Dungey has nothing to be ashamed of.

4/23/2017 6:51am
TXDirt wrote:
It was nice not to see any riders fucking with Eli as he came through the pack. He had to pass a lot of KTMs and...
It was nice not to see any riders fucking with Eli as he came through the pack. He had to pass a lot of KTMs and Huskies. Everyone kept it clean and didn't pull anything stupid to change the outcome. They raced Eli hard but fair. Thought that was cool to see. Not sure that will continue to be the case as we get closer to crunch time.
I thought about this too and I sort of thought the KTM boys would make it real tough on him to get through the pack but he was so fast I don't think it even mattered. It looked like Musquin wanted to play more of a factor than he did but Tomac shut that down pretty quick.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
4/23/2017 8:29am
It's not over yet. Anything can happen. Tomac is riding phenomenal. How many titles does Dungey have vs Tomac? Tomac has a long way to go to catch those stats.
machine
4/23/2017 8:37am
TXDirt wrote:
It was nice not to see any riders fucking with Eli as he came through the pack. He had to pass a lot of KTMs and...
It was nice not to see any riders fucking with Eli as he came through the pack. He had to pass a lot of KTMs and Huskies. Everyone kept it clean and didn't pull anything stupid to change the outcome. They raced Eli hard but fair. Thought that was cool to see. Not sure that will continue to be the case as we get closer to crunch time.
I thought about this too and I sort of thought the KTM boys would make it real tough on him to get through the pack but...
I thought about this too and I sort of thought the KTM boys would make it real tough on him to get through the pack but he was so fast I don't think it even mattered. It looked like Musquin wanted to play more of a factor than he did but Tomac shut that down pretty quick.
I also though that the Husky boys might try and ride a wide bike as well, especially JA, but they all rode admirably.
Dtat720
4/23/2017 8:41am
TXDirt wrote:
I thought about this too and I sort of thought the KTM boys would make it real tough on him to get through the pack but...
machine wrote:
I also though that the Husky boys might try and ride a wide bike as well, especially JA, but they all rode admirably.
I dont think they understood how fast Eli was. JA especially, he looked totally caught off guard when ET got him in the corner. Marvin tried, but i think even he got the hint real quick that it was either ET gets past you, or you will be taking a dirt nap. i think he caught everyone by surprise lastnight. Especially Dungey.

The Shop

Kawi15
4/23/2017 8:56am
TripleFive wrote:
And honestly, RD is being a [u]great[/u] loser. Not once has he made an excuse. No veiled references to an injury. No throwing the bike/team under...
And honestly, RD is being a great loser.

Not once has he made an excuse.

No veiled references to an injury.

No throwing the bike/team under the bus.

Just flat out admits that he doesn't have the speed.

Imagine how many excused Chad Reed would be grabbing at had he been in RD's situation.
other than throwing his goggles of course
langhammx wrote:
OH please...... Unsure
That is just frustration coming out. If anybody can honestly fault Dungey for that, then I am thinking they pretty much can walk on water. In other words those who fault him for it are not perfect either. Dungey is in a tough position and is handling it quite well, atleast on screen.
machine
4/23/2017 9:00am
machine wrote:
Dtat720 wrote:
I dont think they understood how fast Eli was. JA especially, he looked totally caught off guard when ET got him in the corner. Marvin tried...
I dont think they understood how fast Eli was. JA especially, he looked totally caught off guard when ET got him in the corner. Marvin tried, but i think even he got the hint real quick that it was either ET gets past you, or you will be taking a dirt nap. i think he caught everyone by surprise lastnight. Especially Dungey.
You might be right..Grinning
Hut
4/23/2017 9:06am
TXDirt wrote:
machine wrote:
Maybe they talked to Deano and thought better.....
Hut
4/23/2017 9:09am
ctbale wrote:
Tomac is gunna crash and Dungey will have another hollow championship!

Now discuss amongst yourselves.

