Dungeys chances at championship

neyhart98dad
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 1:53pm
What realistically are Dungeys chances of winning this title?

The way I see it Dungey would have to win both motos at Pala and Villipoto would have to finish outside top ten both motos,I just dont see it happening this year for Dungey.I wish it wasnt so,but I dont see how he can do it this year.
|
njracer46
9/5/2011 8:48pm
Anything can happen in motor sports. Mechanicals, crashes, ect. Nothing is guaranteed until its over
gsxr6
9/5/2011 8:48pm
maybe a rider on a ktm takes rv out in the first moto. whoooops wink wink
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/5/2011 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2011 8:54pm
If I was Dungey I would take a shot at RV, it would be payback for RVs take out move in SX.
9/5/2011 8:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2011 8:56pm
What realistically are Dungeys chances of winning this title? The way I see it Dungey would have to win both motos at Pala and Villipoto would...
What realistically are Dungeys chances of winning this title?

The way I see it Dungey would have to win both motos at Pala and Villipoto would have to finish outside top ten both motos,I just dont see it happening this year for Dungey.I wish it wasnt so,but I dont see how he can do it this year.
Dungey needs 14 points. If RV was outside the top ten and RD won in the first moto that puts RD into the lead going into the final moto.

Edit: jmclennan41 beat me to it!

The Shop

jndmx
9/5/2011 8:54pm
njracer46 wrote:
Anything can happen in motor sports. Mechanicals, crashes, ect. Nothing is guaranteed until its over
This right here.

Remember how far back Trey was on Pourcel.....all that went out the window when CP crashed.
MXR
9/5/2011 8:55pm
I think RV will put the hammer down and go 1-1 next week .
Ddavis
9/5/2011 8:55pm
If Dungey wins both Moros Rv would need to go 5-5 for RD to win I believe or RV DNF a moto
gsxr6
9/5/2011 8:58pm
rd should play it classy. a teammate should take rv out. besides even if hes mad im sure dungey could kick his gimpy midget ass anyways.lol
MXerDW
9/5/2011 8:58pm
If RD wins both motos that is 50 points
So RV would need to earn 36 points to win the championship.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
9/5/2011 9:03pm
Only if RV has a big problem. He can let Dungey win. If he could lock it up in moto one, then maybe push hard to do that, otherwise worry about the war, not the battle.
9/5/2011 9:08pm
MXR wrote:
I think RV will put the hammer down and go 1-1 next week .
I think Dungey's gonna crush RV like Godzilla vs. Tokyo.
9/5/2011 9:12pm
hartebreak wrote:
Poto hasnt had his bad luck race yet.....
Red Bud wasn't so hot for him. He could have more bad "luck" though.

I feel bad for thinking this but still..... Evil
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
9/5/2011 9:16pm
Ddavis wrote:
If Dungey wins both Moros Rv would need to go 5-5 for RD to win I believe or RV DNF a moto
If RV goes 4-4 they're tied (50 vs 36 points)....would RV have won more rounds and win on a count back?
gsxr6
9/5/2011 9:16pm
they all know freestone is the thirstiest track. dungey could have managed that lead and saved some fuel it was a rookie move. lil less throttle wouldve been a lil more fuel man
gsxr6
9/5/2011 9:17pm
huge dungey fan here btw
9/5/2011 9:19pm
I don't know if this is any advantage/disadvantage to either rider but RV has never raced this national before but I'm thinking he will come through
kongols
9/5/2011 9:59pm
MXerDW wrote:
If RD wins both motos that is 50 points
So RV would need to earn 36 points to win the championship.
If RD wins both motos , RV needs 37 points to win championship.
sharkey
9/5/2011 10:09pm
hartebreak wrote:
Poto hasnt had his bad luck race yet.....
you mean mechanical problem right? because he did crash at one race and come from last to 14th
DownSouth
9/5/2011 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2011 10:21pm
Ddavis wrote:
TheWeapon wrote:
If RV goes 4-4 they're tied (50 vs 36 points)....would RV have won more rounds and win on a count back?
If Dungey goes 1-1 and RV 4-4 and they tie Dungey wins the title based on 4 overall wins to only 3 for RV. Someone earlier said that it goes by moto wins but I always thought it was overalls.

