Drugs in MX

11/21/2013 1:43pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
I would JB, but it will be online in the next day or so, probably should have waited for it to be uploaded before I posted...
I would JB, but it will be online in the next day or so, probably should have waited for it to be uploaded before I posted Smile

I think it is a pretty interesting topic in the sport.

Baker pretty much said drugs in MX are pretty much a waste of time, partly due to the fact that the races are only 40 minutes long. He also said he is one of the people pushing for more testing and it sucks that his name gets dragged into the topic every time it is mentioned.

Thought it was great that he put himself out there and answered the question, trying to find out now when it will be uploaded.

MXant15, Cool Picture Mate, that your mum or your missus? Smile
PED's are highly used in ever professional sport. MX is no different. People that are saying they wont benefit you are totally in the dark about the subject. As Socket946 said they definitely help recovery and injuries. But people are looking past what AAS does, mostly because they just associate steroids with making you bigger. How about more red blood cells which carry oxygen to the muscles....improved recovery to train at the intensity and frequency that top guys put in day in and day out. I could go on for days on this subject :D.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
11/21/2013 1:44pm
I still can't work out why the top yanks don't want to race in Holland..........
GuyB wrote:
Your post just tested positive for negative.

In the meantime, here's a Chatter Box that I did late last July with Aldon.

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Chatter-Box-Aldon-Baker,37513/Sl…
I missed that one back in July Steve, great interview and great to get a bit of an insight into how Aldon Baker's mind works and his stance on drugs in sport, his passion for training hard and even a bit of an insight on why he left cycling.

Great to hear he is an advocate for further testing in the sport.
Gym Briggs
11/21/2013 1:45pm
Personally let these guys do whatever they want. The can smoke weed, drink beer, blow lines or whatever other shit they want to put into their body. At the end of the day MX is about who can twist the throttle the hardest for longer with the least mistakes. This banter on PED's is ridiculous. It all the outsiders who are having issues not the athletes. You don't see Privateers saying well this top guy is beating me cause he is taking this. If you want to complain complain about how certain teams are cheating in the way of bike performance. That shit has been going on for years. Factories have access to stuff that no other person can get. That is not fair.
People who bitch about PED's are the reason the government is regulating EVERYTHING in the name of Safety! If it doesn't effect you then keep your nose out of it. It's not just a Moto problem it's a society issue. Everyone's nose is in everyone else's business!
BobbyM
11/21/2013 1:46pm
i often wonder why anybody even brings this shit up anymre...it serves no purpose and makes everyone look stupid.

The Shop

11/21/2013 1:49pm
Spagina767 wrote:
Aldon is way too smart to make the stupid comments that he did. Anyone that has researched steroids, PED's, etc knows that they can benefit someone...
Aldon is way too smart to make the stupid comments that he did. Anyone that has researched steroids, PED's, etc knows that they can benefit someone who does a physical activity as hard as MX for 40 minutes, TWICE in a day... not to mention practice, which isnt exactly a stroll on the beach. Clearly he is only saying what uneducated people want to hear, so they can remain in their state of bliss that the amazing sport of MX is drug free... gimme a break. PED's help with indurance, strength, RECOVERY (you know... for that short time inbetween 40 minute moto's), focus, and agression.

Now i am not going to say that someone is, or isnt using them. But what i will say is that if anyone seriously thinks that they have no place in the sport, you are ignorant in the definition of the word. Please do some research and only then after formulate an opinion.

Guys, if Lance beat the strict testing in the cyling world for years, i can gurrantee, with the right ammount of money, that motocross riders can beat the less strict policys of the FIM/AMA...
Lance and every guy that field was on PED's. "Beating" the drug tests that every sports organization conducts is a joke. They are all VERY aware of when the test will be and you would have to be a total moron to fail it. There are drugs they still cant test for that would be huge advantages in MX. HGH and insulin cant be tested for. Not to mention the short esters of steroids/testosterone that can be cleared in a matter of days and test negative for them.
11/21/2013 1:52pm
To comment on the "recreational drugs" used in MX......is that joke? Pro motocross racers are extremists. They are always pushing the envelope looking for the next biggest jump, craziest whip etc etc. They go down the wrong path and don't think its going to be any different with drugs. They do it once and then its over.....keep pushing the envelope to get that "next best thing". Its really sad....and have seen this happen to multiple guys.
11/21/2013 1:53pm
Socket946 wrote:
Ever wonder why Tiger woods, Kobe bryant, and other VERY high paid athletes go to Germany for "rehab".....
Because the Bush administration set back stem-cell research for nearly a decade.

