Dungey... RC... Gotta love this.

plowboy
7/17/2018 7:31pm
newmann wrote:
Pretty amazing list of accomplishments for a guy who never beat anyone "straight up"...:whistle: Gotta be in it to win it though and eventually all those...
Pretty amazing list of accomplishments for a guy who never beat anyone "straight up"...Whistling

Gotta be in it to win it though and eventually all those goobers are going to realize just how much of a bad ass he was. Always got the job done even if he did have you on the edge of your seat yelling at the TV for him to make a pass.Laughing
Toosano wrote:
Pretty douchey comment. I seem to remember him walking away from everybody in quite a few races. Especially SX.
newmann wrote:
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/Ow59c0pwTPruU/giphy.gif[/img]
Lmfao...I'm on board Newmann. I did the same. C'mon man....pass him already. I never thought he couldn't....but he was just too Damn polite to embarrass another rider by smoking him. Dungey is just so straight....you don't see that sort of integrity very often. If you've ever met him face to face...it's all in his eyes. He is a genuinely good man.
ruskymx
7/17/2018 7:42pm
Looking forward to meeting him at the MXoN Experience. So many good choices to bid on but I kept coming back to the Dunge
Phantom 661
7/17/2018 8:12pm
tkimb wrote:
Out of all the recently retired big names, Dungey is the only one that I would consider a sliiight chance of ever coming back. I see...
Out of all the recently retired big names, Dungey is the only one that I would consider a sliiight chance of ever coming back. I see him as being cool with a 2nd or 3rd championship finish, unlike guys like James or RV
I don't know. Perhaps it might affect Dungey less than it would James or RV at this point. However, it was never in RD to just settle for a championship even when he had no choice in the matter. He's a competitor at heart. Nice seeing him taking some laps on the smoker.

The Shop

IWreckALot
7/17/2018 8:24pm
DTR830 wrote:
Roger Decosters replacement
UpTiTe wrote:
Decoster has a right hand man and a left hand man and both know much more about the business of running a team than Dungey. His...
Decoster has a right hand man and a left hand man and both know much more about the business of running a team than Dungey.

His left hand man was in that vid.
plowboy wrote:
Ok, spill it...who are Rogers "handy" men? Were you inferring Ricky is the lefty? Team and MXdN manager are a custom fit for RC but he...
Ok, spill it...who are Rogers "handy" men? Were you inferring Ricky is the lefty? Team and MXdN manager are a custom fit for RC but he just seems to have a lot of irons in the fire...and those hats are a total commitment. I'd sure like to see it happen and him to find success and satisfaction with it.

I'd like to see an interview with Ricky, Roger, Stephan, Cairoli...those utterly dominant riders...and ask them if they have found a degree of fulfillment/satisfaction that they knew as champions, after they retired. Or, if like Bono, "They still haven't found what they're looking for".
Ian Harrison is largely rumored to be the heir apparent. I am not sure who the right hand man is. But I believe dungey was/is tired of the travel. He seems to miss it a bit now just based on what little we get from him but maintaining sponsors like he is doing can’t last for long. I’d love to see him make a comeback but it would be a bummer to see something bad happen to him in a comeback.

Long term, it would be cool to see dungey be harrisons continuity plan.
dirtnapper
7/17/2018 8:32pm
newmann wrote:
Pretty amazing list of accomplishments for a guy who never beat anyone "straight up"...:whistle: Gotta be in it to win it though and eventually all those...
Pretty amazing list of accomplishments for a guy who never beat anyone "straight up"...Whistling

Gotta be in it to win it though and eventually all those goobers are going to realize just how much of a bad ass he was. Always got the job done even if he did have you on the edge of your seat yelling at the TV for him to make a pass.Laughing
Toosano wrote:
Pretty douchey comment. I seem to remember him walking away from everybody in quite a few races. Especially SX.
UpTiTe wrote:
He was being sarcastic, there's no bigger Dungy fan than Newman
Dirtnapper just took his shirt off

Laughing
make1go
7/17/2018 8:46pm
newmann wrote:

Toosano wrote:
pretty douchie reading skills and the whistling dixie emoti not even register?

up skill..

7/17/2018 9:13pm
jeffro503 wrote:
@1:15.......he's up to something!
I thought the exact same thing.

*shifty eyes*

"Just getting ready for the new....2019....season...."

As a rider, coach or team manager/co-manager, something is on the cards for next year in SX.

BTW, I am not a Dungey fan at all. But I see what I see.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/17/2018 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2018 11:14pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Ian Harrison is largely rumored to be the heir apparent. I am not sure who the right hand man is. But I believe dungey was/is tired...
Ian Harrison is largely rumored to be the heir apparent. I am not sure who the right hand man is. But I believe dungey was/is tired of the travel. He seems to miss it a bit now just based on what little we get from him but maintaining sponsors like he is doing can’t last for long. I’d love to see him make a comeback but it would be a bummer to see something bad happen to him in a comeback.

Long term, it would be cool to see dungey be harrisons continuity plan.
RC has been retired for 10+ years and he's still got Fox, Monster & Suzuki support.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/17/2018 11:17pm
Where's all the footage of this ride day?
Where have you been the past 2 months? Haven't you heard there's a media blackout on two strokes.
Doddy
7/18/2018 12:00am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 11:58pm
We showed up to a signing late(was an hour and half drive after work) so my 3 year old could get her wheaties box signed by Dungey. We stood in line for a while and with about 10 people left or so the team packed up, kids swarming him as he is walking off. Well, I hopped the rope with my daughter, made our way through(not cut in line through a bunch of people) and got his attention. I was expecting the guy to keep walking or be bothered, but instead he turns around and says hi, signs it for her, and throws in a little small talk and keeps signing stuff for other kids on his way out. I think he may have got them all signed actually. We will never forget that, no matter how little it may be to some. To us that means something. It's going to be sweet to see him race at straight rhythm this year on a smoker Wink
Sideways
7/18/2018 2:24am
You think dungey could jump in next national and podium? I think he could.
Zaugg
7/18/2018 6:30am
Roger has a great team around him with Ian, Ryan M, and Steph (not in the video).

