Dungey ranked #4 All Time MX List

keinz
5/19/2018 5:22am
And don't forget. He lost two championships due mechanical failure
keinz
5/19/2018 5:32am
Watchig back to his career. I don't remember any past or currenr champi who made it alll so consistent and injury free. That's a gift, comittment and smartness
Phantom 661
5/19/2018 8:36am
hamncheeze wrote:
I love how the Dungey fans hang on the boiled fuel at Texas and the dead bike at Southwick in 2011. Bad luck. Just like RV...
I love how the Dungey fans hang on the boiled fuel at Texas and the dead bike at Southwick in 2011. Bad luck. Just like RV tearing his knee up in 2012. If he’s on the gate that year Dungey loses about 7 overalls. Honestly, that 2012 season was so weak. Stew had Dungey covered until he Stewed. Then Dungey just cruised around and his closest competition was a virtual privateer in Alessi. Dungey padded his win total massively that season.

Like others have said, RV has 5 titles to Dungey’s 4 and Dungey never beat him in a series straight up. Seems like RV should be higher.
It's weird how Dungey haters try to make loosing by dirt diving on your own and getting injured the same as loosing by a mechanical. And since their rider(s) took a dirt dive, got injured and couldnt race... here come the "what if" scenarios in an attempt to alter history followed by trying to devalue the championships their rider couldn't participate in due to their own errors. Since non of the above works, they proceed on by adding up the tiddler class titles in an attempt to make up for what their rider couldn't in the big boy class. Classic.
hamncheeze
5/19/2018 9:06am
It's weird how Dungey haters try to make loosing by dirt diving on your own and getting injured the same as loosing by a mechanical. And...
It's weird how Dungey haters try to make loosing by dirt diving on your own and getting injured the same as loosing by a mechanical. And since their rider(s) took a dirt dive, got injured and couldnt race... here come the "what if" scenarios in an attempt to alter history followed by trying to devalue the championships their rider couldn't participate in due to their own errors. Since non of the above works, they proceed on by adding up the tiddler class titles in an attempt to make up for what their rider couldn't in the big boy class. Classic.
LOL. I'm not a big RV fan at all. But I do respect his incredible career. Just so we are counting correctly he beat Dungey in 2007 and 2008 outdoors on the 250. Then in 2011 and 2013 on the 450. Resoundingly beat him in 2013. So in the 4 series they raced together RV beat him every time. And RV ended up with 5 MX titles to Dungey's 4.

I know a rider can only who is on the gate but there should be a massive asterisk beside the Dungey's 2012 MX title when we consider where he ranks all time. He gets 10 wins from that season, largely beating guys like Mike Alessi, Jake Weimer and Andrew Short. And full respect to those guys, but they are not making this list of 30 best. The two races he didn't win, he was beaten soundly by James.

The Shop

5/19/2018 1:40pm
hamncheeze wrote:
LOL. I'm not a big RV fan at all. But I do respect his incredible career. Just so we are counting correctly he beat Dungey in...
LOL. I'm not a big RV fan at all. But I do respect his incredible career. Just so we are counting correctly he beat Dungey in 2007 and 2008 outdoors on the 250. Then in 2011 and 2013 on the 450. Resoundingly beat him in 2013. So in the 4 series they raced together RV beat him every time. And RV ended up with 5 MX titles to Dungey's 4.

I know a rider can only who is on the gate but there should be a massive asterisk beside the Dungey's 2012 MX title when we consider where he ranks all time. He gets 10 wins from that season, largely beating guys like Mike Alessi, Jake Weimer and Andrew Short. And full respect to those guys, but they are not making this list of 30 best. The two races he didn't win, he was beaten soundly by James.
I love it when a guy uses 2 races out of a 12 race season to make or break a guys career ranking. Just because certain guys are injured or retired Mx still continues on along with the stats. Head to head Dungey smoked James outdoors probably 75% of the time. You can claim comp and injuries as a factor but seem to have issues when people throw in mechanical issues or bikes/teams.
Flatliner
5/19/2018 1:44pm
hamncheeze wrote:
LOL. I'm not a big RV fan at all. But I do respect his incredible career. Just so we are counting correctly he beat Dungey in...

Wasn't 2012 the one where he was on JS7's ass the whole time at freestone?

I don't know if I'd call that soundly. I remember it being an awesome race if its the one I'm thinking of.
5/19/2018 1:49pm
hamncheeze wrote:

Flatliner wrote:
Wasn't 2012 the one where he was on JS7's ass the whole time at freestone? I don't know if I'd call that soundly. I remember it...

I don't know if I'd call that soundly. I remember it being an awesome race if its the one I'm thinking of.
Laughing I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he'll start adding RV's 125 Dream Race results this year to bump him ahead of Dungey for next years list.
TDeath21
5/19/2018 1:54pm
hamncheeze wrote:

Flatliner wrote:
Wasn't 2012 the one where he was on JS7's ass the whole time at freestone? I don't know if I'd call that soundly. I remember it...

Yep then the next week at Thunder Valley Dungey was gaining on him and Stewart wadded. Dungey plays the long game. Always did. Stewart didn’t.
Phantom 661
5/20/2018 6:26pm
It's weird how Dungey haters try to make loosing by dirt diving on your own and getting injured the same as loosing by a mechanical. And...
hamncheeze wrote:

Yes, all titles may add up to RV 5 titles vs RD 4 titles but 3 of RV's titles are from the tiddler class. That's impressive but it doesn't Trump RD's 3 450 championships plus his 39.... 2nd all time in wins. Not even close. That's over 3 times the wins Poto has in the same class! RV did great.... when he was racing. Dunge raced over 3 times more MX races than RV did and accomplished some great things. Put himself way up high in the record books. Got on the weaties box and won espy awards to boot. Maybe those things dont matter... but the following does. In the 450 class it's 3-2 in championships and 39-12 in wins. Thats what counts... and thats why RD is at 4th on the list and RV isnt.
Ted722
5/20/2018 6:50pm
There's still time(Dunge) for a best 2 out of 3 grudge match between Dungey and Villopoto at these selected upcoming Nationals:

125cc All Stars
6/30 - Southwick
7/28 - Washougal
8/25 - Ironman
Phantom 661
5/20/2018 7:46pm
Ted722 wrote:
There's still time(Dunge) for a best 2 out of 3 grudge match between Dungey and Villopoto at these selected upcoming Nationals: [b]125cc All Stars[/b] 6/30 -...
There's still time(Dunge) for a best 2 out of 3 grudge match between Dungey and Villopoto at these selected upcoming Nationals:

125cc All Stars
6/30 - Southwick
7/28 - Washougal
8/25 - Ironman
That would be something. I think I'd give RV the edge if it's the little smoker. RD on a 2 stroke? I have no idea how that would go. Be fun to watch though. Miss their era of racing alot.

Post a reply to: Dungey ranked #4 All Time MX List

The Latest