Dungey's Latest Setback

Sherwood
8/29/2011 9:06pm
mccread wrote:
I agree Nerd, It could be argued that Suzuki have potentially cost Dungey both titles this year. If Ryan loses this outdoor title by just a...
I agree Nerd, It could be argued that Suzuki have potentially cost Dungey both titles this year. If Ryan loses this outdoor title by just a few points, he will not be very happy. And even RV mentioned he doesn't want to win the outdoor series due to a mechanical, he wants to beat Dungey straight up.
The Rock wrote:
Is it Suzuki's fault a rock derailed RD's chain in SX? Nerd-RE: "Instead, Dungey is still playing catch-up, and that has to be frustrating, whether he...
Is it Suzuki's fault a rock derailed RD's chain in SX?

Nerd-RE: "Instead, Dungey is still playing catch-up, and that has to be frustrating, whether he says so publicly or not." No shit Sherlock.

Personally I took away from his TV interview that RD is the consummate professional and in my book he's allowed to keep his inner feelings to himself.
It is ironic they switched sprockets....
STICKMAN
8/29/2011 9:22pm
STICKMAN wrote:
Steve, IMO changing the title of your column will avoid all the dissapointment that people feel when they learn they didn't really find out "what really...
Steve, IMO changing the title of your column will avoid all the dissapointment that people feel when they learn they didn't really find out "what really happened".

I mean that sincerely without any jabs or sarcasm.
I'm done. Thanks
Nerd wrote:
You guys are hilarious. You knew what I said to be true already. Then you deny that it's what really happened? :woohoo: I'd change the name...
You guys are hilarious. You knew what I said to be true already.

Then you deny that it's what really happened?
Woohoo

I'd change the name of the column if it was "Here's what happened that you don't know". But last I checked, that's not what it's called.

Comedy.

Don't read my stuff if you don't like it. Read that other guy. He might give you a better story, especially if you're not concerned with truth.
No denying your articles truth, just truth thats already out there. You're to late.

To release your article days after the event with that title, unless you got something new, why bother.

To me you're implying you have all the truth, the reasons, some exclusive info.......and you don't.

To me its just a rehash of whats already out there.

Now I'm doneLaughing
Nerd
8/29/2011 9:22pm
mccread wrote:
I agree Nerd, It could be argued that Suzuki have potentially cost Dungey both titles this year. If Ryan loses this outdoor title by just a...
I agree Nerd, It could be argued that Suzuki have potentially cost Dungey both titles this year. If Ryan loses this outdoor title by just a few points, he will not be very happy. And even RV mentioned he doesn't want to win the outdoor series due to a mechanical, he wants to beat Dungey straight up.
The Rock wrote:
Is it Suzuki's fault a rock derailed RD's chain in SX? Nerd-RE: "Instead, Dungey is still playing catch-up, and that has to be frustrating, whether he...

Nerd-RE: "Instead, Dungey is still playing catch-up, and that has to be frustrating, whether he says so publicly or not." No shit Sherlock.

Personally I took away from his TV interview that RD is the consummate professional and in my book he's allowed to keep his inner feelings to himself.
Sherwood wrote:
Farva, look up irony.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
8/29/2011 9:24pm
The Rock wrote:

Sherwood wrote:
Nerd wrote:
Farva, look up irony.
HA! Laughing

The Shop

Nerd
8/29/2011 9:24pm
STICKMAN wrote:
Steve, IMO changing the title of your column will avoid all the dissapointment that people feel when they learn they didn't really find out "what really...
Steve, IMO changing the title of your column will avoid all the dissapointment that people feel when they learn they didn't really find out "what really happened".

I mean that sincerely without any jabs or sarcasm.
I'm done. Thanks
Nerd wrote:
You guys are hilarious. You knew what I said to be true already. Then you deny that it's what really happened? :woohoo: I'd change the name...

Woohoo

I'd change the name of the column if it was "Here's what happened that you don't know". But last I checked, that's not what it's called.

Comedy.

Don't read my stuff if you don't like it. Read that other guy. He might give you a better story, especially if you're not concerned with truth.
STICKMAN wrote:
No denying your articles truth, just truth thats already out there. You're to late. To release your article days after the event with that title, unless...
No denying your articles truth, just truth thats already out there. You're to late.

To release your article days after the event with that title, unless you got something new, why bother.

To me you're implying you have all the truth, the reasons, some exclusive info.......and you don't.

Now I'm doneLaughing
One thing I've learned is that the truth isn't exclusive.

