Drugs in MX

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
11/21/2013 5:11pm
What is and isn't legal to use in MX/SX ?? Is there a standard of what can be used or what is banned?
JM485
11/21/2013 5:22pm
This thread
11/21/2013 5:22pm
Both points here are spot on. Aldon isnt fooling anyone except fools. Nobody cares. And you could give all the mid-pack riders all the "help" in...
Both points here are spot on.

Aldon isnt fooling anyone except fools. Nobody cares.

And you could give all the mid-pack riders all the "help" in the world and they'd still be mid-packers.

If they could out-work RV they would be. The only two people on the planet that have right to complain about RV's alleged drug use are Dungey & Stewart.

Dungey because he has the work ethic and drive to match RV & Im assuming he doesnt use. But Im probably wrong.

And Stewart because he has the raw talent to beat RV straight up. But Stewart has less of a leg to stand on. He's been doing it for the paycheck for years now.

Unless you are willing to put in the sacrifice RV does, and you have his talent, then you really dont have a right to complain about what he's allegedly using. The playing field will never be level (factory bikes?) so who are we kidding. And there is no more important part on the bike than the rider.

If Dungey is clean, he and his fans are the only guys that have any right to bitch and moan.
Outsider wrote:
Good post. My question is, assuming RV is using, how can Dungey be clean and yet be "as fit, or fitter" than him, something that is...
Good post.

My question is, assuming RV is using, how can Dungey be clean and yet be "as fit, or fitter" than him, something that is said over and over?
One of the reasons Stewart is still racing is because he wants to win Clean. It's a point of pride for him and rest assured he will be dropping the bomb in a book afterwards. He's intelligent. Don't let the smile fool you, dude is an old school killer.

On the flip side, if he wasnt so FUCKING AMAZING and ahead of everyone else back in like 2002 then dudes with less game like well.... everyone else wouldn't need PEDs.

It's just not fair that he's so talented. But he can still run with them without it.

Is this the answer to his success rate with shorter events vs longer? IE. heat wins, MEC? No boosters from Aldon?

For the record I think they should do whatever they want. They're already doing one of the most retardedly dangerous and difficult things ever for less than bench player baseball bros.

Let them eat cake.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
11/21/2013 5:44pm
Both points here are spot on. Aldon isnt fooling anyone except fools. Nobody cares. And you could give all the mid-pack riders all the "help" in...

And you could give all the mid-pack riders all the "help" in the world and they'd still be mid-packers.

If they could out-work RV they would be. The only two people on the planet that have right to complain about RV's alleged drug use are Dungey & Stewart.

Dungey because he has the work ethic and drive to match RV & Im assuming he doesnt use. But Im probably wrong.

And Stewart because he has the raw talent to beat RV straight up. But Stewart has less of a leg to stand on. He's been doing it for the paycheck for years now.

Unless you are willing to put in the sacrifice RV does, and you have his talent, then you really dont have a right to complain about what he's allegedly using. The playing field will never be level (factory bikes?) so who are we kidding. And there is no more important part on the bike than the rider.

If Dungey is clean, he and his fans are the only guys that have any right to bitch and moan.
Outsider wrote:
Good post. My question is, assuming RV is using, how can Dungey be clean and yet be "as fit, or fitter" than him, something that is...
Good post.

My question is, assuming RV is using, how can Dungey be clean and yet be "as fit, or fitter" than him, something that is said over and over?
Genetics.

The Shop

Dezerted
11/21/2013 5:48pm
If it helps with healing, Didn't Dungey return quickly from his collarbone?
Dezerted
11/21/2013 5:50pm
I think the top guys have all used PEDs but it's not up to us fans to police it. Just like baseball in the 80s and 90s people suspected but if the sports governing bodies aren't going to police it then as a fan I don't care what they do. I'll just enjoy the results
peelout
11/21/2013 5:57pm

Outsider wrote:
Good post.

One of the reasons Stewart is still racing is because he wants to win Clean. It's a point of pride for him and rest assured he...
One of the reasons Stewart is still racing is because he wants to win Clean. It's a point of pride for him and rest assured he will be dropping the bomb in a book afterwards. He's intelligent. Don't let the smile fool you, dude is an old school killer.

On the flip side, if he wasnt so FUCKING AMAZING and ahead of everyone else back in like 2002 then dudes with less game like well.... everyone else wouldn't need PEDs.

It's just not fair that he's so talented. But he can still run with them without it.

Is this the answer to his success rate with shorter events vs longer? IE. heat wins, MEC? No boosters from Aldon?

For the record I think they should do whatever they want. They're already doing one of the most retardedly dangerous and difficult things ever for less than bench player baseball bros.

Let them eat cake.
Outsider
11/21/2013 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2013 6:06pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Genetics.
Haha... I guess that's the ace in the hole huh? Laughing
TeamGreen
11/21/2013 6:06pm
peelout is Sooo F'd up!

