Dungey will win a moto this weekend...

fader418
Edited Date/Time 5/23/2013 1:20pm
Stamp it! And Eli will win the overall in the 250 class....
|
lp223
5/23/2013 7:56am
He is going to let RV win now just to spite you.
dr516
5/23/2013 8:03am
No and No
peelout
5/23/2013 8:06am
wouldn't surprise me at all, Dungey is good at Lakewood.

i think RV and Kenny make it 2 for 2 again though
motosicko
5/23/2013 8:24am
It's going to take a slip up from RV, but I'm down for it.

The Shop

IWreckALot
5/23/2013 8:40am
I like it!!! Dungey and Tomac for the overall.

Roczen surprised me at Hangtown really. He didn't fade at the end of the moto at all. I kept waiting for it but it just never happened. Good for him.
5/23/2013 8:58am
I could be completely wrong (wouldnt be the first time either) but I dont think last weekend was a good indicator of where RD is speed wise. I think he is going to be a lot closer to RV the rest of the year. Of course, its not out of the question that RV wins by 20 seconds again too.
motosmith
5/23/2013 8:58am
If Dugey holeshot's and RV gets a crap start it's definitely possible. I'm not sure Dungey can beat him straight up though.
RedRum666
5/23/2013 9:04am
Shit, anything is possible this year........ Although, unless RV has a bad start I dont see it happening - Dunegy will improve, but I think RV is a few notches up on both Stewart and Dungey..... Dungey started up front and was PUSHING last week to keep up with RV's pace in both motos...He made a lot of mistakes in doing so which he doesnt usually do....Watching Dunegy make mistakes trying to pass Stewart while James rode somewhat conservative and hold off Dungey for 15 minutes while RV cruised behind both of them then passed Stewart with ease and took off to a +20 second lead that second moto must have killed Dungeys confidence..... Sure, Dungey will have his days and win some motos....but the bad luck coin goes both ways...If RV is top 3 in the first few minutes of the race, I am not sure Dungey will pull it off this week.....If RV starts up front and Dungey has to pass Stewart, Canard or Barcia to get up front.....I say even more unlikely
toroP
5/23/2013 9:05am
motosmith wrote:
If Dugey holeshot's and RV gets a crap start it's definitely possible. I'm not sure Dungey can beat him straight up though.
First, crashes aren't part of racing, and now bad starts don't count.Blink

So what is "straight up"? Tied for the hole shot, zero mistakes, and no lappers. right? (in other words, Dreamland)

I thought on the gate together was straight up.
fader418
5/23/2013 9:15am
motosmith wrote:
toroP wrote:
First, crashes aren't part of racing, and now bad starts don't count.:blink: So what is "straight up"? Tied for the hole shot, zero mistakes, and no...

So what is "straight up"? Tied for the hole shot, zero mistakes, and no lappers. right? (in other words, Dreamland)

Who is Dugey?
motosicko
5/23/2013 9:25am
RedRum666 wrote:
Shit, anything is possible this year........ Although, unless RV has a bad start I dont see it happening - Dunegy will improve, but I think RV...
Shit, anything is possible this year........ Although, unless RV has a bad start I dont see it happening - Dunegy will improve, but I think RV is a few notches up on both Stewart and Dungey..... Dungey started up front and was PUSHING last week to keep up with RV's pace in both motos...He made a lot of mistakes in doing so which he doesnt usually do....Watching Dunegy make mistakes trying to pass Stewart while James rode somewhat conservative and hold off Dungey for 15 minutes while RV cruised behind both of them then passed Stewart with ease and took off to a +20 second lead that second moto must have killed Dungeys confidence..... Sure, Dungey will have his days and win some motos....but the bad luck coin goes both ways...If RV is top 3 in the first few minutes of the race, I am not sure Dungey will pull it off this week.....If RV starts up front and Dungey has to pass Stewart, Canard or Barcia to get up front.....I say even more unlikely
And who is Dunegy?
vlh
5/23/2013 9:34am
I am excited for this up coming weekend, the first round to me is all about getting the jitters out and seeing where you are as a rider. This weekend I hope will be intense from the beginning, both JS and RD know they can not afford to let RV get momentum because we all know once RV gets on a roll the series will be over.
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3116th
5/23/2013 9:41am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2013 9:41am
Hangtown's roughness is out of the ordinary so it's hard to know what to take from the race. But, losing by 20+ seconds is not something to take lightly no matter what the track is.

Unless RV knocks himself out or gets a really bad start, I don't see anyone else winning the motos. I'm an RV fan and I don't like saying that. I want good racing so I hope Dungey, Stewart, Barcia or Canard can prove me wrong!
huck
5/23/2013 9:42am
"dungey will win a moto this weekend..."