This is why.
JerseyFresh
11/21/2013 1:53pm
BobbyM wrote:
i often wonder why anybody even brings this shit up anymre...it serves no purpose and makes everyone look stupid.
it's off-season brah
JerseyFresh
11/21/2013 1:56pm
I am not familiar with PK's?? and I'd bet a lot of these dudes don't smoke weed, sure there's your regular suspects, but majority ? no...
I am not familiar with PK's?? and I'd bet a lot of these dudes don't smoke weed, sure there's your regular suspects, but majority ? no.

S
Painkillers.
Sondy132001
11/21/2013 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2013 1:59pm
I am not familiar with PK's?? and I'd bet a lot of these dudes don't smoke weed, sure there's your regular suspects, but majority ? no...
I am not familiar with PK's?? and I'd bet a lot of these dudes don't smoke weed, sure there's your regular suspects, but majority ? no.

S
Painkillers.
yes unfortunately SR did go down that path, it almost killed him. Glad he over came it, he's got beautiful babies now !

S
tombugg
11/21/2013 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2013 4:08pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
I would JB, but it will be online in the next day or so, probably should have waited for it to be uploaded before I posted...
I would JB, but it will be online in the next day or so, probably should have waited for it to be uploaded before I posted Smile

I think it is a pretty interesting topic in the sport.

Baker pretty much said drugs in MX are pretty much a waste of time, partly due to the fact that the races are only 40 minutes long. He also said he is one of the people pushing for more testing and it sucks that his name gets dragged into the topic every time it is mentioned.

Thought it was great that he put himself out there and answered the question, trying to find out now when it will be uploaded.

MXant15, Cool Picture Mate, that your mum or your missus? Smile
PED's are highly used in ever professional sport. MX is no different. People that are saying they wont benefit you are totally in the dark about...
PED's are highly used in ever professional sport. MX is no different. People that are saying they wont benefit you are totally in the dark about the subject. As Socket946 said they definitely help recovery and injuries. But people are looking past what AAS does, mostly because they just associate steroids with making you bigger. How about more red blood cells which carry oxygen to the muscles....improved recovery to train at the intensity and frequency that top guys put in day in and day out. I could go on for days on this subject :D.
Ryan is absolutely correct here. Anyone that feels that there are not massive benefits to be gained in performance by using PEDs is ill-informed. One thing that has failed to be mentioned is the fact that steroids greatly affect ones testosterone levels, which inherently brings a large increase in things like; Energy, but more importantly confidence and aggressiveness. Anyone that has ever done anything (let alone race MX) at a competitive level will be able to tell you that those two things are absolutely vital, especially at this level. I don’t personally know that any of these guys are or are not using PED’s.. and I am not about to make assumptions. I leave the assuming up to those that will undoubtedly know who are and who are not because we have some geniuses on this board..However, I will say with 100% certainty there are massive benefits for those that think they can get away with it and choose to risk it…
JerseyFresh
11/21/2013 2:13pm
yes unfortunately SR did go down that path, it almost killed him. Glad he over came it, he's got beautiful babies now !

S
Glad he's doing well. I went down a similar path after a few injuries. Hard road for sure.
Kyle978
11/21/2013 2:31pm
I can say with great confidence that at least 25% of the riders currently on teams regularly smoke weed. You guys would look very differently about some riders, especially some of the sports biggest heroes, if you knew their daily routines and habits.
had2comment
11/21/2013 2:41pm
Lance and every guy that field was on PED's. "Beating" the drug tests that every sports organization conducts is a joke. They are all VERY aware...
Lance and every guy that field was on PED's. "Beating" the drug tests that every sports organization conducts is a joke. They are all VERY aware of when the test will be and you would have to be a total moron to fail it. There are drugs they still cant test for that would be huge advantages in MX. HGH and insulin cant be tested for. Not to mention the short esters of steroids/testosterone that can be cleared in a matter of days and test negative for them.
HGH can be tested for.
11/21/2013 2:50pm
Lance and every guy that field was on PED's. "Beating" the drug tests that every sports organization conducts is a joke. They are all VERY aware...
HGH can be tested for.
What might that test be? Are we talking use or ABUSE can be tested for? To my knowledge there is no such test, but if there is some new way I would love to hear it.
11/21/2013 2:56pm
To my knowledge it only has a short half life (under 24 hours) so the only way they could positively 100% say your using is....