I like that!

Bwahahahahaha

You NEVER go FULL-LOCDAWG!
Roscoe33
11/21/2013 7:10pm
The only one that says there is a "drug ring " in Pro MX is Tony Alessi....

Hmmmmmm
Hut
11/21/2013 7:20pm
peelout wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/11/21/37025/s1200_43208627.jpg[/img]
Holy shit that's good!
11/21/2013 7:59pm

Outsider wrote:
Good post.

UpTiTe wrote:
Genetics.
That was going to be my exact response.

Genetics are always an X factor.
11/21/2013 8:04pm
Dezerted wrote:
If it helps with healing, Didn't Dungey return quickly from his collarbone?
Doesnt mean he used illegal PEDs.

There are all sorts of advanced methods to heal faster. They got those chambers you sleep in. Nothing illegal about that, and I wouldnt put it past Dungey to own one.

I have a friend that destroyed his collarbone trying a jump he never should have attempted. Pins & rods sticking out of his skin and all that good stuff. Kawasaki sent him to their doctors in La Jolla and they worked their magic. He was racing 2 weeks later.

Granted, he has some pretty unique genetics.

I can speak for that situation because I was pretty close to it and I know the athlete. But in most other cases I assume a athlete is using because it's actually the safe assumption. The difference is, I dont really judge the athlete negatively. The PEDs dont have that much use if youre not already a workout warrior. So I actually commend a athlete that is willing to do whatever it takes to win.
11/21/2013 8:10pm
lostboy819 wrote:
What is and isn't legal to use in MX/SX ?? Is there a standard of what can be used or what is banned?
Yes. It's pretty well defined in the rules.

The problem is with the testing and the testing agency.

Science is always going to be one step ahead of the people testing for it. That is fact number one that needs to be accepted.

Fact number two is that this is professional entertainment, not amateur sports. It's not in the best interest of the sanctioning bodies or promoters to bust their stars for doping. I can say for sure that I know of at least 1 top 5 (in the world) rider that has failed tests and the testing agency went to the sanctioning body first to see how they wanted to proceed. It was swept under the rug. I just assume that isnt the only case of that happening in this sports history.
yosmithy
11/21/2013 8:19pm
Has anyone asked Oprah to interview Baker? She'll get the truth outta him...
11/21/2013 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 11/22/2013 11:43am
I think everyone on both sides of the argument would do well to step back for a second and look at what were really talking about....

.....the issue is drug use right? Performance enhancing? Legal or not? The safety of the riders?.....

....basically one or a combination of a few of those specifics are what everyone has a problem/opinion on right?

....well here is how funny I find it:

1. MX/SX is far more dangerous in itself than any PED
2. There are plenty of employees in the pits that are on one recreational drug or another
3. There are plenty of fans in the stands that are on one recreational drug or another
4. The title sponsor of the series produces a product that is pretty fucking unhealthy in itself
5. You'd be hard pressed to find many fans in the stands that arent drinking alcohol, you know, that liquid drug that isnt exactly good for anyones health. But beer goggles do artificially enhance all the eye candy at the races!
6. And speaking of the eye candy and the subject of whether the racers are racing without "help"....It's pretty hard to find a chic at Anaheim that doesnt have fake boobs or fake hair (not that theres anything wrong with that), The skin is real, that's all that matters right?

I mean, lets just be real here. Who the fuck really cares if the riders are on PEDs while racing? The other half the field cant wait to go use recreational drugs after the race. The rider reps for most sponsors are high as a kite, mechanics love to party, etc. The stands are packed with drunks and whatnot. And most of us like looking at fake women so why do we care if the athletes are so-called "fake"?

This topic is so full of hypocrisy and irony.

If only TFS was still around. He always loved this stuff and made the fights interesting.
11/21/2013 8:34pm
lostboy819 wrote:
All I know is that if I was at the top level and they could help me out, I would take PEDs wouldn't think twice and...
All I know is that if I was at the top level and they could help me out, I would take PEDs wouldn't think twice and I would hire someone who knew what they were doing.
aaryn #234 wrote:
If you had a 16 year old son that had just hit Pro and thought they could help would you also encourage him to follow the...
If you had a 16 year old son that had just hit Pro and thought they could help would you also encourage him to follow the same path as you would have choosen to take?

How about a 15 year old at Loretta's if you knew that could be the difference between getting a Pro ride the next year or missing out?

Not judging just curious.
That is such a GREAT question.

Here is my answer...

If the 16 year old actually had the talent and competitive nature to make it at the next level, I wouldnt need to push it on him. He'd be asking for the "help".

Competitive is, as competitive does. A truly competitive athlete seeks out every possible advantage they can get. It's not like 16 year olds dont know what PEDs are. Although, I could see a 16 year old still being weary of the morality of it all and seeking advice.