Is he racing a 150 against that chick at intermission? Otherwise, I think he'll need some luck to pull it off. Be nice to see a battle to the end though....
kawasa84
5/23/2013 9:42am
fader418 wrote:
I guess we will see, but weren't you the same guy that said Travis Preston could run top five at Hangtown? Kept saying he's showing tremendous speed? Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to do well, and he did the best of all JGR riders, but after that bad call of a top 5, I don't think you should be saying "stamp it".........if you know what I mean.
Predator
5/23/2013 9:48am
motosmith wrote:
toroP wrote:
First, crashes aren't part of racing, and now bad starts don't count.:blink: So what is "straight up"? Tied for the hole shot, zero mistakes, and no...

that's what i'm sayin
motosmith
5/23/2013 9:51am
motosmith wrote:
toroP wrote:

Yeah youre right, anything goes. I guess watching RV come from behind and pass both Dungey and Sewart, then check out, makes me think Dungey probably cant do the same.
fader418
5/23/2013 9:51am
RedRum666 wrote:
Shit, anything is possible this year........ Although, unless RV has a bad start I dont see it happening - Dunegy will improve, but I think RV...
True, but Hangtown is not one of Dungeys tracks...
MXR
5/23/2013 10:00am
fader418 wrote:
kawasa84 wrote:
I guess we will see, but weren't you the same guy that said Travis Preston could run top five at Hangtown? Kept saying he's showing tremendous...
I guess we will see, but weren't you the same guy that said Travis Preston could run top five at Hangtown? Kept saying he's showing tremendous speed? Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to do well, and he did the best of all JGR riders, but after that bad call of a top 5, I don't think you should be saying "stamp it".........if you know what I mean.
Says the guy that Stewart and Dungey had RV covered . Flower Mound TX wants its idiot to stuff a rag in it .
5/23/2013 10:23am
I'm not a fanboy of any rider, but I'm telling you RD is not just going to roll over. Anyone who writes him off over just one race is crazy, and I can guarantee RV is not writing him off yet. Now, if RV does this 2-3-4 more weekends in a row, yeah, but until then I'd not be too bold about it.
toroP
5/23/2013 10:23am
The sport is unpredictable. Stamp it.
MXR
5/23/2013 10:28am
The only thing we can stamp is that round one is over . The next round is just over 48 hours away . Stamp It . I would not be surprised if #5 or #7 win it , but it will be tough .
Butters
5/23/2013 10:34am
Double stamped it, no erasies!
IWreckALot
5/23/2013 11:34am
I'm not a fanboy of any rider, but I'm telling you RD is not just going to roll over. Anyone who writes him off over just...
I'm not a fanboy of any rider, but I'm telling you RD is not just going to roll over. Anyone who writes him off over just one race is crazy, and I can guarantee RV is not writing him off yet. Now, if RV does this 2-3-4 more weekends in a row, yeah, but until then I'd not be too bold about it.
This exactly. RD has been there till the end of every series they've both completed. Even though he's been on the other side of the winner, he's made it interesting. I just hope RD keeps it up.
RedRum666
5/23/2013 1:03pm
I dont buy this " this isnt Dungeys track...or this isnt RV's track" nonsense....these dudes are the best in the biz, if they have a history of bad results, that could have nothing to do with it being " their track".....Hangtown wasnt supposed to be "RV's Track"....but look what happened......the tracks are all ruts, jumps, hills, turns and berms.....So if RV were to do the same at Colorado, which is "Dungeys Track".....will it then become "not dungeys track" ??
goinrcn44h
Fantasy
788th
5/23/2013 1:13pm
Sucks for me I will be in Denver on friday, and have to drive right out of town on up to wyoming... I tried to delay a day but no dice... dammit jim...
RedRum666
5/23/2013 1:15pm
I thought an intersting quote Stewart made was intriguing....." I have not shown my true colors...and I doubt the 2 Ryans have either"....so that being said, all 3 of these guys plus a slew of others plan on improving and have more in the tank.....Stewart said he had less time to actually "test at race speed" this year than last year.....so who knows.... I think Dungey and Stewart have more work to do than they think.... Dungey is a tuff kid and we all know what Stewart has done in the past....but what I do see a pattern of is, when Dungey loses and cant challenge...he gets frustrated and makes mistakes.....RV was hauling balls at HT and Dungey looked pretty rattled afterwards....
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
5/23/2013 1:20pm
I'm a big RV fan but it would be great to see Dungey get a win, just to keep the series as interesting as possible. Runaways get very boring.

Post a reply to: Dungey will win a moto this weekend...

The Latest