Dungey Barcia Controversy

iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:46pm
Before you guys tbag on for it maybe already being up, i've been out in the mountains for the past week and listened to the pulpmx show on the way back. Does anyone have video of Dungey "cusing" out Barcia after the race or callig him out in the press conference? Can't find it.
|
smc916
8/18/2011 5:29pm
Not the word exchange but the press conference is on the Racer X Post-Show.
NeverRaced
8/18/2011 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2011 5:32pm
iudi2006 wrote:
Before you guys tbag on for it maybe already being up, i've been out in the mountains for the past week and listened to the pulpmx...
Before you guys tbag on for it maybe already being up, i've been out in the mountains for the past week and listened to the pulpmx show on the way back. Does anyone have video of Dungey "cusing" out Barcia after the race or callig him out in the press conference? Can't find it.
Dungey needs to grow a pair and pass the kid or shut up about it. Barcia didn't do anything wrong and dungey was just pissed cause it took him 35 minutes to pass him.
MT MX
8/18/2011 6:07pm
NeverRaced wrote:
Dungey needs to grow a pair and pass the kid or shut up about it. Barcia didn't do anything wrong and dungey was just pissed cause...
Dungey needs to grow a pair and pass the kid or shut up about it. Barcia didn't do anything wrong and dungey was just pissed cause it took him 35 minutes to pass him.
I would say there's more to it than that. Not just with Dungey, but with Reed also. Honda pretty much ruined Reed's chance at the championship by putting Barcia in. I'm thinking it was intentional also. I could see TwoTwo going to Suzuki next year and Honda being pissed and maybe trying to teach him a lesson or something.
8/18/2011 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2011 6:26pm
MT MX wrote:
I would say there's more to it than that. Not just with Dungey, but with Reed also. Honda pretty much ruined Reed's chance at the championship...
I would say there's more to it than that. Not just with Dungey, but with Reed also. Honda pretty much ruined Reed's chance at the championship by putting Barcia in. I'm thinking it was intentional also. I could see TwoTwo going to Suzuki next year and Honda being pissed and maybe trying to teach him a lesson or something.
Seriously? No one including JB17 himself expected him to run up front, only top ten.

Honda ruined Reed's chance at the championship? I think Reed ruined his chances, and that funny part is, he will be the first to admit that, guaranteed.

Plus anything could happen at the remaining two rounds, you never know. And two two to Suzuki? Why? Chad has been doing great on the Honda, and he PICKED the bike. Why would he change after one year, why didn't he just choose the zook the first time?

I really wish people would stop making stuff up that makes zero sense. Think before you post.

The Shop

SL91
8/18/2011 6:28pm
MT MX wrote:
I would say there's more to it than that. Not just with Dungey, but with Reed also. Honda pretty much ruined Reed's chance at the championship...
Seriously? No one including JB17 himself expected him to run up front, only top ten. Honda ruined Reed's chance at the championship? I think Reed ruined...
Seriously? No one including JB17 himself expected him to run up front, only top ten.

Honda ruined Reed's chance at the championship? I think Reed ruined his chances, and that funny part is, he will be the first to admit that, guaranteed.

Plus anything could happen at the remaining two rounds, you never know. And two two to Suzuki? Why? Chad has been doing great on the Honda, and he PICKED the bike. Why would he change after one year, why didn't he just choose the zook the first time?

I really wish people would stop making stuff up that makes zero sense. Think before you post.
X2
level
8/18/2011 8:01pm
Barcia is out there to try and win. He's got just as much to prove as everybody else to show he can win on a 450. He did a great job. Crossing over in the air was not something he intended to do. It just happened but it was dangerous. I'm sure he would of much rather not crashed.
Zycki11
8/18/2011 8:13pm
MT MX wrote:
And it was President Busch who took down the twin towers right? Yeesh dude lay of the conspiracy theory meds. Reed even stated it wasn't Barcias fault. Racing is racing and JB17 rode killer that day. Nothing more or less
smc916
8/18/2011 10:00pm
Zycki11 wrote:
And it was President Busch who took down the twin towers right? Yeesh dude lay of the conspiracy theory meds. Reed even stated it wasn't Barcias...
And it was President Busch who took down the twin towers right? Yeesh dude lay of the conspiracy theory meds. Reed even stated it wasn't Barcias fault. Racing is racing and JB17 rode killer that day. Nothing more or less
President Busch
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
8/18/2011 10:03pm
NeverRaced wrote:
Dungey needs to grow a pair and pass the kid or shut up about it. Barcia didn't do anything wrong and dungey was just pissed cause...
This^^