Personally, I'd help them and make sure they did it responsibly. But I'd also make sure they werent looking for a shortcut. PED use would have to be in addition to also doing every other thing possible to be the best they could be.

I really dont look at it any different than if a riders mechanic found a loophole in the rules or found a way to cheat on the motor without getting caught. A faster bike doesnt really matter if you cant ride it. And if you can, more power to you I suppose. Racing at any level has never been a level playing field. It's always been about who can find the advantages (legal or not) and exploit them. Im not sure if that is "right" but it's in racing's blood.

Put it this way. Ive never seen a professional trainer or mechanic "push" a PED or cheater part on to a racer. But I have seen trainers assist athletes when asked just the same as Ive seen mechanics bend their morals in a all-out effort to win.
11/21/2013 8:39pm
What are we talking about?

Fear, power, stupidity, comfort and control.

People like to control what everyone can do. They are afraid that others (and especially those they care about) are too stupid to make wise decisions for themselves. Rather than give individuals the power to make their own choices so long as is doesn't hurt anyone else, they find comfort in controlling them. That way, they figure all the idiots (which includes anyone who isn't them) will have to refrain from messing up their version of the world.

In conclusion, eabod.
11/21/2013 8:40pm
One of the reasons Stewart is still racing is because he wants to win Clean. It's a point of pride for him and rest assured he...

Let them eat cake.
I doubt he writes a book. And if he does, it would be pretty hypocritical of him to call out the PED users while leaving out how he used to run 150cc kits on his KX in the 1st moto's of Nationals.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/21/2013 9:52pm
There's so much Dumbgeon in this thread.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
11/21/2013 10:42pm
Again this is why the moto media lacks creditably. Go put your heads in the sand and hide it in the dumbgeon.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
11/22/2013 7:12am

Let them eat cake.
I doubt he writes a book. And if he does, it would be pretty hypocritical of him to call out the PED users while leaving out...
I doubt he writes a book. And if he does, it would be pretty hypocritical of him to call out the PED users while leaving out how he used to run 150cc kits on his KX in the 1st moto's of Nationals.
Add in the fact that he used Aldon to rehab his knee and goes 24-0.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/22/2013 9:34am
lostboy819 wrote:
Again this is why the moto media lacks creditably. Go put your heads in the sand and hide it in the dumbgeon.
I see a lot of what I consider baseless accusations tossed around by anonymous asshats. I highly doubt any one of them has any evidence to back up their claims. If they do I've yet to see it.

I'm not sure how dumping garbage in the trash has anything to do with media creditably (sic).
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
11/22/2013 12:16pm
But you cant deny the fact that PEDs are in mx now. I agree take out posts that accuse riders by name because no one knows but it is a valid topic and if the moto media doesn't want to dig into it I understand because they would be blackballed, but let it be discussed because it is there.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/22/2013 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 11/22/2013 1:15pm
lostboy819 wrote:
But you cant deny the fact that PEDs are in mx now. I agree take out posts that accuse riders by name because no one knows...
But you cant deny the fact that PEDs are in mx now. I agree take out posts that accuse riders by name because no one knows but it is a valid topic and if the moto media doesn't want to dig into it I understand because they would be blackballed, but let it be discussed because it is there.
Do I know for sure? No.

If I took out the posts that accuse riders (or trainers) by name, what would be left of this thread?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
11/22/2013 6:35pm
lostboy819 wrote:
But you cant deny the fact that PEDs are in mx now. I agree take out posts that accuse riders by name because no one knows...
GuyB wrote:
Do I know for sure? No.

If I took out the posts that accuse riders (or trainers) by name, what would be left of this thread?
You have a point.
rebus
11/23/2013 12:28pm
lostboy819 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Do I know for sure? No.

lostboy819 wrote:
You have a point.
I think that if all the posts that accused riders of doping were removed, you'd have a good thread. Naming names isn't bad in and of itself, it would be implicating someone that would be in poor taste.

Asking the questions are fair game and should be allowed. Removing posts or threads that ask these types of questions makes it look worse. It looks like, or at least could be construed as looking like, these types of topics are being swept under the rug.

Saying or implying that trainer X is doping his riders or that rider X is doping without good evidence is wrong. Asking whether trainer X would admit to something that would implicate himself and his riders in an interview is a fair question since it does not imply or suggest that trainer X is doping.

Also fair game in my opinion is the question of whether the media, mechanics, or others that could be in the know, would ever out a rider and if so, what would the implications of that be?

The sport of motocross is growing and this topic will come up more and more. What is needed is testing that works, that is random, and that has strict procedures in place for the benefit of the riders and the sport of motocross. probably easier said than done, after all, look at what Lance Armstrong got away with.

Post a reply to: Drugs in MX

The Latest