Dynojet power commander advice

12/7/2018 4:26pm
Hi All, just wondering if anyone has some advice for me on these things.

Firstly where can I find the best info on how to tune using these?

Is there anywhere I may be able to find maps already written apart from their website?

And also any recommendations on where to buy?

Buying for a 2017 KTM 450 sxf, and considering getting it running on methanol as well.
|
JohnnyD13
12/8/2018 7:48am
Hey. I buy mine from Livengood Motor Sports. It cost 340 and then he tunes it with VP race gas. He uses a dyno to tune it and the bike runs absolutely perfect. No breaks in the power curv and usually gets 4 more HP doing that. I’ve done that on 6 bikes. The worst part is once you let him do it, you won’t want to ride a bike without it
12/8/2018 11:31pm
JohnnyD13 wrote:
Hey. I buy mine from Livengood Motor Sports. It cost 340 and then he tunes it with VP race gas. He uses a dyno to tune...
Hey. I buy mine from Livengood Motor Sports. It cost 340 and then he tunes it with VP race gas. He uses a dyno to tune it and the bike runs absolutely perfect. No breaks in the power curv and usually gets 4 more HP doing that. I’ve done that on 6 bikes. The worst part is once you let him do it, you won’t want to ride a bike without it
Does he tune it for you for free? If so that is awesome. Local bike shop here told me $500 for a dyno tune (Australia)
12/9/2018 2:13am
JohnnyD13 wrote:
Hey. I buy mine from Livengood Motor Sports. It cost 340 and then he tunes it with VP race gas. He uses a dyno to tune...
Does he tune it for you for free? If so that is awesome. Local bike shop here told me $500 for a dyno tune (Australia)
Get the Vortex. Oz company too
12/9/2018 3:25am
JohnnyD13 wrote:
Get the Vortex. Oz company too
I have one, but I am getting a 490 big bore kit and possibly running methanol for one event so the power commander is the only one with the adjustability required.

The Shop

Dcope17
12/9/2018 6:47am
Dyno tune is the only way to go, i did a full system exhaust on my 600RR i setup for racing, didn't have time to get to the dyno as VP was recalling their race gas and I wanted it maped for that and pump gas.
On the track, I had a huge flat spot in the power, once on the dyno it showed an actual drop in HP through that range. Dyno fixed all that...

Post a reply to: Dynojet power commander advice

The Latest