Dungey in Sports Illustrated

PR
Edited Date/Time 4/28/2015 6:47pm
|
huck
4/28/2015 7:36am
Wow...some of those photos were amazing! That's gotta be 'good for the sport'...
YamahaJT1
4/28/2015 8:05am
Heck yes...

Every 50+ year old dude in America hangin' in their physician's waiting room grumbling about their delayed prostate exam appointment now has splendid reading material! If this makes the paper copy...

J/K!

At 2013 Budds Creek, he went down right in front me & my buds in the rollers before the finish line jump. Ugly hit from the bars, winded. We were hollering "Get up, Get UP!"... He rolled away slowly.

He came back in moto 2 and crushed RV2. Dungey won the overall. He is the nicest fellow in the pits as well.

Great for him!
4/28/2015 9:14am
Cool stuff!
It chafes my ass that the entire sport is now referred to as "Monster Energy Supercross." It's effing stupid. Monster didn't invent this sport!

The Shop

sende
Fantasy
4429th
4/28/2015 9:21am
Somehow the thread title sounds like there's bikini pictures of him Grinning
Titan1
4/28/2015 9:51am
Cool stuff!
It chafes my ass that the entire sport is now referred to as "Monster Energy Supercross." It's effing stupid. Monster didn't invent this sport!
Same here! I'm just not a fan of the Monster Energy image...at all. It totally cheapens the sport all the way down to the level of WWF wrestling and Monster Trucks.
bigborefan
4/28/2015 9:55am
Dungey is the perfect guy for a venue like SI. He's clean cut, well spoken, he's got that all American Minnesota nice thing going for him.

And those photos were pretty awesome, a fresh perspective.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
4/28/2015 9:57am
Cool stuff!
They're the title sponsor and that is exactly why they pay so much money to be it. It gets tedious to read "Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship" when for us they could just say Supercross but is it really that big of a deal? I think Monster Energy has done a lot of good for this sport at the pro level by financing a lot of stuff through sponsorships.
Holigan
4/28/2015 9:59am
Give Monster some slack. Someone from Monster Supercross PR got a great pictorial on SI's website featuring a Red Bull rider, with the RB logos very clear in a number of photos. Most companies would not allow that to happen.
IWreckALot
4/28/2015 10:14am
Holigan wrote:
Give Monster some slack. Someone from Monster Supercross PR got a great pictorial on SI's website featuring a Red Bull rider, with the RB logos very...
Give Monster some slack. Someone from Monster Supercross PR got a great pictorial on SI's website featuring a Red Bull rider, with the RB logos very clear in a number of photos. Most companies would not allow that to happen.
It's not like Monster has an even close to high profile rider in the series at the moment. . .
huck
4/28/2015 10:19am
Cool stuff!
If plastering Monster Energy on SI helps attract other sponsors, I'm for it. If it was called "Chevy Trucks Supercross", would that be ok?
rosebud441
4/28/2015 11:20am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2015 11:25am
Cool stuff!
huck wrote:
If plastering Monster Energy on SI helps attract other sponsors, I'm for it. If it was called "Chevy Trucks Supercross", would that be ok?
Yes,, That would absolutely be WAY better!! The Bow Tie is a much better logo than that satanic claw thing..
david225
4/28/2015 12:29pm
I think the sport is making a smart decision of having Dungey being the face of the brand. He really is one of those guys that is impossible to hate. We are in good hands, finally breaking through the threshold into the mainstream.
yanks_178
4/28/2015 5:27pm
Cool stuff!
huck wrote:
rosebud441 wrote:
Yes,, That would absolutely be WAY better!! The Bow Tie is a much better logo than that satanic claw thing..
And without Monster Energy Supercross would not be on TV and these guys wouldn't be getting paid anywhere close to what they are now. Nobody likes it but Monster Energy is probably one of the best things to come to this sport. It has taken it to more of a mainstream event. It is still very very very small. More people watch curling and womens figure skating than Supercross.
mauidex
4/28/2015 5:57pm
somehow with Dungeys success it should would be nice if Target really REALLY started activating thieir tie in and sponsorship...........would do more for mainstream awareness than anything else
AS64
Fantasy
2156th
4/28/2015 6:01pm
Awesome photo! [img]https://cdn-jpg.si.com/sites/default/files/styles/si_gallery_slide/public/images/Supercross-Metlife-A21P8344.jpg[/img]
Awesome photo!

x2!
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
4/28/2015 6:05pm
Great pictures! Would be really need if it makes the paper version. I remember when Dungey posted a picture of himself in his riding gear in downtown, but wondered why he was walking around it. That explains it.
4/28/2015 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2015 6:12pm
I understand the marketing power of a billion dollar energy drink sponsor and all that.
The way the reference is so consistent in the article I assume Monster gave guidance to SI to that effect. It was cool of them to give space to Redbull I guess, but anything else would have been blatant censorship, so I'm not that impressed.

Whatever. I just think it's cheesy the way Monster has tried to patent the whole sport, even when referring to past seasons in flashback clips. It's Supercross, not a commercial.

motomike137
4/28/2015 6:47pm
I understand the marketing power of a billion dollar energy drink sponsor and all that. The way the reference is so consistent in the article I...
I understand the marketing power of a billion dollar energy drink sponsor and all that.
The way the reference is so consistent in the article I assume Monster gave guidance to SI to that effect. It was cool of them to give space to Redbull I guess, but anything else would have been blatant censorship, so I'm not that impressed.

Whatever. I just think it's cheesy the way Monster has tried to patent the whole sport, even when referring to past seasons in flashback clips. It's Supercross, not a commercial.

OLC every motorsport sponsor does this. Get over it and enjoy SX getting some real mainstream exposure featuring one of the cleanest cut, hardest working, nicest guys we have ever had at the top spot.

Post a reply to: Dungey in Sports Illustrated

The Latest