I'm mainly a RV2 fan, but I also like Dungey - seems like a really good kid, hard worker, etc. But he needs to shut up, nut up, twist the damn throttle, and pass the people in front him. He needs to stop being a "victim" when things don't go his way. He went after Hill, Canard, and now Barcia when they disrupted what he had going on within the championship series. All those guys are out there to earn a paycheck and they get paid to race races as hard as they can. they don't get paid to pull over and let someone pass them.

Dungey has a lot of fans out there that like the guy, but he's losing them when he acts like a whiny little beotch. Twist the throttle son and shut up.
MXR
8/18/2011 10:15pm
When Dungey made an aggressive pass (no contact) on RV at Millville , RV went down , nowhere to go , you didn't hear him piss , moan or cry about it . It was close , but clean . If the tides were turned RD would have been crying about it .

Fragile Ego .
MXR
8/18/2011 10:34pm
RV 2011 SX Champion .
8/18/2011 10:48pm
TbonesPop wrote:
This^^ I'm mainly a RV2 fan, but I also like Dungey - seems like a really good kid, hard worker, etc. But he needs to shut...
This^^

I'm mainly a RV2 fan, but I also like Dungey - seems like a really good kid, hard worker, etc. But he needs to shut up, nut up, twist the damn throttle, and pass the people in front him. He needs to stop being a "victim" when things don't go his way. He went after Hill, Canard, and now Barcia when they disrupted what he had going on within the championship series. All those guys are out there to earn a paycheck and they get paid to race races as hard as they can. they don't get paid to pull over and let someone pass them.

Dungey has a lot of fans out there that like the guy, but he's losing them when he acts like a whiny little beotch. Twist the throttle son and shut up.
As soon as you qualify for a pro national then you can tell someone else to twist the throttle moreWoohooWoohooPinch
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/18/2011 11:41pm
I have a hell of a lot more respect for Barcia now after watching his ride at Unadilla.
希望
8/19/2011 12:08am
Just watch the press conference....

Dungey bitching about Barcia - What's the fuckin' point? He sounds like an idiot going on about, "...this is the big boys...gotta show some respect..."

Barcia went out and did what he was supposed to do - put his bike up front. Not to kiss Dungey's ass.
velocitygear
8/19/2011 1:18am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2011 1:19am
Jeffro's been around for awhile, right when that incident took place, Emig said that Barcia moved over to block dungey (not verbatum) but didn't realize Dungey had the momentum that he did.

I dislike "cheap" riders, a 2nd or third would make Barcia no difference. Taking out Dungey for that one spot, is a poor decision. We all know he should have at least "slowed" when he went off the track, oh no; that's a new line now Wink

Dungey; definitely whined... but he's in the title chase, Barcia should at least respect that concept...
希望
8/19/2011 4:11am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2011 4:14am
Jeffro's been around for awhile, right when that incident took place, Emig said that Barcia moved over to block dungey (not verbatum) but didn't realize Dungey...
Jeffro's been around for awhile, right when that incident took place, Emig said that Barcia moved over to block dungey (not verbatum) but didn't realize Dungey had the momentum that he did.

I dislike "cheap" riders, a 2nd or third would make Barcia no difference. Taking out Dungey for that one spot, is a poor decision. We all know he should have at least "slowed" when he went off the track, oh no; that's a new line now Wink

Dungey; definitely whined... but he's in the title chase, Barcia should at least respect that concept...
Hey man, for you and me and probably everyone else here - that makes sense.

