E bikes for kids?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2018 6:58 AM

Awhile back there was a video of two kids riding small E bikes I've been searching around but cant find that video or the bikes that were in it?
My new grandson is about 2 so its time for him to accessorize!!!
Any Suggestions would be appreciated

|

11/18/2018 7:06 AM

Either the Stacyc bikes or the Oset bikes. I went the route of Oset. Bought a little shorter shock for it and took the pegs off and he was riding on it before he was 2. He now turned two Back in August and we go ride every weekend weather permitting! Photo

|

11/18/2018 7:09 AM

Oset 12.5 may be what you’re thinking of. It’s an electric trials bike. I started my oldest on one when he turned 3 and fixing to teach my youngest to ride it who will be 3 in February.

|

11/20/2018 5:17 PM

Recommend Stacyc and I have an oset 12.5. Did the frame mod and lipo battery’s. Dropped 14lbs. Everyone has their preferences. I feel the oset uses very cheap parts for the price you pay.

|

11/20/2018 6:48 PM

bf884 wrote:

Recommend Stacyc and I have an oset 12.5. Did the frame mod and lipo battery’s. Dropped 14lbs. Everyone has their preferences. I feel the oset uses very cheap parts for the price you pay.

I have to agree, for what those batteries and motor would cost the Oset's seem pretty pricey. My son wanted a Oset 24.0 and I couldn't get over the fact that I could buy two CRF110 pit bikes for the same price.

|

11/21/2018 4:00 AM

My 2 year old enjoys his OSET. I don’t think you can go wrong with the stacyc either, and it’s much cheaper.

Photo

|

11/21/2018 6:09 AM

My 5 year old loves his Stacyc. My only recommendation is this. Please put your kid in a motorcycle helmet instead of a bicycle helmet on these bikes. My kid gave himself a black eye a few weeks ago from running into a tree wearing a bicycle helmet and my wife let me have it!

|

11/21/2018 6:25 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

My 5 year old loves his Stacyc. My only recommendation is this. Please put your kid in a motorcycle helmet instead of a bicycle helmet on these bikes. My kid gave himself a black eye a few weeks ago from running into a tree wearing a bicycle helmet and my wife let me have it!

????

|

11/21/2018 10:07 AM

Got my 3 year old the 12 stacyc, he loves it. rides her wide open every where. Just got the bigger battery for it and its last much better than the original 2.0. It's light enough he can set it up on his own stand for it as well.

|

11/21/2018 10:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 10:42 AM

Beta has a cool e bike out for kids now as well. ~1800 if I remember right

My niece (3yo)and nephew(2yo) are on an oset. Dad picked up a new one last year for a steal. Seems like a good little bike and nice you can easily manage the power.

|

11/21/2018 11:17 AM

Photo


Just took a gamble on this over a pw for my son. Will see how it works out. "1000 watt" motor with 36v lit ion battery and a 3 speed adjustable controller. Anybody have any experience with these? I couldn't find any real world reviews for them yet as they just came out a couple months ago. Seemed fairly cheap at $769.00 nevertheless should be decent for getting him started around the yard.

I will try to update soon as i get my hands on it.
|

11/21/2018 11:27 AM

hard2kill wrote: Photo


Just took a gamble on this over a pw for my son. Will see how it works out. "1000 watt" motor with 36v lit ion battery and a 3 speed adjustable controller. Anybody have any experience with these? I couldn't find any real world reviews for them yet as they just came out a couple months ago. Seemed fairly cheap at $769.00 nevertheless should be decent for getting him started around the yard.

I will try to update soon as i get my hands on it.

What is it? And where did you get it?

|

11/21/2018 11:44 AM

hard2kill wrote: Photo


Just took a gamble on this over a pw for my son. Will see how it works out. "1000 watt" motor with 36v lit ion battery and a 3 speed adjustable controller. Anybody have any experience with these? I couldn't find any real world reviews for them yet as they just came out a couple months ago. Seemed fairly cheap at $769.00 nevertheless should be decent for getting him started around the yard.

I will try to update soon as i get my hands on it.

bf884 wrote:

What is it? And where did you get it?

Mototec is the brand, online retailers. They have been making a 350w and 500w version for a couple years, but everything appears to be a bit better quality on this one.

https://davesbigtoysusa.com/mototec-36v-pro-electric-dirt-bike-1000w-lithium-green/?gclid=CjwKCAiAodTfBRBEEiwAa1hauozzrZ9ddw3Jl38FGf4PqBo-zpVcnyhq23yNJ2XudcO9Xh7agG-jSBoCUD4QAvD_BwE

|

11/21/2018 12:20 PM

The razor mx350 24 volt bikes are $200 from Walmart right now. No suspension we ran the crap out of one this year until the boys went mudding with it. They are great for the price. Just don't ride mud and be careful washing

|

11/21/2018 4:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 4:10 PM

hard2kill wrote: Photo


Just took a gamble on this over a pw for my son. Will see how it works out. "1000 watt" motor with 36v lit ion battery and a 3 speed adjustable controller. Anybody have any experience with these? I couldn't find any real world reviews for them yet as they just came out a couple months ago. Seemed fairly cheap at $769.00 nevertheless should be decent for getting him started around the yard.

