Dungey Outdoors ‘18?

Flip109
3/29/2018 9:29am
He should come back and race the next 2-3 years outdoors. Safer and less rounds. More time off. His consistency and speed he’d win another championship and have some fun.
aeffertz
3/29/2018 9:39am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2018 9:41am
Flip109 wrote:
He should come back and race the next 2-3 years outdoors. Safer and less rounds. More time off. His consistency and speed he’d win another championship...
He should come back and race the next 2-3 years outdoors. Safer and less rounds. More time off. His consistency and speed he’d win another championship and have some fun.
He broke his neck last time he raced outdoors...
Flip109
3/29/2018 10:06am
Flip109 wrote:
He should come back and race the next 2-3 years outdoors. Safer and less rounds. More time off. His consistency and speed he’d win another championship...
aeffertz wrote:
He broke his neck last time he raced outdoors...
Yep and It’s still safer than supercross.....
Asimo
3/29/2018 11:22am
I'll say 5 years before people give up on this. It's finally dying down with JS7. A little bit.

If Dungey can't find some fun with all that money, he should buy a cat. Riding is fun, racing is work.

The Shop

PRM31
3/29/2018 11:36am
Whatever RD5 decides to do, he'll do well. I'm surprised he's not racing road bikes or doing Ironman Triathlons.
51xc
3/29/2018 12:57pm
PRM31 wrote:
Whatever RD5 decides to do, he'll do well. I'm surprised he's not racing road bikes or doing Ironman Triathlons.
racing road bikes is a whole different ball game. he sure has the stamina but road cycling is very technical. if you have no clue about tactics etc. you can be the fittest guy on earth and still suck at world tour cycling. cyclocross and xc mtb could be a much better choice someone like him.
gt80rider
3/29/2018 1:18pm
51xc wrote:
racing road bikes is a whole different ball game. he sure has the stamina but road cycling is very technical. if you have no clue about...
racing road bikes is a whole different ball game. he sure has the stamina but road cycling is very technical. if you have no clue about tactics etc. you can be the fittest guy on earth and still suck at world tour cycling. cyclocross and xc mtb could be a much better choice someone like him.
Rd5 might be the smartest, most calculated, rider of all time. So, IMO, if it takes tactics, Dungey would crush it.
86honda
3/29/2018 1:39pm
You mean dude want go outside? Hit him on the nose with a newspaper.
Mikep147
3/29/2018 4:14pm
So the guy who got out of his contract early so he didn't have to race the outdoors is coming back a year later so he...
So the guy who got out of his contract early so he didn't have to race the outdoors is coming back a year later so he can race the outdoors? It'd be awesome to see but I am very doubtful.
This !
NorCal 50+
3/29/2018 5:30pm
Does Dungey have kids? If he doesn't, what the hell does he do with all his time and all those millions? He's probably bored shitless. He doesn't even seem like a guy that wants to go party.
He seems like a dude that needs serious goals and a serious program. Of course, I have never even met the guy, so I don't really know. But you don't win all those championships by "sorta loving" motocross. He bored the crap out of me as a rider with his wooden personality but something funny happens when people go away- you appreciate their presence more.
GPrider
3/29/2018 5:40pm
just got a text from Ryan, he said no, he retired, remember?

now that we got that out of the way I will text js7, Jlaw, Austin Stroup, Nicco, RV, ect..hang tight, be back soon with answers

cant believe I was stupid enough to even look at this tread. Wish I was an admin, I would delete this crap so quick. My guess is they get paid by the clicks on this site so they allow dumb shit like this?A little integrity would go a long way.
Flatliner
3/29/2018 6:03pm
mx196 wrote:
RC I’m guessing would have easily won ‘07 outdoor title like you said. I also think ‘08 indoors (Chads last sx title) RC could have won...
RC I’m guessing would have easily won ‘07 outdoor title like you said. I also think ‘08 indoors (Chads last sx title) RC could have won. 08 outdoors I don’t think RC would have beat stew. Then of course 09 outdoors he could’ve beat Chad since stew went sx only.
I’m reasonably sure that one of the reasons RC retired was chronic fatigue syndrome, his body couldn’t take the training anymore.

So he was still fast but probably getting sick.
WillyB
3/29/2018 8:01pm
8 miles, 7 minute pace. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

JB 19
3/29/2018 8:07pm
GPrider wrote:
just got a text from Ryan, he said no, he retired, remember? now that we got that out of the way I will text js7, Jlaw...
just got a text from Ryan, he said no, he retired, remember?

now that we got that out of the way I will text js7, Jlaw, Austin Stroup, Nicco, RV, ect..hang tight, be back soon with answers

cant believe I was stupid enough to even look at this tread. Wish I was an admin, I would delete this crap so quick. My guess is they get paid by the clicks on this site so they allow dumb shit like this?A little integrity would go a long way.

bents
Fantasy
909th
3/29/2018 10:13pm
Here is a thought-IF he comes back, he returns without the pressure of being the man to beat, which is why he left in the first place. He gets to race with "house money" and that would be a nice change for the lad. Ask Anderson how easy it is to carry and maintain a lead. Everyone wants to be the man, but few can actually deal with what is required to carry this burden. Its one thing to get there, its another thing to stay there.
51xc
3/30/2018 4:45am
gt80rider wrote:
Rd5 might be the smartest, most calculated, rider of all time. So, IMO, if it takes tactics, Dungey would crush it.
true but it's not like you can learn it quick. it takes years to understand different race cenarios etc. it's a team sport, so it's not just about what you can do for yourself but also how to aproach a race as a team. 180 miles on bicycle with an average of 26 miles/h doesn't allow much for errors. I'd like to see him try it but...he should stick to something that is similar to the fitness requirements and race characteristics of sx/mx. that's where he could excel.
mx_563
3/30/2018 8:07am
Turbojez wrote:
You clearly haven't seen a lot of GP's this year. I'm a big Dungey fan, but I don't see him keeping up with Cairoli and Herlings...
You clearly haven't seen a lot of GP's this year. I'm a big Dungey fan, but I don't see him keeping up with Cairoli and Herlings.

