Dungey Lost it in the whoops

bobojim
Edited Date/Time 4/26/2017 4:10pm
Based on lap times (see http://racerxonline.com/2017/04/25/sign-of-the-lap-times-salt-lake-city), Dungey was about 0.5 sec slower in the woops and about 0.5 sec slower per lap on average.

In other words Eli was not much (if at all) faster elsewhere.

Go practice whoops Ryan Tongue
|
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
4/25/2017 3:31pm
All Eli sees when he's in last is a bunch of turtles in front of him. Dungey happens to be one of those turtles at the moment, hopefully he kicks himself for letting Eli chase him down like that and he fights a little harder this weekend. I would crown Eli right now as champion if I could but I still want to see Dungey not get turtle'd by Tomac at least once.
TDeath21
4/25/2017 3:35pm
Tomac was laying it all out there. He took a lot of risks. Dungey is doing what Dungey does. Honestly, more often than not in these situations, the rider with Dungey's approach wins the championship.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/25/2017 4:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 4:38pm
He also lost it in the corners.
I mean just looks at this
He has to wheelie through the rut, otherwise the footpeg would be about an inch into the ground

The Shop

Shaned9326
4/25/2017 5:38pm
Look t t next weekends track guys!!! Ryan gonna need more than holeshot to be in same p code as tomac!!! Proofs in da pudding!!
Yamaknockers
4/25/2017 5:42pm
It looked to me like dungey was losing everywhere. I agree Eli sees him as a turdle
nh651
4/25/2017 6:21pm
Dungey had a clear track Eli had to come through the pack.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
4/25/2017 6:42pm
I rewatched the races again last night. Once Eli got into 11th place which was around the end of the first lap, he literally passed everyone in front of him (every single rider) in the exact same spot on the track. It was the corner at the end of the whoops section. He just carried more speed into, through, and out of the whoops and then cut the corner short, yet triplednoit of it. It's where he made up all of his time. He did try to pass Dungey once but it didn't stick and Dungey got back around him momentarily. Then as soon as he hit the whoops again, he got Dungey for good in the corner after. I'm surprised Carlos wasn't giving info on the sign board to blitz whoops more aggressively.

Eli was just so impressive in that section, not only his entry speed into the whoops but is exit speed, yet with the ability to still make the corner and triple out. Crazy skill level. Nobody was able to compete with him
RbR
4/25/2017 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 6:48pm
Tomac has been consistently faster through the whoop sections and he's cornering better too. Tomac's corner speed is what really impresses me.
Ted722
4/25/2017 6:52pm
Eli's performance was impressive. That Factory KX450's performance was impressive as well (and has been since February). Let's go with 90% rider, 10% percent bike. That team's getting the full 100% right now. That's not an excuse for Dungey, that's a tip of the cap to Tomac and Team Kawasaki.
JAFO92
4/25/2017 7:15pm
Dungey looked much better on the Zook than that Pumpkin.
Hut
4/25/2017 7:27pm
It did look like Tomac made up his time in the whoops but I can't help but think; even if they graded the whoops flat he would have smoked everyone.
JB151MX
4/25/2017 7:42pm
I don't care what a laptime has to say... I guess u didn't watch the race? Lol at least i hope u didn't with that kind of accusation... Because eli was clearly faster on every single part of the track!Sick
JB151MX
4/25/2017 7:48pm
crusty_xx wrote:
He also lost it in the corners. I mean just looks at this He has to wheelie through the rut, otherwise the footpeg would be about...
He also lost it in the corners.
I mean just looks at this
He has to wheelie through the rut, otherwise the footpeg would be about an inch into the ground

Amazing!!! Exactly buddy f a lap chart or a litpro. That pics tells the story! That has to be the sickest inside rut pic I've ever seen! Wow
FTB
4/25/2017 7:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 8:01pm
I think you're all slightly over excited. They were racing at altitude. It effected Anderson, who trains with RD#5, but you think Dungey is superman. He's not, he's as human as Anderson. You all must be breathing thin air ATM as well. The Kawy had more power at altitude and so did the rider. I doubt it'll be that easy for Tomac in the next couple of rounds. I hope he does win it, but i can't see it being easy, not by a long shot.

It's also easier to chase someone down in the points than it is to lead from the front. It's Tomac's title to lose now. The tide has turned and the presure is all on Eli.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
4/25/2017 8:10pm
FTB wrote:
I think you're all slightly over excited. They were racing at altitude. It effected Anderson, who trains with RD#5, but you think Dungey is superman. He's...
I think you're all slightly over excited. They were racing at altitude. It effected Anderson, who trains with RD#5, but you think Dungey is superman. He's not, he's as human as Anderson. You all must be breathing thin air ATM as well. The Kawy had more power at altitude and so did the rider. I doubt it'll be that easy for Tomac in the next couple of rounds. I hope he does win it, but i can't see it being easy, not by a long shot.