inject 15iu 5 hours prior to your test (those who don't know 15iu is a TON), there is no "set" number that your body produces, so the only way to could 100% tell is like I said you took an absurd amount. Even small amounts of good legit stuff (2-4iu) would be more then enough to get performance enhancing benefits.
had2comment
11/21/2013 2:56pm
What might that test be? Are we talking use or ABUSE can be tested for? To my knowledge there is no such test, but if there...
What might that test be? Are we talking use or ABUSE can be tested for? To my knowledge there is no such test, but if there is some new way I would love to hear it.
11/21/2013 3:08pm
Says right on the site "abuse". Like I just explained you would have to be a moron to fail a blood test THEY KNOW will be issued and would have to inject a TON to test positive. They could easily back down the dose and pass. Therefore there still is no way to test accurately. You can use HGH all year and just not inject the day of your test and PASS!
had2comment
11/21/2013 3:29pm
Hmm, idiot or not if there were proper testing most people would not take that risk. I know HGH takes time to get into your body and begin working. Doesn't matter, I just think the table should be even. If one person is on it they all should be on it. I just can't stand when people are naïve and try to debate PED's will not help. I've done an over the counter banned (later banned) supplement that no doubt increased my endurance and I was far less fatigued. If it helps a guy like me not get hurt on a weekend due to fatigue than I condone it.
LocDawg
11/21/2013 3:39pm
Titan1 wrote:
I get why the top togs wouldn't want to out each other...they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them (IF-capitalized on purpose-one of them...
I get why the top togs wouldn't want to out each other...they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them (IF-capitalized on purpose-one of them is doing it, they all probably are)...but what about the privateers? I'm sure they are privy to this kind of information (IF-capitalized on purpose-it exists)...so what's stopping them from outing one of the top riders? They've got virtually nothing to lose, and really everything to gain.

The journalists in this sport aren't real journalists...they are fans first, journalists second...real journalists would be more concerned with their reputation (of reporting the truth) than the reputation of the riders they are reporting on...but they are fans, and as such they just want to have access and hang out in the trucks and be able to text the riders and get invited to bachelor parties. I guess they'd rather be friends than journalists.

If there was a journalist in this sport, they'd dig into this issue, leave no stone unturned, and report the truth (good or bad) and put it to rest once and for all. But that will never happen, because there is a chance they may not get to hang out with the riders any more if they do that.
post of the year

Guys like Matthes are more or less dissinformation agents
mx5471
11/21/2013 3:43pm
It's naive to think that top athletes in any sport are not looking for that extra edge. This one included. From reading this post I have made two assumptions. First is that all the guys that want to win are doing something, maybe off season to enhance their performance, or conditioning. Second is that there is no way Dungey is doing any of it.
11/21/2013 3:46pm
Sounds like the guy who accuses his girl of cheating when he himself is cheating. No one is being fooled Mx is too small everyone knows...
Sounds like the guy who accuses his girl of cheating when he himself is cheating.

No one is being fooled Mx is too small everyone knows everything that is going on all the time.

A
This.

Which is why some of us laugh every time the PED discussion comes up.

Those that know, know.

Those that dont, either believe one way or believe the other and nothing you say or do is going to change their minds.

All the while, everyone ignores the blatant. Which is that the sport of MX/SX is inherently far more dangerous than PED use. So to be against it due to some moral high ground or for concern of the health of the riders is complete bullshit that holds no weight.
11/21/2013 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2013 4:05pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Tne fact that he said motocrossers won't benefit from PEDs because its only a 40minute race and some of you buy it just amazes me. Maybe...
Tne fact that he said motocrossers won't benefit from PEDs because its only a 40minute race and some of you buy it just amazes me.

Maybe he could explain to you guys why sprinters are the most notorious users.

How would PEDs benefit Tiger? Faster recovety time after workouts, focus during play, agility , strength and power.
LocDawg wrote:
and when somene questions it they say "oh well RV must not work hard bla bla bla" lol, if RV was smoking blunts, drinking 40s and...
and when somene questions it they say "oh well RV must not work hard bla bla bla"

lol, if RV was smoking blunts, drinking 40s and eating fried chichken everyday PEDs wouldnt do anything for him..they work when used properly under supervision.
Both points here are spot on.

Aldon isnt fooling anyone except fools. Nobody cares.

And you could give all the mid-pack riders all the "help" in the world and they'd still be mid-packers.

If they could out-work RV they would be. The only two people on the planet that have right to complain about RV's alleged drug use are Dungey & Stewart.

Dungey because he has the work ethic and drive to match RV & Im assuming he doesnt use. But Im probably wrong.

And Stewart because he has the raw talent to beat RV straight up. But Stewart has less of a leg to stand on. He's been doing it for the paycheck for years now.

Unless you are willing to put in the sacrifice RV does, and you have his talent, then you really dont have a right to complain about what he's allegedly using. The playing field will never be level (factory bikes?) so who are we kidding. And there is no more important part on the bike than the rider.

