Dutch team setup

Related:
Create New Tag

9/25/2016 8:51 AM

I don't know if anyone is talking About this but it was a huge mistake for them to put herlings as the mx3 rider. Coldenhoff was fully capable of a top 3 in moto 2 which is the least stacked moto and herlings was a threat to win any moto regardless

|

9/25/2016 9:08 AM

Good point. Herlings was the top individual out of all 3 classes so it probably would have been a better move. Hard to say for sure, Coldenhoff could have got beat by Tonus and Paulin and been in the same place in Open.

|

9/25/2016 9:37 AM

Coldenhoff just lacked fitness. If he could ride that pace the whole moto he would be top 3 in all. He dropped every lap a little bit and after half way he was just done and tired.

|

9/25/2016 9:40 AM

They did the right thing.
Coldenhoff had much more time to recover between motos. And it doesn`t matter if you win your class. Your race position counts, not your position in your class.

|

9/25/2016 9:40 AM

The Hoff got the mxgp spot because he was in there all year Jeffrey decided late to join the party on the 450 thats all

|

9/25/2016 9:47 AM

kongols wrote:

They did the right thing.
Coldenhoff had much more time to recover between motos. And it doesn`t matter if you win your class. Your race position counts, not your position in your class.

Yeah. That is my whole point. His best opportunity for a podium moto was in 2

|

9/25/2016 9:54 AM

Bullshit coldenhoff wasnt strong enough...both moto's good starts but couldnt hold the pace....and bogers can do way better then he did...

|

9/25/2016 9:56 AM

kongols wrote:

They did the right thing.
Coldenhoff had much more time to recover between motos. And it doesn`t matter if you win your class. Your race position counts, not your position in your class.

Sodipop wrote:

Yeah. That is my whole point. His best opportunity for a podium moto was in 2

Ok, but I totally disagree. They threw away worst mx2 result and if Coldenhoff would have to race moto2 and moto3, I doubt he would`ve gotten such high results.

|

9/25/2016 10:37 AM

This is just a bunch of what ifs. He could have totally tanked it that second moto if he would have done that instead, we will never know. Kongols also has a great point with the rest. In the end, this was a team that hoped for a podium on a good day, and they got second. Coldenhoff was way better than expected. Like Fiar said, I also expected a bit more out of Bogers. Anyway I think they did more than anyone expected out of them today.

|

9/25/2016 11:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2016 11:24 AM

I expected Bogers to do a little better, he seemed to have cracked a bit under pressure. Aside from him, Herlings and Coldenhoff rode exactly as I expected. Herlings obviously needs some getting used to closer racing, as he obviously was the fastest man on track the first moto but seemed uncomfortable with Andersons aggesive (&solid) defensive riding. I think the dutch will be podium contenders for the next coming years. Pootjes and Vaessen will most likely continue to grow/improve adding to the selectionpool.

|

9/25/2016 11:31 AM

cookies wrote:

I expected Bogers to do a little better, he seemed to have cracked a bit under pressure. Aside from him, Herlings and Coldenhoff rode exactly as I expected. Herlings obviously needs some getting used to closer racing, as he obviously was the fastest man on track the first moto but seemed uncomfortable with Andersons aggesive (&solid) defensive riding. I think the dutch will be podium contenders for the next coming years. Pootjes and Vaessen will most likely continue to grow/improve adding to the selectionpool.

I agree that the Netherlands have a bright future at this event. I would throw Dankers to list of names that will be there in a couple of years.

|

9/25/2016 1:45 PM

cookies wrote:

I expected Bogers to do a little better, he seemed to have cracked a bit under pressure. Aside from him, Herlings and Coldenhoff rode exactly as I expected. Herlings obviously needs some getting used to closer racing, as he obviously was the fastest man on track the first moto but seemed uncomfortable with Andersons aggesive (&solid) defensive riding. I think the dutch will be podium contenders for the next coming years. Pootjes and Vaessen will most likely continue to grow/improve adding to the selectionpool.

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

I agree that the Netherlands have a bright future at this event. I would throw Dankers to list of names that will be there in a couple of years.

Throw Vlaanderen in there aswell

|