This is the rulebook paragraph. It does not seem to clearly specify if "race" wins means overall or motos but it does use "final moto" finish as the final tiebreaker which leads me to believe that "race win" means overall win with the way they use the terminology.

b. In the event of a tie for the championship, the winner will be
determined based on the number of race wins during the series. If
the tie remains, the number of finishes of second, third, etc., will be
tallied until the tie is broken. If the tie continues to remain, the final
moto finish at the last event will determine the champion.
9/5/2011 10:20pm
DownSouth wrote:
If Dungey goes 1-1 and RV 4-4 and they tie Dungey wins the title based on 4 overall wins to only 3 for RV. Someone earlier...
If Dungey goes 1-1 and RV 4-4 and they tie Dungey wins the title based on 4 overall wins to only 3 for RV. Someone earlier said that it goes by moto wins but I always thought it was overalls.

This is the rulebook paragraph. It does not seem to clearly specify if "race" wins means overall or motos but it does use "final moto" finish as the final tiebreaker which leads me to believe that "race win" means overall win with the way they use the terminology.

moto finish at the last event will determine the champion.
Good info, but look closer.

moto finish at the last event will determine the champion - Ryan Dungey.

See?
kongols
9/5/2011 10:32pm
Good info, but look closer. b. In the event of a tie for the championship, the winner will be determined based on the number of race...
Good info, but look closer.

moto finish at the last event will determine the champion - Ryan Dungey.

See?
Dungey would have 4 race wins to RV`s 3, so no need to dig deeper.
9/5/2011 10:39pm
kongols wrote:
Dungey would have 4 race wins to RV`s 3, so no need to dig deeper.
Ugh, c'mon Kongols it clearly says Dungey will be determined the champion.
jeffro503
9/5/2011 11:00pm
What is all this "take out" bullshit talk? Fucking win the title with your speed. Winning a title on some shit bag dirty move isn't going to win RD any fans.....in fact it would be a shit storm.

Let them race.....and let the cards fall where they may. Fucking cheap shot artists!
kongols
9/5/2011 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2011 11:53pm
jeffro503 wrote:
What is all this "take out" bullshit talk? Fucking win the title with your speed. Winning a title on some shit bag dirty move isn't going...
What is all this "take out" bullshit talk? Fucking win the title with your speed. Winning a title on some shit bag dirty move isn't going to win RD any fans.....in fact it would be a shit storm.

Let them race.....and let the cards fall where they may. Fucking cheap shot artists!
9/6/2011 12:30am
jeffro503 wrote:
What is all this "take out" bullshit talk? Fucking win the title with your speed. Winning a title on some shit bag dirty move isn't going...

RV didn't lose you as a fan after he pulled the move in the video above did he?Whistling
9/6/2011 12:43am
jeffro503 wrote:

kongols wrote:
Ha ha ha....good one!
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
9/6/2011 1:01am
lostboy819 wrote:
If I was Dungey I would take a shot at RV, it would be payback for RVs take out move in SX.
He didn't need revenge. 2 laps later Villopoto had one of the most brutal crashes I've ever seen and took himself out of the series.
jeffro503
9/6/2011 1:04am
jeffro503 wrote:

RV didn't lose you as a fan after he pulled the move in the video above did he?:whistle:
RV didn't lose you as a fan after he pulled the move in the video above did he?Whistling
I'm a fan of both riders actually. So you geniuses think RD is going to put RV on the ground for something that happened 6 months ago? That move by RV was aggressive as hell , but who is to say he meant to take anyone out? In the heat of the moment things can get crazy. You dummies are saying RD should plan this take out well in advance....there is a difference. Nothing wrong with bangin' some bars and getting aggressive , but take out's are for fuggin' pussies. They all do it every now and then.....but you don't see or hear about it to often when there is a championship on the line. If you're smart and understand the reason why , maybe you guys can figure it out.
kongols
9/6/2011 1:16am
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm a fan of both riders actually. So you geniuses think RD is going to put RV on the ground for something that happened 6 months...
I'm a fan of both riders actually. So you geniuses think RD is going to put RV on the ground for something that happened 6 months ago? That move by RV was aggressive as hell , but who is to say he meant to take anyone out? In the heat of the moment things can get crazy. You dummies are saying RD should plan this take out well in advance....there is a difference. Nothing wrong with bangin' some bars and getting aggressive , but take out's are for fuggin' pussies. They all do it every now and then.....but you don't see or hear about it to often when there is a championship on the line. If you're smart and understand the reason why , maybe you guys can figure it out.
But there was a championship on a line. RV was 12 points down with 4 rounds to go. If that`s not championship on a line I don`t know what is.

Post a reply to: Dungeys chances at championship

The Latest