Dungey Progress??

hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:42pm
All is extremely quiet from the KTM camp. Obviously they (like every other team) are hard at work with noses to the grindstone getting ready for A1. I am just wondering if anyone has any updates on how the new bike and Ryan are coming along?
|
StatutoryApe
11/27/2011 9:08pm
Me too, although i don't think they really need to work on much, but i do think RD5 needs to work on twisting the throttle a little harder if he wants to hang with RV2 and JS7 this year. The line up is stacked and to win '12 championship he will need some race wins, and i don't see that happening unless he starts being aggressive and not so damn passive. I'am a big RD5 fan, i just want to see him kill it this year..
EvanR127
11/27/2011 9:14pm
^ With how many guys there is that can win a main event : top 5 plus others w/ luck like Windham, grant,.........

The championship will likely go to some1 who makes the podium every race, which I think Dungey can do.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/27/2011 9:21pm
I haven't seen him lately, but the progress that I saw between the week before the Monster Energy Cup and a couple weeks afterwards was impressive. I also hear things have been going really well in Florida.
StatutoryApe
11/27/2011 9:25pm
EvanR127 wrote:
^ With how many guys there is that can win a main event : top 5 plus others w/ luck like Windham, grant,......... The championship will...
^ With how many guys there is that can win a main event : top 5 plus others w/ luck like Windham, grant,.........

The championship will likely go to some1 who makes the podium every race, which I think Dungey can do.
Very true, either way, if everyone stays healthy this will be an awesome season.

The Shop

11/27/2011 9:33pm
I think Dungey has as good of a chance of winning titles this year as anyone if he rides the same as last year. If he can make more passes on the other true contenders and be consistently more aggressive, then look out!

I have a good feeling about him this year being back with the other RD, and having a change of scenery with KTM. I'm hoping it will raise his confidence level. If the bike is good, so too will be the Dunge.
nytsmaC
11/27/2011 9:39pm
He's got a great advantage that they are starting from scratch with new bike. They can practically clone a RMZ if they want to, one thing is for sure the production 2013 KTM will be a RD works replica.
Lightning78
11/27/2011 10:21pm
nytsmaC wrote:
He's got a great advantage that they are starting from scratch with new bike. They can practically clone a RMZ if they want to, one thing...
He's got a great advantage that they are starting from scratch with new bike. They can practically clone a RMZ if they want to, one thing is for sure the production 2013 KTM will be a RD works replica.
No doubt in my mind that 2013 or 2012.5 RD replica bike will absolutely smoke the other 4 competitors, MXA gave the very high praise to the 2011 and 2012 even winning shootouts. Now if this bike is, from what ive heard 6 - 10lbs lighter and far more refined in a steel frame it will set a new standard for motocross bikes. Just my opinion I am a Suzuki guy but not too proud to admit the writing is on the wall.

I believe this bike will be as light if not lighter than the Honda and all that with electric start!! KTM is quickly taking over and the Japanese Mfg's seem docile and almost willing to let it happen, their bikes are largely unchanged year to year in their most current generations .... when have we gone this many years with such minimal changes as BNG's and a clutch actuator arm. Yessir I'd LOVE to buy a 250lb $8,000 Mx bike :haha:

Once I have the funds in place, my next bike will most definitely be a KTM250sx Smoker, although Id like to have this new 450 as well. I want both!!!!
jeffro503
11/27/2011 11:29pm
Dungey is a smart kid....and all business! He comes across ( to me anyways ) as a racer that will keep testing , testing and testing until he has that sucker setup correctly. I'm actually really interested in seeing how he will do this season...new bike , new team and he lost both plates to RV. I bet we see the kid on a mission this winter. I wish him the best....he's a great kid!
RaceFace
11/28/2011 4:57am
nytsmaC wrote:
He's got a great advantage that they are starting from scratch with new bike. They can practically clone a RMZ if they want to, one thing...
No doubt in my mind that 2013 or 2012.5 RD replica bike will absolutely smoke the other 4 competitors, MXA gave the very high praise to...
No doubt in my mind that 2013 or 2012.5 RD replica bike will absolutely smoke the other 4 competitors, MXA gave the very high praise to the 2011 and 2012 even winning shootouts. Now if this bike is, from what ive heard 6 - 10lbs lighter and far more refined in a steel frame it will set a new standard for motocross bikes. Just my opinion I am a Suzuki guy but not too proud to admit the writing is on the wall.

