Jordan421
Fantasy
2561st
2/27/2020 8:21am
Haha good ole vurb
TeamGreen
2/27/2020 8:24am
cable wrote:
'if you sign christian craig again im done". seriously- who would travel with a new baby at home? I always wondered if he walked onto the...
'if you sign christian craig again im done".
seriously- who would travel with a new baby at home? I always wondered if he walked onto the team as a marketing tool/test rider, and didnt front any $$. Then they wanted him to do more..
wsmille2 wrote:
There are a number of active racers in the top 20 who have new babys at home. But to answer your question, I wouldn't travel with...
There are a number of active racers in the top 20 who have new babys at home. But to answer your question, I wouldn't travel with a new baby at home. Mine is 4.5 months and hate going to work and leaving him!
And some simply buy a motorhome and bring their children to the event. I've seen some really happy smiling baby's this year. Some of whom seems to make their dads smile pretty damn often during the day.

So, there's always that.
aeffertz
2/27/2020 8:32am
Shenzi wrote:
exactly, way more to it than "family life". and after all these years living in the pits, he never realized what it takes to be a...
exactly, way more to it than "family life". and after all these years living in the pits, he never realized what it takes to be a team manager/owner/management?? like never even paid interest to it?
They found the worst b.s. excuse for the breakup.
Where did they say it was because of family life?

The Shop

austin_bo
Fantasy
160th
2/27/2020 8:34am
lostboy819 wrote:
Maybe he thought he would get a return on his part ownership investment. Then found out they just wanted to spread the losses around to more...
Maybe he thought he would get a return on his part ownership investment. Then found out they just wanted to spread the losses around to more people.
Dungey asking the others when he would get his first check.
Who downvoted this... this is hilarious 😂
gt80rider
2/27/2020 8:47am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2020 8:50am
lostboy819 wrote:
Maybe he thought he would get a return on his part ownership investment. Then found out they just wanted to spread the losses around to more...
Maybe he thought he would get a return on his part ownership investment. Then found out they just wanted to spread the losses around to more people.
austin_bo wrote:
There are now a number of people who just downvote every post they see... these are butt-hurt types who can't stand an anonymous thumbs down .... basically, weak mental types who have yet to figure out this crazy internet thingy....

Anyways, so far we have-

1. Wanted more time at home w/ wife/kids
2. Starting up the Gas Gas SX/MX team
3. It was more work than expected
4. Found out being a part owner actually means "just cut another check and stop asking questions"
5. Getting ready to ride for KTM outdoors
6. Filling in at JGR
7. The check bounced, but we don't know whos
kpiper
2/27/2020 8:49am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2020 8:50am
lostboy819 wrote:
austin_bo wrote:
Yes! This is 100% accurate! You don't make money in this business...just how much you lose. Ryan probably had no real idea until he got on the inside.
2/27/2020 8:53am
The smarts of the dirt biker showed through this troublesome event.

If i saw america was collapsing, stocks are dropping, and a virus was spreading without a cure, id pull all money i have too especially out of something that is a hobby and is completely secondary.

This has nothing to do with decoster or ktm.

Man some people are blind as shit in here!
Rawly
2/27/2020 8:56am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2020 9:11am
Pretty sure I heard Ricky say something about Ryan coming out of retirement during the Arlington broadcast. Could have been a what if ? I was wondering which Ryan he was talking about. Was before Coopers crash , because I would have known which Ryan he was referring to. He didn’t expand on it , and almost said it under his breath. Almost sure I heard it. But then again I’ve been prone to concussions in my riding career.
davistld01
2/27/2020 9:06am
You know, Stew has said many times that the real pull on him to step away from racing was his family...his really liking being a Dad to his kids and a good husband to his wife. That's pretty genuine. Stuff of the heart is nothing you can really get over. If that's the case here with Ryan, then I'm 100% behind his decision.

I don't see him coming back to racing full time. I don't see him going with Gas Gas or KTM...because it would make him look bad. And, I don't see him (although I posted what I thought was a sarcastic post earlier) not living up to his part of the deal with Geico.

