Dungey possible return to SX on a honda?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2020 8:15 AM

Maybe this is what Blair was referencing in his podcast Photo

|

9/4/2020 8:19 AM

That would be amazing. I'm not holding my breath for it.

|

9/4/2020 8:21 AM

Survey says...

We'll see...

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

9/4/2020 8:24 AM

My magic 8-ball say: Not a chance. Well maybe a little chance. I have a very large magic 8-ball.

|

9/4/2020 8:29 AM

Fuck that. Racing till your old is one thing, but 4 years off and trying to come back to maybe the most dangerous sport in the world? Nothing to gain, everything to lose. Nope, I’d be trying to find something else to sink your teeth into.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/4/2020 8:30 AM

TARGET HONDA RACING?
So long GEICO wink
Photo

|

9/4/2020 8:31 AM

Maybe selected rounds

|

9/4/2020 8:35 AM

No-one can see him as an R&D rider that races an ocassional race now & then...ala McGrath, etc...?

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

9/4/2020 8:41 AM

I kinda had this thought when reading through the blair thread and seeing more posts of dungey riding a honda...be interesting to see

|

RPM Performance
CT

9/4/2020 8:45 AM

Open letter to Dungey: “Do it!”

|

9/4/2020 8:46 AM

I hope not.

|

9/4/2020 8:50 AM

Would love to see it... And no doubt he would be a podium guy from the start... But he retired for a reason ... Mx, especially at his level, is an incredibly dangerous way to make a living... Would much rather see dungey hop n a short course truck like mc, tp, stew, deegan, rj, etc to get his racing thrill now days...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/4/2020 9:02 AM

That would be great to see the dunge out there racing again.

|

9/4/2020 9:06 AM

As a third rider?

|

9/4/2020 9:14 AM

2020 man... 2020. #igiveup

|

9/4/2020 9:16 AM

Crush wrote:

Fuck that. Racing till your old is one thing, but 4 years off and trying to come back to maybe the most dangerous sport in the ...more

As a Minnesota guy, this is AWESOME news if it happens! I also do believe SX won’t be happening next yr.

|

9/4/2020 9:19 AM

Crush wrote:

Fuck that. Racing till your old is one thing, but 4 years off and trying to come back to maybe the most dangerous sport in the ...more

As a Minnesota guy, this is AWESOME news if it happens! I also do believe SX won’t be happening next yr.

|

9/4/2020 9:20 AM

Crush wrote:

So you don’t want to see another top 5 guy out on the track?? Hmm. Weird.

|

9/4/2020 9:29 AM

Please!

|

9/4/2020 9:35 AM

xrmark wrote:

So you don’t want to see another top 5 guy out on the track?? Hmm. Weird.

It’s not like he left something on the table, he beat all those guys, multiple times, so not for glory. It’s not for money.

I get he might be bored but he’s been gone for four years... how did James look after a couple off? What about RV at monster cup? Would he be ok not winning? Does he just want to make up the numbers?

Sure I’d like to see it as a fan of racing, but I don’t get the motive at all. Time doesn’t stand still for these guys. It’s not like there’s a Rocky story and his main comp is the champ and he’s coming for redemption.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/4/2020 9:47 AM

2020 just full of surprises huh

|

9/4/2020 9:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2020 10:26 AM

Sounds good.

Brand Ambassador / R&D
Sexton mentor
Kehoe apprentice
Gray matter occupant (detractors)

|

9/4/2020 9:50 AM

If he does come out of retirement, I would imagine it would be because he needs money. How would Honda pay for him, Roczen, and Sexton? I'd love to see it, the why just isn't making sense to me yet.

|

9/4/2020 9:51 AM

With JLaw as his teammate.

|

9/4/2020 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2020 10:04 AM

davis224 wrote:

If he does come out of retirement, I would imagine it would be because he needs money. How would Honda pay for him, Roczen, ...more

I highly doubt Dungey needs money. I'm guessing he's having the typical post-retirement itch that a lot of pro athletes get. After so much dedication to their sport, there is a massive void left. Clearly the St Jude run/ride promotion, Geico team involvement (briefly) and coffee biz is not enough for Ryan.

As for risk, it's always there but we are also talking about one of the most precise and injury-free riders in modern SX history.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

9/4/2020 9:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2020 9:58 AM

If i was a guessing man, he wanted to make a comeback earlier but Roger wouldn't let him, hence why he is now on a Honda.

Dude just wants to ride.

|

9/4/2020 10:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2020 10:05 AM

Maybe he feels better on a Honda and thinks he can still win races.

Plus, he now has no pressure.

|

9/4/2020 10:09 AM

Ryan Dungey could probably go 35 x 2 right now. Why not

|

9/4/2020 10:11 AM

Yeah I can see it happening! Theres no pressure now, think of it as promotional exercise. Nothing to prove, no one is expecting him to return at his previous form, he won't need to push the limits anymore- ride safe, ride happy, cash the checks. It puts lots of eyes on Hondas truck, bikes and sponsors, potentially pulling in even more sponsors. Its a business, after all. Dunge is young enough that he has a bit longer to earn more money. This time, it aint about the win.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

9/4/2020 10:19 AM

CC and JMart’s heads would quite literally explode if Dungey rode an HRC bike 😂

|