Maybe someday you'll learn that, too.
Wink
Sherwood
8/29/2011 9:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2011 9:27pm
The Rock wrote:

Sherwood wrote:
Nerd wrote:
Farva, look up irony.
A situation is often said to be ironic (situational irony) if the actions taken have an effect exactly opposite from what was intended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/irony
Nerd
8/29/2011 9:27pm
mccread wrote:
The Rock wrote:

Rigdon, it's almost like you miss the point on purpose. Nobody is as dense as you pretend to be. Are they?
Nerd
8/29/2011 9:29pm
Sherwood wrote:
Nerd wrote:
Farva, look up irony.
Sherwood wrote:
A situation is often said to be ironic (situational irony) if the actions taken have an effect exactly opposite from what was intended.

Which implies that they switched to stop chain derailments. But they never had any with Renthal, so that's a stupid assumption, as is you saying it's ironic.
Sherwood
8/29/2011 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2011 9:32pm
Nice try nerd, but situational irony like theotmeal says is subjective.
Sherwood
8/29/2011 9:31pm
Nerd wrote:
Farva, look up irony.
Sherwood wrote:

Nerd wrote:
Which implies that they switched to stop chain derailments. But they never had any with Renthal, so that's a stupid assumption, as is you saying it's...
Which implies that they switched to stop chain derailments. But they never had any with Renthal, so that's a stupid assumption, as is you saying it's ironic.
It all depends on the storyteller, the character and how obnoxious the listener feels like being that day.-Theotmeal
jammin76tx
8/29/2011 9:34pm
The reason you know all that crap, is because of the moto media in general. So to nitpick them about one article (Nerd, despite his haughty...
The reason you know all that crap, is because of the moto media in general.
So to nitpick them about one article (Nerd, despite his haughty demeanor) has informed us over the years. That's my only point. I don't understand the hostility to people that have basically dedicated their lives to the same sport we all love. Not to get dramatic about it, but some of these people want to attack every little thing, while spending every day lapping up moto news like it's Mountain Dew poured on Erin Bates' boobs.

The Rock
8/29/2011 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2011 10:10pm
mccread wrote:
The Rock wrote:

Nerd wrote:
Rigdon, it's almost like you miss the point on purpose. Nobody is as dense as you pretend to be. Are they?
Thank you for pointing out the obvious to us dumbshit Internet guys......I didn't realize what Dungey is going through was frustrating until you told us. Woohoo

Sherlock-Appreciate the sprocket information....wasn't aware of that.
Nerd
8/29/2011 10:11pm
The Rock wrote:

Nerd wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Thank you for pointing out the obvious to us dumbshit Internet guys......I didn't realize what Dungey is going through was frustrating until you told us. :woohoo...
Thank you for pointing out the obvious to us dumbshit Internet guys......I didn't realize what Dungey is going through was frustrating until you told us. Woohoo

Sherlock-Appreciate the sprocket information....wasn't aware of that.
You're welcome.

Your friend's mom didn't know everything half a century ago, still.
8/29/2011 10:24pm
wow, some of your need to pop that Tity out your mouth and quit crying like lil whiney babies.
8/29/2011 10:32pm
Damn guys, if you don't like Cox, don't read his shit. At least he is slowly improving and his stories are no longer about himself and his interview questions are now shorter than the answers. he's not a bad journalist, but jeez, sometimes he makes Matthes look like a Nobel Peace Prize candidate.
SoCalMX70
8/29/2011 10:35pm
Damn guys, if you don't like Cox, don't read his shit. At least he is slowly improving and his stories are no longer about himself and...
Damn guys, if you don't like Cox, don't read his shit. At least he is slowly improving and his stories are no longer about himself and his interview questions are now shorter than the answers. he's not a bad journalist, but jeez, sometimes he makes Matthes look like a Nobel Peace Prize candidate.
I don't read his shit.... but I read these hilarious threads.
wildbill
8/29/2011 10:38pm
I bet that's not the first time he's roosted his mom.

jmar
8/29/2011 10:47pm
I understand that everyone was wanting to know what happen to the bike, but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting that answer. I am sure that a good deal of people know what the problem was, but reporting something with out a direct "on the record" quote could backfire on the journalist.

Carry on Steve.

