E-Mountain Bike = Best Cross Training Tool

str8line
7/6/2022 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2022 8:27pm
No, I don’t have one and probably won’t because they are not allowed on mtb trails. I live in Bend, Oregon where the “trails” are on...
No, I don’t have one and probably won’t because they are not allowed on mtb trails. I live in Bend, Oregon where the “trails” are on USFS and BLM land, it’s considered a mtb mecca for many. There is “no pedal assist” signage on all marked mtb trails I’ve rode. The volunteers and clubs that build the mtb trails are very vocal against them. Since it’s motorized it gets assigned to the class 3 designation which is the same as dirt bikes.

I think one would be super handy for pre-riding off-road race courses but not enough of a reason to buy one and I’m even currently shopping for a new mtb.
I remember when we had to fight the hikers for our access to ride MTB in the late 1980's. The haters are still out there only now it's an even worse breed of haters.
Ob917
7/7/2022 7:54am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2022 8:00am
jbrown15 wrote:
There's going to be a wave of new lightweight ebikes coming in the next year, and allot of them will be using the new Ride 60...
There's going to be a wave of new lightweight ebikes coming in the next year, and allot of them will be using the new Ride 60 motor and battery from Fazua. Transition, Pivot and I believe Trek are all launching new bikes with that system. Which still has good power with 60nm of power.

Bikes will weigh low to mid 40lb range and have a 430w battery. The Transition ebike is also designed to be ridden without the battery in it and the motor has no drag when it's not turned on. Plus Orbea has the carbon and alloy versions on the Rise and specialized has the Levo SL.
I want one of the new Transition relays when they come out. I love how you cant even see the drive system, also that there isn’t resistance after the speed limit is hit like on normal e bikes. I can barely wait till spring.

The Shop

Post a reply to: E-Mountain Bike = Best Cross Training Tool

The Latest