I believe this bike will be as light if not lighter than the Honda and all that with electric start!! KTM is quickly taking over and the Japanese Mfg's seem docile and almost willing to let it happen, their bikes are largely unchanged year to year in their most current generations .... when have we gone this many years with such minimal changes as BNG's and a clutch actuator arm. Yessir I'd LOVE to buy a 250lb $8,000 Mx bike :haha:

Once I have the funds in place, my next bike will most definitely be a KTM250sx Smoker, although Id like to have this new 450 as well. I want both!!!!
What on Earth did KTM all of a sudden stumble on some undiscovered engineering/technology that moto has not yet seen? It is really fascinating how KTM is being hyped into this unbelievable head-and-shoulders-better bike all of a sudden. Guess what, the advantage any of the bikes has is small over any other. It mostly comes down to personal preference, but there is nothing KTM is going to do or say that is going to make Dungey BETTER or FASTER than he was on his Suzuki. I fully expect that the KTM isn't going to give him as much in the form of results as the Suzuki did. Sorry to dash everyone's hopes, but this is getting stupid. This was all supposed to happen 2 years ago when the 350 was introduced, with Mike Alessi on board. People still argue that what we saw is not reality.
Loose
11/28/2011 6:12am
EvanR127 wrote:
^ With how many guys there is that can win a main event : top 5 plus others w/ luck like Windham, grant,......... The championship will...

Without sounding too patriotic might I suggest there is an Australian rider who has a pretty good record for podiums.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
11/28/2011 6:12am
RaceFace wrote:
What on Earth did KTM all of a sudden stumble on some undiscovered engineering/technology that moto has not yet seen? It is really fascinating how KTM...
What on Earth did KTM all of a sudden stumble on some undiscovered engineering/technology that moto has not yet seen? It is really fascinating how KTM is being hyped into this unbelievable head-and-shoulders-better bike all of a sudden. Guess what, the advantage any of the bikes has is small over any other. It mostly comes down to personal preference, but there is nothing KTM is going to do or say that is going to make Dungey BETTER or FASTER than he was on his Suzuki. I fully expect that the KTM isn't going to give him as much in the form of results as the Suzuki did. Sorry to dash everyone's hopes, but this is getting stupid. This was all supposed to happen 2 years ago when the 350 was introduced, with Mike Alessi on board. People still argue that what we saw is not reality.
I believe Roger makes Ryan a better rider. I think Ryan has the respect to listen, learn, and adjust from Roger's analysis. I don't think Mike has the same relationship.
Shawn142
11/28/2011 6:54am
According to Matthes, Dungey said via his agent that he wants to do no media interviews at all during the off-season before A1. He just wants to put his head down and work.
therealjonon
11/28/2011 7:58am
Shawn142 wrote:
According to Matthes, Dungey said via his agent that he wants to do no media interviews at all during the off-season before A1. He just wants...
According to Matthes, Dungey said via his agent that he wants to do no media interviews at all during the off-season before A1. He just wants to put his head down and work.
i wanna know why he does an interview with PitPassRadio then and not pulpmx or DMXS....I personally think he needs to do more interviews...Hes fairly quiet to the outsiders and we like hearing whats going on...
wow123
11/28/2011 8:07am
Shawn142 wrote:
According to Matthes, Dungey said via his agent that he wants to do no media interviews at all during the off-season before A1. He just wants...
And thats a good thing, most early 20 somethings cant put 2 words together and hes a great example!

Guess what, the advantage any of the bikes has is small over any other. It mostly comes down to personal preference, but there is nothing KTM is going to do or say that is going to make Dungey BETTER or FASTER than he was on his Suzuki. I fully expect that the KTM isn't going to give him as much in the form of results as the Suzuki did.

@ raceface, so you say that most bikes are very close it dont matter yet go on to say the ktm is not as good as the suzuki!

get your story straight, what is it, bikes dont matter or the ktm is shit?

must be an early 20s something...lol
Predator
11/28/2011 8:09am
RaceFace wrote:
What on Earth did KTM all of a sudden stumble on some undiscovered engineering/technology that moto has not yet seen? It is really fascinating how KTM...
ToolMaker wrote:
I believe Roger makes Ryan a better rider. I think Ryan has the respect to listen, learn, and adjust from Roger's analysis. I don't think Mike...
I believe Roger makes Ryan a better rider. I think Ryan has the respect to listen, learn, and adjust from Roger's analysis. I don't think Mike has the same relationship.
Exactly.... I mean c'mon RaceFace your not really comparing apples to apples here. Alessi is no Dungey and the new EFI 450 they're developing is head n shoulders above that 350. His speed will be there and he will compete for this title. IMO I don't think anybody has the speed of RV and JS but then again I don't think anybody has the consistency of RD and CR. So let's just see which aproach wins the title shall we.....
11/28/2011 8:32am
How is winning an AMA Supercross title, AMA Outdoors title, the MXON and MEC all in a row not looked upon as consistency?