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
8/29/2011 10:49pm
I think Cox and Brooks have about an equal portion of supportive fans on here on the 'Drive. Yeah. I said 'Drive. This is more like it.
8/29/2011 10:50pm
The reason you know all that crap, is because of the moto media in general. So to nitpick them about one article (Nerd, despite his haughty...
The reason you know all that crap, is because of the moto media in general.
So to nitpick them about one article (Nerd, despite his haughty demeanor) has informed us over the years. That's my only point. I don't understand the hostility to people that have basically dedicated their lives to the same sport we all love. Not to get dramatic about it, but some of these people want to attack every little thing, while spending every day lapping up moto news like it's Mountain Dew poured on Erin Bates' boobs.
jammin76tx wrote:
[img]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/Bucky_01/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://www.pvservices.com/images/mountain-dew-liquid-explosion.jpg[/img] [img]https://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/117/122/RackMultipart.23657.0_display_image.jpg?1258563001[/img] [img]https://www.bloombars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/yes-please-live-music-local-music-washington-dc.jpg[/img]

Jammin'- you're the man.
STICKMAN
8/29/2011 11:00pm
Nerd wrote:

Woohoo

Comedy.

STICKMAN wrote:
No denying your articles truth, just truth thats already out there. You're to late. To release your article days after the event with that title, unless...

Now I'm doneLaughing
Nerd wrote:
One thing I've learned is that the truth isn't exclusive.

Maybe someday you'll learn that, too.
Wink
Thank you oh wise one, I'll get back in line. Never to question your greatness again.Wink
jmar
8/29/2011 11:02pm
I think Cox and Brooks have about an equal portion of supportive fans on here on the 'Drive. Yeah. I said 'Drive. This is more like...
I think Cox and Brooks have about an equal portion of supportive fans on here on the 'Drive. Yeah. I said 'Drive. This is more like it.
I understand, but at least wait until someone gives you good reason before you start piling on. He wrote an article just as he does every week, but he didn't say what people were on the edge of their seats wanting to hear. That's just the way it goes in this tight lipped business.
Nerd
8/29/2011 11:10pm
I think Cox and Brooks have about an equal portion of supportive fans on here on the 'Drive. Yeah. I said 'Drive. This is more like...
jmar wrote:
I understand, but at least wait until someone gives you good reason before you start piling on. He wrote an article just as he does every...
I understand, but at least wait until someone gives you good reason before you start piling on. He wrote an article just as he does every week, but he didn't say what people were on the edge of their seats wanting to hear. That's just the way it goes in this tight lipped business.
Honestly, I don't even know why it matters. What if it's the fuel pump? What if it's the CDI? What's the difference? It definitely won't happen again, whatever it was. So who gives a crap?

No matter what it was, it was preventable in hindsight. Which piece doesn't change anything whatsoever.

It's nonsense.
kong0036
8/29/2011 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2011 11:16pm
Steve really why do you bother. No matter what you say or do on this board there is always some clown trying to big note himself. The real people on this board understand and thank you for you interviews and insights. Thanks Buddy keep up the good work.

Cheers Kong
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
8/29/2011 11:17pm
jmar wrote:
I understand, but at least wait until someone gives you good reason before you start piling on. He wrote an article just as he does every...
No pile. (You'd smell that-but now that you mention it, isn't that what happens to LB?). Just something that occurred to me reading this thread.
The Rock
8/29/2011 11:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2011 11:42pm
Nerd wrote:
Hey who says I'm pretending!

Not dense just busy. Not much desk time recently.

In the immortal words of 500Guy....you can't take this Internet stuff to seriously. but after reading Instead, Dungey is still playing catch-up, and that has to be frustrating, whether he says so publicly or not." No shit Sherlock. the second time I see it now as a wrap up to the article. Didn't strike me that way first pass and why I posted.

I respectfully withdraw my No shit Sherlock.
ridge
8/30/2011 1:00am
I think a lot of us will look back, years from now, and appreciate the articles that Steve has written. I appreciate them now and I believe he writes the truth, even if the truth isn't as spectacular as I want it to be.
huck
8/30/2011 6:20am
Poor little stevie, everybody doesn't throw themselves at his feet, and he gets butt-hurt. Narcissism at it's finest!
Grieby54
8/30/2011 6:28am
kong0036 wrote:
Steve really why do you bother. No matter what you say or do on this board there is always some clown trying to big note himself...
Steve really why do you bother. No matter what you say or do on this board there is always some clown trying to big note himself. The real people on this board understand and thank you for you interviews and insights. Thanks Buddy keep up the good work.

Cheers Kong
That's just it. He doesn't provide any insight. It's like reading DDavis observations.

Post a reply to: Dungey's Latest Setback

The Latest