Dungey is +25 Points Already

NV825
Fantasy
2740th
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2015 7:52am
One race past half-way for the series and he already has an entire race lead on 2nd. Does he wrap this title up early, and if so how early? NY/NJ?
|
slipdog
2/22/2015 10:19am
He only wins when all the fast guys are out.

(Hmmmm, Roczen, Tomac, Canard, Millsaps and Reed are at my front door and they appear to have removed their shirts...)
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
2/22/2015 10:22am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 10:22am
What's funny to me is before the season started, RV said with no hesitation on who his c'ship favorite is to Matthes on Pulp was the Dunge. The guy is just a machine who rarely falters, and now he has Aldon in his corner too.
ATKpilot99
2/22/2015 10:25am
A full race lead is impressive for sure but there's still a long way to go. So much can happen...even a practice crash during the week can derail things.
downard254
2/22/2015 10:25am
slipdog wrote:
He only wins when all the fast guys are out. (Hmmmm, Roczen, Tomac, Canard, Millsaps and Reed are at my front door and they appear to...

(Hmmmm, Roczen, Tomac, Canard, Millsaps and Reed are at my front door and they appear to have removed their shirts...)
That's funny!Laughing

The Shop

2/22/2015 10:27am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 10:28am
Dungey will not give up more than 8 points on a bad night. 2015 champ, stamp it.
gt80rider
2/22/2015 10:56am
Not only is the dunge looking more confident and starting better than he has in years, but his ktm looks freakn Dialed in the whoops...

To boil it down, it is hard enough to beat dungey in a full series, but its a hell of a lot harder when u give him a full race advantage at nearly the half way point. Its gonna take a mechanical on dungys ktm plus a stewart like win streak to rip the title out his hands..
ehr400
2/22/2015 10:58am
i am interested to see how this bike works in the outdoors. I see huge improvements already on how his setup and bike have been working for SX.
newmann
2/22/2015 11:42am
slipdog wrote:
He only wins when all the fast guys are out. (Hmmmm, Roczen, Tomac, Canard, Millsaps and Reed are at my front door and they appear to...

What I've always noticed is that he has an uncanny ability to push the fast guys to the point they crash their brains out. It's a hectic pace out front and no one seems to be able to maintain it as good as Dungey. He doesn't always win the race or championship but he is always in the hunt.
bigborefan
2/22/2015 12:15pm
I think Dungey did what he needed to do last night. He knew KRoc and Eli were out. Reed's not a title threat. He only needed to cover Canard, which he did.
Rotaholic
2/22/2015 12:18pm
Dungey is only one air shock away from losing 25 points
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
2/22/2015 12:25pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Or a chain breaking, or a front brake caliper getting trashed on a start, or his bike running out of gas (or it mysteriously not starting)......point made, it's a LONG season and we're not even half way through. Right now, Dungey has earned a full mulligan. time will tell if he needs to use it.
benstone
2/22/2015 12:26pm
bigborefan wrote:
I think Dungey did what he needed to do last night. He knew KRoc and Eli were out. Reed's not a title threat. He only needed...
I think Dungey did what he needed to do last night. He knew KRoc and Eli were out. Reed's not a title threat. He only needed to cover Canard, which he did.
I'm not a Dungey fan or a Reed fan, just calling it like I see it. You and I must have watched different races because I saw Dungey trying like hell to catch Chad and he just couldn't quite make it. Chad is one of the few riders who can feel that push from behind and respond to maintain a lead.
Mxdnusa
2/22/2015 12:44pm
I'm super pumped for Dungey.
stewie94
2/22/2015 12:51pm
kinda bummed but happy all at the same time *hint* ( my sig )
benstone
2/22/2015 12:57pm
Here's the thing though: In the past, even when he was in a position where he needed to push it, he doesn't have it in him to chase people down as well as the other top-tier riders. That's not a dis, it's just how he rides. It's serving him extremely well this season but he still isn't a guy who routinely flies through the pack or chases the leader down. He comes through the pack in a measured manner and makes passes when presented with clear passing situations.

I will say he's a little more aggressive this year than prior years, but if he's down a position or 2 and he really needs to make it happen, I'm still not convinced he's the guy to do it. It's a nice thing to say he saw he didn't need the position so he let Chad have it, but his history suggests that he couldn't have done much about it even if he wanted that spot.
bigborefan
2/22/2015 12:58pm
bigborefan wrote:
I think Dungey did what he needed to do last night. He knew KRoc and Eli were out. Reed's not a title threat. He only needed...
benstone wrote:
I'm not a Dungey fan or a Reed fan, just calling it like I see it. You and I must have watched different races because I...
I'm not a Dungey fan or a Reed fan, just calling it like I see it. You and I must have watched different races because I saw Dungey trying like hell to catch Chad and he just couldn't quite make it. Chad is one of the few riders who can feel that push from behind and respond to maintain a lead.
I never said Dungey was play pimpin. I just said he didn't have to go balls out kamikaze for the three points.
bigborefan
2/22/2015 1:01pm
benstone wrote:
Here's the thing though: In the past, even when he was in a position where he needed to push it, he doesn't have it in him...
Here's the thing though: In the past, even when he was in a position where he needed to push it, he doesn't have it in him to chase people down as well as the other top-tier riders. That's not a dis, it's just how he rides. It's serving him extremely well this season but he still isn't a guy who routinely flies through the pack or chases the leader down. He comes through the pack in a measured manner and makes passes when presented with clear passing situations.

