Dungey and Malcolm

level
Edited Date/Time 4/30/2016 11:29pm
They got championship on there mind and looking at big picture. Playing it smart so good for them. Shows you how much extra they normally push it when they are winning.
Dungey could go much faster tonight but all that work and results all year long all he needs to do is stay in top 5 or so rest of rounds and it's his.
|
stewie94
4/23/2016 5:10pm
altho true , 2 riders were just faster than them today ,aint no worng in tht , cant win em all. everybody has their on & off days
h&m_cycle
4/23/2016 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2016 5:46pm
Malcolm looks tired... Dungey looks fit... Dungey can afford to cruise Malcolm can't...

No excuses outdoors... work ethic...
Jimmy_Sloan
4/23/2016 6:05pm
Dungey was definitely cruising or things were off with his setup. How often this season has he slipped back to fourth?
LappedU
4/23/2016 6:07pm
He did the Mookie fade!

The Shop

Katoomey
4/23/2016 6:22pm
level wrote:
They got championship on there mind and looking at big picture. Playing it smart so good for them. Shows you how much extra they normally push...
They got championship on there mind and looking at big picture. Playing it smart so good for them. Shows you how much extra they normally push it when they are winning.
Dungey could go much faster tonight but all that work and results all year long all he needs to do is stay in top 5 or so rest of rounds and it's his.
You could say this about any rider with the red plate who lost any race at any point in time.

Your argument is whats known as unverifiable/unfalsifiable. In informal logic, it would fall under rhetoric. Basically, its meaningless.

I'm calling it nonsense anyway. They were at the will of others tonight, not their own. Plain and simple.
gsxr6
4/23/2016 6:23pm
All the dunge has to do is finish the next race basically right?
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
4/23/2016 6:30pm
gsxr6 wrote:
All the dunge has to do is finish the next race basically right?
Basically, if Kenny wins, Dungey has to finish 14th to clinch.
daemon616
4/23/2016 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2016 6:32pm
Um you're wrong. Malcom wouldn't even be in the position he's in if it weren't for a DNF by Jeremy Martin and a DNS by Davalos. They're clearly better riders on the 250F.
Starcrossed
4/23/2016 6:43pm
Roczen's bike was really dialed in for the whoops. He was getting thru them better than anybody. He was just faster than Ryan today.
Kawasaki572
4/23/2016 7:22pm
daemon616 wrote:
Um you're wrong. Malcom wouldn't even be in the position he's in if it weren't for a DNF by Jeremy Martin and a DNS by Davalos...
Um you're wrong. Malcom wouldn't even be in the position he's in if it weren't for a DNF by Jeremy Martin and a DNS by Davalos. They're clearly better riders on the 250F.
I stop reading at "if"
daemon616
4/23/2016 7:38pm
daemon616 wrote:
Um you're wrong. Malcom wouldn't even be in the position he's in if it weren't for a DNF by Jeremy Martin and a DNS by Davalos...
I stop reading at "if"
Right like you think Malcom > Davalos or JMart on a 250F. I've never seen it in a heads up race. EVER. Get over your dumb semantics.
jeffro503
4/23/2016 7:40pm
Man , all I can say is , that was some damn good racing tonight. RD will wrap this thing up next weekend. And Malcolm , as long as he keeps it upright and just puts in a couple more solid finishes , he's got it wrapped up too. He deserves it this this year. Stayed way more consistent then I thought he'd be able to.
4/23/2016 7:40pm
daemon616 wrote:
I stop reading at "if"
Right. There's always an "if"...
NotCore
4/23/2016 7:47pm
daemon616 wrote:
Maybe, but that's not what the accumulated points would indicate. Preparation and execution are key to SX and MX. Davalos lacked on the preparation so far (dns) and Martin on the execution (dnf). Mookie has done better. No way to get around that, it's a fact based on the points so far, and that's how we measure SX.

I was surprised by plessinger. Thought he would be on it on that track and his position in the championship. Nerves? Or something else?

Martin rode as expected, and really same with davalos. They both have the speed to win for sure.
cali11
4/23/2016 7:47pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Malcolm looks tired... Dungey looks fit... Dungey can afford to cruise Malcolm can't...

Yeah he went from a 1 point lead to 5. But I'm sure you know what's best
cali11
4/23/2016 7:55pm
daemon616 wrote:
Hasnt Malcolm had like 2 bad races? Last week he was by far the fastest & crashed like 3 times and still finshed in the top 10!
h&m_cycle
4/23/2016 7:59pm
h&m_cycle wrote:

cali11 wrote:
Yeah he went from a 1 point lead to 5. But I'm sure you know what's best
So you're saying Malcolm slowed up on purpose just to protect his 1 point lead? Instead of keeping the lead & going
for the throat?

What do you think the top 5 finishing order would of been if the race was 30 minutes plus 2?

500guy
4/23/2016 8:02pm
I think Malcolm got tight and was smart enough not to throw it all away.

