankful I am for all the great words!
mxb2
12/9/2011 3:23pm
xbrandrt wrote:
Hey everyone, this is Rich Taylor.... I just want to say THANK YOU for all the great words about me and more importantly my goggles. Todd...
Hey everyone, this is Rich Taylor.... I just want to say THANK YOU for all the great words about me and more importantly my goggles. Todd, from Vital e-maled me the link to this thread and I couldn't believe how gracious all of you are. Its very refreshing to read the comments of people that actually race and ride and know what's going on. That is rare these days in the motocross social media.

The hardest part of owning and running this compnay myself is trying get people to understand that we sell a great goggle with more to offer than most other brands, for a much nicer price. To have you guys point those facts out when you don't work for me and are getting nothing from me is amazing. Again, I thank you sooo much!

I still am out at the tracks around So Cal about three days a week. If you see me or my van, come by. I will let you try out a set of goggles if you have never tried them...

you need my address in ohio, i will try them lol.
FHKRacingZ
12/9/2011 3:27pm
I dont know Rich, but from his responce, people like him deserve all the success they get. Very impressed, going to look into a set of goggles!
canuck250f
Fantasy
605th
12/9/2011 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 12/9/2011 5:12pm
We have been carrying EKS Goggles for nearly 3 years now. At first I started as that damn Steve Matthes kept bugging me being Canadian and all then I met Rich and he seemed like a cool dude and I'd throw him a "Courtesy Order". Once I received the product and used it myself I could not believe the quality I received for the price!! Our experience with the goggles and with Rich has been second to none!

We have retailed every goggle and continue to carry many of the high end competitors and I still get a kick out of the kid that comes in and want a certain goggle that is twice as much $$$ without giving it a second thought. Every chance I get to explain the features of the EKS, 9 times out of 10 the customer purchases them. As a retailer sure it make sense to sell the highest priced goggle to make the most buck but when you have have a goggle like EKS it is tough to sleep at night taking their money. I'd rather the customer get what they paid for and have extra cash in their jeans to buy something else they need and EKS is a perfect fit for that as a dealer.

Just on that fact alone I have been able to win over so many riders who now sent their friends for EKS goggles on a regular basis. As a consumer I don't understand why you would pay almost double in some case for a goggle that is the if not inferior to EKS!

Great job Rich on supplying a killer product at a great price! I am proud to call myself a EKS dealer up here in the great white north! Can't wait to get the dual lens snow goggles as all the slednecks are waiting patiently!!

Thanks EKS and Mr. Rich Taylor!!!

Dean Thompson
www.blackfootdirect.com
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/10/2011 2:26am
I tried a set of EKS goggles at A Day In The Dirt, and liked the fit, function and style. Good stuff.
MXEditor
12/10/2011 4:25am
Nice to see some support for an underdog brand! Goggles are a crowded market to break into. Hard work = payoff!
Underdog999
12/10/2011 9:02am
I love these goggles! Their customer support is the best BY FAR! That alone, counts for about 90% of my loyalty.
Old-skull
12/10/2011 11:23am
What brand do they closely fit like? I know it’s an odd question but I have broken my nose a couple of times and my bridge is larger than normal. I ran Spy's but they actually pinched my nose so bad I couldn’t breath out of it. I run Blurr's now witch fit real good.
TomZ
Fantasy
4294th
12/10/2011 1:40pm
xbrandrt wrote:
Hey everyone, this is Rich Taylor.... I just want to say THANK YOU for all the great words about me and more importantly my goggles. Todd...

Rich, you should have mentioned your BEER goggles also .....LOL Dan wears the pair you sent him with Michigan Mafia pride.
swap
12/10/2011 4:17pm
Old-skull wrote:
What brand do they closely fit like? I know it’s an odd question but I have broken my nose a couple of times and my bridge...
What brand do they closely fit like? I know it’s an odd question but I have broken my nose a couple of times and my bridge is larger than normal. I ran Spy's but they actually pinched my nose so bad I couldn’t breath out of it. I run Blurr's now witch fit real good.
The frame is super pliable and I'll bet that they fit over your busted shnoz just fine.

Post a reply to: EKS Goggles/Rich Taylor

The Latest