Dunlop MX31, MX32, M3S garbage!

7/1/2016 8:46pm
I've used all the Dunlop fronts, if there is one firm piece of ground on the track the side knobs get torn off, it's just not-on, I've had it, you pay good money for an expected quality product and this happens in your first ride. I cry putting one-ride old tires in the bin :-(

I don't want to hear crap about 'you pay the price for premium traction' they aren't any better than other brands soft terrain tyres.

If you aren't tearing off your MX32 knobs, you just aint riding fast enough through the corners. The pro's get their 'special' tires. Bring back the old American made K139 :-(

Because Dunlop have laid this crap on me, I'll never use any Dunlop again!

Rant over, thankyou.
|
fox1nz
7/1/2016 9:00pm
Use a Pirelli MX32 front
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
7/1/2016 9:39pm
Bridgestone X30 fronts are a good tire as well. I really like the AT81 front on my Moto bike and MX32 rear.
BobPA
7/1/2016 9:47pm
I got a free 32 for the front a few weeks ago. 6-7 rides later and the side knobs are just flying off...and the ones that are not gone and cracking off.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
7/1/2016 9:50pm
langhammx wrote:
Bridgestone X30 fronts are a good tire as well. I really like the AT81 front on my Moto bike and MX32 rear.
I agree, been very happy with Bridgestone tires on my ride.

The Shop

mmcmx
7/2/2016 2:28am
They are awesome, when used in the terrain they are designed for of course.
Sadly, in the hardpack I ride usually the front MX 32 is useless. But the MX52 is too dirttrackish and doesn't work well with ruts so no dunlops on the front here. Pirelli 32 for me, Michelins MS where good too don't know about the new ones.
kijen
7/2/2016 2:45am
A few ywars ago at mini o's, I told their rep the same story, all their models would tear off knobs, and this is Fl, mostly sand. His reply was he never had an issue with their riders. Yeah whatever,

We just use the motosport tires now, for us just as good performance and way cheaper.
Matt Wozney
7/2/2016 3:35am
Give GoldenTyre a try. Hearing a lot of good things about them recently.
HenryA
7/2/2016 4:10am
Try the "new" Michelin starcross 5!
suzook241
7/2/2016 4:20am
Run no less than 13psi in the front... The trailer nob tends to grab if under inflated.
tempura
7/2/2016 4:22am
Yep, Dunlop are overrated, reason being, people watch the pro riding on them and praising them in their podium speeches for "hooking up".. But the reality is, their Dunlop tires aren't the same as the ones sold at the store or online shop, heck they aren't even made in the same country... lol
EEE299
7/2/2016 4:33am
I've used all the Dunlop fronts, if there is one firm piece of ground on the track the side knobs get torn off, it's just not-on...
I've used all the Dunlop fronts, if there is one firm piece of ground on the track the side knobs get torn off, it's just not-on, I've had it, you pay good money for an expected quality product and this happens in your first ride. I cry putting one-ride old tires in the bin :-(

I don't want to hear crap about 'you pay the price for premium traction' they aren't any better than other brands soft terrain tyres.

If you aren't tearing off your MX32 knobs, you just aint riding fast enough through the corners. The pro's get their 'special' tires. Bring back the old American made K139 :-(

Rant over, thankyou.
I believe it was said recently that isn't true anymore? I could be wrong but I remember hearing that somewhere...

I've never shredded a dunlop in sand, but I think I've shredded every front (mainly run soft terrain tires) on hard pack within a few hours. I ride sand usually so when it happens I just change tires.
7/2/2016 5:10am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2016 5:10am
You're riding on the wrong terrain with those MX32's... Here in Holland in the sand the knobs will NEVER get ripped off your MX32. Even if you're fast. On harder terrain you should use the MX52's.... It's not Dunlops fault you're using their product on the wrong terrain.
7/2/2016 5:42am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2016 5:43am
You're riding on the wrong terrain with those MX32's... Here in Holland in the sand the knobs will NEVER get ripped off your MX32. Even if...
You're riding on the wrong terrain with those MX32's... Here in Holland in the sand the knobs will NEVER get ripped off your MX32. Even if you're fast. On harder terrain you should use the MX52's.... It's not Dunlops fault you're using their product on the wrong terrain.
Well nearly every sand track here seems to have at least a mid to firm corner or two, the soft terrain tires from other brands work just as good in the sand but don't fall apart in the firmer parts; you are lucky, keep using them in the sand where there isn't enough strain on the poor quality tire to make it fall apart.