Dungey looked off and big deal Ken and Eli can race real good after there is no chance of the championship.
h&m_cycle
4/23/2016 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2016 8:36pm
daemon616 wrote:
NotCore wrote:
Maybe, but that's not what the accumulated points would indicate. Preparation and execution are key to SX and MX. Davalos lacked on the preparation so far...
Maybe, but that's not what the accumulated points would indicate. Preparation and execution are key to SX and MX. Davalos lacked on the preparation so far (dns) and Martin on the execution (dnf). Mookie has done better. No way to get around that, it's a fact based on the points so far, and that's how we measure SX.

I was surprised by plessinger. Thought he would be on it on that track and his position in the championship. Nerves? Or something else?

Martin rode as expected, and really same with davalos. They both have the speed to win for sure.
matze
Fantasy
3097th
4/24/2016 4:05am
Dungey was definitely cruising or things were off with his setup. How often this season has he slipped back to fourth?
Well, he said nothing about his bike setup after the race, he said tomac and roczen where just faster. But who knows. He definitely seemed to be a bit slow in the whoops.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
4/24/2016 5:09am
daemon616 wrote:
cali11 wrote:
Hasnt Malcolm had like 2 bad races? Last week he was by far the fastest & crashed like 3 times and still finshed in the top...
Hasnt Malcolm had like 2 bad races? Last week he was by far the fastest & crashed like 3 times and still finshed in the top 10!
3 Really. Atlanta ran into dude in the sand, then toronto crash off the start had to make pit stops and last week.
daemon616
4/24/2016 5:23am
daemon616 wrote:
NotCore wrote:
Maybe, but that's not what the accumulated points would indicate. Preparation and execution are key to SX and MX. Davalos lacked on the preparation so far...

h&m_cycle wrote:
No only someone paying attention would accumulate that. He's not as good as they are period.
blusmbl
4/24/2016 5:27am
h&m_cycle wrote:
So you're saying Malcolm slowed up on purpose just to protect his 1 point lead? Instead of keeping the lead & going for the throat? What...
So you're saying Malcolm slowed up on purpose just to protect his 1 point lead? Instead of keeping the lead & going
for the throat?

What do you think the top 5 finishing order would of been if the race was 30 minutes plus 2?

Why do you bring up outdoors in every supercross thread? Last I checked, SX didn't go for 30+2.
tempura
4/24/2016 5:59am
Roczen smoked Dungey, simple as that. This season, Dungey has displayed an aggressiveness to get an early lead and break away. Today was no exception, but he just didn't have anything on Roczen.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/24/2016 6:44am
daemon616 wrote:
Right like you think Malcom > Davalos or JMart on a 250F. I've never seen it in a heads up race. EVER. Get over your dumb...
Right like you think Malcom > Davalos or JMart on a 250F. I've never seen it in a heads up race. EVER. Get over your dumb semantics.
Indoors yes. Outdoors JMart much faster, when is the last time Davalos has had top results outdoors?
davistld01
4/24/2016 6:54am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2016 6:55am
tempura wrote:
Roczen smoked Dungey, simple as that. This season, Dungey has displayed an aggressiveness to get an early lead and break away. Today was no exception, but...
Roczen smoked Dungey, simple as that. This season, Dungey has displayed an aggressiveness to get an early lead and break away. Today was no exception, but he just didn't have anything on Roczen.
He who gets the start controls the race. Dungey has proven that, the majority of the races this year...and Roczen proved it yesterday. Dungey looked a little "off", and made some mistakes, but he looked like he wasn't pushing it past the brink where he might go down. Way smarter for Ryan to let Kenny win one and come back strong next weekend than to try & prove something he didn't have to, and let KR steal the championship.
4/24/2016 7:05am
Dungey was in an unfortunate circumstance this weekend. He HAD to win to secure the title. Of course he could have won ( the main and the title) so the victory celebration was planned, rehearsed and the KTM brass was flown in, etc. Talk about pressure and stress. He also could have wadded up on that rutted up no traction plywood track and shit canned the whole season. Now they can celebrate the championship in the Big Apple and the story is even better.
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
4/24/2016 7:05am
From the stands..
Mookie got tired and started making mistakes He was sitting down a lot by around lap 9.
Dungey got beat in the whoops.. actually, everyone got beat by Roczen in the whoops.

No "play it safe" strategy at all.
downard254
4/24/2016 7:24am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2016 7:24am
My .02, Kenny was on it, no doubt there, and was not to be denied. Dungey wanted it, but you could tell last night, he just wasn't jiving with the track, or setup, or whatever. It looked like, after a few laps, he said screw it on that narly track and settled for what he could get without throwing away the points lead/title. I think he was pushing just to get back past Anderson. For a while, I thought we were going to see a good Tomac/Roczen battle, but, alas, we were denied.
Mookie looked the same to me as Ryan, he just didn't seem to have the flow going, and rather than risk throwing away the title, just take what you can get. He's still in control of his own destiny.
That track last night is why you shouldn't hold a SX race during the day. The areas where they worked the track, straights and large open turns, the moisture just left the track and the dirt became very loose and grainy. I'd have to say that was probably one of the toughest tracks all year for the riders.

Post a reply to: Dungey and Malcolm

The Latest