I will try to update soon as i get my hands on it.

bf884 wrote:

What is it? And where did you get it?

hard2kill wrote:

Mototec is the brand, online retailers. They have been making a 350w and 500w version for a couple years, but everything appears to be a bit better quality on this one.

https://davesbigtoysusa.com/mototec-36v-pro-electric-dirt-bike-1000w-lithium-green/?gclid=CjwKCAiAodTfBRBEEiwAa1hauozzrZ9ddw3Jl38FGf4PqBo-zpVcnyhq23yNJ2XudcO9Xh7agG-jSBoCUD4QAvD_BwE

They did a nice job on that. 1000 watt ought to have some guts. I like the covered chain. the plastic looks legit. How can these Chinese manufacturers afford to crank this stuff out? They can copy anything and often make it better. Thanks for the post.

Here's the older thread on lot's of e-mini's with the video of the Ossets.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Beta-Minicross-E-first-look,1326737

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

11/21/2018 4:22 PM

hard2kill wrote: Photo


Just took a gamble on this over a pw for my son. Will see how it works out. "1000 watt" motor with 36v lit ion battery and a 3 speed adjustable controller. Anybody have any experience with these? I couldn't find any real world reviews for them yet as they just came out a couple months ago. Seemed fairly cheap at $769.00 nevertheless should be decent for getting him started around the yard.

I will try to update soon as i get my hands on it.

bf884 wrote:

What is it? And where did you get it?

hard2kill wrote:

Mototec is the brand, online retailers. They have been making a 350w and 500w version for a couple years, but everything appears to be a bit better quality on this one.

https://davesbigtoysusa.com/mototec-36v-pro-electric-dirt-bike-1000w-lithium-green/?gclid=CjwKCAiAodTfBRBEEiwAa1hauozzrZ9ddw3Jl38FGf4PqBo-zpVcnyhq23yNJ2XudcO9Xh7agG-jSBoCUD4QAvD_BwE

Should be able to put 48v to it. That motor will handle it

|

11/21/2018 4:57 PM

bf884 wrote:

What is it? And where did you get it?

hard2kill wrote:

Mototec is the brand, online retailers. They have been making a 350w and 500w version for a couple years, but everything appears to be a bit better quality on this one.

https://davesbigtoysusa.com/mototec-36v-pro-electric-dirt-bike-1000w-lithium-green/?gclid=CjwKCAiAodTfBRBEEiwAa1hauozzrZ9ddw3Jl38FGf4PqBo-zpVcnyhq23yNJ2XudcO9Xh7agG-jSBoCUD4QAvD_BwE

bf884 wrote:

Should be able to put 48v to it. That motor will handle it

Let us know how it is. I might buy one too. I have a Polini with no engine, lithium batteries, and a 48 volt scooter kit. Might be worth just buying one of these and lightly modifying. SSR has one too. Probably about the same bike. The Chinese pit bikes share a lot of parts.

|

12/11/2018 7:46 AM

hard2kill wrote:

Mototec is the brand, online retailers. They have been making a 350w and 500w version for a couple years, but everything appears to be a bit better quality on this one.

https://davesbigtoysusa.com/mototec-36v-pro-electric-dirt-bike-1000w-lithium-green/?gclid=CjwKCAiAodTfBRBEEiwAa1hauozzrZ9ddw3Jl38FGf4PqBo-zpVcnyhq23yNJ2XudcO9Xh7agG-jSBoCUD4QAvD_BwE

bf884 wrote:

Should be able to put 48v to it. That motor will handle it

mikec265 wrote:

Let us know how it is. I might buy one too. I have a Polini with no engine, lithium batteries, and a 48 volt scooter kit. Might be worth just buying one of these and lightly modifying. SSR has one too. Probably about the same bike. The Chinese pit bikes share a lot of parts.

Hey guys. I got my little mototec bike and i gotta say i am very impressed with it so far. It is far better build quality than the toy razor bikes and the older mototecs. If you are considering the gas gas or torrett then i would defiantly take a look at this bike to. The battery is a bit weaker than what comes with the gas gas but could easily be upgraded to 48 or even 60 volt with a new controller and still be money ahead.

The power is pretty good also, as good or maybe a bit better than a pw considering the initial torque. It pulls me uphills and will pull the front wheel off the line with the amps and speed maxed out ( i weigh about 150). I also like the tunabilty a lot, it has 3 separate control knobs where the gas cap would be, 1 for the throttle response which can be adjusted from 0.2secs up to 1 sec. 1 for speed and 1 for the motor output amperage.