Dungey isn't looking for work and certainly isn't looking for the commitment of having to be everywhere all the time.

He just got a new wakeboard boat...give the man some time to learn how to surf. haha
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
7/18/2018 7:48am
For some reason the little bit of riding leaves me more impressed with Dungey. He clearly doesnt have what you could call 'natural talent', like he aint making no Josh Hill or Josh Hansen Instabangers. Those guys are naturally gifted with a flowing effortless style, Dungey just put in the work to get fit, master the fundamentals and stay consistently fast. It really shows how important hard work is over flash.
tprice07
7/18/2018 8:00am
Ryan is a great athlete and a great person overall. He is a good asset to our sport and brings a level of professionalism that is unseen in today's world.

That said, I think he accomplished what he wanted. I think his move to retire was the right move. He got out healthy and left the door open for a few guys to step up.

Right now we need someone with a bit more flare. I'm not saying that we need someone with flare to grow the sport...I think we need that to even maintain what we have. Personality or at least some kind of narrative is what will keep people interested.
zehn
7/18/2018 8:04am
Zacka 161 wrote:
For some reason the little bit of riding leaves me more impressed with Dungey. He clearly doesnt have what you could call 'natural talent', like he...
For some reason the little bit of riding leaves me more impressed with Dungey. He clearly doesnt have what you could call 'natural talent', like he aint making no Josh Hill or Josh Hansen Instabangers. Those guys are naturally gifted with a flowing effortless style, Dungey just put in the work to get fit, master the fundamentals and stay consistently fast. It really shows how important hard work is over flash.
Dungey doesn’t have natural talent but Roger D picked him out of the B Class as a basically unknown rider..... gotcha
Donovan759
7/18/2018 8:10am
Zacka 161 wrote:
For some reason the little bit of riding leaves me more impressed with Dungey. He clearly doesnt have what you could call 'natural talent', like he...
zehn wrote:
Dungey doesn’t have natural talent but Roger D picked him out of the B Class as a basically unknown rider..... gotcha
lol. beat me to it zehn. *insert owen wilson "wow"*
zehn
7/18/2018 8:26am
Donovan759 wrote:
lol. beat me to it zehn. *insert owen wilson "wow"*
It seems all people care about these days is who can throw the best oppo for the gram. Jump for show, corner for dough. Roger said he’d never seen corner speed like Ryan’s
RCF
7/18/2018 8:53am
Yes KTM has been selling them for years
newmann
7/18/2018 10:27am
Zacka 161 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Think Jeff Stanton, not David Bailey or JMB. Dungey had to work his ass off for it and often times won championships without winning races. He knew how to put a race together together and while it may not have been the prettiest or smoothest, he wrapped up a hell of a career.

How many championships did Dungey win? How many did Stanton win?
7/18/2018 11:56am
Zacka 161 wrote:
zehn wrote:
newmann wrote:
Think Jeff Stanton, not David Bailey or JMB. Dungey had to work his ass off for it and often times won championships without winning races. He...
Think Jeff Stanton, not David Bailey or JMB. Dungey had to work his ass off for it and often times won championships without winning races. He knew how to put a race together together and while it may not have been the prettiest or smoothest, he wrapped up a hell of a career.

I thought Tim Ferry was the only guy to win a championship without winning a race?
7/18/2018 12:01pm
RCF wrote:
Yes KTM has been selling them for years [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/18/275290/s1200_Screenshot_2018_07_17_13_50_42.jpg[/img]
I stand corrected. I've never seen a Redbull helmet that didn't belong to a sponsored athlete.
RCF
7/18/2018 12:52pm
RCF wrote:
Yes KTM has been selling them for years [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/18/275290/s1200_Screenshot_2018_07_17_13_50_42.jpg[/img]
I stand corrected. I've never seen a Redbull helmet that didn't belong to a sponsored athlete.
That's actually a bad example that's a knock off the one that KTM sells is by kini same as the clothes they sell

zehn
7/18/2018 2:42pm
newmann wrote:
Think Jeff Stanton, not David Bailey or JMB. Dungey had to work his ass off for it and often times won championships without winning races. He...

Not sure where you’re going with this one newmann. Every champion has had to work his ass off for the win, regardless of whether it looked like it or not. And to my knowledge, Dungey has far more championships than Stanton
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
7/18/2018 3:42pm
Zacka 161 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Roger gets way to much credit for Dungey. Cole Gress found him and brought him to the table.
newmann
7/18/2018 3:53pm
newmann wrote:

zehn wrote:
Not sure where you’re going with this one newmann. Every champion has had to work his ass off for the win, regardless of whether it looked...
Not sure where you’re going with this one newmann. Every champion has had to work his ass off for the win, regardless of whether it looked like it or not. And to my knowledge, Dungey has far more championships than Stanton
Far more?

https://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/jeff-stanton/points

Of course Vital doesn't seem to think small bore championships count. I see 6 for Stanton and 7 big bike for Dungey.

https://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/ryan-dungey/points

And of course they all had to work their ass off for it. Well except maybe for Bayle ...lol. He thought carving his initials in the hillside was training.Laughing

Post a reply to: Dungey... RC... Gotta love this.

The Latest