Dungey's Mindset

Right now Dungey and KTM look like geniuses because they played it safe and Tomac made the mistake(s) they were counting on. But the fact still remains that Dungey blew a 30 point lead and almost gave this title up, and has yet to beat Tomac straight up this year, and I don't think he can beat Marv straight up right now.

So my question is; is Dungey worried going into the outdoors? Obviously he could plan to play it smart and hope it pays off like it has this SX season, but IMO the only way he isn't a little worried is if he catches, passes and drops Tomac at Vegas. Dungey has not been the same guy this year I think we can all agree on that.
|
bsharkey
4/30/2017 1:49pm
He could just retire this year or even after SX if he wants too .he's accomplished a lot of stuff and he's been relatively injury-free his whole career. I wonder how some of these guys will be later in life with all the injuries they've had and surgeries it has to take a toll on your body when you get older.
Motoxdoc
4/30/2017 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2017 2:27pm
Focus on my craft, skills and abilities during the week so I can minimize the calculated risks on the weekends. Race fast enough to get on the podium and win once in a while. Collect enough points to get the title....done!
4/30/2017 2:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2017 2:39pm
If I were Dungey, I'd retire next Saturday at 10 P.M (PDT.)
crashomatic
4/30/2017 2:37pm
Dungey can do whatever he wants......nuff said.

The Shop

Gus
4/30/2017 2:43pm
Mind on his money
4/30/2017 2:44pm
Who said anything about retirement? I just want to know what he's thinking, I can't believe that one race made it all better and now everything's roses. He has not been the same guy this year and there is another series starting in a few weeks that's right up the guy who's been waxing him week in and week out's wheel house. Not trying to take anything away from Dungey but facts are facts and he has not had Tomacs number basically all year, that can't be a reassuring thing going into the outdoors.
4/30/2017 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2017 2:54pm
Who said anything about retirement? I just want to know what he's thinking, I can't believe that one race made it all better and now everything's...
Who said anything about retirement? I just want to know what he's thinking, I can't believe that one race made it all better and now everything's roses. He has not been the same guy this year and there is another series starting in a few weeks that's right up the guy who's been waxing him week in and week out's wheel house. Not trying to take anything away from Dungey but facts are facts and he has not had Tomacs number basically all year, that can't be a reassuring thing going into the outdoors.
He's not the same guy because IMO he's ready to hang up the boots and doesn't want to risk anything. Yet he's still going into round 17 with the red plate. If he is on the gate next January I will be very, very surprised.
ledger
4/30/2017 3:24pm
I watched the post race and Dungey appears uncomfortable, I would bet money he doesn't want to win the championship per say team orders, that's not his style. I agree with you, he hasn't looked like the Dungey of past.
IWreckALot
4/30/2017 3:44pm
I noticed that Dungey wasn't going to get past Milsaps very easy. Seemed like Milsaps was fast enough to hold Dungey off longer. Also, Musquin is much faster. It really seems like Dungey's mind is on retiring healthy. And maybe his practicing has gotten a bit more lax. Decoster seemed to insinuate that Dungey's practice focus or some element of practicing wasn't what it had been.

Post a reply to: Dungey's Mindset

The Latest