4/23/2017 10:22am
Nobody's dethroned JS7. There is no throne!

Seriously though, holy cow Tomac. That was freaking amazing. It definitely reminded me of Stew, but he needs to have a lot more epic rides until he's in JS territory. He's got the potential to do it.
daemon616
4/23/2017 10:25am
Dunge wasn't handed the crown but Tomac definitely snatched that bitch!
machine
4/23/2017 10:28am
Hut wrote:
Maybe they talked to Deano and thought better.....
Haha..good call!!
4/23/2017 10:34am
Where are the guys saying Reed was going to win the championship after he got on the podium once. - LOL!
SwingHard
4/23/2017 10:53am
daemon616 wrote:
Dunge wasn't handed the crown but Tomac definitely snatched that bitch!
Well,I sure dont remember him taking it away from the Top guy? But,your right about Tomac. Its like watching a cheetah chase down a gazelle!
APLMAN99
4/23/2017 11:04am
FARANG wrote:
Tomac is riding great. Dungey is keeping him honest but isn't quite as fast. That's racing. Both are great ambassadors for the sport.
bc775 wrote:
I wouldnt call being a second a lap slower keeping tomac honest, nor the points deficit that Tomac ate away and is 3 points ahead, or...
I wouldnt call being a second a lap slower keeping tomac honest, nor the points deficit that Tomac ate away and is 3 points ahead, or even the fact tomac was 15th on the holeshot and still won. Tomac is just amazing right now and dungey hasnt had a real challenge like this in any of his titles. I think tomacs mid season gain in speed and confidence was underestimated by dunge and ktm at first. Now its bit them in the ass badly.
How does anyone say that a rider is "15th on the holeshot"..........?

Huh
Crush
4/23/2017 11:10am
FARANG wrote:
Tomac is riding great. Dungey is keeping him honest but isn't quite as fast. That's racing. Both are great ambassadors for the sport.
bc775 wrote:
I wouldnt call being a second a lap slower keeping tomac honest, nor the points deficit that Tomac ate away and is 3 points ahead, or...
I wouldnt call being a second a lap slower keeping tomac honest, nor the points deficit that Tomac ate away and is 3 points ahead, or even the fact tomac was 15th on the holeshot and still won. Tomac is just amazing right now and dungey hasnt had a real challenge like this in any of his titles. I think tomacs mid season gain in speed and confidence was underestimated by dunge and ktm at first. Now its bit them in the ass badly.
APLMAN99 wrote:
How does anyone say that a rider is "15th on the holeshot"..........?

Huh
It's a scourge in MX these days it seems.

3rd place holeshot bro.

What

The

Actual

Fuck.
cali11
4/23/2017 11:15am
Tomac is a monster! Dungey is a champ and rode great. There are two races left. Dungey HAS to finish ahead of Tomac next race or...
Tomac is a monster! Dungey is a champ and rode great. There are two races left. Dungey HAS to finish ahead of Tomac next race or Vegas won't matter. As amazing as Tomac is right now, I think Dungey can still win it. He has to put in a ride like Vegas 2008, or Minneapolis 2013 if he wants to stay in this.
Only way Dungey can still win it, is if Tomac throws it away. Also Dungey would have to win the next two races.
cali11
4/23/2017 11:21am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2017 11:22am
mxlegend99 wrote:
Musquin and Roczen have won as many races as Dungey. Dungey is definitely the most consistent. But I think Roczen and Musquin are/were the only guys...
Musquin and Roczen have won as many races as Dungey.
Dungey is definitely the most consistent. But I think Roczen and Musquin are/were the only guys capable of pushing Tomac... and even then it's hard to imagine either could beat him.

