Dungey and Windham!

Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
1/11/2010 9:28am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2012 5:36pm
That was so freaking cool! I really like James Stewart and have the utmost respect for his talent. It was cool to see Dungey do his best to win his first 450 SX event. My thoughts have been solidified from pre season. I feel the podium can and will be colorful with changes. No longer will 1,2,3 be the same colors week in and week out.

Credit where credit is due. Windham. Yeah buddy way to go. Solid ride from start to finish. Way to put in the passes.

Enjoy your day off guys, I wish you luck for the week coming up.
|
jndmx
1/11/2010 9:40am
Totally agree Tiki.

I think we may actually have one of the most even fields in a while.
James is going to be James so count on him winning a lot but by 2-3 more rounds in there are going to be some great battles.

It was awesome to watch K-Dub take 3rd, 16 seasons in but still smooth and getting it done.
Larry
1/11/2010 10:00am
Competition is good.
nothing like having a series where 5 or 6 guys can win.
ehr400
1/11/2010 10:03am
Kevin got a crappy start too. I think he cam from like 10th or so to get to third.

The Shop

jleews6
1/11/2010 10:17am
I agree and I also think that not only did Dungey show he has great speed but he looked good doing it. He was smooth and precise through out the whole moto. KW as always looked great and showed good speed.
Ben Hargas
1/11/2010 10:37am
Big surprise! Can't wait till Phoenix!
raddad
1/11/2010 11:03am
jleews6 wrote:
I agree and I also think that not only did Dungey show he has great speed but he looked good doing it. He was smooth and...
I agree and I also think that not only did Dungey show he has great speed but he looked good doing it. He was smooth and precise through out the whole moto. KW as always looked great and showed good speed.
Fantastic ride for both! But for RD to almost win the thing is crazy cool. Go to train in MN and take the winters off and you too can be a B class to pro contender! Ha!
Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
1/11/2010 12:16pm
Ben Hargas wrote:
Big surprise! Can't wait till Phoenix!
I personally was not surprised by Dungey. He surprised us all when he laid it to the world at MXdN. At least that was my spoiler. I had him down for third. But as far as surprises go, Kevin sure surprised me. Can you say sleeper? So looking forward to Phoenix. New track maybe new leaders? Chad and RV I am sure want to make a statement. Can Tedesco move closer to the front? I think we are all in agreement that James' speed is unbelievable and he is the favorite. I bet the training this week will be turned up on the dial.

Left holding the bag were:
Shorty
Tedesco
RV
Reed
Josh Grant
Hill
Millsaps.

Sneaker sleeper - Brayton. Insiders gave me some info on this guy. He will be the one to watch. Before Friday he had been under my radar.
BobbyM
1/11/2010 12:18pm
Tiki wrote:
I personally was not surprised by Dungey. He surprised us all when he laid it to the world at MXdN. At least that was my spoiler...
I personally was not surprised by Dungey. He surprised us all when he laid it to the world at MXdN. At least that was my spoiler. I had him down for third. But as far as surprises go, Kevin sure surprised me. Can you say sleeper? So looking forward to Phoenix. New track maybe new leaders? Chad and RV I am sure want to make a statement. Can Tedesco move closer to the front? I think we are all in agreement that James' speed is unbelievable and he is the favorite. I bet the training this week will be turned up on the dial.

Left holding the bag were:
Shorty
Tedesco
RV
Reed
Josh Grant
Hill
Millsaps.

Sneaker sleeper - Brayton. Insiders gave me some info on this guy. He will be the one to watch. Before Friday he had been under my radar.
i heard the same thing...he's ready.
jbomx363
1/11/2010 12:58pm
Finally, a good thread. No crap talk, no name calling, just good ol bench racin fun.

Although I'm thrilled with KW on the box and wish he'd be on it or close to it, it's hard for me to face the reality that he'll keep it up.

Tedesco may be moving up the ladder as he is also dealing with the new bike/team and probably has a chip on his shoulder too. Looks like he's having fun though.

Shorty impressed me.

Reed will be back on the box at Phoenix or make some big mistakes pushing a bit more than usual.

RV? Dunno, just an off night I suppose. Race jitters, rode tight?

Hill...Looks fast at times, really fast.

Millsaps.. seemed energy zapped?

Anyway, 1st one is outta the way, the next is gonna be a barn burner!
huck
1/11/2010 1:03pm
Best thread of the day...

andymoto
1/11/2010 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:57pm
Dungey had tons of momentum; 250 Outdoor Champ and MXdN performances along with a Suzuki that looks well balanced.

Hill just needs some good starts. Leaves himself too much to do. Still a 6th and closing seemed impressive.

Lets give some love to GL8. 10th if not mistaken after being off since early '08? Awesome.

Hank_Thrill
1/11/2010 2:30pm
WORD!!!

If this had a "like" button - I would click it!
mxtryon231
1/11/2010 2:43pm
Dungey impressed the hell out of everybody in Italy...
He looks like he is going to keep getting better every race.
and what better way to do so than chasing Stewie around!
We are lucky to be watching these guys.. it is awesome.

Kdub gave my friend his goggles after a moto at Jack Murphy Stadium when we were in 2nd grade.. I am 23 now and ready to graduate college.. For him to be on the podium amongst all of the talent in the field is.. well to borrow a word from Artie Lang..errr BobbyM "Afugginmazing!"

Hope the rest of the season is as exciting as the start, Reed, RV, Davi, Shorty, Hill, Grant, Brayton, Tedesco, GL, and when 338 gets in shape.. there are over 10 guys who could easily fill the top 3 spots every weekend..

Woohoo
Cody24
Fantasy
2673rd
1/11/2010 3:21pm
I definitely see Hill on the podium more than a few times this year. He looked really good this weekend. Also, it was great to see K-Dub the "old guy" as Fro called him, up on the podium. Props to him.
Larry
1/11/2010 7:57pm
andymoto wrote:
Dungey had tons of momentum; 250 Outdoor Champ and MXdN performances along with a Suzuki that looks well balanced. Hill just needs some good starts. Leaves...
Dungey had tons of momentum; 250 Outdoor Champ and MXdN performances along with a Suzuki that looks well balanced.

Hill just needs some good starts. Leaves himself too much to do. Still a 6th and closing seemed impressive.

Lets give some love to GL8. 10th if not mistaken after being off since early '08? Awesome.

Good points Andy.

There was a reason RD wanted to keep RD and now we have seen it.
It was great to see Zulu out there in the mix.
Hill needs about half the season out of the limelight to get his confidence back to where it was, then he will be a contender.

Post a reply to: Dungey and Windham!

The Latest