Dungey's KTM

ATKpilot99
Edited Date/Time 6/18/2012 10:44am
Looked as smooth as any bike could on a rough track. With the help of the Man and Dungey they have proved they are on par with any team in American motocross and this should pave the way for other top riders to sign with them.
|
newmann
6/16/2012 5:34pm
Can't believe the front end hasn't broken off, frame snapped in two or any other Kan't Take Moto shit that Carlos keeps spewing. Just sitting down to watch the race now, anybody know anything about Shorts Honda taking a dump at the finish?
jasonv43
6/16/2012 5:41pm
Dungey is cooler then the other side of the pillow. And his bike is DIALED.
Hando
6/16/2012 5:43pm
lol...he has no competition, of cours hes riding good.

and YES, he deserves everything he wins this year.

he's clearly the best of the best ..that is currently racing.
ATKpilot99
6/16/2012 6:03pm
Hando wrote:
lol...he has no competition, of cours hes riding good. and YES, he deserves everything he wins this year. he's clearly the best of the best ..that...

Obviously but there is always comments about how he looks like he's fighting the bike etc. Didn't look like that today on a rough, real motocross track.

The Shop

karnivool
6/16/2012 6:30pm
Hando wrote:
lol...he has no competition, of cours hes riding good. and YES, he deserves everything he wins this year. he's clearly the best of the best ..that...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Obviously but there is always comments about how he looks like he's fighting the bike etc. Didn't look like that today on a rough, real motocross...
Obviously but there is always comments about how he looks like he's fighting the bike etc. Didn't look like that today on a rough, real motocross track.
he looked like he was on cruise control, but he looks damn good on that bike...

i wonder how he would have done if having to give 100%(i mean chasing the yellow 7), would he have looked so smooth, he got out of sorts when dog fighting with 800 but maybe that's because you never know where 'mikey likes it'
ATKpilot99
6/16/2012 6:34pm
Hando wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Obviously but there is always comments about how he looks like he's fighting the bike etc. Didn't look like that today on a rough, real motocross...
karnivool wrote:
he looked like he was on cruise control, but he looks damn good on that bike... i wonder how he would have done if having to...

i wonder how he would have done if having to give 100%(i mean chasing the yellow 7), would he have looked so smooth, he got out of sorts when dog fighting with 800 but maybe that's because you never know where 'mikey likes it'
Good point but when they're pushing to the limits when racing against each other of course things will get more out of shape. James was definitely setting the pace before he got hurt and Dungey was trying to match it, but I think Dungey learned a thing or two from the experience.
machine
6/16/2012 6:47pm
I was watching how his suspension was working compared to the others and his bike was working awesome. He also looked like he could change lines in the middle of corners, where others couldn't
PRM31
6/16/2012 6:58pm
I was next to the track watching him and he is noticeably smoother than the others with his throttle and body movement. Where others were popping the clutch or nailing the throttle he was rolling it on and off very smoothly. Looked amazing!
dcg141
6/16/2012 8:01pm
He took any line he wanted today. Watching him behind Alessi in the second moto..using all of the track to setup his pass. He would be way off the best line and Mike could not put any time on him.
Scott167
Fantasy
255th
6/16/2012 8:18pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Good point but when they're pushing to the limits when racing against each other of course things will get more out of shape. James was definitely...
Good point but when they're pushing to the limits when racing against each other of course things will get more out of shape. James was definitely setting the pace before he got hurt and Dungey was trying to match it, but I think Dungey learned a thing or two from the experience.
without a doubt.
Faceaz
6/16/2012 8:25pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Looked as smooth as any bike could on a rough track. With the help of the Man and Dungey they have proved they are on par...
Looked as smooth as any bike could on a rough track. With the help of the Man and Dungey they have proved they are on par with any team in American motocross and this should pave the way for other top riders to sign with them.
Thought the same thing, best I've seen that bike look.
Braaap14
6/16/2012 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2012 8:54pm
front end the bike looks great. The rear still looks to behave a little abrupt. Watch the rear ends on the zooks and factory honda to compare behavior. Especially footage of stewarts bikes rear. Think hes losing a little more traction than hed like becase of it.
jeffro503
6/16/2012 9:08pm
Well......I agree he is looking good now. I was one of the guys who said the first few rounds he looked like he wasn't meshing with the bike setups all that well. But he seems to be looking a little more comfortable every week.

I had a feeling this would happen anyways....since that bike is brand new from the ground up.....they didn't have anything to work off of. I think he'll be getting faster and more comfortable every single week to.

And FWIW.....I'm glad to see KTM doing well in the states! About time we had something different than the big jap 4 bikes. Of course in the 125's Langston proved his worth on them as well.
Motodude
6/17/2012 12:28am
looking very unKTM like. The team has made big inroads.
PressPassP
6/17/2012 5:25am
He looks awesome on the bike,really smooth and dialed,they got a top guy and he's getting top results with them,I think even if Stewart was there,we'd still see Dungeys improved,I'm sure he can push harder

Proved a lot of people wrong when you look back at some of the anti-KTM threads,career down the toilet,career suicide for him,they work in Europe but not here,GayTM etc,some bold statements on something that hadn't happened yet but I'm glad he proved some people wrong
bents
Fantasy
909th
6/17/2012 6:10am
He looks ridiculously good on that thing right now. If I had the bank I would buy a 2013 KTM and wouldn't hesitate. Not sure if it would be a 2 or 4 stroke but I have become a believer.
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
6/17/2012 9:49am
Where is the guy that said he had the wrong handlebars and peg location Smile People are hilarious! Ryan and Decoster don't know how to set up a bike but this guy did.
dkg
6/17/2012 11:14am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I've noticed continual improvement each week. Bike really looked good this weekend compared to week one.
bangmyhead
6/17/2012 11:17am
I think his number of wins speaks for itself. Dude is just a great rider/racer
Paul333
6/18/2012 8:16am
Didn't MXA just test his works SX-F450 and called it one of the best works bikes they have ever ridden?

I'd say that says everything I need to know.
6/18/2012 9:22am
I predicted that it was career suicide for Dungey to go to KTM. And, that that POS would cause him to lose his confidence. And, that it would take Decoster several years to make that pile competitive. I also invested in the stock market just before it crashed.
yota
6/18/2012 10:38am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
karnivool wrote:
he looked like he was on cruise control, but he looks damn good on that bike... i wonder how he would have done if having to...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Good point but when they're pushing to the limits when racing against each other of course things will get more out of shape. James was definitely...
in a few earlier races it seemed the faster he went the better it worked.
Faceaz
6/18/2012 10:44am
karnivool wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
yota wrote:
in a few earlier races it seemed the faster he went the better it worked.
yup... It's like the set-up was too stiff when he slowed down & he was getting bucked. Either they've softened it up so he doesn't need to push as hard or they've got the bike working better in both situations. Eitherway, he & the KTM look like a great fit.

Post a reply to: Dungey's KTM

The Latest