Dunlop should give a refund to all users from other countries.
tempura
7/2/2016 6:01am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2016 7:43am
I've used all the Dunlop fronts, if there is one firm piece of ground on the track the side knobs get torn off, it's just not-on...

Rant over, thankyou.
EEE299 wrote:
I believe it was said recently that isn't true anymore? I could be wrong but I remember hearing that somewhere... I've never shredded a dunlop in...
I believe it was said recently that isn't true anymore? I could be wrong but I remember hearing that somewhere...

I've never shredded a dunlop in sand, but I think I've shredded every front (mainly run soft terrain tires) on hard pack within a few hours. I ride sand usually so when it happens I just change tires.
Are you saying Dunlop tires sold to the general public are the same as the ones being used by the pros?
Unless there's been a very recent turnaround, it's not so. The dunlops that pro riders have access to are made in Japan, everyone else gets the made in Indonesia version if I remember correctly.
murph783
7/2/2016 6:15am
I've had pretty good luck with the 32's. They hook up pretty well everywhere, and the only time I've really chunked knobs was riding with an already sort of old one on a blue groove hard pack track. Ran pirellis for years until I got a few in a row that just destroyed every side knob within the fist few motos. Dunlop for me ever since
Whip
Fantasy
3218th
7/2/2016 6:36am
Give GoldenTyre a try. Hearing a lot of good things about them recently.
That's not what Anstie said last year. The Dixon team were sponsored by Goldentyre but he was running Pirellis.

When asked what he thought about Goldentyre he said "They're good for practice starts."
richter28
Fantasy
260th
7/2/2016 7:16am
14 lbs of air will even that out
bvm111
7/2/2016 7:26am
Another vote for Bridgstsone X30s! Both front amd rear hook up well amd have lasted.... Not as long as the 403/404 but what really does?
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
7/2/2016 7:45am
fox1nz wrote:
Use a Pirelli MX32 front
I have been using Pirelli tires for awhile. I haven't recieved a sing'e "bad" tire and they hold up great. My home track doesn't get ripped much during the week and gets blue grooved. I need tires that will last for a few weeks and Pirelli's do.
7/3/2016 4:50am
I guess this proves I am not riding fast enough. Not that it's a surprise or anything...
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
7/3/2016 4:58am
We have experienced some broken knobs. Does seem to happen when I let the track get the ole blue grove. I take in to account that I am running 32's! It isn't a hard pack tire but it works, just wears faster.

The Dunlop 32 works for us, I may try a Pirelli but the others just haven't worked anywhere close to the Dunlops performance!
7/3/2016 7:17am
Dunplops haven't ran one since the days of the 756 switched to the kenda washougals running those since definitely last longer than the Duncraps ever did especially now that the are made in Indonesia.
BobPA
7/3/2016 9:26am

Rant over, thankyou.
The Kenda washougal front may take the cake as the worst tire I have used.
cmotodad
7/3/2016 9:35am
We have chunked side knobs off Pirellis too. As we all know. tires wear out. Think about what that tire is doing and you realize why they wear and even chunk. Some last longer and don't bite as well, others wear faster and grip better. JMO
Uncle Tony
7/3/2016 10:00am
I've run Dunlop MX32's on my 125 yz and my 500 kx and never had a problem with the knobs ripping off, what are you guys washing your bikes with? Maybe that has something to do with it, who knows
7/3/2016 11:04am
Derp. Run your tires on surfaces they aren't designed for then complained when they shed knobs. Derp
BobPA
7/3/2016 11:23am

Rant over, thankyou.
Herp. I ride soft loam with rock mixed in, and river dirt (topsoil) that you can literally not find a rock. Derp.

Nice try on being a condescending douche though.
Schenk829
7/3/2016 12:49pm
The new Starcross 5s are awesome, especially if your trying to race on a fixed income!!
MotoGuido
7/3/2016 12:53pm
I have some of the race spec ones (that I'm not supposed to have..) anyway I wasn't impressed with them either.

Raced with them at Mammoth didn't feel like they worked well.

The Bridgestone X30 tires worked really well at southern California tracks. Really impressed with those tires.

I have a brand new take off MX52 front if anyone wants it.
WVUpetro2013
7/3/2016 3:37pm
Been running the Starcross 5 medium and have only positive things to say. And if you get a front and back now you can get a free set of eks goggles thru pulpmx. I ordered mine a week before that promo Angry

Post a reply to: Dunlop MX31, MX32, M3S garbage!

The Latest