It's also easier to chase someone down in the points than it is to lead from the front. It's Tomac's title to lose now. The tide has turned and the presure is all on Eli.
Lmao
JB151MX
4/25/2017 8:10pm
FTB wrote:
I think you're all slightly over excited. They were racing at altitude. It effected Anderson, who trains with RD#5, but you think Dungey is superman. He's...

You sir have a very valid point, i considered it while picking my fantasy picks but thinking about just how dominate he was.... Kawi testing on his ranch a lot... Again very good point sir
C_Hart3
4/25/2017 8:11pm
FTB wrote:

It affected Anderson because he suffers from altitude sickness. Which is why he flew in the morning and left that night.

So your saying Eli was only so dominant because the Kawi performs better in altitude? If that's the case then why didn't Justin Hill dominante? He said in the press conference that he wasn't affected by the altitude, that he didn't notice it.

Eli's ride was nothing short of amazing, even if the altitude helped him.
JB151MX
4/25/2017 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 8:16pm
FTB wrote:

C_Hart3 wrote:
It affected Anderson because he suffers from altitude sickness. Which is why he flew in the morning and left that night. So your saying Eli was...
It affected Anderson because he suffers from altitude sickness. Which is why he flew in the morning and left that night.

So your saying Eli was only so dominant because the Kawi performs better in altitude? If that's the case then why didn't Justin Hill dominante? He said in the press conference that he wasn't affected by the altitude, that he didn't notice it.

Mitch and pc don't test in Colorado like factory kawi bud, this guy above has a very valid point that, u are over looking...
Hut
4/25/2017 8:17pm
FTB wrote:

Holy shit dude this ain't the girl scouts
JB151MX
4/25/2017 8:20pm
Eli has already been whopping that ass... Give him a egde.... Well u see the aftermath
JB151MX
4/25/2017 8:22pm
FTB wrote:

Hut wrote:
Holy shit dude this ain't the girl scouts
Did ur boy scout leader convince u of that while he fondled u to make u feel comfortableWoohoo
FTB
4/25/2017 8:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 8:32pm
FTB wrote:

C_Hart3 wrote:
It affected Anderson because he suffers from altitude sickness. Which is why he flew in the morning and left that night. So your saying Eli was...

The Kawy was performing better at that altitude. Grant's bike also looked the business.

Team Kawy may not practice at altitude. but Eli would, I'm betting he'd have a good setup for that kind of altitude himself. I think Eli would've been more of the advantage than the bike. The air is thin up there.
JB151MX
4/25/2017 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 8:34pm
^^^ You can bet the ranch the semi and techs have been at his place several times!
cali11
4/25/2017 8:37pm
bobojim wrote:
Based on lap times (see http://racerxonline.com/2017/04/25/sign-of-the-lap-times-salt-lake-city), Dungey was about 0.5 sec slower in the woops and about 0.5 sec slower per lap on average. In other...
Based on lap times (see http://racerxonline.com/2017/04/25/sign-of-the-lap-times-salt-lake-city), Dungey was about 0.5 sec slower in the woops and about 0.5 sec slower per lap on average.

In other words Eli was not much (if at all) faster elsewhere.

Go practice whoops Ryan Tongue
Dungey better practice corner speed, while he is at it.
FTB
4/25/2017 8:38pm
JB151MX wrote:
^^^ You can bet the ranch the semi and techs have been at his place several times!
Ya. I doubt it was a fluke the Kawies were so on point.
C_Hart3
4/25/2017 8:38pm
FTB wrote:

C_Hart3 wrote:

JB151MX wrote:
Mitch and pc don't test in Colorado like factory kawi bud, this guy above has a very valid point that, u are over looking...
Pretty sure Eli lives and trains in Cali too... Also the last time he raced in SLC it wasn't good at all so where was his advantage there?

Even if he did have an advantage of the altitude he still had an incredible ride. How can you deny that?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
4/25/2017 8:41pm
JB151MX wrote:
Did ur boy scout leader convince u of that while he fondled u to make u feel comfortableWoohoo
Wow.
cali11
4/25/2017 8:45pm
FTB wrote:

So what about the other 8 races, where Tomac opened a can of whoop ass?
FTB
4/25/2017 8:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 8:59pm
FTB wrote:

cali11 wrote:
So what about the other 8 races, where Tomac opened a can of whoop ass?
Last week looked more like a super human effort. He hasn't come from 3rd last to a clear leading finish before this.
Pit a bloke who trains at altitude against a bloke who pretty much trains at sea level against each other, at altitude, and you'll get that.

They don't send our best footballers over to the States for the pre season to do altitude training because it doesn't have clear advantages.

Eli clearly had an advantage last week, as did the bike. Not taking anything away from his currant form, just sayin.

Post a reply to: Dungey Lost it in the whoops

The Latest