If Dungey is clean, he and his fans are the only guys that have any right to bitch and moan.
Torco1
11/21/2013 4:01pm
From my experience it can be tested and detected. I was seeing a pain management doctor for all of my injuries and the chronic pain. I was prescribed some pretty hefty doses of painkillers for a long time. After being on them for so long I was noticing issues that were coming up. My doctor tested my testosterone levels and they were low which was expected because of the opiates. I was then prescribed testosterone and growth hormones to get me back to a somewhat normal level. I had to go back every two weeks for a while to be tested for the testosterone levels and other chemicals until I was at the level they wanted me at. I wasn't abusing them and it was doctor supervised and they could test and see the amounts in my body, even if they were very small increases or decreases.

I remember when they would test the testosterone levels, I believe the therapeutic range was 300-1000 and they would get precise numbers when doing the test. I don't know how different the drugs I was given through the doctor are compared to what athletes take, so it might not even be comparable. From what my doctor told though, they seemed to be pretty much the same. And I did feel a million times better once I got to a good dose. I could totally tell that my fitness was much better than before.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
11/21/2013 4:10pm
All I know is that if I was at the top level and they could help me out, I would take PEDs wouldn't think twice and I would hire someone who knew what they were doing.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
11/21/2013 4:17pm
lostboy819 wrote:
All I know is that if I was at the top level and they could help me out, I would take PEDs wouldn't think twice and...
All I know is that if I was at the top level and they could help me out, I would take PEDs wouldn't think twice and I would hire someone who knew what they were doing.
If you had a 16 year old son that had just hit Pro and thought they could help would you also encourage him to follow the same path as you would have choosen to take?

How about a 15 year old at Loretta's if you knew that could be the difference between getting a Pro ride the next year or missing out?

Not judging just curious.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
11/21/2013 4:18pm
The segment from last night, it was a full interview with Aldon that goes for about 5 minutes and covers a few topics

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
11/21/2013 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2013 4:47pm
lostboy819 wrote:
All I know is that if I was at the top level and they could help me out, I would take PEDs wouldn't think twice and...
aaryn #234 wrote:
If you had a 16 year old son that had just hit Pro and thought they could help would you also encourage him to follow the...
If you had a 16 year old son that had just hit Pro and thought they could help would you also encourage him to follow the same path as you would have choosen to take?

How about a 15 year old at Loretta's if you knew that could be the difference between getting a Pro ride the next year or missing out?

Not judging just curious.
If I were the 16 year old kid I would take them if they could help and doubt I would have told my parents. My kids have no interest in racing and that is fine with me, they are being groomed for college so they have a good shot at success. I am sure there are lots of mini parents out there that would let their kids take them but I don't know enough about them to know what is good or bad for you. I think modern sports medicine is far past the old days of horse steroids so I'm not going to say that all PEDs are bad, but I know almost nothing about what is available legally or illegally .
Outsider
11/21/2013 4:55pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2013 5:02pm
These threads are always the same..lol. Post after post saying people are stupid to think there are no drugs in mx.. who are you talking to, you're all saying the same thing! Of course, it's always followed by the dropping vast knowledge on the subject. Sideways

This isn't the Olympics, ok? At the end of the day these guys are risking life and limb to put on a show... If a guy wants to use some HGH or anything else to help his body recover from the massive demands from this sport, not to mention the injuries, who are you/we to say he can't?

That said, the dosages and compounds that might be used for mx, imo, would be safe and effective, versus the insane and debilitating things a competitive body builder or even football player might use.

This topic always gets blown out of proportion by people that want to appear to have all the dirt, imo.
Outsider
11/21/2013 4:58pm
Both points here are spot on. Aldon isnt fooling anyone except fools. Nobody cares. And you could give all the mid-pack riders all the "help" in...
Both points here are spot on.

Aldon isnt fooling anyone except fools. Nobody cares.

And you could give all the mid-pack riders all the "help" in the world and they'd still be mid-packers.

If they could out-work RV they would be. The only two people on the planet that have right to complain about RV's alleged drug use are Dungey & Stewart.

Dungey because he has the work ethic and drive to match RV & Im assuming he doesnt use. But Im probably wrong.

And Stewart because he has the raw talent to beat RV straight up. But Stewart has less of a leg to stand on. He's been doing it for the paycheck for years now.

Unless you are willing to put in the sacrifice RV does, and you have his talent, then you really dont have a right to complain about what he's allegedly using. The playing field will never be level (factory bikes?) so who are we kidding. And there is no more important part on the bike than the rider.

If Dungey is clean, he and his fans are the only guys that have any right to bitch and moan.
Good post.

My question is, assuming RV is using, how can Dungey be clean and yet be "as fit, or fitter" than him, something that is said over and over?

Post a reply to: Drugs in MX

The Latest