I would love to see Ryan back out there, but I highly doubt he'll race pro again. His neck injury sustained during 2017 outdoors was a wake up call for him, made him realize a lot of bad shit can happen when you're out there on the track.
Perhaps (I'm just speculating) it would be "easy money" because he wouldn't actually need to keep up with anybody for it to be lucrative. Just get top-10s, ride safely, collect a paycheck, and spend a good part of the year exploring Europe with Lindsey. Maybe not "easy" money, but not as difficult as it could be.

I agree though that the point is moot because it's not going to happen.

Pozdrawiam ze Stanow!
Lightning78
3/30/2018 11:51pm
mx196 wrote:
RC I’m guessing would have easily won ‘07 outdoor title like you said. I also think ‘08 indoors (Chads last sx title) RC could have won...
RC I’m guessing would have easily won ‘07 outdoor title like you said. I also think ‘08 indoors (Chads last sx title) RC could have won. 08 outdoors I don’t think RC would have beat stew. Then of course 09 outdoors he could’ve beat Chad since stew went sx only.
Flatliner wrote:
I’m reasonably sure that one of the reasons RC retired was chronic fatigue syndrome, his body couldn’t take the training anymore. So he was still fast...
I’m reasonably sure that one of the reasons RC retired was chronic fatigue syndrome, his body couldn’t take the training anymore.

So he was still fast but probably getting sick.
Would you say he was sick and tired of being sick and tired?
3/31/2018 5:47am
mac3-d wrote:
Ha my dad had rented out our back field (11 acres ) to a local farmer who put in sugar beat (feed for cattle) my brother...
Ha my dad had rented out our back field (11 acres ) to a local farmer who put in sugar beat (feed for cattle) my brother & I went in & made a course for our bikes in it . We went in most days after school before dad come home from work . He only found out when the farmer mentioned to him a course was in the middle of of the crop. Dad wasn't in the least annoyed even laughed about it . The perfect secret track
Ha ha, back in the 80’s on the family farm I had a woods moto track and I would shoot out of the woods and into the crop fields and tear it up. My cousin who farmed it would get pissed at me and would plow the berms flat and laugh at me, a weekend later I would tear his corn, wheat and beans back out. Lol good times.
3/31/2018 10:37am
B DUB 333 wrote:
If I were him I'd go to the gp series. Ez money honey. Last year Dungey raced Tomac, Tomac had him covered. He'd at least podium...
If I were him I'd go to the gp series. Ez money honey. Last year Dungey raced Tomac, Tomac had him covered. He'd at least podium every round in the gee pee's if not get the w
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Good one.
3/31/2018 4:08pm
Beeby wrote:
To be clear, people are begging for Stewart to return or announce his retirement and won’t believe he is retired until he says it. Dungey announces...
To be clear, people are begging for Stewart to return or announce his retirement and won’t believe he is retired until he says it.

Dungey announces he has retired and people won’t believe it?

How does someone leave the sport?
Seems like a fair amount of riders 'retire' only to return a few years later, and do pretty well for themselves at that. Recent examples

Dan Reardon - Didn't touch a dirtbike for 2 years then comes back and is travelling the world racing again, won a championship in Australia, rode an SX season for Star Yamaha.

Villopoto - Hardly touched a bike for 2 years and now he's riding every bike he can get his hands on and doing lots of events. He's either broke or caught the bug again.

Christian Craig - Retired for good then came back and is doing fairly well.

Blake Wharton - Retired and is now back and did pretty well at the East/West shootout.

Ben Townley - Retired and then came back with an amazing ride at the MXON in France.

If retirement really meant retirement, people would drop the issue, but it never does, especially when riders are retiring at the peak of their career rather than the end. Sat on the couch watching the races knowing that your fitness is still excellent and that you could have a factory KTM under you with just 1 phone call and be beating most/all of the guys out there at the moment must be a strange feeling.

greenmx5
3/31/2018 4:44pm
Dungey has more of a chance of coming back than stew. So theres that
3/31/2018 5:02pm
Dungey doesn't impress me as the kind of fellow to retire and then change his mind. I seriously doubt we'll ever see him racing a whole series again, but it wouldn't shock me if he lined up for Millville, or some other outdoor race, just for fun.
B DUB 333
3/31/2018 6:00pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
If I were him I'd go to the gp series. Ez money honey. Last year Dungey raced Tomac, Tomac had him covered. He'd at least podium...
If I were him I'd go to the gp series. Ez money honey. Last year Dungey raced Tomac, Tomac had him covered. He'd at least podium every round in the gee pee's if not get the w
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Good one.
Finally, someone who gets satire. After herlings won valkenswaard I posted that I think he's the fmop currently, I know the damn gp's are great right now. BUT- The mxdn is here this year people, it's time to start messin with the rest of the world! RED BUD!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait. I went to budds and thunder Valley, budds was awesome, thunder was good but not as good, I'm hoping red bud is better than both.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
3/31/2018 6:52pm
ga_pike wrote:
Honestly, I see JS7 showing up before RD5.
Have you seen a recent picture of James? He's closer to RC's "shape" than Dungey's "shape". Dunge is still a fitness beast. Neither is coming back to race unless it's something like Straight Rhythm, like RV did last year.

Post a reply to: Dungey Outdoors ‘18?

The Latest