But a race horse is fuckin' race horse - there's only one speed and that's balls to the wall. I think that's the reason why. Chandler, Carmichael and Stewart were and are all the same way.

Fuck Dungey - Barcia doesn't owe him anything. It's war out there.
velocitygear
8/19/2011 5:03am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2011 5:04am
希望 wrote:
Hey man, for you and me and probably everyone else here - that makes sense. But a race horse is fuckin' race horse - there's only...
Hey man, for you and me and probably everyone else here - that makes sense.

But a race horse is fuckin' race horse - there's only one speed and that's balls to the wall. I think that's the reason why. Chandler, Carmichael and Stewart were and are all the same way.

Fuck Dungey - Barcia doesn't owe him anything. It's war out there.
Carmichael is not one that I recall riding into other riders flight paths intentionally and being known for it. I have no favorites here. I just want to see race battles, not take-out moves... I don't recall any such riding in the carmichael stewart era....... obviously there were incidents (unadilla) but it wasn't the rule...... from what I remember anyway....

.. we would have missed some unbelievable racing if they rode with that mentality. When those two were going at it they knew what to expect from each other, no intentional lane swapping hazardous tactics...(yes, o.k..... for the most part, shiat does happen)
I think they knew that intentional foul play wasn't part of either riders agenda.

Does Barcia want it bad enough to justify questionable riding tactics?

Really, I understand barcia's desire there, no doubt.... but where do you draw the line?
hurtssogood
8/19/2011 5:39am
Reed has to beat Villapoto and Dungey to win a championship......not Barcia. I am a Reed fan and not thrilled that Barcia beat him, but it's certainly not Honda's fault! And I am NOT a Honda fan either!
8/19/2011 5:52am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2011 5:54am
Fucking word to the above 2 mother fuckers YEEEAAAAAAH dead right!!!!
Faceaz
8/19/2011 6:52am
smc916 wrote:
Not the word exchange but the press conference is on the Racer X Post-Show. [embed][/embed]
Not the word exchange but the press conference is on the Racer X Post-Show.
Sorry for the side well beaten topic. But, anyone notice how well the 350 pulled on that start.
jndmx
8/19/2011 6:59am
Faceaz wrote:
Sorry for the side well beaten topic. But, anyone notice how well the 350 pulled on that start.
What 350?

Shorty was the one riding the 350, Alessi is on the 450 for outdoors.
eb313
8/19/2011 7:01am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2011 7:03am
MT MX wrote:
Please stop ignorant posts in defence of Reed, they make his fan base look bad. That being said, Honda wouldn't try to make Honda look bad (by the way CR22 rides a Honda) even if it is a privateer team. Reed has the highest exposure for Honda since Trey is out, they like it, they want and they need it. Barcia was just racing, when the gate drops you go as fast as you can untill you pass the checkered flag, and Honda wants as manny bikes in the top ten as possible. Since Barcia was struggling on the 250 (he said he was over riding it) and had alot of pressure on it (self imposed as well as outside expectations) they let him rip on it, way to go on a 3rd over all!

Dungey has alot of pressure as well, people saying last year was a fluke and he won because the top guys were out with injuries, blah, blah, blah. He is a good kid, handles himself very well which so many of the vital community claims he is a robot and has no personality and when he finally gets pissed and lets it show you beat him down. I am not saying he is right but he is probably just pissed and let it get the best of him. Not many of us on here can relate with the expectations and demands put on these guys at this level and the enormous pressure put on them to WIN, WIN, WIN. Again, I'm not saying he was right but at least he showed some emotion, right?
8/19/2011 7:03am
Did anyone else notice they misspelled "kawasaki" on RV's name tag at the post race interview? His tag says "Monster Energy Kawsaki".

lol
8/19/2011 10:30am
I get that all the moto-bros on here have well established careers in motocross and were/are top level factory riders who get up and spend their entire life training to be the best, but in what way was Dungey whining?

