Dylan Ferrandis Throwing Shade at Justin Cooper?

Edited Date/Time 1/11/2020 5:25am
Has anyone heard anything on the post race interview that Dylan Ferrandis did with the French reporter saying how bummed he was for letting Justin Cooper beat him when he can’t even ride SX and dodges the whoops at the practice track? Donn Maeda talked a little about it on his Swapmoto pod.
|
Janus9
1/9/2020 12:06pm
Cooper winning the mental game. Forkner and Ferrandis need to worry more about themselves.

The Shop

Red Crawford
1/9/2020 12:12pm
Guys from Long Island are a bit salty.
Guys from France are a bit salty.
Salt fights happen, from time to time. 😄
MZ193
1/9/2020 12:14pm
Remember the guy is french😂😂😂
Anyway we will see during the season!
Last year coop stepped up a lot and improved his skills and race results!
Excited!
1/9/2020 12:17pm
I suspect there's still some animosity after Ironman last year and DF14 comments about "not having teammate help" after Cooper let AC by without making a fuss about it, even though the team was adamant that they had no team orders.
hamncheeze
1/9/2020 12:17pm
Ferrandis also said during the outdoors last year that he felt Cooper raced harder against him than Copper raced against AC. Pretty clear there is no love lost between the two of them. Once Forkner has grenaded himself out of this series we are going to witness some Star on Star aggression to settle the title.
Question
1/9/2020 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2020 12:30pm
I don't think he said that at all (unless there is another interview you can post).

Here he basically told that he is mad, disappointed, because at the practice track he is faster so he should be able to win and that is what he want to do at St Louis.

I don't think there is a controversy (yet, as all those 3 riders are pretty agressive on the track)

The thread title can be changed, adding a question mark for instance Wink

Here you can see the video (i tried to embed it but i can't):

https://moto-station.com/moto-verte/mx-sx/dylan-ferrandis-rien-de-grave…
crowe176
1/9/2020 12:30pm
Dylan is a passionate kid who wants to win bad. That’s probably all that needs to be said.
CivBars
1/9/2020 12:51pm
When does Dylan take a page out of Jeremy Martin's book and pit out of an EZ Up? Cooper Webb... Justin Cooper... Something about that C word...
1/9/2020 12:55pm
Question wrote:
I don't think he said that at all (unless there is another interview you can post). Here he basically told that he is mad, disappointed, because...
I don't think he said that at all (unless there is another interview you can post).

Here he basically told that he is mad, disappointed, because at the practice track he is faster so he should be able to win and that is what he want to do at St Louis.

I don't think there is a controversy (yet, as all those 3 riders are pretty agressive on the track)

Maybe that’s the interview, maybe not. I don’t speak French so who knows.

But yes it was meant to be a question, question so I need to put a question mark after my question so no one else questions my original question. Apologies.
jo2910
1/9/2020 12:56pm
In that video nothing controversial. He just says Cooper got the jump on him at the start and squeeze but he says that like any other rider would have done the same. Nothing about the test track of being faster than him. Could be a video on lebigusa but requires a subscription.

All in all listening to him you can hear a rider that believes he should win and being the champ and in his last year in 250 is a must have attitude.
DPR250R
1/9/2020 1:08pm
Question wrote:
I don't think he said that at all (unless there is another interview you can post). Here he basically told that he is mad, disappointed, because...

I would agree the Ferrandis seems faster but I think Cooper has him beat off the gate to the first turn. Hope it leads to some great racing!!
1/9/2020 1:16pm
jo2910 wrote:
In that video nothing controversial. He just says Cooper got the jump on him at the start and squeeze but he says that like any other...
In that video nothing controversial. He just says Cooper got the jump on him at the start and squeeze but he says that like any other rider would have done the same. Nothing about the test track of being faster than him. Could be a video on lebigusa but requires a subscription.

All in all listening to him you can hear a rider that believes he should win and being the champ and in his last year in 250 is a must have attitude.
Yea Donn said it was on Lebigusa.
1/9/2020 1:17pm
Question wrote:

Well that is not the interview buddy.

Swapmoto is talking about the interview made on Lebigusa.com where Dylan said ironically: «  Yes Yes i am really happy to be beaten by my teammate who doesn’t know how to ride a Supercross track, who has no speed on the Yamaha track and who is going backward in the whoops... »

But to Defend Dylan he is from the south of France and in the south of France we often overreact/exaggerate and use hyperbole to explain something.

Also, Vuillemin said the same thing a month ago on the same website, Dylan is the fastest at the Yamaha track.