Ryan's a pretty straight up guy, or seems to be...so I'm going with the reason he left was the reason he gave.
motogrady
2/27/2020 9:14am
I would say there's nothing fishy about this, but I find it odd that he removed every post on Instagram relating to GEICO Honda aside from...
I would say there's nothing fishy about this, but I find it odd that he removed every post on Instagram relating to GEICO Honda aside from this one announcing his departure from the team.
SenditDan wrote:
The fact that he has deleted all Honda related stuff on his Instagram means he is definitely up to something with another brand... I would say...
The fact that he has deleted all Honda related stuff on his Instagram means he is definitely up to something with another brand...
I would say either KTM or gas gas but who knows.
Ring. Ring. Ring.
“I’ve got it honey.”
“Hello.”
“Gud aftanoon. U ave a minute?”
“Yes Sir. How can I help you?”
“Vee hauve beeen talking. Vee vood like u to come baack. As a brand rep. Now, Vee hauve nobody in states. Vee dink u would bee gud choice. U vent out a vinner. U have a gud rep. Vee like u haven’t talked too much. Vee dink u cud help sell bikes here in states? Dare wont be much verk. Pay I will make sure is gud. Interested?”
“.................well, sure”
“Talk it ober with your wife. U vill have to cut ties completely wid all uder brands. Even bike in garage will be ours.”
“.................okay. I’ll get back to you in the morning.”
“Danks, eet joost hasn’t beeen de same avoind here.
Call me in dee morning.”
“No Sir, thanks for thinking about me. I’ll call you first thing.”

Click.

“Honey, can you come here for a minute. I’ve got something to talk to you about.”
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
2/27/2020 9:20am
I would say there's nothing fishy about this, but I find it odd that he removed every post on Instagram relating to GEICO Honda aside from...
I would say there's nothing fishy about this, but I find it odd that he removed every post on Instagram relating to GEICO Honda aside from this one announcing his departure from the team.
SenditDan wrote:
The fact that he has deleted all Honda related stuff on his Instagram means he is definitely up to something with another brand... I would say...
The fact that he has deleted all Honda related stuff on his Instagram means he is definitely up to something with another brand...
I would say either KTM or gas gas but who knows.
motogrady wrote:
Ring. Ring. Ring. “I’ve got it honey.” “Hello.” “Gud aftanoon. U ave a minute?” “Yes Sir. How can I help you?” “Vee hauve beeen talking. Vee...
Ring. Ring. Ring.
“I’ve got it honey.”
“Hello.”
“Gud aftanoon. U ave a minute?”
“Yes Sir. How can I help you?”
“Vee hauve beeen talking. Vee vood like u to come baack. As a brand rep. Now, Vee hauve nobody in states. Vee dink u would bee gud choice. U vent out a vinner. U have a gud rep. Vee like u haven’t talked too much. Vee dink u cud help sell bikes here in states? Dare wont be much verk. Pay I will make sure is gud. Interested?”
“.................well, sure”
“Talk it ober with your wife. U vill have to cut ties completely wid all uder brands. Even bike in garage will be ours.”
“.................okay. I’ll get back to you in the morning.”
“Danks, eet joost hasn’t beeen de same avoind here.
Call me in dee morning.”
“No Sir, thanks for thinking about me. I’ll call you first thing.”

Click.

“Honey, can you come here for a minute. I’ve got something to talk to you about.”
So Dungey has a land line?
Stuntman949
2/27/2020 9:28am
Janus9 wrote:
Deletes pics, but leaving because of family commitment.

Yup, makes perfect sense.
The plot thiccc'ns
MOTO1313
2/27/2020 9:28am
Family commitments? Seriously? Did those pesky family commitments just suddenly pop up out of frigging nowhere 2 months after signing the Honda contracts? Bullshit. He knew exactly what he was getting into. He said this was in the works for months with Geico/Honda I believe. Dungey is no dummy. He either had his hand forced by other contractual conflicts or...he bailed to do something else involving another brand (you know which one) in the near future. You don't dump the pics being affiliated with Geico/Honda because of "family" commitments.
JeepnMike
2/27/2020 9:35am
Janus9 wrote:
Deletes pics, but leaving because of family commitment.