Barcia does owe Dungey, RV, and Reed something -- respect for the title chase. Now I realize that some of you take that to mean, "Pull over Barcia", but that's not what Dungey meant. Dungey meant that it's not fair of Barcia to come in for the last four races and go out there and ride over-aggressive with the title contenders since in doing so Barcia could take one of them out of the series. Barcia needs to use his head while he's out there.

Now I know that all the people whining about Dungey "whining" are go get em individuals who have taken life by the horns and never whine themselves, because let's face it, that's why you're here on a message board instead of say, winning a 250 lites title, a 450 SX and National title (rookie year), and being a multi-time MXoN champ like Dungey, It's cause he's a whiner and you're not, bros.
希望
8/19/2011 10:46am
I get that all the moto-bros on here have well established careers in motocross and were/are top level factory riders who get up and spend their...
I get that all the moto-bros on here have well established careers in motocross and were/are top level factory riders who get up and spend their entire life training to be the best, but in what way was Dungey whining?

Barcia does owe Dungey, RV, and Reed something -- respect for the title chase. Now I realize that some of you take that to mean, "Pull over Barcia", but that's not what Dungey meant. Dungey meant that it's not fair of Barcia to come in for the last four races and go out there and ride over-aggressive with the title contenders since in doing so Barcia could take one of them out of the series. Barcia needs to use his head while he's out there.

Now I know that all the people whining about Dungey "whining" are go get em individuals who have taken life by the horns and never whine themselves, because let's face it, that's why you're here on a message board instead of say, winning a 250 lites title, a 450 SX and National title (rookie year), and being a multi-time MXoN champ like Dungey, It's cause he's a whiner and you're not, bros.
Don't you see any fallacies to your argument?

You really need to check your logic - specifically in that last paragraph.

You're not too bright, are you?
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
8/19/2011 11:07am
"Dungey meant that it's not fair of Barcia to come in for the last four races and go out there and ride over-aggressive with the title contenders since in doing so Barcia could take one of them out of the series. "

Not fair,Really?
Barcia was put on the starting line to place as high up as he could by Honda. Not ride behind title contenders for the fun of it.
MXR
8/19/2011 11:12am
Ya , lets pussify the sport so a certain rider can win a title .
CR250Rider
8/19/2011 11:20am
what would Hannah do ? ........ WWHD

I wonder what Hannah would say about this whole thing? LOL
8/19/2011 11:35am
I get that all the moto-bros on here have well established careers in motocross and were/are top level factory riders who get up and spend their...

希望 wrote:
Don't you see any fallacies to your argument? You really need to check your logic - specifically in that last paragraph. You're not too bright, are...
Don't you see any fallacies to your argument?

You really need to check your logic - specifically in that last paragraph.

You're not too bright, are you?
Clue me in, logic-master. Whistling
8/19/2011 11:42am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2011 11:44am
neverwas wrote:
"Dungey meant that it's not fair of Barcia to come in for the last four races and go out there and ride over-aggressive with the title...
"Dungey meant that it's not fair of Barcia to come in for the last four races and go out there and ride over-aggressive with the title contenders since in doing so Barcia could take one of them out of the series. "

Not fair,Really?
Barcia was put on the starting line to place as high up as he could by Honda. Not ride behind title contenders for the fun of it.
And he is still obligated to respect the title contenders. Do you honestly think it would be fair for Barica to come in for the last four races and ride overly aggressive and knock one of them out of a major series that they have worked their entire life to win? I stand behind everything I said, and Dungey is correct: Barcia needs to respect that and start using his head out there. He went off the track, he crossed lines mid-air, and he has a history of being overly aggressive. Dungey had every right to be upset. I like Barcia, and all is fair in love and war, but for him to be in the war, he needs to be in their for the whole battle if he wants to stake his claim. Coming in for the last four races (which is fine to do) and riding the way he did is not OK. IF he beats Dungey, then fine. But he should do it without riding over his limits and endangering the other riders and especially the title contenders.

I promise you that if Stewart had done that, these boards would be lit up with Stewart-hate. Take the blinders off and look at this objectively instead of which rider you like/dislike more.

Post a reply to: Dungey Barcia Controversy

The Latest