But as we all know practice and race day are two different thing.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
1/9/2020 1:29pm
Omg those guys are Supercross racers and not participants in a reality show where you have to get people to call in for you.
aeffertz
1/9/2020 1:38pm
Well that is not the interview buddy. Swapmoto is talking about the interview made on Lebigusa.com where Dylan said ironically: «  Yes Yes i am really...

Swapmoto is talking about the interview made on Lebigusa.com where Dylan said ironically: «  Yes Yes i am really happy to be beaten by my teammate who doesn’t know how to ride a Supercross track, who has no speed on the Yamaha track and who is going backward in the whoops... »

But to Defend Dylan he is from the south of France and in the south of France we often overreact/exaggerate and use hyperbole to explain something.

Also, Vuillemin said the same thing a month ago on the same website, Dylan is the fastest at the Yamaha track.

Yeah but if we take everything out of context it looks like there is another RIVALRY IN THE PITS!!!!
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1724th
1/9/2020 1:44pm
Well that is not the interview buddy. Swapmoto is talking about the interview made on Lebigusa.com where Dylan said ironically: «  Yes Yes i am really...

Thought it was rad when DF flipped off those clowns outdoors, made me a fan...BUT saying that about Cooper?

Maybe he should work on starts and not winning practice.

“...doesn’t know how to ride a supercross track...”

Our lie dectector tests have determined that is a lie...

I’m sure it’s frustration with himself not getting the results he’s capable of, still lame.
GODZILLA
1/9/2020 1:55pm
These two don't like each other much, nothing new.
Question
1/9/2020 2:09pm
Question wrote:

kjquinn33 wrote:
Maybe that’s the interview, maybe not. I don’t speak French so who knows. But yes it was meant to be a question, question so I need...
Maybe that’s the interview, maybe not. I don’t speak French so who knows.

But yes it was meant to be a question, question so I need to put a question mark after my question so no one else questions my original question. Apologies.
Thanks for the question mark, that is cool.

I am not on lebigusa, it is a great site but i don't like to subscribe at anything although i will on the new version of motoverte.com as what they propose, all the magazines archive since 1974, is really sweet for $3 a month.

Back to Ferrandis, really my bad if he said something a bit over the line, and also my bad because the video i posted is not this one, i have no clue where i heard what he said (swap postrace interview probably), and as other members said, it is typical from the marseille region to exagerate when they explain something. I am pretty sure Ferrandis knows Cooper is fast as they battled multiple times outdoor and he just got beat indoor. If Ferrandis wants this title, he also really needs starts as both Forkner and Cooper are great on that and playing catch up with them may not work really often.
1/9/2020 2:16pm
What Dylan said in typical french style in this interview just means hes mad about himself. Nothing more.
Ingjr1
1/9/2020 2:25pm
CivBars wrote:
When does Dylan take a page out of Jeremy Martin's book and pit out of an EZ Up? Cooper Webb... Justin Cooper... Something about that C...
When does Dylan take a page out of Jeremy Martin's book and pit out of an EZ Up? Cooper Webb... Justin Cooper... Something about that C word...
Yep, their both winners.
GODZILLA
1/9/2020 3:46pm
What Dylan said in typical french style in this interview just means hes mad about himself. Nothing more.
And the marmot is folding the aluminium foil.
Tongue
Press516
Fantasy
126th
1/9/2020 3:47pm
It's going to be good.... And that is all that matters.
1/9/2020 3:59pm

UGOTBIT wrote:
Thought it was rad when DF flipped off those clowns outdoors, made me a fan...BUT saying that about Cooper? Maybe he should work on starts and...
Thought it was rad when DF flipped off those clowns outdoors, made me a fan...BUT saying that about Cooper?

Maybe he should work on starts and not winning practice.

“...doesn’t know how to ride a supercross track...”

Our lie dectector tests have determined that is a lie...

I’m sure it’s frustration with himself not getting the results he’s capable of, still lame.
Once again it is just our way to speak in the south of France, it is just an hyperbole to say he is faster than cooper on a daily basis so he should be winning and he is not happy at all with a second place behind the theammate he beats at the yamaha track every day.

Of course Cooper knows how to ride an SX track and i truly believe he will be a threat indoors and outdoors this year so don't take his words for granted it is just a way to speak down here.
CivBars
1/9/2020 4:27pm
CivBars wrote:
When does Dylan take a page out of Jeremy Martin's book and pit out of an EZ Up? Cooper Webb... Justin Cooper... Something about that C...
Ingjr1 wrote:
Yep, their both winners.
*They're

*Wieners

Laughing

Post a reply to: Dylan Ferrandis Throwing Shade at Justin Cooper?

The Latest