Although I think Roczen and Musquin could have won if they got the holeshot and Tomac was back in 15th. Not that any of it matters. Tomac deserves the title.
Roczen maybe could on won, no way Musquin could have. Had Seattle not been shortened Musquin wound of lost that race too.
cali11
4/23/2017 11:31am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Where are the guys saying Reed was going to win the championship after he got on the podium once. - LOL!
Where are the guys that were saying Dungey would win 10-15 races. After KR94 crashed out?
yzf842
4/23/2017 12:14pm
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Dungey has nothing to be ashamed of.
Unfortunately, he has nothing for Tomac either.
He should be ashamed of getting smoked by a dude that was in like 12th on the first lap
4/23/2017 1:12pm
cali11 wrote:
Where are the guys that were saying Dungey would win 10-15 races. After KR94 crashed out?
Hiding, or posting Stewart bashing threads to distract everyone.
Dtat720
4/23/2017 1:49pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
cali11 wrote:
No kidding! I thought my prediction of 4-6 was a strectch. And i wad right. Its at 2..
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/23/2017 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2017 3:13pm
ctbale wrote:
Tomac is gunna crash and Dungey will have another hollow championship!

Now discuss amongst yourselves.

That's what was thinking watching
Was that Tomac was Gonna crash
But imo
No championship is hollow
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
4/23/2017 3:20pm
drt410 wrote:
Tomac is riding probably faster than anyone in history right now. Dungy is a great person and takes full responsibility for his results. Two great competitors...
Tomac is riding probably faster than anyone in history right now. Dungy is a great person and takes full responsibility for his results. Two great competitors that were lucky to watch battle it out.
I don't think so. The Reed/Carmichael battles were intense. The Stewart/Reed battles were incredibly intense.
Moto331
4/23/2017 3:33pm
That was absolutely demoralizing… Comes around the first turn in basically last, while Dungey instantly jumps to the lead, and absolutely smokes everyone with ease… When was the last time we saw that, back in Stewart's 125 days? and you know, he's going to bring the exact same intensity and momentum right over into the outdoors. As long as he doesn't crash like a Colorado, Tomac is going to destroy
jwoods121
Fantasy
782nd
4/23/2017 6:12pm
Both riders are without a doubt the pinnacle of the sport. The professionalism being displayed by both riders equals that of Formula 1. To make it 15 rounds and still be contending for wins is a feat in its self. I've followed the sport for 25 years and I'm sorry we lost Rozcan and i hope he can rebound but Dungey and Tomac are class act's all the way around. I attened A1 and Oakland, it always surprises me seeing this sport in person even after all these years.
EEE299
4/23/2017 7:38pm
The last dude everyone was going on and on about smashed himself to pieces. I hope Tomac doesnt do that, but there is direct correlation of guys pushing it "to the next level" and gnarly crashes.

I still think he has the title. A small part if me wants to see him tone it back a little and stay in one piece the rest of his career.
drt410
4/23/2017 7:45pm
You guys need to chill. Every thread someone throws JS7 into it. Why? Noone can take away from his accomplishments. Hes accomplished more than anyone on here combined. Not to mention he even invented part of the riding style that Tomac is using to win. Dont believe me? Listen to the kawasaki science of supercrosss where Villopoto says James invented the scrub and made it so not only do you make up time in corners but now off of jumps....which happens to be basically every obstacle in supercross. Can we put it to rest? Tomac is flying, Dungey still has a chance, and James is a legend.
Ted722
4/23/2017 8:03pm
DV had the best response to this Motorcross Action reporter:

Flip109
4/23/2017 8:09pm
People saying Tomac was riding better than JS RC and MC in their prime. I just do not agree. There is no way to tell. We all know you would like to believe you just saw the fastest racer on the face of fuckin planet earth unleashed the other night! But that is just not the case. He was spectacular on that track in those conditions on that bike against that competition. That's it. You can't throw him onto bikes and tracks 10-20 years ago and say he would still be the best.He doesn't even have the accolades those other riders had coming up in their time. Hell give me a race ready RV right now and he'd give him everything he could handle!

Post a reply to: Dungey has nothing to be ashamed of.

The Latest