I will say he's a little more aggressive this year than prior years, but if he's down a position or 2 and he really needs to make it happen, I'm still not convinced he's the guy to do it. It's a nice thing to say he saw he didn't need the position so he let Chad have it, but his history suggests that he couldn't have done much about it even if he wanted that spot.
If it had been a 25 lap main, Dungey would of have him. He was close.
DownSouth
2/22/2015 1:07pm
Rotaholic wrote:
No air shock on the #5 bike.
SlowMoFo
2/22/2015 1:11pm
I am a big fan of his. The guy is a great role model and a machine on his orange machine! I believe we are seeing the best Dungey ever and that is bad news for his competition.
Flatliner
2/22/2015 1:14pm
benstone wrote:
Here's the thing though: In the past, even when he was in a position where he needed to push it, he doesn't have it in him...

He made up 4 seconds on chad in 10-12 laps. No point in dive bombing it the last two to try and win.

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/22/2015 1:51pm
People love calling out Reed as "so mentally tough" what about this dude? Always puts himself in the hunt.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
2/22/2015 2:03pm
bigborefan wrote:
If it had been a 25 lap main, Dungey would of have him. He was close.
If it was a one lap race Reed would have still won but from Nicolleti and Peick

If it was a two lap race Reed would have won from Peick and Dungey

If it was a four lap race Reed wins from Peick and Dungey with Tomac 4th and Roczen 11th

If it was a 25 lap race we would not have a clue what could have happened! Maybe Dungey goes down, maybe Reed goes down, maybe the dome loses power on lap 23 and race is red flagged, maybe the world is attacked by aliens and they leave us to live but steal every bike from the planet.

But like every other race in Supercross is was a 20 LAP race and Reed won from Dungey with the gap between the two fluctuating as they went through traffic.

If anything in the post race interviews with the two riders, Ryan looked like the rider who was breathing a little heavier and said himself he tried everything he could to close down Reed.

IWreckALot
2/22/2015 2:04pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
I am a big fan of his. The guy is a great role model and a machine on his orange machine! I believe we are seeing...
I am a big fan of his. The guy is a great role model and a machine on his orange machine! I believe we are seeing the best Dungey ever and that is bad news for his competition.
Agree with this. Dungey has all of the off the bike aspects that make it easy to be a fan. He's got the skills on the bike to absolutely lay the pipe to the fastest of the fast.

Atlanta's dirt was a bit confusing looking to me. It looked super tacky and loamy in some areas and hard pack and slimy in others. It looked really easy to get out of sorts and I saw Dungey's bike kick sideways a couple of times which isn't real common. . Not sure what went on in Dungey's head, but Reed's setup was just plain better in Atlanta. Having said that, Dungey was able to close the gap towards the end.
joeellis
2/22/2015 2:07pm
bigborefan wrote:
benstone wrote:
I'm not a Dungey fan or a Reed fan, just calling it like I see it. You and I must have watched different races because I...
You weren't watching apparently, at least with unbiased glasses on. He caught Chad. He didn't pass Chad, that is for sure, but he caught him form over 3 seconds back once he was clear. I'll never get everyone that loves to give Ryan crap. He is a great rider, even better person and will end up being one of the top riders in American history and there are still those that want to put an asterisk next to his name. Sure he wants to win races, but he wants to win championships more. You Dungey detractors need to get a life and appreciate him while you can. His time will be over soon enough.
Jim Lahey
2/22/2015 2:07pm
I gotta think that what was going through Dungeys head the entire race was "Alright, I can race smart, get 2nd, and extend my points lead"

Dungey is like the smartest rider out there, he isnt gonna push it when he doesnt need to, tonight being a prime example.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
2/22/2015 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 2:26pm
Once Canard got into 3rd, I thought for sure he was going to put some heaters down and catch up to Ryan because of his speed all day. But Ryan proved he's a completely different rider this year than previous and is charging forward.
Rotaholic
2/22/2015 2:30pm
Rotaholic wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
No air shock on the #5 bike.
I know he doesn't have an air shock, but last time he was doing ok in the championship he tried to make changes to the bike, bolted in an air shock and turned his bike into a chopper on the start gate. All it takes is a small change to help improve the bike and if it doesn't work out then the red plate can slip away pretty quick
Jim Lahey
2/22/2015 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 2:41pm
Rotaholic wrote:
I know he doesn't have an air shock, but last time he was doing ok in the championship he tried to make changes to the bike...
I know he doesn't have an air shock, but last time he was doing ok in the championship he tried to make changes to the bike, bolted in an air shock and turned his bike into a chopper on the start gate. All it takes is a small change to help improve the bike and if it doesn't work out then the red plate can slip away pretty quick
He could miss an entire main even and still be in the lead, something un-Dungey like to do

Besides, Shorty has been running the air shock all year and it hasnt choppered on him yet

I also highly doubt he will make any crazy changes to the bike
Outsider
2/22/2015 2:51pm
Jim Lahey wrote:
I gotta think that what was going through Dungeys head the entire race was "Alright, I can race smart, get 2nd, and extend my points lead"...
I gotta think that what was going through Dungeys head the entire race was "Alright, I can race smart, get 2nd, and extend my points lead"

Dungey is like the smartest rider out there, he isnt gonna push it when he doesnt need to, tonight being a prime example.
Bullshit, he was pushing hard
h&m_cycle
2/22/2015 2:55pm
Hope Dungey raps it up early, then tests for the outdoors, shows up @ the last race in Vegas, doesn't race, just signs a
few autographs & gets his trophy, boy would that piss people off.

Post a reply to: Dungey is +25 Points Already

The Latest