RV is the man to beat this year, no doubt about it.
Predator
11/28/2011 8:44am
How is winning an AMA Supercross title, AMA Outdoors title, the MXON and MEC all in a row not looked upon as consistency? RV is the...
How is winning an AMA Supercross title, AMA Outdoors title, the MXON and MEC all in a row not looked upon as consistency?

Calm down RV fanboy.... did you not see the part where I said nobody has the speed as he does (except maybe JS)? And missing a main in SX is not exactly consistency in book....
chrisbuehler
11/28/2011 8:46am
wow123 wrote:
And thats a good thing, most early 20 somethings cant put 2 words together and hes a great example! [b]Guess what, the advantage any of the...
And thats a good thing, most early 20 somethings cant put 2 words together and hes a great example!

Guess what, the advantage any of the bikes has is small over any other. It mostly comes down to personal preference, but there is nothing KTM is going to do or say that is going to make Dungey BETTER or FASTER than he was on his Suzuki. I fully expect that the KTM isn't going to give him as much in the form of results as the Suzuki did.

@ raceface, so you say that most bikes are very close it dont matter yet go on to say the ktm is not as good as the suzuki!

You watch the races? He cant put 2 words together? The perception that Dungey is a bad podium interview is just wrong. Maybe the first couple years, yes a robot. But the guys been on the podium, what almost every race for 2yrs? He speaks just fine and doesnt just rattle off the sponsors tags. Most people are just being parrots of each other when they say Dungey is a robot
Racer92
11/28/2011 8:51am
No way that Pumpkin will be as good at the RMZ. Dungey might get good results at A1, but he will have to work harder for it. James and Villipoto are gonna be crazy fast pushing each other and its just gonna be a really scary pace.

The Japanese may be doing some questionable/confusing marketing actions in recent years, but they make a better SX bike than the Euros.
bangmyhead
11/28/2011 10:24am
RD def has some work to put in!!
IWreckALot
11/28/2011 11:11am
Dungey might have gotten a bit gapped in the MEC but he was able to stay on Poto's heels for a good bit of the race. . . and that was when he was brand new to the bike. Imagine the progress he can make with a few months behind the handlebars. The bike itself might be equal or better than the RM, but I believe the relationship between Dungey and Decoster can make more impact than the bike can. I also think that Dungey, Decoster and KTM have a bigger budget for testing and won't be afraid to test new ideas.
TeamGreen
11/28/2011 11:38am
As Indicated by his ability on the new bike in Vegas last month...

He's going to be VERY competitive when the gate drops at A1.

Even RV was giving him props in his latest interviews.
tbanks
11/28/2011 11:52am
How is winning an AMA Supercross title, AMA Outdoors title, the MXON and MEC all in a row not looked upon as consistency? RV is the...

So true^^^^ at the MEC it seemed like he was barely trying. I know it was RD's first race, but IMO he just has to get more aggressive. Dungey learned alot from Ricky in letting the other riders around you make mistakes, but he needs RC's aggressiveness to take his riding to the next level.

Personally I think Dungey and co will have a tough time with Canard and Stewart this year. I think they will be hungry and out to prove to the world that they deserve the number 1 plate. This will be a good SX season if everyone stays healthy.
burnside
11/28/2011 12:02pm
EvanR127 wrote:

That tactic alone won't work with Reed in the series!
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
11/28/2011 1:38pm
Like most recent seasons before it, 2012 will be a test of skill and consistency. The bike will only play a small role in the outcome. How good will Dungey's KTM be? Good enough to win.

Dungey, Villopoto, Stewart, Reed and probably Canard will all have to deal with each other on a nightly basis. He who can do it most efficiently the largest number of times will be the champion, regardless of bike brand.
Faceaz
11/28/2011 2:31pm
Shawn142 wrote:
wow123 wrote:
And thats a good thing, most early 20 somethings cant put 2 words together and hes a great example! [b]Guess what, the advantage any of the...

Right on the money with the contradiction.

IMO, they will have an excellent bike, maybe a little better than the competition off the showroom floor. It will be substantially lighter than the previous model & right in line with the competition but with electric start.

At the factory level, it's all about traction control IMO. Though most see the rules as cut & dry, I think they are aren't. They say something to the affect of - no devices shall be used for the sole purpose of traction control. But, the bikes already have the components necessary for traction control - computer, rpm sensor, etc. - so is it really illegal if they are using devices that also have other purposes? Anyway, with the power these bikes are making, whichever team harnesses it the best, will have the best bike.
burb
11/28/2011 3:04pm
Dungey will win second best championship
11/28/2011 3:10pm
burb wrote:
Dungey will win second best championship
Pretty sure he's racing in the States.

Just kidding Euros! Tongue

Post a reply to: Dungey Progress??

The Latest