Dunlop mx53 front

MX915
6/14/2021 9:31am
stax199 wrote:
i love the set up.. my tracks are soft in AM and then get hard and choppy by mid day... the mx53 front is great i...
i love the set up.. my tracks are soft in AM and then get hard and choppy by mid day... the mx53 front is great i dont notice any issues . I feel the mx53 front is very predictable where my 33 front was not... mx33 in rear doing the job all day long!!
Cool good to hear. Yeah i’m riding E-town and Field of Dreams and although it can be soft on top its a hard base. Hard flat corners with loose stuff on top is where i feel like the 33 is all over the place. Thanks for the feedback.
stax199
6/14/2021 9:44am
stax199 wrote:
i love the set up.. my tracks are soft in AM and then get hard and choppy by mid day... the mx53 front is great i...
i love the set up.. my tracks are soft in AM and then get hard and choppy by mid day... the mx53 front is great i dont notice any issues . I feel the mx53 front is very predictable where my 33 front was not... mx33 in rear doing the job all day long!!
MX915 wrote:
Cool good to hear. Yeah i’m riding E-town and Field of Dreams and although it can be soft on top its a hard base. Hard flat...
Cool good to hear. Yeah i’m riding E-town and Field of Dreams and although it can be soft on top its a hard base. Hard flat corners with loose stuff on top is where i feel like the 33 is all over the place. Thanks for the feedback.
exactly same here.. the MX53 seemed to grip and when it did slip you knew when and where!!
6/14/2021 10:55am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2021 10:56am
Absolutely love the 53 front, rear is good too for blue groove afternoon riding. Just lean over and carve any turn you want, blue groove, sand, intermediate etc. The front is incredible! Only way it could be better is if it were lighter and made in America, lol!
FZ1426
7/7/2021 10:24am
You realize the MX53 front is a directional tire, right?

The Shop

Yeti831
7/7/2021 10:39am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2021 10:53am
stax199 wrote:
MX915 wrote:
Cool good to hear. Yeah i’m riding E-town and Field of Dreams and although it can be soft on top its a hard base. Hard flat...
stax199 wrote:
exactly same here.. the MX53 seemed to grip and when it did slip you knew when and where!!
That’s the thing people don’t get.

It’s not that it’s the “best” all around tire (even though imo it is), but it’s easily one of the most predictable. You said it perfectly. You know what it’s going to do, when and where it will do it.

I like the 33 rear, but not a fan of the front. Very indecisive on soft entry/exit, but carries the mid corner great. It’s a weird ass experience and I’ve tried everything from 12-14psi.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
7/7/2021 10:40am
brimx153 wrote:
Try 10 psi in the front . Imo 10 psi on a mx 53 front is like 15psi on a Michelin . I dont have any...
Try 10 psi in the front . Imo 10 psi on a mx 53 front is like 15psi on a Michelin . I dont have any problems with flat s at 10 psi . And ride rocky hard pack mostly
Airing down is my go to fix for anything Dunlop. Their tires by far have the stiffest carcasses I’ve tried.
TSCHAM101
7/7/2021 10:45am
MX915 wrote:
stax199 wrote:
Yeti831 wrote:
That’s the thing people don’t get. It’s not that it’s the “best” all around tire (even though imo it is), but it’s easily one of the...

It’s not that it’s the “best” all around tire (even though imo it is), but it’s easily one of the most predictable. You said it perfectly. You know what it’s going to do, when and where it will do it.

I like the 33 rear, but not a fan of the front. Very indecisive on soft entry/exit, but carries the mid corner great. It’s a weird ass experience and I’ve tried everything from 12-14psi.
I have the same experience with the Dunlop MX33 front.. wants to wash until you get into a rut, then the thing hooks like velcro..

I tried running the MX 32 Mid Hard Front, and overall i think its a great tire, the issue is it doesnt shed quick enough.. for instance when the track gets watered the top layer of dirt sticks and makes it want to wash out.. but towards the end of the day when the track no longer gets watered.. its really hard to beat..

That being said, Perris has been getting ripped about a foot deep lately, been riding there alot lately, and just switched to the MX 32 mid soft front.. It used to be my favorite tire on my 450, but havent run it for about 2 years.. got a good deal on a bunch MX3s's that i found..

ill report back with how it goes..
MX915
7/7/2021 2:50pm
Yeti831 wrote:
That’s the thing people don’t get. It’s not that it’s the “best” all around tire (even though imo it is), but it’s easily one of the...

FWIW last ride day I brought the 53 and the 33 so I could try back to back. I didn't realize how unstable the 33 was until I was able to ride them one after the other. The 33 would just slide away at will where the 53 was confidence inspiring and stable. And when it did want to wash, you it happened slowly and you could feel it coming instead of the hero to zero with the 33. Ran both at 13.5 PSI.

I’m a believer…
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
7/7/2021 2:55pm
MX3S was best front tire I ever ran, MX33 is good but not as good.
Dirtfighter
7/7/2021 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2021 2:57pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Other than the 3s I am really not a huge fan of Dunlops. Granted I ride hardpack 3-5 times a year at most.
TeamGreen wrote:
What do you guys run out in FL?
Mx12 rear 33 front for Moto. Not sure in the trails.

Post a reply to: Dunlop mx53 front

The Latest