Yup, makes perfect sense.
The plot thiccc'ns
It kills me because there is a few folks that likely know what is going on, have provided blatant clues in this very thread. Even folks that have been on Vital long enough to know who those people are and understand what they are saying, are still rambling on. LOL

The answer is in this thread from folks who would know. I guess speculation and soap boxes are more fun Cool
Buzzard167
2/27/2020 9:38am
I didn't realize that he deleted all the pictures featuring Geico Honda (I don't do social media), that is kinda weird. It has to be something with KTM, I think contractual conflicts and/or money is a bit far fetched though. I think Dungey would have done his homework on the contracts side before agreeing to anything and who in their right mind would see Geico Honda as a profitable business venture? I think were going to see him with GasGas in the near future, maybe TLD but I think GasGas is more likely.
JeremyK
2/27/2020 9:44am
There is zero chance he didn't know money lose was a giant possiblity.
2/27/2020 9:45am
The smarts of the dirt biker showed through this troublesome event. If i saw america was collapsing, stocks are dropping, and a virus was spreading without...
The smarts of the dirt biker showed through this troublesome event.

If i saw america was collapsing, stocks are dropping, and a virus was spreading without a cure, id pull all money i have too especially out of something that is a hobby and is completely secondary.

This has nothing to do with decoster or ktm.

Man some people are blind as shit in here!
Coronavirus halts ex champ’s bid at team ownership.

I’ve heard it all now.
agn5009
2/27/2020 9:55am
davistld01 wrote:
You know, Stew has said many times that the real pull on him to step away from racing was his family...his really liking being a Dad...
You know, Stew has said many times that the real pull on him to step away from racing was his family...his really liking being a Dad to his kids and a good husband to his wife. That's pretty genuine. Stuff of the heart is nothing you can really get over. If that's the case here with Ryan, then I'm 100% behind his decision.

I don't see him coming back to racing full time. I don't see him going with Gas Gas or KTM...because it would make him look bad. And, I don't see him (although I posted what I thought was a sarcastic post earlier) not living up to his part of the deal with Geico.

Ryan's a pretty straight up guy, or seems to be...so I'm going with the reason he left was the reason he gave.
Why would Ryan going to KTM/GasGas look bad? This is a business and every single person does what's best for themself and family. I dont get why it looks bad.
crowe176
2/27/2020 10:00am
How pissed was KTM when he left?
motogrady
2/27/2020 10:03am
crowe176 wrote:
Who said they were pissed? His contract was up.
Said he was retiring. Why would they be pissed?
crowe176
2/27/2020 10:05am
crowe176 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
Pulp said it today in his latest podcast.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
2/27/2020 10:08am
They spend less than they get in
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
2/27/2020 10:10am
crowe176 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
crowe176 wrote:
The guy was racing for them, they never thought to see if he was interested in being a brand ambassador, team manager, team owner, w.e.? The guy helped get them over the hump. If they couldn't sit down and have a discussion about what to do next then they deserve to lose him to Geico (even if it was only for 3 months).
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
2/27/2020 10:10am
crowe176 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
I'm pretty sure Dungey himself said that KTM wasn't very happy about him leaving that role.
motogrady
2/27/2020 10:12am
crowe176 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
crowe176 wrote:
Hadn’t head that. Thanks
FuzzyLogic
2/27/2020 10:13am
crowe176 wrote:
Left... as in retired after delivering them yet another SX championship? I'd guess they understood.

The single most telling thing that there is something else going on is the fact that he deleted all of the Honda / Geico Honda related posts. You do that because you are financially / contractually obligated or because there are hard feelings.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
2/27/2020 10:14am
motogrady wrote:
crowe176 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
The guy was racing for them, they never thought to see if he was interested in being a brand ambassador, team manager, team owner, w.e.? The...
The guy was racing for them, they never thought to see if he was interested in being a brand ambassador, team manager, team owner, w.e.? The guy helped get them over the hump. If they couldn't sit down and have a discussion about what to do next then they deserve to lose him to Geico (even if it was only for 3 months).
I'm not sure what you're saying is how it went down.
motogrady
2/27/2020 10:16am
crowe176 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
The guy was racing for them, they never thought to see if he was interested in being a brand ambassador, team manager, team owner, w.e.? The...
stremme12 wrote:
I'm not sure what you're saying is how it went down.
Well how did it go down?
jarvinator
2/27/2020 10:19am
I have a friend who works at Polaris, she told me he will be their new Team Manager when the release there new RD450

Post a reply to: Dungey done with Geico Honda

The Latest