The weaker points i see on it is that it has cable pull disk brakes, but they do still stop good, the chain tension design looks a little flimsy, and the grips are a hard rubber and the throttle side would be hard to upgrade. I will try to post some pics up later.

|

12/11/2018 8:11 AM

How is the suspension?
Is there enough suspension damping or is it like a springy pogo stick?
Does the frame look strong enough to handle a peewee track?
Do you know the top speed with a kid riding it?

I am seriously considering one. I have an old Polini, lithium batteries, and a 48 volt scooter kit, but I might buy one of these instead. I have been impressed so far by the Chinese gas bikes for kids.
For the price they out perform the little CRF, TTR, and KLX bike by far. They won't last as long as a Jap bike, but for the money they are well worth it.

|

12/11/2018 10:30 AM

Also very interested in this e bike. I am thinking about buying a Stacyc but this is not much more money and appears to be considerably better.

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

12/11/2018 10:56 AM

mikec265 wrote:

How is the suspension?
Is there enough suspension damping or is it like a springy pogo stick?
Does the frame look strong enough to handle a peewee track?
Do you know the top speed with a kid riding it?

I am seriously considering one. I have an old Polini, lithium batteries, and a 48 volt scooter kit, but I might buy one of these instead. I have been impressed so far by the Chinese gas bikes for kids.
For the price they out perform the little CRF, TTR, and KLX bike by far. They won't last as long as a Jap bike, but for the money they are well worth it.

The suspension is really good, nearly as good as any 50cc suspension out i would say, and not springy at all. The triple clamps are bit weak looking, but the travel, comp, and rebound are on point. I honestly don't know how they are selling it for what they are.

You could absolutely race the bike at a beginner level without worrying about it falling all to pieces. Top speed is said to be around 20mph i haven't checked it but seems about right. If you wanted to race it at a higher level you would need to upgrade the battery and controller to keep up, also if the kid really started trashing it i would still keep an eye on the welds, pegs, clamps, etc.

I also don't like that it doesn't have a foot brake. Here are some close up pics for some detail.
Also if anybody gets one and wants graphics i already made a templete for it, just let me know.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/11/2018 3:34 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll be in trouble if I modified the stock graphics. My little buddy loves the 199 for Pastrana and green is his favorite color. I think I am going to buy one for my kids birthday in February.
Let us know how it holds up and how the kid likes it.

|

2/7/2019 10:33 AM

How's that MotoTec bike been holding up? Any week points? I just ordered one yesterday.

|

2/7/2019 10:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2019 10:55 AM

I will post a vote for Stacyc. If nothing else the founder/designer is a pure Moto guy at heart. I dont know backgrounds of the other bikes. Maybe they are too, but Ragz is as solid a dude as youll ever meet.

|

2/7/2019 11:24 AM

Man I would love an e pitbike that adults could rip on the same way we can on a crf50 or klx110. Are there any kind of moto e pitbike that would be adult friendly?

|

2/8/2019 8:42 AM

Bumping post just to see if anyone has an answer to my previous post rather than starting a new thread.

|

2/8/2019 8:54 AM

midwestmoto wrote:

Bumping post just to see if anyone has an answer to my previous post rather than starting a new thread.



Those Sur Ron bikes are like a bad ass pit bike.
About $3500.
Or you could mod an old pitbike with an electric scooter kit. It's only a matter of time before one becomes available. The 36 volt MotoTec I just bought says it's designed for riders between 100-130 lbs. I'm 220 and I'll see how it does after it's delivered later tomorrow.
|

2/8/2019 9:10 AM

midwestmoto wrote:

Bumping post just to see if anyone has an answer to my previous post rather than starting a new thread.

mikec265 wrote:



Those Sur Ron bikes are like a bad ass pit bike.
About $3500.
Or you could mod an old pitbike with an electric scooter kit. It's only a matter of time before one becomes available. The 36 volt MotoTec I just bought says it's designed for riders between 100-130 lbs. I'm 220 and I'll see how it does after it's delivered later tomorrow.

Sweet thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to hearing how the Mototec works for you

|

2/9/2019 2:14 PM

midwestmoto wrote:

Bumping post just to see if anyone has an answer to my previous post rather than starting a new thread.

mikec265 wrote:



Those Sur Ron bikes are like a bad ass pit bike.
About $3500.
Or you could mod an old pitbike with an electric scooter kit. It's only a matter of time before one becomes available. The 36 volt MotoTec I just bought says it's designed for riders between 100-130 lbs. I'm 220 and I'll see how it does after it's delivered later tomorrow.

midwestmoto wrote:

Sweet thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to hearing how the Mototec works for you

Just tried the MotoTec. I didn't charge it before riding, but it pulled my 220 lb ass as good as one of our stock Honda XR50s. Better off the line. I wouldn't consider it unless you are under 150 pounds or willing to overvolt it with a 48 volt scooter kit.
I'm 6ft 1 and it's easier to ride than a Honda 50, but if you are close to 6 ft it would suck to ride being that cramped up. If you have some basic welding skills it would be easy to convert a bigger Chinese pit bike with a 48,60, or 72 volt scooter kit.

|